• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As long as we are talking about the Sal leak, I think it's a fake. I don't take leaks into consideration no matter how credible, and I'll believe it when I see it

Morbi

Scavenger
The Sal Leak would be a ton easier to swallow if Chorus Men weren't on it.

You can quote me on that, everyone knows it's true.

And Miis and Pac-Man are to a much lesser extent, since we found them likely beforehand.
Chorus Men aren't the problem in my case; Pac-Man, Mii, AND Chorus Men, in addition to the already confirmed Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, are my problem with the leak. There are just too many odd characters for one roster that already lacks so much. That might just be me though.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Did Pepper Jack even have a source, or are we just believing him because some of them are right?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Do we even know that the second half of that leak was the same person for sure?

I'm sure someone had that checked, right?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Chorus Men aren't the problem in my case; Pac-Man, Mii, AND Chorus Men, in addition to the already confirmed Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, are my problem with the leak. There are just too many odd characters for one roster that already lacks so much. That might just be me though.
The thing is, those characters all represent important Nintendo IPs.
Animal Crossing is huge.
Rhythm Heaven is great if you've ever played it.
Wii Fit and Wii Sports are major successes.
Pac-Man just makes sense.
I would say the only "weird" ones out of these are WFT and Chorus Men. I don't have a problem with anyone on the leak honestly.
As long as I get a few of these: Palutena, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Don't think it's actually a leak.

Wasn't the original post like "my unlikely predictions for E3" or something? That should have tipped people off

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
The Sal Leak would be a ton easier to swallow if Chorus Men weren't on it.

You can quote me on that, everyone knows it's true.

And Miis and Pac-Man are to a much lesser extent, since we found them likely beforehand.
Honestly, I like the idea of the Chorus Men much more than the idea of the Miis. I think I shouldn't need to explain why.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Until I've seen ALL of the characters in the leak, I'm saying it's fake
The current five newcomers in the game.

Need I say more?

This guy either just has the best luck possible,or he's sneaking in and becoming James Bond.

Morbi

Scavenger
The thing is, those characters all represent important Nintendo IPs.
Animal Crossing is huge.
Rhythm Heaven is great if you've ever played it.
Wii Fit and Wii Sports are major successes.
Pac-Man just makes sense.
I would say the only "weird" ones out of these are WFT and Chorus Men. I don't have a problem with anyone on the leak honestly.
As long as I get a few of these: Palutena, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley.
I do agree, but at the same time, what about Donkey Kong? Legend of Zelda? F-Zero? I don't understand why those (Sal) IP aren't important to Nintendo in anything other than Smash. It seems so contradictory. Sakurai is surely aware of the requests. None of those characters are highly requested, it seems like he would be blatantly disregarding fan-favorite characters with move-set potential for characters that no one sees coming. I mean, one or two of those characters in addition to heavy-hitters is negligible. But Chrom, Palutena, and Shulk aren't enough to mitigate the omission of several prominent Nintendo characters.

These characters can be "represented" as anything other than characters, I just don't see all of these assist trophy-esque characters being playable.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
If that leak does turn out real what a sad roster. Odd characters and anime boys with swords galore.

And not even a single villain.....Absolutely atrocious. What are heroes without there villains?

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
If that leak does turn out real what a sad roster. Odd characters and anime boys with swords galore.

And not even a single villain.....Absolutely atrocious. What are heroes without there villains?
If the heroes are fighting each other, then aren't they both the villain?

Morbi

Scavenger

Exactly, my sister's MOST anticipated characters are Chrom and Palutena. These are the only characters she requests. She cares about them so much, they made her fans of their respective series. But she adamantly asserts that even she would be disappointed in the roster if the Sal leak was legitimate.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So basically getting details right isn't enough?
Yeah, basically. We have numerous speculators here on Smashboards who correctly guessed a number of newcomers and other details regarding the game. That doesn't mean they have an inside source. That just means they're either intelligent, lucky, or a combination of the two.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, basically. We have numerous speculators here on Smashboards who correctly guessed a number of newcomers and other details regarding the game. That doesn't mean they have an inside source. That just means they're either intelligent, lucky, or a combination of the two.
Indeed; I successively speculated in favor of Toon Link, solo-Charizard, Rosalina and Phantom as a move. But, as you might have guessed, I do not have an inside source.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Don't think it's actually a leak.

Wasn't the original post like "my unlikely predictions for E3" or something? That should have tipped people off
I've heard Neogaf can ban you for a false leak. Apparently he received some information, put it up as 'predictions' as a precaution, and it came true.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
The only saving grace for IF the Sal leak is true is that fact that it never mentioned Rosalina. As I said IF the leak is true he may not know all the newcomers because if that's it then it is a very disappointing roster.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Plus, for all we know, Sakurai could be manipulating the Sal leak so he can surprise us at E3.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Indeed; I successively speculated in favor of Toon Link, solo-Charizard, Rosalina and Phantom as a move. But, as you might have guessed, I do not have an inside source.
No, you most certainly have an inside source. There was almost no way anyone could have guessed the removal of transformations. You clearly have access to a vast wealth of information regarding this game.

In all seriousness, has it ever occurred to you that had you simply stated your predictions on here once only sometime before they were revealed to be correct, you could have very easily passed for a leaker?

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The only saving grace for IF the Sal leak is true is that fact that it never mentioned Rosalina. As I said IF the leak is true he may not know all the newcomers because if that's it then it is a very disappointing roster.
I have a sinking feeling it may be. Rosalina was already revealed by the time the second one was posted. There would be no point to listing someone who was already confirmed.

To add to this idea, Sakurai said there will be less focus on newcomers this time around. Adding them all up, we have twelve, which seems reasonable.

Last edited:

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Also how vague Greninja was, just as "A Pokémon from X and Y." That seems pretty shady to me.
Plus, for all we know, Sakurai could be manipulating the Sal leak so he can surprise us at E3.
That's deep.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, you most certainly have an inside source. There was almost no way anyone could have guessed the removal of transformations. You clearly have access to a vast wealth of information regarding this game.

In all seriousness, has it ever occurred to you that had you simply stated your predictions on here once only sometime before they were revealed, you could have very easily passed for a leaker?
It has; I used to defend Toon Link with logic, but I did it right around the Wind Waker HD release. So if I had just instead asserted, "hey guys, I actually have insider information, Toon Link is going to be revealed within the month." I could have actually accrued some followers that would defend every single repugnant prediction that I made. That being said, it would be horribly obvious that I was a lying douche because my list would have been Ganon, Hades, Black Shadow, Waluigi, Meowth, Ridley, and King K. Rool.

So if the deconfirmations of Meowth and Waluigi didn't come, people would have seen that I was a villain enthusiast and nothing more.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
My problem with the leak is that if you're skeptical of it, you get talked down to.

The internet is full of liars. Eventually someone is going to come up with a convincing lie, even if it does take a bit of luck to guess all the characters right. It's unlikely that he'd get all that right just by guessing, that's true, but not impossible. If you take a shot in the dark and hit your target, you look like a genius, if you miss, people just call you crazy.

That said, I don't really care if I'm wrong in the end. It's not like I have a lot riding on this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because people "guess" the Wii Fit Trainer being revealed at E3 all the time. Getting Villager and Mega Man on that day too, Mac later on, and Greninja (partially) the day of his reveal were also coincidences, right? :rolleyes:

I get the fact that people want to remain skeptical, honest. It's just there's a fine line between skepticism and ignorance. I'm just urging people to not dismiss something like this for really poor reasons.

Plus, those likely aren't the only newcomers, so I think a lot of people are getting upset over nothing. For example, I'm positive we're getting K. Rool as well, at least, given the hints.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
You know, I think we're ignoring a serious possibility. Maybe the Sal leak IS true, but only to certain extents. Why are we automatically assuming that everyone on Sal's list was tipped by an inside source? Isn't it a possibility that he just added to the list himself?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because people "guess" the Wii Fit Trainer being revealed at E3 all the time. Getting Villager and Mega Man on that day too, Mac later on, and Greninja (partially) the day of his reveal were also coincidences, right? :rolleyes:

I get the fact that people want to remain skeptical, honest. It's just there's a fine line between skepticism and ignorance. I'm just urging people to not dismiss something like this for really poor reasons.

Plus, those likely aren't the only newcomers, so I think a lot of people are getting upset over nothing. For example, I'm positive we're getting K. Rool as well, at least, given the hints.
Exactly. People don't guess Wii Fit Trainer for E3 all the time. It would be an unlikely prediction. Which is exactly what the leaker claimed it to be. I personally do not find it hard to imagine that at least one individual out there came up with the idea of the Wii Fit Trainer as a playable Smash character and thought "yeah, that'd be hilarious," and proceeded to post it as an unlikely prediction. While I don't think anyone in their right mind would predict Wii Fit Trainer, I don't believe it is impossible that someone had the idea.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What are the hints besides the Kritters in Smash Run? Anything that points toward K. Rool is great in my book.

You know, I think we're ignoring a serious possibility. Maybe the Sal leak IS true, but only to certain extents. Why are we automatically assuming that everyone on Sal's list was tipped by an inside source? Isn't it a possibility that he just added to the list himself?
What would he have to gain from doing that? I think it's more plausible that whoever is tipping him off added a few of his own picks, just to mess with people. And I find that unlikely as well.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987

There are a lot of people making speculations. Maybe one of them was lucky.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
What would he have to gain from doing that? I think it's more plausible that whoever is tipping him off added a few of his own picks, just to mess with people. And I find that unlikely as well.
Why do they need to gain anything, and who says they aren't? I know I'd enjoy watching this mayhem if I were in his shoes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What are the hints besides the Kritters in Smash Run? Anything that points toward K. Rool is great in my book.
Honestly, it's more of a theory than proof, but I'll say it anyway, since it builds off the Kritters thing. I just find it suspicious that despite Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong being shown, we've yet to get a new DKC stage, and only just received Jungle Japes as a past stage. It may be a stretch, but I think it may point to Gangplank Galleon being a stage. Just a theory, though. :p

Exactly. People don't guess Wii Fit Trainer for E3 all the time. It would be an unlikely prediction. Which is exactly what the leaker claimed it to be. I personally do not find it hard to imagine that at least one individual out there came up with the idea of the Wii Fit Trainer as a playable Smash character and thought "yeah, that'd be hilarious," and proceeded to post it as an unlikely prediction. While I don't think anyone in their right mind would predict Wii Fit Trainer, I don't believe it is impossible that someone had the idea.
Of course he'd say it was an unlikely prediction. He didn't know the source's validity, so he claimed it was an unlikely prediction to keep his own reputation intact, in case it was wrong. Then the Wii Fit Trainer showed up. It's not JUST guessing the WFT, but getting her in tandem with Villager and Mega Man.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Honestly, it's more of a theory than proof, but I'll say it anyway, since it builds off the Kritters thing. I just find it suspicious that despite Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong being shown, we've yet to get a new DKC stage, and only just received Jungle Japes as a past stage. It may be a stretch, but I think it may point to Gangplank Galleon being a stage. Just a theory, though. :p
We haven't seen a Kirby or Starfox stage yet either. So I'm not convinced. I will say however, that the scenario of not getting a new DK character seems very unlikely.

I'm not sure I want a Gangplank Galleon stage after this whole Ridley fiasco. "An enemy from the Kongs' past may appear at any second" would be soul-destroying.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We haven't seen a Kirby or Starfox stage yet either. So I'm not convinced. I will say however, that the scenario of not getting a new DK character seems very unlikely.

I'm not sure I want a Gangplank Galleon stage after this whole Ridley fiasco. "An enemy from the Kongs' past may appear at any second" would be soul-destroying.
That's the thing, though. Those series have veterans that weren't revealed yet (the StarFox stage could be revealed with Falco or Wolf, and the Kirby stage with Meta Knight). They had the opportunity to show one with Diddy's reveal, but they opted not to.

Admittedly, not the strongest evidence, but I thought it was neat. :p

D

Deleted member

Until someone can get CAW Evolution to legitimately confess he's in on Sal's little scheme and he didn't really get additional verification about Sal's source, I say people are talking out their asses when it comes to discrediting the leak.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Can I dream?
Look at Sceptile. All of these other fighters are looking extremely amped, humble, or serious, but then there's Sceptile. His face literally screams, "You thought I wouldn't be in this game, didn't you squidward?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom