• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
On another note, Charizard looks kind of adorable in that picture.
He just wants to be petted!

Speaking of Charred Lizard, I think it's funny that some people got worked up over the return of rock smash. This Charizard probably has a terrible ev spread, too! Ugh!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He just wants to be petted!

Speaking of Charred Lizard, I think it's funny that some people got worked up over the return of rock smash. This Charizard probably has a terrible ev spread, too! Ugh!
Forget EVs, it probably has terribly inefficient IVs. And with a move set like that, it'll obviously never make it in the competitive scene.

At least it has Flare Blitz. That's one good move for a Mega Charizard X.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was thinking that Rock Smash could be sped up this time, but weakened with an added meteor smash effect.
Brawl's Rock Smash was okay I guess, I just think it could use some changing.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Forget EVs, it probably has terribly inefficient IVs. And with a move set like that, it'll obviously never make it in the competitive scene.

At least it has Flare Blitz. That's one good move for a Mega Charizard X.
Hey, and rock smash is a physical move, so it's taking advantage of the tough claws ability!

I do hope it will have some utility in 1v1 not just FFA. Edit: Flare Blitz that is.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That is the best part about Ridley; I already know that he is playable, but if I am wrong, I am not even mad. Stage-hazard Ridley is more than enough for me, I don't even want him. I just find him incredibly likely.
You know, I was neutral, leaning on negative on Ridley's inclusion before the Pyrosphere pic was put up and Sakurai began teasing Ridley. Then I began supporting him out of Sakurai hyping the everloving hell out of him without showing or addressing him by name.

My support of Ridley is primarily the fact that Sakurai has basically spelled out his playable status, and secondarily the fact that I can now live out my fantasy of being a goddamn Space Dragon that eats people's faces. Everything else, even his importance to Metroid, is just window dressing.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm glad I'm the only one here who wanted Rock Smash back. Can actually be useful if you know when and how to use it. (though it can be annoying as heck when someone spams it)

I'm hoping flamethrower is a bit different from Bowser's fire breath this time.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Shouldn't Charizard get hurt headbutting that rock?

It's a 4x weakness. God, Sakurai.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I would hate to be "that" person, but Rock Smash is a fighting type move! :dazwa:
He's still holding a rock. lol

Also, I propose that we get stealth rock as a move. Whatever way. Set it up on the field so that whenever Charizard comes back from being KO'd, he auto gets 50% damage.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He's still holding a rock. lol

Also, I propose that we get stealth rock as a move. Whatever way. Set it up on the field so that whenever Charizard comes back from being KO'd, he auto gets 50% damage.
Stealth Rock as a move?

In actuality, that could be a rather interesting idea. Having a trap based move like that where you could set up hazards on parts of the stage to damage foes could be something fun to implement. Unfortunately, we lack a Pokemon character who could even use the move.

So, Landorus-T for Smash. Obviously.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why everyone is immediately shooting down any possibility of Issac, no Golden Sun love
I also never suggested that Issac will be playable, I just said that he was not shown among other returning assists, like Saki or Drill Dozer or Lyn or Devil etc.
Ray MK also did not appear.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Stealth Rock as a move?

In actuality, that could be a rather interesting idea. Having a trap based move like that where you could set up hazards on parts of the stage to damage foes could be something fun to implement. Unfortunately, we lack a Pokemon character who could even use the move.

So, Landorus-T for Smash. Obviously.
I'm more keen on Forretress since he can set up all other entry hazards as well. (+Raid Spin to counter other Forretress)

Plus look at this guy

It was a crime he wasn't in Melee. Mewtwo stealing the true GOAT's spot.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Having a trap based move like that where you could set up hazards on parts of the stage to damage foes could be something fun to implement.
Solid Snake

I just said that he was not shown among other returning assists, like Saki or Drill Dozer or Lyn or Devil etc.
Ray MK also did not appear.
Ray and Isaac were unlockable assist trophies. This is likely the case here as well.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I've always wondered....how big is the Japanese community who are as obsessed with Smash roster speculation as we are? Is there a Japanese equivalent of Smashboards?

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Well Sakurai clearly has a plan, and it does not only include the popular choices.
I am not a huge supporter of Issac or Ray, I am just shocked over the insane amount of people that without a second to pass declared Issac and Ray as assist, let's remember that this is Sakurai. That is the sensational, unpredictable, lovable troll. That is why I stray away from "predicting" the final roster when it is basically impossible.

Just a side note, is it just that people started to lose faith in many of their wanted newcomers since most of them were designated to assists?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey but now that I think about it, I think we will see other deconfirmation in the coming weeks because of NOT get people hyped for these characters and save the true hype for E3. The real question is who? Ray? Issac? I don't know about you but if I was a supporter of potential newcomers that are somewhat popular, I would prepare myself to face the worst (at least, dilon got a good at).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey but now that I think about it, I think we will see other deconfirmation in the coming weeks because of NOT get people hyped for these characters and save the true hype for E3. The real question is who? Ray? Issac? I don't know about you but if I was a supporter of potential newcomers that are somewhat popular, I would prepare myself to face the worst (at least, dilon got a good at).
In all honesty, going off of the latest de-confirmations we've seen being two rather recent characters with only one or two games to their series (Dillon and Wonder Red), the first character that comes to my mind to follow suit would be Shulk. Just a feeling I have, that's all.

D

Deleted member

He never leaked Rosalina either. There's more to the roster than what he's revealed.

Also now that we have two release dates. I'm thinkin we're gonna have 3DS DLC and Wii U come with characters already on the disc because of the time gap.
Even if the game goes gold in August, there's still three month left to complete characters for the Wii U version. I have been saying that we could be seeing such a situation happen here and I have a feeling I might be right. That's why I could see characters like Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf/Ike/Jigglypuff (if one of them miss out on the initial 3DS version), Dixie Kong, Roy (IF Ike isn't cut), Bowser Jr., and to a lesser extent, a 3rd gen Pokémon, miss out in the initial roster but end up in the Wii U version from the start and offered as free 3DS DLC from the start (except maybe 3rd Gen Pokémon). If we're really going to push for super optimism, we could see something like fifty characters on the 3DS version initially and then when the Wii U version arrives, both end up with fifty-five characters.
It seems like they're going for a more cartoony approach for this game. I think if they're gonna add Ridley, they need to make him less intimidating to fit in with the atmosphere of it.
Ridley doesn't exactly have the greatest chance of being playable, but they wouldn't need to do this to make Ridley playable. That's like saying Snake would be cut because of the more cartoony atmosphere of this game, it doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Even if the game goes gold in August, there's still three month left to complete characters for the Wii U version. I have been saying that we could be seeing such a situation happen here and I have a feeling I might be right. That's why I could see characters like Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf/Ike/Jigglypuff (if one of them miss out on the initial 3DS version), Dixie Kong, Roy (IF Ike isn't cut), Bowser Jr., and to a lesser extent, a 3rd gen Pokémon, miss out in the initial roster but end up in the Wii U version from the start and offered as free 3DS DLC from the start (except maybe 3rd Gen Pokémon). If we're really going to push for super optimism, we could see something like fifty characters on the 3DS version initially and then when the Wii U version arrives, both end up with fifty-five characters.Ridley doesn't exactly have the greatest chance of being playable, but they wouldn't need to do this to make Ridley playable. That's like saying Snake would be cut because of the more cartoony atmosphere of this game, it doesn't make sense.

this is definitely not going to happen. Sakurai has outright stated both in PotD and in interviews that the lineup between the 3DS and Wii-U versions are going to be the same.

While I think the possibility of DLC is very interesting and I hope Nintendo goes that road, it won't happen like that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In all honesty, going off of the latest de-confirmations we've seen being two rather recent characters with only one or two games to their series (Dillon and Wonder Red), the first character that comes to my mind to follow suit would be Shulk. Just a feeling I have, that's all.
I don't see Shulk being thrown out.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Um... what?
In order for something to be "thrown out," it must first be present within whatever it is being thrown out of. Shulk cannot be "thrown out" of the roster if he was never, at any point, actually on the roster.

Does that make sense?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
In order for something to be "thrown out," it must first be present within whatever it is being thrown out of. Shulk cannot be "thrown out" of the roster if he was never, at any point, actually on the roster.

Does that make sense?
Maybe he was considered, partially made, and then scrapped, like the forbidden whatevers for brawl

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Maybe he was considered, partially made, and then scrapped, like the forbidden whatevers for brawl
That's possible. But what Xenoblaze said was "I don't see Shulk being thrown out." This statement assumes that Shulk is already in the game, despite there being no official word on the matter or definite proof that he is. So while it is possible that Shulk was considered, partially made, and then scrapped, there is no way we could know of such at this point in time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's possible. But what Xenoblaze said was "I don't see Shulk being thrown out." This statement assumes that Shulk is already in the game, despite there being no official word on the matter or definite proof that he is. So while it is possible that Shulk was considered, partially made, and then scrapped, there is no way we could know of such at this point in time.
Well Shulk is going to appear in some capacity regardless, that should be rather obvious.

But considering the Sal leak, yes, I do have confidence in Shulk appearing on the roster.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I love how people are discussing scrapped content before the games have even been released.

----
I think many people are already resigned to the good chance that there won't be any Newcomers besides the ones in the Sal leak, so they're already looking ahead to possible DLC as a way to save their favorites' chances.

D

Deleted member

this is definitely not going to happen. Sakurai has outright stated both in PotD and in interviews that the lineup between the 3DS and Wii-U versions are going to be the same.

While I think the possibility of DLC is very interesting and I hope Nintendo goes that road, it won't happen like that.
Let's say that Sakurai plans to have fifty-four characters in the game and these are the characters:

assume that Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are in Pokémon Trainer now; separating them for convenience sake. also Marshal is Chorus Men.

Once these are decided, Sakurai proceeds with development. Everything is going along okay for the earliest parts, until Sakurai finds serious problems with making the character work with the technical limits surrounding the 3DS version. Eventually, he finds a way around with characters like Olimar and Ice Climbers, but the Pokémon Trainer is not so lucky. Because of how much criticism the Pokémon Trainer received in Brawl for being relatively poorly executed in comparison to the rest of the cast, the Pokémon Trainer is tossed away. Only Charizard survives the transition; Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut due to technical problems surrounding the Pokémon Trainer and it wasn't worth the time fixing them to get them on the initial roster.

Developments then continues with fifty-two characters; without Squirtle or Ivysaur. Unfortunately, however, the reality of time constraints hits. Despite Sakurai's best effort, he will not be able to keep everyone else on the roster. While mostly everyone on the roster are a high priority character, there are four that are not; Bowser Jr., Wolf, Ike, and Jigglypuff. They are characters that are expendable to Sakurai, but could still make it if Sakurai makes time for them. Knowing how much people loathe veteran cuts, Bowser Jr. is axed due to time constraints.

But late in development, one more cut must be made to meet the deadline. This time, he can't cut anymore newcomers; Pac-Man, Mii, Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, and King K. Rool are all high priority newcomers that have to be in the game. He is forced to cut another veteran, a decision Sakurai wished never had to be made. It is a very difficult decision between cutting Wolf, Ike, and Jigglypuff. All of these characters were worthy additions in Brawl and Sakurai clearly felt they should all return, but they can't. Sakurai realizes that he will not be able to finish both Wolf and Ike due to it being so close to when the roster must be finalized, so he first picks Jigglypuff. Afterwards, Sakurai and his team debates intensely between which one of the two characters to cut. When the time finally came, they eventually went with Wolf. Sakurai is then force to axe Ike only a few months before development is finished...

A week before Nintendo's E3 2014, Sal Romano's tipper gives Sal the rest of the roster. Unlike previous leaks, this came from very late in development:

This leak revealed just two more newcomers; King K. Rool and Mach Rider. But an even more important development came; Sal had the final veteran roster. It had everyone on it but Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ike and it included Mewtwo. Despite the addition of Mewtwo and King K. Rool, people denied Sal Romano's roster even more than ever. There was no Ridley, no Isaac, no Snake, and no Ike. Most of the community swore up and down that Sal Romano was a fake because these characters weren't in it. How could he not include Ridley; a character he seemingly hyped up? Where was Isaac, despite being a highly wanted character like Little Mac? Why would Sakurai and Kojima not bring back Snake? And how dare Ike was cut for Chrom; that goes against Sakurai's philosophy on uniqueness! There was booing, hissing, moaning, complaining directly to Sal/Sakurai and even sending them death threats because they refused to add their favorite character.

Then came E3 2014. It was a magnificent showing for Nintendo. Characters such as Wario and Ganondorf are seen receiving considerable changes with Wolf finally taking up an entirely unique move set (inspired by Snake's move set since he was long gone). Characters such as Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool also generated a massive amount of hype while Mach Rider surprised mostly everyone who didn't know of the leak/didn't believe it. The roster hit a magic number of fifty, the roster number Sakurai seemed to talk about all the time. Everyone is screaming with excitement and declares Smash 3DS & Wii U to be the best title of the year, if not the generation. Massive hype surrounds the game and it seems as Nintendo was beginning to climb back to the top again.

The next day, reality hit. While people were playing in the demos of their favorite character in Best Buy, a group of four people decided to do a match between Luigi, Mega Man, Palutena, and Ice Climbers. Accidentally, they choose Pyrosphere. While fighting in the stage, they then saw something that horrified them; Ridley was a stage hazard. A massive uproar then started and everyone then demanded to know the fate of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and Ike. When asked by an interviewer what happened, Sakurai stated that they were cut and that the characters revealed at E3 2014 were all the characters in the game. Suddenly, the Nintendo fan base went into a rage. People threaten to not only buy the game, but also sell their Wii U because they felt betrayed by Sakurai. It was PR disaster for Nintendo as suddenly, everyone forgot how amazing yesterday was for Nintendo. Knowing how badly this would reflect on Nintendo, they would be forced to announced something they intended to keep hidden until after release...

Sakurai had realize that he said that universal roster was going to happen, no ifs, ands, or buts. Yet eventually, when he was cutting Ike, he then found out a way to return not only Ike, but also Squirtle, Ivysaur, and add back Bowser Jr. to the roster. Sakurai then proposed a plan to the group; finish up development on Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, and Bowser Jr. and have them ready for the initial roster on the Wii U Day 1 and at the same time, add them as free DLC on the same day. It would keep the concept of universal roster consist while still adding all the planned characters Sakurai wanted to add in the game. The plan was approved by Namco Bandai and Nintendo and as a result, they proceeded.

At the end of E3, Sakurai announced that DLC characters were going to happen and that additional characters would be on the Wii U version and at the same time, made free DLC. Despite criticism that Sakurai was selling out to the bad trends of the modern game industry, it turns out that all they had to do was to wait until the Wii U version was released. Between the release of the 3DS & Wii U version, Sakurai confirmed Ike, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Bowser Jr. to be in the Wii U version as well as DLC at the same day. When asked, Sakurai explained that additional development time between the 3DS & Wii U version allowed them to include the remaining planned characters in the game, thus keeping the concept of universal roster consistent. The planned roster that Sakurai wanted for once, came true.
Got carried away with the story, so you don't have to read it. But yes, the way Shorts described it can definitely happen.

Let's say that they they end up having to cut a few characters (newcomers and veterans included) on the 3DS version due to technical problems or time constraints. However, because of the additional amount of time between the 3DS & Wii U version, Sakurai is able to finish up on the cut characters and include said cut characters on the Wii U version from the start while at the same time, offering them as free DLC on the 3DS version. This way, Sakurai would remain consistent with the concept of universal roster while still being able to have more characters on both versions at the end of the day. I'm not saying we'll get 5+ more characters once the Wii U is released, but two or three characters is definitely not as unlikely as people think.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Let's say that Sakurai plans to have fifty-four characters in the game and these are the characters:

assume that Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are in Pokémon Trainer now; separating them for convenience sake. also Marshal is Chorus Men.

Once these are decided, Sakurai proceeds with development. Everything is going along okay for the earliest parts, until Sakurai finds serious problems with making the character work with the technical limits surrounding the 3DS version. Eventually, he finds a way around with characters like Olimar and Ice Climbers, but the Pokémon Trainer is not so lucky. Because of how much criticism the Pokémon Trainer received in Brawl for being relatively poorly executed in comparison to the rest of the cast, the Pokémon Trainer is tossed away. Only Charizard survives the transition; Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut due to technical problems surrounding the Pokémon Trainer and it wasn't worth the time fixing them to get them on the initial roster.

Developments then continues with fifty-two characters; without Squirtle or Ivysaur. Unfortunately, however, the reality of time constraints hits. Despite Sakurai's best effort, he will not be able to keep everyone else on the roster. While mostly everyone on the roster are a high priority character, there are four that are not; Bowser Jr., Wolf, Ike, and Jigglypuff. They are characters that are expendable to Sakurai, but could still make it if Sakurai makes time for them. Knowing how much people loathe veteran cuts, Bowser Jr. is axed due to time constraints.

But late in development, one more cut must be made to meet the deadline. This time, he can't cut anymore newcomers; Pac-Man, Mii, Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, and King K. Rool are all high priority newcomers that have to be in the game. He is forced to cut another veteran, a decision Sakurai wished never had to be made. It is a very difficult decision between cutting Wolf, Ike, and Jigglypuff. All of these characters were worthy additions in Brawl and Sakurai clearly felt they should all return, but they can't. Sakurai realizes that he will not be able to finish both Wolf and Ike due to it being so close to when the roster must be finalized, so he first picks Jigglypuff. Afterwards, Sakurai and his team debates intensely between which one of the two characters to cut. When the time finally came, they eventually went with Wolf. Sakurai is then force to axe Ike only a few months before development is finished...

A week before Nintendo's E3 2014, Sal Romano's tipper gives Sal the rest of the roster. Unlike previous leaks, this came from very late in development:

This leak revealed just two more newcomers; King K. Rool and Mach Rider. But an even more important development came; Sal had the final veteran roster. It had everyone on it but Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ike and it included Mewtwo. Despite the addition of Mewtwo and King K. Rool, people denied Sal Romano's roster even more than ever. There was no Ridley, no Isaac, no Snake, and no Ike. Most of the community swore up and down that Sal Romano was a fake because these characters weren't in it. How could he not include Ridley; a character he seemingly hyped up? Where was Isaac, despite being a highly wanted character like Little Mac? Why would Sakurai and Kojima not bring back Snake? And how dare Ike was cut for Chrom; that goes against Sakurai's philosophy on uniqueness! There was booing, hissing, moaning, complaining directly to Sal/Sakurai and even sending them death threats because they refused to add their favorite character.

Then came E3 2014. It was a magnificent showing for Nintendo. Characters such as Wario and Ganondorf are seen receiving considerable changes with Wolf finally taking up an entirely unique move set (inspired by Snake's move set since he was long gone). Characters such as Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool also generated a massive amount of hype while Mach Rider surprised mostly everyone who didn't know of the leak/didn't believe it. The roster hit a magic number of fifty, the roster number Sakurai seemed to talk about all the time. Everyone is screaming with excitement and declares Smash 3DS & Wii U to be the best title of the year, if not the generation. Massive hype surrounds the game and it seems as Nintendo was beginning to climb back to the top again.

The next day, reality hit. While people were playing in the demos of their favorite character in Best Buy, a group of four people decided to do a match between Luigi, Mega Man, Palutena, and Ice Climbers. Accidentally, they choose Pyrosphere. While fighting in the stage, they then saw something that horrified them; Ridley was a stage hazard. A massive uproar then started and everyone then demanded to know the fate of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and Ike. When asked by an interviewer what happened, Sakurai stated that they were cut and that the characters revealed at E3 2014 were all the characters in the game. Suddenly, the Nintendo fan base went into a rage. People threaten to not only buy the game, but also sell their Wii U because they felt betrayed by Sakurai. It was PR disaster for Nintendo as suddenly, everyone forgot how amazing yesterday was for Nintendo. Knowing how badly this would reflect on Nintendo, they would be forced to announced something they intended to keep hidden until after release...

Sakurai had realize that he said that universal roster was going to happen, no ifs, ands, or buts. Yet eventually, when he was cutting Ike, he then found out a way to return not only Ike, but also Squirtle, Ivysaur, and add back Bowser Jr. to the roster. Sakurai then proposed a plan to the group; finish up development on Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, and Bowser Jr. and have them ready for the initial roster on the Wii U Day 1 and at the same time, add them as free DLC on the same day. It would keep the concept of universal roster consist while still adding all the planned characters Sakurai wanted to add in the game. The plan was approved by Namco Bandai and Nintendo and as a result, they proceeded.

At the end of E3, Sakurai announced that DLC characters were going to happen and that additional characters would be on the Wii U version and at the same time, made free DLC. Despite criticism that Sakurai was selling out to the bad trends of the modern game industry, it turns out that all they had to do was to wait until the Wii U version was released. Between the release of the 3DS & Wii U version, Sakurai confirmed Ike, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Bowser Jr. to be in the Wii U version as well as DLC at the same day. When asked, Sakurai explained that additional development time between the 3DS & Wii U version allowed them to include the remaining planned characters in the game, thus keeping the concept of universal roster consistent. The planned roster that Sakurai wanted for once, came true.
Got carried away with the story, so you don't have to read it. But yes, the way Shorts described it can definitely happen.

Let's say that they they end up having to cut a few characters (newcomers and veterans included) on the 3DS version due to technical problems or time constraints. However, because of the additional amount of time between the 3DS & Wii U version, Sakurai is able to finish up on the cut characters and include said cut characters on the Wii U version from the start while at the same time, offering them as free DLC on the 3DS version. This way, Sakurai would remain consistent with the concept of universal roster while still being able to have more characters on both versions at the end of the day. I'm not saying we'll get 5+ more characters once the Wii U is released, but two or three characters is definitely not as unlikely as people think.
Oh wow, I haven't even thought about that scenario before.

But yeah, with the 3DS --> Wii U version release gap, you just gotta wonder what would they be doing during the time frame. Finishing touch ups and content for the Wii U version? But what about after that? Twiddling their thumbs until the release date?

There's a good opportunity to add in a few cut characters for the Wii U, and make them DLC for the 3DS, ultimately making both rosters the same. An opportunity like this shouldn't be missed... I'm hoping for the best at least as anything could happen.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, I haven't even thought about that scenario before.

But yeah, with the 3DS --> Wii U version release gap, you just gotta wonder what would they be doing during the time frame. Finishing touch ups and content for the Wii U version? But what about after that? Twiddling their thumbs until the release date?

There's a good opportunity to add in a few cut characters for the Wii U, and make them DLC for the 3DS, ultimately making both rosters the same. An opportunity like this shouldn't be missed... I'm hoping for the best at least as anything could happen.
Consider how much Sakurai has been stressing about roster decision making as well as his different attitude towards cuts this time (he didn't even technically confirm cuts for the Brawl roster back then), doing such a thing would relieve a little stress out of him and allow him time to complete said cut characters. It'd allow him to eventually bring these cut Brawl veterans back on both the 3DS & the Wii U version and remain consistent with universal roster. It's a win-win situation for virtually everyone (because if you can afford a 3DS or/(ESPECIALLY)and a Wii U, I'll be very, very surprised if you can't afford the Internet as well). If my hypothetical scenario happened as my story described, the only permanent cut would be Snake. Sakurai may not always make the best decision in regards to characters (Ridley...), but if there is one thing I do trust him with, it's to keep his words to not needlessly cut characters.

btw, the people who came up with this concept was Johnknight1. You can go thank him for suggesting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom