• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Don't forget about all the other fans out there whose favorite veterans have yet to be revealed.
Oh, right. I've just been a Yoshi fanboy since kindergarten, so you can go ahead and say I'm biased about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that Yoshi is the one I want most.

BUT IM GOING CRAZY WITHOUT YOSHI, I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess you could say I made an impressive Foresight.

heheheheh....

That wasn't funny :c
I'd make fun of your joke, but I want to play nice.

It's an easy pick, since there's not a big pool of Yoshi series characters to choose from. Either Kamek, the Baby Bros., or Baby Bowser.

Or you could choose Baby DK and Baby Wario, but who gives a **** about them?

I don't see Baby Peach as a Yoshi character yet since she debuted in a Mario & Luigi game.

----
I really doubt the likelihood of any Baby ____ character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Don't forget about all the other fans out there whose favorite veterans have yet to be revealed.
Which in my case are all of my mains except Samus. It can't be too hard to show either Meta Knight, Ike, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff or Ivysaur, please.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I've had patience for nine months, dude, Yoshi and Sonic are/were my most desperate desires, and we get Sonic first, a THIRD PARTY CHARACTER mind you, and it's almost been half a year since then. It's not fair!!!
Guy! I'm waiting for Pokémon Trainer, Sheik and Wolf for Nine Months, you are waiting for a character that have no chance to be cut, since it's part of the original 12, so keep calm and carry on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Which in my case are all of my mains except Samus. It can't be too hard to show either Meta Knight, Ike, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff or Ivysaur, please.
Why ONLY Ivysaur instead of the trio?

D

Deleted member

I assure you all it could be worse. I main Falcon, Ike, Lucas and Snake. I can imagine 3/4 being cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Guy! I'm waiting for Pokémon Trainer, Sheik and Wolf for Nine Months, you are waiting for a character that have no chance to be cut, since it's part of the original 12, so keep calm and carry on.
I appreciate the incentive, but it's because he's from the original twelve that I think he's overdue

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I main DeDeDe,ROB,Luigi,and Diddy.

Yeah,I'm almost done.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yoshi was available from the start even in the original, those other three characters plus Luigi had to be unlocked.
"Because he was from the original 12"

I didn't see anything about being unlocked to count. Look at Luigi.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The only veteran I really worried about was Lucario. But now he's s safe. So pretty much I'm good for veterans. Although I sort of worry for Ike for my friend's sake. That's who he used most.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Safe how? The goal of the game is to beat down a character.
You know perfectly well what I mean.

Only a foolish fool with foolish ideas and foolish intentions could be such a fool to say such a foolish remark.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
"Because he was from the original 12"

I didn't see anything about being unlocked to count. Look at Luigi.
Luigi just got lucky. Last year was the Year of Luigi after all, but Yoshi is the LAST DEFAULT CHARACTER from the FIRST SMASH EVER who has yet to be revealed! Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon were unlockables in the original, and are usually talked about when mentioning possibilities concerning E3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Luigi just got lucky. Last year was the Year of Luigi after all, but Yoshi is the LAST DEFAULT CHARACTER from the FIRST SMASH EVER who has yet to be revealed! Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon were unlockables in the original, and are usually talked about when mentioning possibilities concerning E3
Dude.
Just, chill.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
SAKURAI OWES YOU NOTHING BUT HIS MIRTHFUL [LAUGHS]

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Calm down.

D

Deleted member

First of all, look at this image of Sakurai and calm down. Okay? Good.

Now, keep in mind Yoshi has a new game coming up soon and Yoshi probably has no new reps to advertise it, going by that popular theory.

He's not cut, and waiting longer for his reveal in a way only builds a greater anticipation. Please understand and be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok guys, cool it. You can discuss characters but calm it down a bit.

I WANT YOSHI AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The guy won't be removed. Chill out. Sakurai knows that he shouldn't **** this game up because for one, this game is important in the recovery of the Wii U which is not selling well (And Nintendo acknowledges this). Yes, it may be slowly getting back up but the PS4 just outsold the Wii U in months. I'm pretty sure Sakurai's not gonna **** around with this game like what he kinda did with tripping but Brawl still sold well so.... Whatever

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
There aren't many characters in danger of being cut. For sure, the veterans from 64 and Melee that have yet to be announced are surely back. As for Brawl, Wario, Meta Knight, ZSS, Trainer to an extent, and R.O.B. are near shoe-ins.

That leaves Wolf, Lucas, Ike, and Snake as potential characters to be cut. I would say they all have merits to be in the next game, and have very good chances to return. In all, predicting cut characters is pointless since we have no idea what the priority list is this time (Lucario and Toon Link being revealed so early on).

Zynux

Smash Lord
While people definitely need to chill, I can somewhat understand the frustration in waiting for characters that are pretty much guaranteed, like Yoshi and Falcon, for example. But yeah, chill.

Personally waiting for Sheik, ZSS, and Falco. ZSS is pretty much a lock imo, and I think people underestimate the chances of Sheik and Falco returning. With that said, even though Impa replacing Sheik or Krystal replacing Falco would be hilariously illogical for many, many reasons, Mewtwo's cut taught me to not be surprised with any illogical decision.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Give me Ike and Snake, and I'm totally set. Although I want to see everyone come back.
While people definitely need to chill, I can somewhat understand the frustration in waiting for characters that are pretty much guaranteed, like Yoshi and Falcon, for example. But yeah, chill.

Personally waiting for Sheik, ZSS, and Falco. ZSS is pretty much a lock imo, and I think people underestimate the chances of Sheik and Falco returning. With that said, even though Impa replacing Sheik or Krystal replacing Falco would be hilariously illogical for many, many reasons, Mewtwo's cut taught me to not be surprised with any illogical decision.
I honestly believe that Sakurai had no idea what he would end up causing after cutting Mewtwo. That's probably part of the reason why he doesn't want to have cuts again.

Honestly, while I could be completely wrong, I almost feel like Roy getting cut wouldn't even be as big a deal as it is now if Mewtwo hadn't been cut.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Give me Ike and Snake, and I'm totally set. Although I want to see everyone come back.

I honestly believe that Sakurai had no idea what he would end up causing after cutting Mewtwo. That's probably part of the reason why he doesn't want to have cuts again.

Honestly, while I could be completely wrong, I almost feel like Roy getting cut wouldn't even be as big a deal as it is now if Mewtwo hadn't been cut.
Now that's an idea I haven't heard before. Would you care to explain your thought process behind that?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Now that's an idea I haven't heard before. Would you care to explain your thought process behind that?
Most of the time, myself included, I desire Mewtwo's return far more than Roy's. When you consider that Mewtwo was the only truly unique character cut, he appears to be the biggest loss.

That's not to say Roy wouldn't have his fans. But I definitely don't think there would be as many people who would want him back if Mewtwo were in Brawl. Bandwagoners if you will.

Of course I'm probably wrong, but we'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom