• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
"I'M GONNA BE A STAR!"
i'll be a shirt

While unlikely that they would (at least, compared to a DK newcomer and the like), there is the chance since there was a new game mentioned earlier could be Metroid, they could reveal Ridley alongside it.
...yeah that's being a bit hopeful. hope for the new metroid game first.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looks like Platinum Games is retweeting the Direct too. Does this mean Bayo2 is going to be revealed as well.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I see you guys are on the topic of tomorrow's predicted reveal of a DK rep, it sure looks like it with a Direct.

Anyways, for some reason I started playing Donkey Kong Country 2, again, and it's funny coincidence, because I wasn't thinking of anything related to the TF or Smash at the time. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Welcome to E3 2014! First order of business. Here's a picture of RIdley in the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Well, that's it for E3 this year! Thanks for coming! Please understand.
There will be a large screenshot behind Reggie on the LACC projector screen, and he will announce that it's a real-size screen capture from the game.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You're right. Wonder Red, Bayonetta, Shulk, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong; let's do this Sakurai. One big trailer.
You forgot three. K Rool, Palutena and Little Mac would like to have a word with you

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So... apparently a developer over at Next Level Games has tweeted a reminder to tune into tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. For those of you not in the know, Next Level Games is best known for Luigi's Mansion, Mario Strikers, and... Punch-Out.
Hey Mac Baby, I've got a letter for ya, from a Mr. Sakurai?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like I said previously, I would prefer implementing the 7 main characters somehow instead, because going solo doesn't make sense.
While that would be interesting, don't you think it'd be a little hard to implement? I do get that they'd all have moveset, swapping out for certain attacks. But the amount of models that would be used still seems a little cumbersome. But hell, I'm not a developer, so what the hell would I know.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
That doesn't necessarily make her a better Fairy rep, per se. Just a character that's easier to incorporate. Sylveon has far more fairy-like assets in its design. Jigglypuff just had the typing slapped on her, and I doubt any changes will be made to her moveset that will show it off. Part of Jigglypuff being so easy to create relies on her simplistic moveset. I'm not saying there's no chance it will happen, but I don't see Sakurai making any tweaks to Jigglypuff's moveset to better address the new typing. Adding an entirely new Pokemon that represents the Fairy-type as a whole would be far more interesting, imo.
No, no I'm saying that Slyveon is a better fairy rep, but Jigglypuff has a better likelihood to be the fairy rep for the game. I think it is more likely to have Jiggs get a fairy move than for Sylveon to get in the game. Sorry I worded it poorly before.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
No, no I'm saying that Slyveon is a better fairy rep, but Jigglypuff has a better likelihood to be the fairy rep for the game. I think it is more likely to have Jiggs get a fairy move than for Sylveon to get in the game. Sorry I worded it poorly before.
Aaaaah. I see. Yeah, that's definitely the case in regards to the effort it would take to include either characters. I honestly don't even want Jigglypuff to be removed (one of my favorite characters to use, actually).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd like to remind people Ace Attorney gifs are not exempt from normal gif rules in this thread and if they continue to be posted you will be infracted.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member

Let me start something new: What do you guys think about the Wario franchise having another character?
I'd be fine with it.

Problem is, it's very doubtful who it would be (though at least we know it wouldn't be Ashley, which makes predicting who it would be somewhat easier).

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Let me start something new: What do you guys think about the Wario franchise having another character?
Jimmy T. Or 9-Volt would be cool.

I'd be fine with it.

Problem is, it's very doubtful who it would be (though at least we know it wouldn't be Ashley, which makes predicting who it would be somewhat easier).
Waluigi hopefully.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Perfectly fine with it. I just doubt it'll happen any time soon. Wario characters other than Wario himself all feel so minor in contrast (at least from a Smash Bros. perspective). Just Wario is fine, and I don't think his franchise will ever need another rep (unless if Waluigi finally finds his way in a Land/Ware title).

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Looks like Platinum Games is retweeting the Direct too. Does this mean Bayo2 is going to be revealed as well.
At this point, it either does mean that's what we are seeing at the Direct, or people just are saying that because Directs are kind of a big deal.

I assume the former in this case because a dev would not go out of their way to do that. Unless they were trolling.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think at worst, we get Diddy, and only Diddy. At best, we get a newcomer, or Diddy AND a Newcomer.

D

Deleted member

In response to Mega Bidoof's current Prediction Roster:

Anyone seriously predicting Captain N is of questionable sanity.
An unpopular cartoon/comic book character of the 90s that is unknown in Japan.

Smash may have had its share of oddballs in the past, but at least they made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think at worst, we get Diddy, and only Diddy. At best, we get a newcomer, or Diddy AND a Newcomer.
That sounds like my realistic expectations
I think it would be weird since Wario is a villan in Brawl, but he not in his own games. Right?

So it would be cool, but it would be weird I guess.
nah

also can we stop using the word rep and just use character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom