• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Posted this in the Ridley thread: How would you all feel if Ridley was this size:

Nah, he needs to be smaller than that or at least not have that crouch/crawl. He'd be about as wide as half of Battlefield on Brawl by the looks of that screenshot. Judging by what Sakurai has said in the past, the one prediction I'd make for Ridley's size and shape would be it'll be based on an original design that is parallel mostly to Samus' (so based mostly on Other M) but be modified for Smash Bros.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, who are you guys expecting to be revealed at the next Direct?
A newcomer, since it has been 2 months since Mac's reveal.
More specifically, Chrom, Palutena, or maybe Takamaru.
Chrom because of FE's anniversary, Palutena because of KI's anniversary, and Takamaru because of his game's anniversary.

Posted this in the Ridley thread: How would you all feel if Ridley was this size:

He seems too large here.
He should be shrunk down to the point where he can look Samus in the eye and is still a bit taller than Bowser.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So, who are you guys expecting to be revealed at the next Direct?
Honestly, I think it's going to be someone we don't expect again. Last time, we were so sure it was Dixie and it ended up being Little Mac, before that we didn't guess Rosalina either. Both also are inconsistent with any ties to potential advertisements, Rosalina wasn't revealed for 3D World and the trailer had nothing to do with it, nor was she revealed for Galaxy's anniversary. Some do argue it was the case for Little Mac, but nothing Sakurai has done has shown that was the case for his reveal so it could've just as easily been a coincidence. Another thing about that is before then only two anniversaries were respected and both were only for Smash.

So in short, while we could get characters as tie-ins, I don't think it's a necessity, rather it's just because Sakurai wants to reveal them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just want the April newcomer to be someone from my prediction roster. :laugh:

Tomorrow is the last chance for us get a veteran in March, though I've lost faith.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Palutena. We haven't seen much of the Skyworld Wii U stage, and Palutena being announced in the direct would go perfectly with it.

Or we could get Chrom fighting in the Arena Ferox stage, and we might get a glimpse of the Wii U Fire Emblem stage as well.

D

Deleted member

April: "A beloved character from Melee makes his triumphant return!"

*Dr. Mario Is In The House!* :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmite

Smash Apprentice

Tomorrow is the last chance for us get a veteran in March, though I've lost faith.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Palutena. We haven't seen much of the Skyworld Wii U stage, and Palutena being announced in the direct would go perfectly with it.

Or we could get Chrom fighting in the Arena Ferox stage, and we might get a glimpse of the Wii U Fire Emblem stage as well.
You should have your hopes high. Palutena and Chrom have a HUGE chance of being the next revealed newcomer. Although, Sakurai might pull a Sakurai on us.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Actually, that's what I'm expecting to be honest. :laugh: Almost everyone expected Dixie in the February Direct, and we got Little Mac.
Slight correction: most everyone expected a Diddy and Dixie tag team for the February Direct. The timing was just too unbelievably perfect for that kind of reveal, and the whole forum went mad thinking that was what we were undoubtably going to get.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I honestly think Chrom will make it in next month, and Palutena will come at E3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm not seeing why Palutena is so highly expected to be the next newcomer revealed. The Japanese anniversaries for KI have come and gone, and the argument being that "her stage is revealed so obviously she's the next to be revealed" has as much merit as the other three expected newcomers (that is, Ridley, Chrom, and Mii).

Not that I'm doubting her inclusion, but I think she's going to be revealed much later.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'll make a bold statement regarding Palutena.

If she doesn't manage to be revealed in the next Direct, I don't expect her to be revealed at all pre-release, but rather stay as a secret character (assuming that she is in). Whilst not being revealed in April won't hurt her chances of being in this game at all in of itself, I feel that this is absolutely the perfect time to reveal her if she was meant to be on the starting roster. So if she doesn't, I feel that her chances in the regards of being revealed at all pre-release will be shot. I feel similarly about Takamaru and any FE13 character.

And I would not expect any of Palutena, Takamaru or a FE13 character to be revealed at E3 at all.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
^it would kinda be a waste IMO to not show her reveal trailer in all its glory before the release of the game, whos gonna get excited to see it after we have the game in our hands?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
April: "A beloved character from Melee makes his triumphant return!"

*Pichu Is In The House!* :troll:
Fix'd

Speaking of Melee cuts, if we get DLC Packs, a "Melee Returners Pack" is inevitable.

Holy ****!

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.html

I guess Sakurai really did pull a Sakurai on us

Edit: I know it's a fake. I just thought it looked funny.
Nightmare fuel.
Both the way this looks, and the idea of Nester taking up a slot in Smash is terrifying.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This was just recently brought to my attention, but what's the general consensus of Reggie as a playable character?

I guess it's a good follow up discussion after that fake Nester thing...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I realized we already have 3 new Nintendo series represented as playable in Smash (Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and Punch-Out). Considering we will probably also get at least one new retro series, I'm starting to think there isn't enough room left for "New Series Newcomers."
There needs to be room on the roster for newcomers for series already in Smash, like K. Rool, Ridley, or Palutena.

I feel we will only get one more newcomer to represent a series not already in Smash (personally I'm leaning towards Miis).

What do you think?
Does this hurt the chances of newcomers like Shulk?

Parmite

Smash Apprentice
This was just recently brought to my attention, but what's the general consensus of Reggie as a playable character?

Surprisingly, A lot of people want him in. Though, unless in the shape of a Mii, he doesn't have much of a chance of getting in. It would be cool to see him in, though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

The general opinion (at least on Smashboards) is that Reggie is unlikely, and he shouldn't be in.
Though some people, like me, think Reggie does have a decent chance, and would love to see him in.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Reggie as playable would be weird for multiple reasons.

Too weird.
I can't say I blame them. It would be hilarious. I'm a fan of his descisions at NOA (bar Mother 3) but I appreciate his business efforts, not too keen on seeing him in. He's a middle aged business man who isn't Miyamoto, not the best medium to pick characters from.

Besides, WFT killed his and Nester's chances as a gag character.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Reggie as playable would be weird for multiple reasons.

Too weird.
Considering that Reggie is an actual, living person, that just opens up a seriously large number of issues to work out. Here's a few:

1.) What if Reggie were to leave Nintendo? Or even want to leave? I mean, after being put into one of their biggest video games as a playable character, you'd be kind of permanently tied to them.

2.) What about other big, important, real life people? Would they just add whoever the general public makes petitions for into the game? I mean, it's ok to cater to fans, but only when within reason. This is...

3.) If we do start having real people be playable in the game, what would be the point of the (seemingly likely at this point) Miis in the game? Or perhaps a better question would be, what would be the point of adding real life people into the game when you have a fully working avatar system that could accomplish the same goal without so many hassles?

D

Deleted member

Holy ****!

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.html

I guess Sakurai really did pull a Sakurai on us

Edit: I know it's a fake. I just thought it looked funny.
As ugly as the model is, that is a pretty great effort.
....It's not fixed until you make a "entering" joke that suits Pichu instead of Doc.
"Dr. Mario Is In The House" is both a reference to his unlock message in Melee and the joke of "Is there a doctor in the house?"

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
....It's not fixed until you make a "entering" joke that suits Pichu instead of Doc.
"Dr. Mario Is In The House" is both a reference to his unlock message in Melee and the joke of "Is there a doctor in the house?"
I apologize.
"Pichu makes a shocking comeback."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom