• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sooo...
Is Shulk a possibility for tomorrow as well?
I don't think it will happen, but I suppose it's possible.
Not everything revolves around Super Smash Bros. We will probably be seeing a new trailer for X. Might even get an actual name.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Strikers Charged is a lot of fun, but Luigi's my main man and Punch Out is one of my favorite games of all time.
So it's a no brainer which of the three I want the least.
I can understand wanting a new Punch-Out!! game but we only just had a new Luigi's Mansion game, man.

But to stay on topic I'm still expecting Diddy Kong from this direct. If we get Diddy Kong tomorrow before the direct or Sakurai makes a tweet about it, then I'll actually get hyped, but until then I'm not expecting much in regards to Smash Bros. at least.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
So we are talking about the direct right now

my money is Diddy being revealed in the picture of today then Dixie or King K Rool will be revealed during the direct the past 2 months has had 2 characters revealed so maybe this month will too and having them shown on the same day will kill 2 birds with one stone

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's clearly Luigi's Punch-Out!!
The last title to end the year of Luigi.

But we're straying off topic, so let's continue talking about how horrid of an idea Diddy and Dixie tag team is.

D

Deleted member

And yet Sakurai will get the last laugh when tomorrow, there's no Dixie, or even Diddy.

Tomorrow......
it will be Cranky.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
All I have to say is that the sooner we murder and bury the very idea of Diddy and Dixie together, the better.
if it can work and be unique, but even then i feel like there's another character missing

IM GOING TO JOIN YOU ON THIS BOAT

And yet Sakurai will get the last laugh when tomorrow, there's no Dixie, or even Diddy.

Tomorrow......
it will be Cranky.
GOLDEN DO NOT CURSE US I AM WARNING YOU

i didnt like ducktales nor ducktales remastered

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
All I have to say is that the sooner we murder and bury the very idea of Diddy and Dixie together, the better.
Its funny because as soon as you see Sakurais creation of it, no one will complain. It happened with Rosalina, it happened with WFT, and it can happen with a Diddy/Dixie tag team :laugh:

D

Deleted member

That's pretty unlikely to happen, I doubt they would take influence from the old DKC cartoon. But I would enjoy it nevertheless.
While the sunglasses from "I'm Going to Be a Star" would be as much of a hard stretch as Squirtle's sunglasses from the Pokémon anime, they have taken influence from the cartoon.

Remember DK's Giant Punch?

....Yeah.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
While the sunglasses from "I'm Going to Be a Star" would be as much of a hard stretch as Squirtle's sunglasses from the Pokémon anime, they have taken influence from the cartoon.

Remember DK's Giant Punch?

....Yeah.
Very likely coincidental (even Sonic sports a similar animation), but still neat.

D

Deleted member

Very likely coincidental (even Sonic sports a similar animation), but still neat.
Sonic's isn't coincidence.
Many of Sonic's standard attacks were taken from Sonic the Fighters.

EDIT: As for DK's Giant Punch, it's hardly coincidental, when the original Smash Bros. has him wind up the punch in the exact same way as in the gif. Melee changed this, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's isn't coincidence.
Many of Sonic's standard attacks were taken from Sonic the Fighters.

EDIT: As for DK's Giant Punch, it's hardly coincidental, when the original Smash Bros. has him wind up the punch in the exact same way as in the gif. Melee changed this, though.
Eh. Still think it's stretching it. Without proof, one can only assume it was a coincidence or intentional. I'd find it odd if Sakurai actually looked at this French animated DKC cartoon and found inspiration from it for DK's moveset.

Groose

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong?
Diddy and Dixie Tag Team?
King K. Rool?
Cranky Kong?

Guys, you're thinking to obvious. This is Sakurai. You have to flip this Direct around and approach things from a different angle. We're obviously getting a Cranky Kong and King K. Rool tag team.

D

Deleted member

Eh. Still think it's stretching it. Without proof, one can only assume it was a coincidence or intentional. I'd find it odd if Sakurai actually looked at this French animated DKC cartoon and found inspiration from it for DK's moveset.
To be fair, the cartoon does have a fanbase in Japan.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

but yeah, punch out sounds plausable. I certainly would enjoy it.

maybe we might even get little mac!
Lunch-Out?
Well that explains Captain Rainbow.

I sometimes like to imagine Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie watching the DK cartoon on Sunday mornings.
I am picturing this right now.
They are all together on a couch, with snacks like chips or something and sodas.
They are watching random 80s Nintendo cartoons like Captain N or Zelda.
Iwata, Sakurai, and Reggie are laughing hysterically at them, while Miyamoto is screaming at the TV for making all the canonical errors and making his characters look like idiots.
And while watching Captain N, Reggie makes a joke about how the creators of the show made the big Nintendo crossover before Sakurai did, and it even had Mega Man over 20 years before Sakurai did.

......Did I just right my first fanfiction?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I made a post regarding the plasm wraith in the rate your chances thread, it took about an hour!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Diddy Kong?
Diddy and Dixie Tag Team?
King K. Rool?
Cranky Kong?

Guys, you're thinking to obvious. This is Sakurai. You have to flip this Direct around and approach things from a different angle. We're obviously getting a Cranky Kong and King K. Rool tag team.

I could see Sakurai taking this, adding a "Cranky and K. Rool Remember Old Times!' banner to come up a few seconds in, and calling it a day.

Keep it PG-13, fellas.
That's right! There are some 13 year olds on this thread, and I wouldn't want the internet to take away my innocence or anything like that!

Oh wait, that already happened......

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Say hello to
not K. Rool!
At this point, I'm actually quite concerned as to why Nintendo absolutely refuses to use K. Rool in the most sensible situations. I'll be extremely surprised if he gets anything more than another trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom