• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo the new Roy vs Chrom?
No it isn't. Both are generally expected to get in, it's just us arguing if in the unfortunate case one missed out, who would get in over the other.
Guys, I want your opinions on possible semi-clone newcomers.
What do you think their chances are to be in this game.
This could include, Dixie Kong, Louie or anyone you think could be a semi-clone.
The possible semi-clone newcomers that I can think of are Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr., and Roy. None of them have a high chance at this point, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This could include, Dixie Kong, Louie or anyone you think could be a semi-clone.
I think Dixie Kong has a pretty average chance of 65%, I used to say higher until the Kremlings were revealed as smash run enemies in the direct.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Dixie, Bowser Jr. and Toon Zelda are characters that could plausibly be low-priority newcomer semi-clones.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wow, this is the first time I've heard Dixie mentioned in awhile. It may just be me, but it seems like she's less prominent than she used to be.

I don't really think the Kremlings mean anything to King K. Rool's chances. I mean, they're just Smash enemies.
The biggest thing they mean for K. Rool's chances is that the games K. Rool appeared in, the less recent Donkey Kong games, are having content pulled from them. He and the Kremlings haven't been forgotten or brushed aside, and that was one of K. Rool's biggest obstacles.

D

Deleted member

I don't really think the Kremlings mean anything to King K. Rool's chances. I mean, they're just Smash enemies.
What makes the Kremling's appearance in Smash Run noteworthy is the fact that it is the first time since 2008 they've appeared in a game. Many people though that K. Rool and the Kremlings were going to disappear forever, so the fact that Sakurai managed to notice the Kremlings can only mean one thing; that he has also looked at King K. Rool. I'm confident K. Rool will be more than just a trophy this game and I see playable as the most likely circumstance.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Wow, this is the first time I've heard Dixie mentioned in awhile. It may just be me, but it seems like she's less prominent than she used to be.
What else is there to say? Dixie is a pretty likely character to be in this game. I'm not really that worried about her chances.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What else is there to say? Dixie is a pretty likely character to be in this game. I'm not really that worried about her chances.
At the moment, I don't think she's quite as likely as many believe her to be. She's missed a near perfect opportunity for her reveal, and there's no indication at this point that Tropical Freeze is even being referenced in Smash. On the contrary, the older Donkey Kong games are getting content. Until we see some proof that Tropical Freeze actually has an impact on this game, I think she's actually less than likely.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
No it isn't. Both are generally expected to get in, it's just us arguing if in the unfortunate case one missed out, who would get in over the other.
The possible semi-clone newcomers that I can think of are Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr., and Roy. None of them have a high chance at this point, however,
Yeah, I would agree.
Roy could be added if Sakurai was running low on newcomer choices but only as a low priority clone.

Bowser Jr. I see has a pretty decent chance. I mean, if it was under semi-clone circumstances, he has a good chance. And if people are advocating for 6 Pokemons, I think it is fair to say that Bowser Jr. still has a chance.

Dixie Kong still has a chance, a high one I might add. It is either K. Rool or Dixie and both of them have chances in being added. I think the reason why people are jumping off the boat with her is because TF's release would have had been the perfect release for her, unless there is a ton TF content.

LOL, it seems that your comment has been cut off.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
At the moment, I don't think she's quite as likely as many believe her to be. She's missed a near perfect opportunity for her reveal, and there's no indication at this point that Tropical Freeze is even being referenced in Smash. On the contrary, the older Donkey Kong games are getting content. Until we see some proof that Tropical Freeze actually has an impact on this game, I think she's actually less than likely.
Honestly speaking, I always viewed Tropical Freeze as a relatively minor bonus to her list of merits. Her not being used to promote Tropical Freeze is no big deal. Similar reason why I never believed K. Rool was unlikely just because he wasn't in the last two major DK games.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see both Dixie and K. Rool on the roster, let alone at least one of them. Hey, they both have enough going for them where it's completely believable that they both can get in together.

(and honestly speaking, her being planned for Brawl is a much greater factor than Tropical Freeze).

D

Deleted member

But Golden, Fawful is an amazing replacement for Bowser! He usurped Bowser in BiS!!!
...I agree. Plus
Unlike Fawful, they killed off Ghirahim, so he doesn't have that much of a chance a reappearance. To counter my own point, it IS Zelda, but there's only SO MUCH you can get away with.
Didn't Fawful die in BiS?

Question: Do you know what sarcasm is?
Answer: He does not.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Didn't Fawful die in BiS?
Probably, but not many Mario RPG villains have been 100% killed. He exploded, but as we all know in Mario continuity...

I'd have to replay the game again but yeah, probably dead. Regardless, Fawful could still have more games if we go with the prelude route, where-as Ghirahim can't unless you say "Make a prequel to the prequel" or something like that.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I would agree.
Roy could be added if Sakurai was running low on newcomer choices but only as a low priority clone.

Bowser Jr. I see has a pretty decent chance. I mean, if it was under semi-clone circumstances, he has a good chance. And if people are advocating for 6 Pokemons, I think it is fair to say that Bowser Jr. still has a chance.

Dixie Kong still has a chance, a high one I might add. It is either K. Rool or Dixie and both of them have chances in being added. I think the reason why people are jumping off the boat with her is because TF's release would have had been the perfect release for her, unless there is a ton TF content.

LOL, it seems that your comment has been cut off.
I think Roy is more likely to return than most people think. Before E3 2013, he was the fifth most wanted character in the West and one of two of the most wanted character in Japan (him and Mewtwo far surpassed any newcomer suggestion, even Mega Man). Also, Roy was planned to be in Brawl and would have made it if it weren't for time constraints. I'm almost confident Roy will be planned and while I don't expect him to be in the final roster, if there's going to be a fourth Fire Emblem character (which I would argue is more likely than just Marth & Chrom), it's going to be Roy.

Pokémon getting six characters this game is irrelevant to a chance of a Mario getting a second new rep; not only because Sakurai doesn't add characters for the sake of fair representation based on sales, but also because Pokémon already had six in Brawl; Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. If Pokémon gets six, it'll be the same as in Brawl.

To be fair, Dixie Kong not appearing in Tropical Freeze doesn't necessarily rule her out. Many people expected a Pokémon to get announced around X & Y release and it didn't happen. Six months later, Greninja got revealed as a playable character. The point is, despite what may seem as a "perfect announcement time" (which let's be honest here, we should not have expected Dixie Kong before Diddy), not being announced around Tropical Freeze's released doesn't reduce her chance. I'd be more worried about whenever or not Sakurai sees Dixie as a playable material on her own.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ninja'd you maybe two,three days ago?

EDIT : Slowly falling back into DK,I kind of want his final smash to change. If Snake doesn't come back,slap his final smash on DK,but replace it with Pineapple Grenades :troll:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Probably, but not many Mario RPG villains have been 100% killed. He exploded, but as we all know in Mario continuity...

I'd have to replay the game again but yeah, probably dead. Regardless, Fawful could still have more games if we go with the prelude route, where-as Ghirahim can't unless you say "Make a prequel to the prequel" or something like that.
For the record, Aonuma himself said that a game from before Skyward sword wouldn't be out of the question. There is a canonical Link to use for a prequel to Skyward sword known as "Hylia's Chosen Hero", who is the very first Link, born thousands of years before the Link of Skyward Sword. He'd likely be the protagonist.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, I know it probably won't happen, but what do you guys think of another Capcom character?
Totally not going to happen. But in the theoretical situation that there were no issues with adding third party characters into the game...

Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton would be amazing.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
For the record, Aonuma himself said that a game from before Skyward sword wouldn't be out of the question. There is a canonical Link to use for a prequel to Skyward sword known as "Hylia's Chosen Hero", who is the very first Link, born thousands of years before the Link of Skyward Sword. He'd likely be the protagonist.
The question is, would Ghirahim fit into that?

Answer that and maybe we have something, but even then I smell another Vaati.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like I said, Ghirahim is basically this meme that hearkens back to the days all two people gave a crap about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai's ego gets big enough for him to add three Kid Icarus reps, it would be Pit, Palutena and Hades.
Hades seems like the ideal villain as he is the main antagonist.
We got the hero, we got the girl, now we need the villain.
Like I said, Ghirahim is basically this meme that hearkens back to the days all two people gave a crap about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Don't tell me about all the Magnus requests at Kid Icarus Uprising's heat.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know the hilarious irony? I'm not even sure that'd balance him.
Okay.

How about every time Meta Knight preforms an attack he trips, and instead of having every attack be a recover move they instead do the complete opposite and he gets flung away from the stage. Like, literally no matter what you do you can't recover.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Totally not going to happen. But in the theoretical situation that there were no issues with adding third party characters into the game...

Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton would be amazing.
I love how you knew exactly what I was going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom