• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just think Mii is... weird. I don't really think it has any place in SSB.
My stance on the matter is that, since the Miis are such icons of Nintendo at this point, they could certainly be called Nintendo All-Star, and as such are deserving of a spot on the roster. However, I do realize that the idea of an avatar system being playable may strike others as odd or unfitting for Smash. There's nothing wrong with disliking the idea.

And you might actually be right. It's possible that Miis don't have a place as playable characters in Smash. That's up to Sakurai, though.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
I would have said the same thing about Wii Fit Trainer.
I'm willing to bet you would have too.
Hm... I guess that's somewhat true. I'll never know for certain, though, unless I get some sort of selective amnesia operation and everyone pretends they haven't been revealed yet.
Although my reaction to Mii being confirmed would be confusion and mild annoyance, while I personally thought the Wii Fit Trainer reveal was hilarious.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I can understand disliking Miis. I'm not a fan myself.

But they are viable candidates for sure. They've become mascots of modern day Nintendo, showing up in the promotional games for new Nintendo systems (Wii Sports, Nintendo Land), being playable in Mario Kart and Pilotwings, and changing the way that we play Nintendo.

Hate them or not, they are quite deserving of a spot.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
I guess G&W, R.O.B., and WFT are all a bit weird, but the former two are really fun to play, and the latter looks fun, too. So, I guess...

Surprise me, Sakurai.

But I don't think he'll be able to change the fact that Mii is the ugliest out of the four.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I can understand disliking Miis. I'm not a fan myself.

But they are viable candidates for sure. They've become mascots of modern day Nintendo, showing up in the promotional games for new Nintendo systems (Wii Sports, Nintendo Land), being playable in Mario Kart and Pilotwings, and changing the way that we play Nintendo.

Hate them or not, they are quite deserving of a spot.
Deserving or not deserving isn't the only question, though. Besides just the Miis themelves, what would they bring to the game that we don't already have? I never LIKED the Miis as choices, but before Villager and Wii-Fit Trainer, I didn't hate them like I do now. I could only ever find justification for whether or not they're deserving for just being the Miis. Everything else, like possible movesets and such was left as a gray area. They don't bring anything new anymore, and that's why I hate them as a choice.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I would have said the same thing about Game & Watch and R.O.B.

I still feel that way.
I was never all that thrilled about R.O.B. I can appreciate Mr. G&W because I've played some of the game&watch games, and he has that awesome turtle that does loads of damage.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
To be honest, at this point the only character I'm really hoping for is King K. Rool. After that confirmation I couldn't care less who gets playable status and who doesn't.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Deserving or not deserving isn't the only question, though. Besides just the Miis themelves, what would they bring to the game that we don't already have? I never LIKED the Miis as choices, but before Villager and Wii-Fit Trainer, I didn't hate them like I do now. I could only ever find justification for whether or not they're deserving for just being the Miis. Everything else, like possible movesets and such was left as a gray area. They don't bring anything new anymore, and that's why I hate them as a choice.
I dunno, thinking about it, they might be able to pull some interesting stuff from Find Mii, Wii Sports, and Nintendoland.

Speaking of Nintendoland, what if (no)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dunno, thinking about it, they might be able to pull some interesting stuff from Find Mii, Wii Sports, and Nintendoland.
Nope, you've piqued my curiosity, Monita for Smash 4.

Sigh, this is your fault, you know...

To be honest, at this point the only character I'm really hoping for is King K. Rool. After that confirmation I couldn't care less who gets playable status and who doesn't.
My opinion, but replaced with Ghirahim.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I know he's deconfirmed for this game, but what about the balance board for a second Wii fit rep down the line?

.... Nope, couldn't keep a straight face.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Please elaborate, in regards to what are we denying fate?
Well pretty much ignoring reality in favor of clinging onto a future that isn't going to happen.

It's the type of mentality that causes disappointment, but that disappointment is a very easy thing to avoid. But as long as humanity is dense, it will never work.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Well pretty much ignoring reality in favor of clinging onto a future that isn't going to happen.

It's the type of mentality that causes disappointment, but that disappointment is a very easy thing to avoid. But as long as humanity is dense, it will never work.
I agree that Sal leak is bull****.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987

So to answer your question, yes, we are still being human.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

It's called speculation. If we say something's inevitable, that's even less fun than being wrong.

Morbi

Scavenger

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I joined here to "ignore reality in favor of clinging onto a future that isn't going to happen." That is what makes speculation so very entertaining. I highly doubt I will be disappointed just because some of my favorite characters are not in the game, it is just that after all, a game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I joined here to "ignore reality in favor of clinging onto a future that isn't going to happen." That is what makes speculation so very entertaining. I highly doubt I will be disappointed just because some of my favorite characters are not in the game, it is just that after all, a game.
Exactly.

If anything, it teaches life lessons.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

If you have a problem with what people think, why are you on this particular thread?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The Sal Leak would be a ton easier to swallow if Chorus Men weren't on it.

You can quote me on that, everyone knows it's true.

And Miis and Pac-Man are to a much lesser extent, since we found them likely beforehand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom