• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Snake does have a fun moveset (though he has to be more appropriately balanced). He tapped into new design space with Smashes that were atypical. All his specials were unique as well. And his down throw was different. Good design in the flavor department.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Someone better use a fishing pole. Maybe the Mii can use one for their throw. Do the Mii fish?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So what do you guys think of this? http://www.examiner.com/article/snake-unlikely-to-be-new-smash-bros?cid=rss

In a Q/A twitch stream, Kojima was asked about Snake in the next Smash bros:
"I'm not working on that game, but i don't think it's likely. If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake."
Personally if Snake is not in, even though I liked his inclusion within Brawl, I would be a bit sad but not too disappointed and surprised if he does not return.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well eitherway, it could just be Kojima trying to dodge the question, or he really doesn't know if Snake is back again. I guess we will have to wait and see about that....

Would hate to see the guy go though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Kojima is just dodging the question. He acts like he doesn't know because he may get in trouble if he does say something. Sakurai said a while back that no cuts have taken place, and I assume that includes Snake as well. 3rd parties would have to be negotiated a good amount of time in advance, (except for Sonic who we know was last minute, but a returning 3rd party I think would be considered earlier, and Sakurai learning from his mistake.) With this information, we can assume that Snake will return.

Also, look at what happened with Game Freak when people were asking about Mewtwo in Smash again, and Sakurai spoke up and said "were thinking about it." Not really answering the question, because I can guarantee Smash considers a wide number of characters and they are slowly widdled away at until we have a full roster number. He is not confirming nor denying the what is being asked is true.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I love Snake but I won't deny the possibility of him being cut.
I know what Sakurai said but things do change. It isn't likely that a character like Snake gets bumped out due to time constraints but really you never know what Sakurai's priorities are.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Snake gets cut it will NOT be due to time constraints.

That would be grounds for a legal case.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
They could, but are the options the characters have are the most distinct and creative options available to be worth putting in?
I don't know. The point I was getting at is that Midna doesn't hold a lot of significance compared to other Zelda characters, as unique as she might be, for the reason that there are various other characters who have potential to be unique, the ones worth any consideration at all having appeared in at least 3 different Zelda games now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't a lot of Zelda characters have potential to be unique?
I dunno Miyamoto why don't you tell me

Depends on the character. Some, like Ghirahim and Tetra, could definitely be unique, but could very easily go the other way.
Others, like Tingle, Midna, or Vaati, would most definitely stand out from everyone else.

In Midna's case, no one uses shadow magic and attacks with their hair (or the confirmed characters at least)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't know. The point I was getting at is that Midna doesn't hold a lot of significance compared to other Zelda characters, as unique as she might be, for the reason that there are various other characters who have potential to be unique, the ones worth any consideration at all having appeared in at least 3 different Zelda games now.
Unless Nintendo is giving Midna a Rosalina treatment, I don't see Midna happening as a character. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ah, so the discussion about that interview with Kojima has already started.

I'm personally just not going to really think about it, as it could easily be Kojima dodging the question. If he's in the game, then he is. If he isn't, he isn't. At this point, it's completely up in the air.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't see why they'd cut Snake. Kojima pushed to extremes to get Snake in Brawl, and I don't think he'd let all that past effort be forgotten in te next Smash. For all we know, what he said could simply be a diversion.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
As much as I do agree we'll probably get Yoshi tomorrow, I can still see us not getting him because we're dealing with Sakurai. It'd be just like him to save Yoshi for last to **** with us.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
As much as I do agree we'll probably get Yoshi tomorrow, I can still see us not getting him because we're dealing with Sakurai. It'd be just like him to save Yoshi for last to **** with us.
Well he did a predictable act by revealing Diddy, so I don't think it's unlikely to get Yoshi tomorrow.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So what do you guys think of this? http://www.examiner.com/article/snake-unlikely-to-be-new-smash-bros?cid=rss

In a Q/A twitch stream, Kojima was asked about Snake in the next Smash bros:
"I'm not working on that game, but i don't think it's likely. If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake."
See, the way he says it is leading on.

3rd parties mean contracts. Kojima would know about it if Snake were or weren't getting renewed. It isn't something up in the air. He has to know if he's in or not.

That said, the fact that he says he doesn't think it's likely has me worried. I love Snake. He shouldn't be removed.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm hesitant to say that we'll certainly get Yoshi tomorrow, it is the only date we know of as the Japanese one still has the "Summer 2014" date, but it's not unlike Sakurai to go for the later date with a character if Zelda's anything to go by. He could easily ignore the upcoming NA date and go for the Summer if he really feels like waiting on Yoshi.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think we're going to get a character regardless tomorrow regardless of whether or not it's Yoshi. Although Yoshi would make the most sense.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
On the topic of Snake, I think it's still a wildcard. We're given a release date of this year, so that interview seems discouraging, but we may be in for a surprise.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I guess Yoshi could be made out of yarn. It would be neat. And would separate him from the other Mario characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
See, the way he says it is leading on.

3rd parties mean contracts. Kojima would know about it if Snake were or weren't getting renewed. It isn't something up in the air. He has to know if he's in or not.

That said, the fact that he says he doesn't think it's likely has me worried. I love Snake. He shouldn't be removed.
Sonic confirmed for scrapped.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yoshi would be cool. Think they'll reveal another row of veterans first before adding another newcomer. Would really love to see Yoshi, but am wondering who would be next in line? Think Wario is also overdue. Am not to sure yet who to expect as the next newcomer. If Ganondorf is gonna be the 4th veteran revealed after Yoshi, I could see King K.Rool happening.

So far, am mostly awaiting Ike's return. He was my favorite newcomer in Brawl aside from Diddy.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pre-Brawl I said Ike should not get in because he has blue hair and a sword and would be confused with Marth. Ike is a fun character.

But Chrom cannot get in because then there would be three blue haired lords with swords and everyone will be confused.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sonic confirmed for scrapped.
You totes just lost me here.

Are you saying SEGA made a comment about Sonic appearing in Smash? Because I'm assuming that's what you're saying.

OR...maybe I just need to lay off the drugs again. (I don't actually do drugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom