• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But adding Louie and Bulborbs to the roster, an idea you just came up with and nobody else ever has?
That's why I don't consider it exceedingly unlikely. You have to have sort of a faith that Sakurai would come to the same idea. Which is why I was hesitant in adding him to an actual official roster.

Oh ****,you put in Krystal?

RUN!

RUN WHILE SATURN TYPES IN AN ARGUMENT!!
CRAP! I had the most hilarious gif of a deer pulling off his hooves like gloves revealing fingers ready to type something mischievous. I think it's from Adventure Time. Thanks a lot for the no spam policy, moderators!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
With Funky's "YO YO YO!!!!" He should be WAY more requested than K. Rool. I'd spam the **** out of what ever move makes him say that. (probably the surf board) Just like I did with Wolf's upward smash attack where he goes. "HA-WOOO-AH!!!" :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Funky makes Mario Kart Wii noises then I won't be as disappointed as I thought.
Although I have confidence that even though Sakurai loves thinking outside the box, he'll still add fan favorites like K. Rool and Mewtwo and not skip out on them for the sake of surprising everyone.
Because I like it now, but if these "surprises" keep happening I may get pissed.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Please just let it go!
Cliff,I do not believe that is possible.
You know me. I use one's strategy and make it their weakness,like you and my idea of Sonic fanfics.

Also,I hate Disney Songs,and Frozen.

With Funky's "NYA NYA NYA!!!!" He should be WAY more requested than K. Rool. I'd spam the **** out of what ever move makes him say that. (probably the surf board) Just like I did with Wolf's upward smash attack where he goes. "HA-WOOO-AH!!!" :troll:
Oh,so now it's the new Kirby taunt? (HI.)

D

Deleted member

I never said that...
...Sakurai? Is that you?
Yes it was me all along, I got a Smashboards account!! If you beg for Ridley hard enough, I will play nice & give you him...:troll:

Now if you excuse me, I have to prepare a batch of Rosalina screenshots.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
If Funky makes Mario Kart Wii noises then I won't be as disappointed as I thought.
Although I have confidence that even though Sakurai loves thinking outside the box, he'll still add fan favorites like K. Rool and Mewtwo and not skip out on them for the sake of surprising everyone.
Because I like it now, but if these "surprises" keep happening I may get pissed.
Personally, I love the surprises.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Cliff,I do not believe that is possible.
You know me. I use one's strategy and make it their weakness,like you and my idea of Sonic fanfics.

Also,I hate Disney Songs,and Frozen.
Ok, Disney Songs, FROZEN? This is getting way outta hand!! I've never done those things here, and what in the world made you say Sonic Fanfics?

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Everybody asking, "who is Nightmare?" you make me feel old..

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Personally, I love the surprises.
I said I love the suprises.
But if they start to get in the way of my precious Palutena, Mewtwo, and K. Rool, THEN I don't like the surprises too much anymore.
And don't take this the wrong way: I love Greninja and personally don't think he hurts Mewtwo's chances.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok, Disney Songs, FROZEN? This is getting way outta hand!! I've never done those things here, and what in the world made you say Sonic Fanfics?
You don't remember?

Good.
Good.
Really appreciate it.

Also,the Disney thing was a magical thing called a "pun" because "Let it Go" is a Disney song from FROZEN.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm just worried because the trailer was the perfect opportunity to show Mewtwo considering he's a veteran that wasn't in the last one. But, instead we got Charizard.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You don't remember?

Good.
Good.
Really appreciate it.

Also,the Disney thing was a magical thing called a "pun" because "Let it Go" is a Disney song from FROZEN.
That wasn't a Frozen reference. I'm not a moderator, but the way you reacted when that guy had Krystal I his roster was kinda mean.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think tails flap. I may be wrong, but check again. Because I've checked several times.
I agree, tails don't flap. But I do think they dangle around when something is flying around. That "wing" also happens to be the exact size and shape of Other M Ridley's tail.

Perhaps you should take another look at it, along with Other M Ridley's design, and see if you can spot the similarities.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it me,or are the pokemon getting more often with charged specials?

Pikachu's Side B
Lucario's Neutral B
Greninja's (most likely) Neutral B
(Jigglypuff's Neutral B
Mewtwo's Neutral B)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That wasn't a Frozen reference. I'm not a moderator, but the way you reacted when that guy had Krystal I his roster was kinda mean.
Well,I personally know what can tick - off a person. And I knew what I did didn't MAJORLY upset Saturn. In honesty,it seemed he didn't care. Now,I'm not a moderator,but we're getting off-track.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I said I love the suprises.
But if they start to get in the way of my precious Palutena, Mewtwo, and K. Rool, THEN I don't like the surprises too much anymore.
And don't take this the wrong way: I love Greninja and personally don't think he hurts Mewtwo's chances.
I still love them even though I got no Waluigi, but that's just me.
Is it me,or are the pokemon getting more often with charged specials?

Pikachu's Side B
Lucario's Neutral B
Greninja's (most likely) Neutral B
(Jigglypuff's Neutral B
Mewtwo's Neutral B)
Don't forget Squirtle's Neutral B.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm just worried because the trailer was the perfect opportunity to show Mewtwo considering he's a veteran that wasn't in the last one. But, instead we got Charizard.
Well Sakurai is a troll, plain and simple.
Also, Charizard was pretty much perfect for this trailer since Sakurai confirmed that transformation characters would not be returning, leaving everyone to consider Pokemon Trainer's fate, only to learn that Charizard is playable again.
Plus, if Mewtwo is revealed before launch he deserves his own freaking trailer.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Yes, this is all part of a grand conspiracy.

So, he's a Soul Calibur character? Any reason in particular for him to be on the roster?
I've seen a spark of interest towards Nightmare mostly because of how bizarre the new Final Destination looks like:

It looks like Namco had an Influence towards the design. The blue vs red going on, as well as the the rock like crystals on the left side and dark/edgy style on the right with veins on it resemble a bit of the Soul Calibur and Soul Edge swords:

This could all just be a coincidence, and that the red and blue are just colors based on the 3ds and Wii U versions of the Smash logos. But the stage's design is rather distinct, apocalyptic and badass looking like the boss levels in Soul Calibur games. But like I said it could be a coincidence.

Last edited:

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I've heard about DLC being talked about occasionally on here. It's talked about quite a bit. I'm really hoping for DLC, I don't think that it's likely, more of something I'm just hoping for. Hey, if we got DLC that means there's a few more characters that we can get. As Eggman says, "The more the merrier."

(Also, on a side note: Enough with talking about Frozen, just let it go. :troll:)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think he is.
"Hm? What happened to Zero Suit Samus, you say? Well, unfortunately, she's not going to participate in this iteration of Smash Bros."

"Nah, I'm only kidding."

I don't know about you, but saying a character won't be in the game, even if proven wrong immediately afterwards, is kind of a troll move in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I've seen a spark of interest towards Nightmare mostly because of how bizarre the new Final Destination looks like:

It looks like Namco had an Influence towards the design. The blue vs red going on, as well as the the rock like crystals on the left side and dark/edgy style on the right with veins on it resemble a bit of the Soul Calibur and Soul Edge swords:

This could all just be a coincidence, and that the red and blue are just colors based on the 3ds and Wii U versions of the Smash logos. But the stage's design is rather distinct, apocalyptic and badass looking like the boss levels in Soul Calibur games. But like I said it could be a cooncidence.
Those pics remind me of xenoblade, personally.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unlockable seems more surprising if you asked me. Sure, Palutena's Temple may be Palutena's home stage, but as Brawl did show, the stage owner isn't always treated as a starter if his/her home stage is available right off the bat; Ex.: Port Town Aero Dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom