• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think about Kos-Mos being in the game?

In my opinion she has a high chance.
She has been in Nintendo console and handheld games.

Also Sakurai tries to surprise us a lot ---- proof is greninja trailer.
So everyone is expecting shulk but it then it could end up being Kos-mos.

Kos-mos is part of Namco.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Giga Bowser wasn't a boss in the game he's playable and Metal Mario is a different form of Mario.
Giga Bowser was a boss, or the closest thing we got to a boss in MELEE, the game I was referring to.

And yes, Metal Mario is a different form of Mario, like how Other M Ridley is a different form of Ridley. You have just reiterated my point.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Nintendo would want to promote their own IPs by making Shulk playable instead of some obscure Namco RPG character like KOS-MOS.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Even if you don't count the leaks, Mii's have a really good shot of getting in.

They are the most prominent new characters that have risen out of the Wii characters; joining the ranks of Mario, Pikachu and Link. If we're going to talk "deserving" Mii's are easily the way to go in this regard. There's really no reason why the Mii's should be excluded at this point, outside of some noisy haters who think that their inclusion would ruin the game.
Yes, I would normally agree with that. As a Mii supporter, I believe they are deserving of a spot on the roster and can very easily be considered Nintendo All-Stars. However, I am of the opinion that the Direct hurt their chances, perhaps more than most people think. I've ranted about this elsewhere, but what really strikes me as odd is the icon of the Find Mii stage. It's a crown. It's an icon that is very distinctly tied to Find Mii, and only Find Mii. Yet, if Miis are, in fact, playable, why would they not share an icon with the stage? Shouldn't it be an ideal home stage for them? And if so, why does the stage not have an icon more suitable for the Miis to use, like the simple word Mii? It doesn't really add up, I think. I know it's a small detail, but it's a detail that I think is actually quite revealing.

thesandman

Smash Cadet
I think Nintendo would want to promote their own IPs by making Shulk playable instead of some obscure Namco RPG character like KOS-MOS.
in your new comer thing, you do know starfy has already been confirmed as an assist trophy?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I definitely think that we'll get veterans in May, maybe even one by the end of April.
Whenever we get a Direct, I expect Smash Bros news. So if there's a Direct in May, chances are we'll get a newcomer.
But there probably isn't going to be one.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

If we do get a namco rep, I think PAC-man is far more likely. He has had a longer history with Nintendo and is far more iconic. None of the third party reps we have seen so far have been unknown in any way. Also, never guess characters based on surprise value. You will be left disappointed... Yet kos-mos would be cool to see in.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
E3.
After that bad direct, even one character in May is unlikely as heck.
4 vets and a newcomer
Tons of gameplay info
Customizable movesets
Great online play

"Bad Direct"

Looks like someone's sad that they didn't get the newcomer they wanted...

I thought you were "leaving the boards" by the way.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
If Mr. Sakurai really wanted to mess with us, he'd give us an obscure Namco rep. Dig-Dug anyone?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
If we do get a namco rep, I think PAC-man is far more likely. He has had a longer history with Nintendo and is far more iconic. None of the third party reps we have seen so far have been unknown in any way. Also, never guess characters based on surprise value. You will be left disappointed... Yet kos-mos would be cool to see in.
Well know one predicted specifically Greninja or Wii fit trainer whatsoever. So that's what I was basing off and that's how Sakurai is filled with suprisese.

At the same time you have a valid point. lol

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ MAGMIS MAGMIS
I don't think that 3rd Party characters is really an area to surprise fans in.
3rd Parties are certainly special cases, so characters like Pac-Man are expected because they are one of the few that actually fit this criteria.
KOS-MOS doesn't, although she's cool.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure they won't reveal all the playable characters within the next few months before the 3DS version comes out as some of these may remain as secret hidden characters.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
@ MAGMIS MAGMIS
I don't think that 3rd Party characters is really an area to surprise fans in.
3rd Parties are certainly special cases, so characters like Pac-Man are expected because they are one of the few that actually fit this criteria.
KOS-MOS doesn't, although she's cool.
I'm not saying its to represent Namco only though. Its to represent Namco and Nintendo at the same time.
Xenosaga/Xenoblade/ X from Monolith Soft. In an interview Sakurai did mention that how could he possibly add pacman and what would his final smash/ moves be.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

I think there is ZERO chance kos-mos will be in the game, and that is one of the few deconfirms, I will say say with certainty, and no evidence.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
4 vets and a newcomer
Tons of gameplay info
Customizable movesets
Great online play

"Bad Direct"

Looks like someone's sad that they didn't get the newcomer they wanted...

I thought you were "leaving the boards" by the way.
Which is why I'm sort of annoyed people only care about newcomers and ignore everything else.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I think there is ZERO chance kos-mos will be in the game, and that is one of the few deconfirms, I will say say with certainty, and no evidence.
because I can't think of pacman being in the game whatsoever. I can see him being in there but what moves???????????

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Which is why I'm sort of annoyed people only care about newcomers and ignore everything else.
Nobody take this the wrong way, but..
Those are typically the casual players. They're involved in Smash speculation solely for the characters.
I used to be in that boat, but after playing more and more Smash I've become a hardcore fan eager to learn about every aspect if the game.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
because I can't think of pacman being in the game whatsoever. I can see him being in there but what moves???????????
Well we could have said the same thing about Captain Falcon.
Or ROB.
Or Ice Climbers.
Pac-Man has as much to go off of as Sonic, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom