• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As a Krystal supporter, I can say that I would be pretty pissed off if either Falco or Wolf were cut for her to get in. And I don't really like Falco much.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As a Krystal supporter, I can say that I would be pretty dissapointed if either Falco or Wolf were cut for her to get in. And I don't really like Falco much.
Well, as much as I loved playing as Wolf in Brawl, I was actually kinda reluctant to say that I think that he'd be cut. As for myself, I just bought a copy of StarFox Adventures, and I'm enjoying it so far.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People saying Krystal will replace Wolf just think she'd be unique, which makes them think she has more merit then Wolf because of it, which is BS.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
That should be his name, too - "Andross With A Body".
If this was to happen, I really hope we wouldn't be getting this Fidel Andross. I always imagined him in a lab coat/ cape kind of getup. Either way, I hope his actual head is an AT instead of the Polygon shape shooter. (Which is cool, but I'd rather see Andross from 64.)

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeeeeeeeah buuuuuuuuuuut...

Karate Joe has been in every game.
welllll technically....

so has marshall.

Rhythm Tengoku:
this has been connected as being as Marshall as japan's RH Fever has a GBA/Fever night walk mix.

Rhythm Heaven
The DS one is kinda iffy, as it's never exactly been stated inside or outside, but hints at it exist, such as Marshall wearing a bow-tie in the endless game Munchy Monk in RH Fever.

Rhythm Heaven Fever is so obvious I don't really need to explain it, I'm assuming.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This shift to StarFox is actually pretty interesting. If you ask me, I honestly see Krystal being revealed before any other StarFox character, Sakurai would have to be just plain out of his mind to not include her. As a supporter of women's rights, she's the one I really hope gets in the most, the other two in the female category I've been counting on are Dixie Kong and Paultena.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
This shift to StarFox is actually pretty interesting. If you ask me, I honestly see Krystal being revealed before any other StarFox character, Sakurai would have to be just plain out of his mind to not include her. As a supporter of women's rights, she's the one I really hope gets in the most, the other two in the female category I've been counting on are Dixie Kong and Paultena.
Too late, we got Fox:troll:

But yes, I do hope to see her included, but I don't think we'd see her before Falco. MAYBE before Wolf, but not Falco.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure women's right have much to do with Krystal or her getting in smash or vice versa.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Liked for women's rights.

Though I don't see why that makes Krystal more viable.
Or perhaps that was a joke.

Also you are Barney. WHY is everyone Barney??

D

Deleted member

I don't even get the big deal with people not wanting Star Fox to have 4 reps.

Is SSB4 gonna get runied if that happens?

D

Deleted member

Is it 2006 again, where people are now advocating Krystal being a shoe-in just because of having a magic stick and a vagina?

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I'm neutral towards Krystal, but she mustn't replace anyone.

Regarding the interview with Kojima, he's a master troll. I think that he knows that Snake is in and he was only evading the question.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
C'mon guys, the next Star Fox character in Smash 4 is everyone's favorite:

Sakurai, make it happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I'm gonna say that Miis are definitely happening now.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Is it 2006 again, where people are now advocating Krystal being a shoe-in just because of having a magic stick and a vagina?
Well, one person is, but unfortunately that group of people is still promonent on the comment section of YouTube. To be honest, Golden, i'd actually like to hear your standpoint on her, whether you think she could be included or not.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So, no reveal... but Sakurai seems to be on the Villager train:
"Pic of the day. Looks like someone's enjoying the bachelor life in this pad."
What's with the subtleness, Sakurai? We get it already, Villager is a pimp. Oh, and then there's another new stage. People think Mii is confirmed on Miiverse?

On Krystal, I'm neutral. If she gets in, so be it. If she replaces Badass Bird or Rival Animal I won't be happy though.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Seriously? Still no Yoshi? Sheesh.

Well at least we're pretty much guaranteed somebody next week. Oy.
I think this. March is pretty much just going to be Random Reveal Month. I'm not going to guess based off of anniversaries if this big coverage was ignored.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to be very surprised if we don't get two this month.

You know, I understand we have gotten like 3 stages in the last two weeks, but they're all on the 3DS. I want something from the Wii U damn it.

Well whatever. Secretly hoping for Snake even though I know he'd probably be through a Direct. I'm not even going to bother predicting this month. I've got nothing.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
"Pic of the day! I heard people were expecting yoshi this week so why not have a picture of villager and wiifittrainer for the weekend"

This man is a genius at the art of trolling.

CalumG

Smash Lord
They should cut Wolf for Peppy and Slippy Toad so we have the whole original crew in Smash

all with cloned movesets of Fox

over and out, folks :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh, I never thought of it that way. I wasn't trying to be a funnyman, but I'm just saying that we need more girls in Smash.
That isn't a reason to be put in Smash on its own though.

Anyway, I've been thinking. As Swamp said, I think Miis are guaranteed now. 2 stages for Mii games.

I predict Pac Man and Mii's revealed at E3; Miis will go hand in hand with the customization aspects, Pac Man for 3rd Party character hype. Probably one other newbie, and pssibly a few vets... Hopefully Snake (i'm actually hoping he gets revealed next week for GZ.)

Up until E3, we're probably getting one newcomer next month. It could be literally anybody.

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Sakurai was sick of you predicting character reveals, so he gives you a stage based off a Japan-only Mii game instead of Yoshi.
God dammit.

I think we'll be getting Wario or a Pokemon this month, or just a random reveal like Marth.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
There is very little beard representation in Smash Bros.
We need more beards.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey! It's not just me who wants more ladies in Super Smash Bros. I've been around the United States, and met a lot of people who want women in the game. They want Krystal, Rosalina, Paultena, Dixie Kong, and Amy Rose.
Medusa and Lip would also be great choices

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey! It's not just me who wants more ladies in Super Smash Bros. I've been around the United States, and met a lot of people who want women in the game. They want Krystal, Rosalina, Paultena, Dixie Kong, and Amy Rose.
Not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that being female does not make you more likely, nor should it be a factor in ones favor.

Popularity, unique abilities and so on are what will help. Simply being female means nothing for a characters chances.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that being female does not make you more likely, nor should it be a factor in ones favor.

Popularity, unique abilities and so on are what will help. Simply being female means nothing for a characters chances.
I understand, but my feelings are kinda hurt now because all those other guys were making fun of me for making clear my desire to see more female characters. No offense.

?????????????

Smash Master
Oh, I never thought of it that way. I wasn't trying to be a funnyman, but I'm just saying that we need more girls in Smash.
It's not like Ninendo is surpressing it's female characters. I mean, are there more male characters in SSB? Yes. Are there more major video game characters in general who are male rather than female? Yes. But that's just how it is. It isn't "sexist" or against women's rights; it's just the characters the creators of these games thought of.

Now, going back to SSB, it would be something if Nintendo/Sakurai was deliberitly leaving out important Nintendo icons who were female. This is not the case. Nintendo's most iconic female characters are Peach and Zelda, who are both in SSB, and Samus, Nintendo's biggest heroine who has rightfully been in SSB since the first game.

If there are important Nintendo characters to add who are female, then great. But a character should not be added solely for that purpose; they need their own merits as a character.

I'd say that Krystal, Dixie, and Palutena all fit this. But it is a better mindset to think of them as "Nintendo characters" rather than "female Nintendo characters." That sounds more sexist. It's singling out these specific characters as "female" as an actual reason as to why they are significant.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
It's not like Ninendo is surpressing it's female characters. I mean, are there more male characters in SSB? Yes. Are there more major video game characters in general who are male rather than female? Yes. But that's just how it is. It isn't "sexist" or against women's rights; it's just the characters the creators of these games thought of.

Now, going back to SSB, it would be something if Nintendo/Sakurai was deliberitly leaving out important Nintendo icons who were female. This is not the case. Nintendo's most iconic female characters are Peach and Zelda, who are both in SSB, and Samus, Nintendo's biggest heroine who has rightfully been in SSB since the first game.

If there are important Nintendo characters to add who are female, then great. But a character should not be added solely for that purpose; they need their own merits as a character.

I'd say that Krystal, Dixie, and Palutena all fit this. But it is a better mindset to think of them as "Nintendo characters" rather than "female Nintendo characters." That sounds more sexist. It's singling out these specific characters as "female" as an actual reason as to why they are significant.
I agree completely since most of ones you listed to have pretty big fan bases and are all big Nintendo characters in there own rights.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I'm not solely bent on the addition of female characters, it's just one of my most desperate desires at the moment. The only one desire I haven't made clear is my desire to have certain alternate costumes for Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Link, Samus, and Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom