• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
What about Anthony Higgs?
- Represents Metroid Other M
- The stage they added also is where this character fell into the lava (not really) to save samus against ridley.
- Seems like a snake replacement and I'm pretty sure they can't add snake cuz maybe there adding pac-man.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- The stage they added also is where this character fell into the lava (not really) to save samus against ridley.
- Seems like a snake replacement and I'm pretty sure they can't add snake cuz maybe there adding pac-man.
Anthony Higgs? I don't remember him.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, do u remember anything from the game Metroid Other M meaning u haven't played that game.
because his representing everything from the game Metroid Other M such as Samus suit.
Also the stage as well.
That's a large image. I would suggest putting it in a
spoiler tag

Also, I was joking.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
"Ridley can't be a boss and a playable character, it wouldn't make sense, what if Ridley was fighting Ridley?"
Well you know, Samus and Zero Suit Samus are now separate, and they're the same character in different states of dress...
Or Dr. Mario and Mario in Melee for that matter. Plus you could play as Bowser in Melee... And Bowser was a boss in Melee, ala Giga Bowser, what kind of sense does it make for Bowser to be fighting Bowser, right? When people think of Boss characters, they think of Master Hand, but remember they have playable styled boss characters, again, Giga Bowser. He has the same moveset as Bowser but is just enhanced, tell me again why Ridley is some kind of exception?
Yeah, a character can't be playable and a stage element at same time!:troll:

Does it helps?

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
did sakurai not mention "Other Stages will have Bosses as well" when he showed Ridley's shadow?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
If Ridley was playable, then Alfonso will just have to be the Pyrosphere hazard :troll:

D

Deleted member

So we can agree Ridley fans in denial is the new Fire Emblem discussion?
Except likely worse. I am staying clear of the non-confirmed characters thread for at least a week after Ridley is officially disconfirmed.
You know, some people legitimately believe he still has a chance, rather than everyone being in denial.

Especially for the people who aren't even Ridley fans and are just debating for the sport, like myself.
It's not that Ridley is disconfirmed; it's that with the evidence we have, things are clearly pointing against a playable Ridley. I'm not saying he's impossible, but supporters have to accept the reality that Ridley is most likely not getting in as playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not that Ridley is disconfirmed; it's that with the evidence we have, things are clearly pointing against a playable Ridley. I'm not saying he's impossible, but supporters have to accept the reality that Ridley is most likely not getting in as playable.
Um...I know that, that wasn't the point. The point is, Xenoblaze has been saying anyone who supported Ridley is "in denial" and frankly it gets old.

D

Deleted member

Um...I know that, that wasn't the point. The point is, Xenoblaze has been saying anyone who supported Ridley is "in denial" and frankly it gets old.
Xenoblaze isn't saying that people supporting Ridley are in denial as he is one himself.

He's saying that people think Ridley is still more likely than not to be playable or *gasp* even confirmed to show up as playable are in denial. Those are the people that are setting themselves up for more disappointments than they should be at this point. No one should be expecting playable Ridley at this point and I can't really blame people who say he's all but disconfirmed at this point.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Xenoblaze isn't saying that people supporting Ridley are in denial as he is one himself.

He's saying that people think Ridley is still more likely than not to be playable or *gasp* even confirmed to show up as playable are in denial. Those are the people that are setting themselves up for more disappointments than they should be at this point. No one should be expecting playable Ridley at this point and I can't really blame people who say he's all but disconfirmed at this point.
"So we can agree Ridley fans in denial is the new Fire Emblem discussion?"

That's exactly what he said, and I've heard similar before.

It's not worth arguing over.

D

Deleted member

That's exactly what he said, and I've heard similar before.

It's not worth arguing over.
Xenoblaze isn't implying that Ridley fans are the new Fire Emblem discussion, he's implying that Ridley fans that are in denial is the new Fire Emblem discussion. Those are not the same thing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Maybe I should of worded it better.

"So we can agree Ridley fans in denial is the new Toad fans in denial?"

But still, my point is that we're entering a repetitive topic that has a pretty clear cut answer and yet we still need to put the audacity into defying what is obviously presented in front of us.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Soooooo to try to change the subject, I'm the only one who find a little ironic that the right side of Final Destination, where Master Hand would fight, is the part who's destroyed when the left side where Crazy Hand would fight seem to be in good shape, shouldn't this be the opposite ?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yes, let's have an unimportant side character(in the grand scheme of the series) who has only appeared in one game in the franchise whose popularity mostly stems from a meme. Might as well add Owain while we're at it.
As if getting Samus' design and a stage wasn't enough representation.
Irrelevant. Pyrosphere is more associated with Ridley than anyone else, so that's not really a point in his favour.
Who says Pac-man and Snake are mutually exclusive?

At this point, the only plausible Metroid newcomer is Ridley, and all signs point against him. The only other character who might be worth considering is Dark Samus, and yet she's an Assist Trophy.

So...

Who wants to talk about Miis?
I can't wait to finally have Billy Mays fight Bob Ross in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You mean, exactly what he said?
Again, these are not the same thing. Xenoblaze said this:

The part about "Ridley fans in denial" specify people who are in denial about Ridley's little to no chance of getting in at this point. Not every Ridley fans believe that Ridley is still a likely candidate after the Smash Direct and Xenoblaze was not referring to these people. Now if he had said this:

"So we can agree Ridley fans are the new Fire Emblem discussion?"

Then he would be generalizing. But I've said enough on this.
So...

Who wants to talk about Miis?
Can't wait for their likely E3 reveal. I really want to see what Sakurai does with them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Soooooo to try to change the subject, I'm the only one who find a little ironic that the right side of Final Destination, where Master Hand would fight, is the part who's destroyed when the left side where Crazy Hand would fight seem to be in good shape, shouldn't this be the opposite ?
It's an obvious allusion to Soul Calibur and Soul Edge.

The game's development is partially handled by the series's creators, after all.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Yes, let's have an unimportant side character(in the grand scheme of the series) who has only appeared in one game in the franchise whose popularity mostly stems from a meme. Might as well add Owain while we're at it.

As if getting Samus' design and a stage wasn't enough representation.

Irrelevant. Pyrosphere is more associated with Ridley than anyone else, so that's not really a point in his favour.

Who says Pac-man and Snake are mutually exclusive?

At this point, the only plausible Metroid newcomer is Ridley, and all signs point against him. The only other character who might be worth considering is Dark Samus, and yet she's an Assist Trophy.

I can't wait to finally have Billy Mays fight Bob Ross in Super Smash Bros.

ok, ok, im convinced with all of your points guys.

NOOOOO ANTHONY HIGGS!!!!

u've all proven that point. 1 down

a zillion more Nintendo characters to go. :p jk

Nintendo seems to be focusing on bringing Takamaru's Ninja Castle back into the spotlight. What with Nintendo Land featuring a mini-game for it and Smash Bros. Brawl included music from it. Brawl brought Pit back from oblivion and I don't think it'd be to surprising to see Takamaru make an appearance.

I've always wanted Banjo and Kazooie but maybe that's stretching it a little too far.

I'm TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THAT ONE.

Here is my prediction for next newcomers and returning characters.

1. Captain Falcon
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wario
4. Ness

5. Shulk
6. Palutena
7. Chrom
8. Pac-man
9. Chorus Kids
10 . Mii
11. Takamaru
12 . New Ganondorf

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping to talk more about their chances, actually.
Well based on the same leaker that mentioned WFT, megaman, Villager, little mac. Then mentions about Mii which could be true and maybe the Mii will be shown on the day of Tomodachi life on 3ds being released.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well based on the same leaker that mentioned WFT, megaman, Villager, little mac. Then mentions about Mii which could be true and maybe the Mii will be shown on the day of Tomodachi life on 3ds being released.
Ideally, I'd like to talk about their chances outside of any supposed leak.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No not really they aren't even the same person.
If TWW Toon Link is a different person from ST Toon Link, then there is no reason to replace ST Toon Link with Alfonzo whenever TWW Toon Link joins the battle on Spirit Train... and yet Sakurai treats them as if they are the same person.

D

Deleted member

I was hoping to talk more about their chances, actually.
Even if you don't count the leaks, Mii's have a really good shot of getting in.

They are the most prominent new characters that have risen out of the Wii characters; joining the ranks of Mario, Pikachu and Link. If we're going to talk "deserving" Mii's are easily the way to go in this regard. There's really no reason why the Mii's should be excluded at this point, outside of some noisy haters who think that their inclusion would ruin the game.

CalumG

Smash Lord
And people still think Ridley has a chance.
Because he does have a chance.

See: R.O.B. playable/common enemy in Brawl, Alfonso taking the wheel, Donkey Kong and 75M, not to mention the clear trolling Sakurai did not once, but twice elsewhere in the Direct.

Ridley is no Toad or Midna. His chances have diminished significantly but he's not out yet and you all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom