• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The question is, would Ghirahim fit into that?

Answer that and maybe we have something, but even then I smell another Vaati.
Let me quote the Zelda Wiki here:

"Before spirits and life existed, the three Golden Goddesses, Din, Nayru, and Farore descended upon the chaos that was the world at that time. After forming Hyrule, the three Golden Goddesses once again departed for the heavens, and a symbol of their power, the Triforce, was created at the point where they left the world. This ultimate power gave anyone who possessed it the ability to shape reality and fulfill any desire. They also specifically designed it so that it could never be used by their own kind, as a way of giving hope to the mortal beings of the world. Before departing, the Golden Goddesses left this symbol of ultimate power in the hands of a goddess named Hylia, ordering her to safeguard the relic and granting her the authority to preside over the realm.

For an age, Hylia ruled over the then-unnamed land that was then known only as "the Surface," presiding over the various races in the world at that time. This era of peace ended, however, when a fissure opened in the earth, connecting the underground to the Surface. From this fissure poured an army of demons led by their ruler, the Demon King known as Demise. Demise sought to obtain the ultimate power that Hylia guarded and use it to rule over the entire world. To this end, he ordered his armies to destroy all in their path in an attempt to take the Triforce from Hylia for his own. The armies of Demise caused many misfortunes as they burned forests and killed all in their path at the behest of their master.

Hylia, fearing for her people, gathered all the surviving Hylians on an outcropping of rock she cut away from the land around her temple that contained the Statue of the Goddess. Using her power, Hylia raised the newly-formed Isle of the Goddess into the Sky, sending it beyond the clouds to keep her people out of Demise's reach. This floating island along with others became the new home of the Hylians, which came to be known as Skyloft during the Era of the Sky. She also created a cloud barrier to separate the realm of the Sky from the Surface and thus prevent Demise's armies from pursuing her people. In secret, Hylia also sent the Triforce into the heavens with the Hylians, concealing the portals to its three parts within the hidden Sky Keep that was located beneath the Statue of the Goddess. Through Hylia's design, the way into the Sky Keep, and thus the road to the Triforce, would open when her chosen hero would come in need of it. She also secretly enshrined her sword inside the Statue of the Goddess to await the coming of her chosen hero. Her personal harp was also sent away with Skyloft to be used again one day when the need would arise.

Once her people and the Triforce were safely beyond Demise's reach, the Goddess Hylia joined forces with the remaining races dwelling on the Surface and entered into a fierce battle with Demise and his army of demons. It was said that Hylia had a chosen hero during this time that served and protected her from harm, and that she gave him her personal Sailcloth as a sign of honor. Although only briefly mentioned in the game, Hylia's chosen hero plays a significant role in the Skyward Sword manga. Though what truly happened to her chosen hero is unknown, his existence would continue to be known long after the end of his lifespan. After a long and bloody battle, Hylia succeeded in subduing Demise, driving him into a prison in the former location of the Statue of the Goddess from whence Skyloft was taken. She cast him into this prison and placed a great seal on it meant to keep him locked away where he could do no further harm to the Surface or its inhabitants. With Demise locked away, the battle for control of the Surface was seemingly won and what remained of his armies were left scattered and dispersed across the land. Stripped of his true physical form due to the seal that now bound him, Demise was forced into the form of an abomination capable of great destruction should he ever escape from his new prison beneath what came to be known as the Sealed Grounds."

It is entirely possible that Ghirahim was Demise's first in command in this ancient battle and that he survived despite his master's defeat and aimed to resurrect him in the events of Skyward Sword.

And even if that never happens, there's always this:

"According to the English translation of the Trident inscription in Four Swords Adventures, the Trident houses an "evil spirit". This quote has been re-examined however, and seems to have been mistranslated."

They could easily take this back and make it canon, bringing Ghirahim back as the Trident.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If Sakurai's ego gets big enough for him to add three Kid Icarus reps, it would be Pit, Palutena and Hades.
Hades seems like the ideal villain as he is the main antagonist.
We got the hero, we got the girl, now we need the villain.

Don't tell me about all the Magnus requests at Kid Icarus Uprising's heat.
I very much doubt Hades would get in over Medusa.

Hades would make a great boss with quips depending on who you're playing as, that suits him so much better.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I very much doubt Hades would get in over Medusa.

Hades would make a great boss with quips depending on who you're playing as, that suits him so much better.
Actually yes, now I agree with you.
Although Hades is a big part of the reboot of the franchise and is the main antagonist, Medusa is a staple in the series.
Yeah, it makes more sense to add Medusa.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Okay.

How about every time Meta Knight preforms an attack he trips, and instead of having every attack be a recover move they instead do the complete opposite and he gets flung away from the stage. Like, literally no matter what you do you can't recover.
Here's my suggestions

• Make him take 5% damage every time he does an attack.
  • Decrease his weight by 120%.
  • Increase the frames of every single one of his attacks by 120 frames
  • Make all of his attacks low-priority
  • Remove any invincibility frames on any of his attacks
  • Decrease the height of his jumps
  • Decrease his dash speed and walking speed to that of Jigglypuff's
  • Decrease the attack range of all of his moves
  • Decrease his air-speed
  • Make sure he is put in an helpless state when attacking in the air
  • Decrease the range of his grabs
  • Make Drill Rush twice as difficult to change direction by making it slower and giving it a start-up time that is the same as the Falcon Punch
  • Make it so that Mach Tornado covers a much smaller vertical and horizontal distance
  • Make Shuttle Loop have zero knockback and heal the opponent by 20% no matter what.
  • Give Dimesnion Cape a start up time that is twice as long as that of Warlock Punch
  • Change his Final Smash to him simply giving up the match whilst weeping at his place on the Smash 4 tier list.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
But on topic, what do you guys think about two Kid Icarus newcomers (Palutena and ...)?
The only possibility of that is if Sakurai has time for a last minute semi-clone in Dark Pit. There's no way KI will get two 'full' newcomers.

D

Deleted member

So, where does everyone stand on the Villager costume thing?
Do you think Villager is going to have 12 "palettes" with 6 for both boy and girl, or just 6 with 3 for both?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Do you think Villager is going to have 12 "palettes" with 6 for both boy and girl, or just 6 with 3 for both?
It's going to be the former.

Each one is going to get a different face.

It's not some convoluted customization mechanic like idiots are thinking.

D

Deleted member

It's going to be the former.

Each one is going to get a different face.

It's not some convoluted customization mechanic like idiots are thinking.
.....what does the underlined have to do with what I asked?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's a really good question... I'm really hoping there will be six for both, and the female will just be an alternate like the classic overalls outfits was for Wario; it would upset me if it was only three and three.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
On the subject of Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong characters...

I could totally see Magnus as an assist, and Medusa and or Hades as bosses. There ARE at least two KI stages already confirmed. So two bosses would be possible.
I used to think Magnus would be playable before Palutena, because it seemed unlikely they'd include a playable goddess for several reasons, but now she seems way more likely, and is honestly the most important character in the series after Pit. There's so much evidence in her favor. I feel like she'd be hidden, though.

The Donkey Kong series is one of my all-time favorites, so I'd honestly love to see Dixie, Cranky, Rambi, and K. Rool make appearances.
Rambi would make for an amazing assist, or if his crate were a standalone item, especially if fighters could ride him! I've wanted Rambi and Epona, and steeds/vehicles in general in Smash for as long as I can remember, but so far we haven't seen much of that.
Heck, I'd even love to play as Rambi. I love Rambi.
I'd be ecstatic to see other playable fighters from the DK series, but I'd be pleased even with an assist and a boss. Actually, I wonder sometimes whether we'll see a Gangplank Galleon stage, with K. Rool as a boss, or if a boss from DKCR is more likely. It's interesting we haven't seen any DK stages other than Jungle Japes. I'm curious if we'll see anything OTHER than a jungle river/waterfall or construction site stage for DK in SSB.
If DK had a third rep, I could see either Dixie or K. Rool, honestly. Possibly Dixie as a semi-clone of Diddy with some original moves. I'd be happy with either or both.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I'm a little bored, so here's a roster.

Wish Roster.png

Thoughts?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This may be a stupid nitpick, but the artwork for some of the characters is reused from Brawl.

That and I'm kinda iffy about Robin and Wolf's return
That is a legitimate nitpick that I am deeply ashamed of.

I think Robin does have a chance to be in. Not as likely as Chrom, but I could see it happening. Wolf I don't think needs to be cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That is a legitimate nitpick that I am deeply ashamed of.

I think Robin does have a chance to be in. Not as likely as Chrom, but I could see it happening. Wolf I don't think needs to be cut.
That's ok, don't worry, I can see it too, but yes I think Chrom is more likely.

However, at some point, someone may have to leave. Not saying it will happen, I'm saying it CAN. Even so it won't be as much cuts as Brawl had scrapped

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 14302

Thoughts?
I like this roster, but it seems safe imo. Gotta have more surprises there.
Robin is a probably your best addition there.
Isn't too big or small, just a round number like 50 slots.
I wouldn't mind this roster but it needs more surprises to get my interest.
Solid roster, 8/10.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hmm.
Well to people who think they are likely yes.
But I don't really think they are going to be in this game so....
Try harder. :p
So, what kind of surprise do you have in mind? The way I see it, I think we're fine without too many more surprises, especially since we've already had so many. I think some actual hype-builders are necessary at this point.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The only possibility of that is if Sakurai has time for a last minute semi-clone in Dark Pit. There's no way KI will get two 'full' newcomers.
Reallly? Pseudo Palutena and Nintendo making a 3d anime series heavily featuring Palutena didn't show their (and Sakurai's, his game) devotion to the character? She's kind of a shoe in. Medusa is a tougher sell, but I'd like her in the game. Magnus and Hades are even tougher sells... though I wouldn't have a problem with them too.

Best multiplayer game on the 3DS till Smash comes out.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
So, what kind of surprise do you have in mind? The way I see it, I think we're fine without too many more surprises, especially since we've already had so many. I think some actual hype-builders are necessary at this point.
Yes, hype builders are vital for a point like this. Especially for E3.
But they doesn't have to stop us from getting another surprise character.
I am not expecting that character to have full blown trailer or anything, maybe just being saved as a secret character.
I think that's the best way to add those unexpected characters.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Reallly? Pseudo Palutena and Nintendo making a 3d anime series heavily featuring Palutena didn't show their (and Sakurai's, his game) devotion to the character? She's kind of a shoe in. Medusa is a tougher sell, but I'd like her in the game. Magnus and Hades are even tougher sells... though I wouldn't have a problem with them too.

Best multiplayer game on the 3DS till Smash comes out.
Uh... I think you're misinterpreting something. I was responding to a post wondering if we'd see two KI newcomers. Palutena is a given, as you said.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eh, a silly misconception. I actually don't mind Dixie one way or the other, but the late-2013, early-2014 fad of calling her a "shoo-in" who was "competing with" K. Rool because of "series reps" was grating. I'm glad it's over for the most part.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Eh, a silly misconception. I actually don't mind Dixie one way or the other, but the late-2013, early-2014 fad of calling her a "shoo-in" who was "competing with" K. Rool because of "series reps" was grating. I'm glad it's over for the most part.
So it was just another case of a character fad coming and going.

Though I could make arguments that Dixie can do more then simply cater to the dunces.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 14302

Thoughts?
This roster probably pretty close to what the final roster will look like, although I expect the final roster to have a few more "surprise" characters. I'm not sure about robin and Ike since Chrom seems more likely.
I personally think that we'll get shulk as well as a few extra obscure newcomers like Isaac or Chibi Robo. I also like that your roster has snake on it, since I'm worried about him not returning. Good roster overall.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
This roster probably pretty close to what the final roster will look like, although I expect the final roster to have a few more "surprise" characters. I'm not sure about robin and Ike since Chrom seems more likely.
I personally think that we'll get shulk as well as a few extra obscure newcomers like Isaac or Chibi Robo. I also like that your roster has snake on it, since I'm worried about him not returning. Good roster overall.
I beleive Ike will actually stay, since Chrom really shouldn't replace Ike.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I would still say that the remaining newcomers should focus more on generating actual hype for the game rather than just being surprising. And even then, you said that you don't expect Robin. S/He's quite the surprise for all those who believe Chrom is a shoo-in.

Now, in regards to Shulk, I think he'd be a good addition to the roster and is a fairly likely character overall. However, I could very easily see him just not making the cut. The main reason I didn't include him on my roster is simply because I didn't want to go over a 50 character roster, and I don't think there's any room for Shulk with the characters I already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom