• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think Kamui/Corrin fans have anything to worry about, because Tumblrinas twist logic, not to mention the fact that the character people raged about isn't able to S support both genders despite outright revealing she likes men and women, with women being her preference

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see the point in having Ganon as anything but a Final Smash for Ganondorf.
If you want a Ganon(dorf) that uses a trident, just give the trident to Ganondorf.
If you want a Ganon(dorf) that uses more magical attacks than "amplify strength in physical attacks with dark magic", just give them to Ganondorf.
If you simply want to have a manbearpig as a playable fighter......well, I suppose that's a different story.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People invent a false dilemma with Ganondorf where he can either stay completely as Falcondorf or replace everything with yet another sword moveset. Just take the Bowser/Pit approach and swap out a handful of specials/normals for better, more representative ones and you've satisfied pretty much everyone.

Would anyone truly be heartbroken over the loss of "Warlock Kick"?

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I don't think like a few small changes like his neutral air being similar to Mewtwo except with Dark Magic and fixing his attacks so he's still the same magic brawler without having the similarities to :4falcon:. I just hate the idea of turning him to another character and to give his moveset away because that's stupid and the moveset fits the triforce form of

:4link:Courage=Weapons and Sword master

:4zelda:Wisdom=Magic based

:4ganondorf:Power=Pure Brawler
This proves my point. People want Gannondorf how he is now, but that means we lost out on a potential more-game baded Gannondorf because his addition as a clone.

I would like it if people treated clones as a Smash series one-shot and not expect them to come back. But with DLC that doesn't matter as much.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't think Kamui/Corrin fans have anything to worry about, because Tumblrinas twist logic, not to mention the fact that the character people raged about isn't able to S support both genders despite outright revealing she likes men and women, with women being her preference
Tumblrinas? I've always called them Tumblroids since a majority of them are weaboos that don't know everything half the time.

I guess you could call Tumblr.... Trigger Happy.

*Puts on sunglasses*

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA-

Srsly though this is funny but painful to read.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
People invest a false dilemma with Ganondorf where he can either stay completely as Falcondorf or replace everything with yet another sword moveset. Just take the Bowser/Pit approach and swap out a handful of specials/normals for better, more representative ones and you've satisfied pretty much everyone.

This, definitely. Replace some of the moves that are obvious still very Captain Falcon-like, and give him better special moves and I'm good.
Giving him a sword would probably make him less unique anyway.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
People invest a false dilemma with Ganondorf where he can either stay completely as Falcondorf or replace everything with yet another sword moveset. Just take the Bowser/Pit approach and swap out a handful of specials/normals for better, more representative ones and you've satisfied pretty much everyone.

No, 'cos Warlock Kick isn't a thing.

Wizard's Foot, on the other hand...

;3

EDIT: Wizkick is actually one of Ganondorf's most useful (albeit, like his entire set, situational) moves. I'd like anything that replaces it to have as useful a function.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My reply when people say Ganondorf's moveset encompasses who he is.
"WHEN DA **** DID GANONDORF LEARN HOW TO DO SPLITS!"

To be fair, he was a lot more limber and able-bodied when he was younger (i.e. Melee).
It only looks awkward because Ganondorf's an old fart now.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I'm one of those people that likes Ganondorf as he is and doesn't want him to be totally overhauled.

If he had Dead Man's Volley (hell, just tack on a projectile to his neutral-b), a fist slam and a few of his animations changed, I'd be totally content.

Keep Flame Choke, though.

Flame Choke is like nine-tenths of the reason Ganondorf is viable.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Something I think would be really cool is if Flame Choke was made into Ganondorf's grab.
His pummel is him crushing the opponent by the neck, Down Throw is like the default Flame Choke, and up throw is like the custom moves that sends them upwards.
His grab range is better, and his dash grab looks like the current animation for the move.

It would be fitting and very bad***. :awesome:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Something I think would be really cool is if Flame Choke was made into Ganondorf's grab.
His pummel is him crushing the opponent by the neck and all of his are equally brutal.
Flame Choke is his grab, though.

That's definitely the only grab he has. Everyone knows that. Silly Kenith~

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, I'm one of those people that likes Ganondorf as he is and doesn't want him to be totally overhauled.

If he had Dead Man's Volley (hell, just tack on a projectile to his neutral-b), a fist slam and a few of his animations changed, I'd be totally content.

Keep Flame Choke, though.

Flame Choke is like nine-tenths of the reason Ganondorf is viable.
I actually like Flame Choke too (mainly because its seems to be based of what HE ACTUALLY DOES in Twilight Princess to that sage. Also it is a cool suicide move).

Dinoman96

Smash Master

I definitely agree with that, but a lot of people tend to think his entire current moveset needs to be erased and that he should primarily fight with a sword, which I disagree with.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not to get into Zelda lore but I don't think Ganondorf was thousands of years old in Ocarina of Time. Don't know how long Gerudos live but I know he wasn't a monster or demon in that game, he was just a really powerful dude.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I definitely agree with that, but a lot of people tend to think his entire current moveset needs to be erased and that he should primarily fight with a sword, which I disagree with.
I don't really care if Ganondorf fought with a sword (I kinda just want him to use it for like a couple normal moves), I would just like him to have more of his iconic moveset from OoT in there ie. Dead Man's Volley for Neutral B, Floating **** he do for Up B etc.
Not to get into Zelda lore but I don't think Ganondorf was thousands of years old in Ocarina of Time. Don't know how long Gerudos live but I know he wasn't a monster or demon in that game, he was just a really powerful dude.
Well, he gets reincarnated, which makes him super old (soul being from Demise from SS). Not the body of his.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Either way, one day I want some incarnation of Ganon in Smash using the trident and magical attacks.
Like a redesigned Ganondorf with a trident, like Hardin:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I still remember the reactions to Ganondorf's Hyrule Warriors trailer.

Expecting a Ganondorf with swords and/or real dark magic in Smash?
Too bad, Sakurai time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I hate when people complain about Ganondorf being fat...You people do realise that he's wearing thicker clothing and armour right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom