• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'll give it a shot and try revamping Ganondorf:

B: Dead Man's Volley (electricity effect when hit)
Side B: Flame Choke
Up B: His entrance animation accompanied with a dark explosion when reappearing
Down B: Instead of a horizontal kick, he levitates for a moment and then pounces the ground and creates a dark explosion (just like he does in the games), maybe add a bit of super armor and if done while in the air, it acts similar to Wizard's Foot

Side Smash: Warlock Punch
Up Smash: Something like Mewtwo's up smash

Up Tilt: Gerudo Dragon?

And his running animation is now like Palutena's and Mewtwo's

I personally don't feel like Ganondorf really needs to use a sword.

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, for me Wolf is in the same tier of Lucas in" cloneness", while Luigi is a step beyond, being more different from Mario than Wolf and Lucas are from Fox and Ness. At this point, the only thing Mario and Luigi share are Up Special and Neutral Special, or am I missing something?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, for me Wolf is in the same tier of Lucas in" cloneness", while Luigi is a step beyond, being more different from Mario than Wolf and Lucas are from Fox and Ness. At this point, the only thing Mario and Luigi share are Up Special and Neutral Special, or am I missing something?
Neutral Areal
Up Areal
Back Areal
Back Throw
I think Up Throw
Forward Throw
I think I'm missing some.
EDIT: Yup. Their Forward Tilts are the same, and kylexv says the rest of them.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Neutral Air, Up Smash, Down Smash, Up Air, Back Air, among others.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Going down the list of your DLC. Oh boy.

1. Ice Climbers
Possible and requested. They're probably going to come back for Smash 5 instead of DLC. Technical issues on 3DS cut them out so yeah.

2-3. Birdo and Donkey Kong Jr.
Not requested at all. Donkey Kong Jr. hasn't been seen in years.

4. King K. Rool
Most likely choice in that list and will most likely be DLC.

5-6. Wart and Tatanga
Haven't been seen in years. Not highly requested.

7. Daisy
Moderately requested, but I personally think she should be just an alt for Peach.

8. E. Gadd
Not requested. Entire moveset put into one Final Smash of Luigi's

9. Black Mage
Possible, but unlikely. We most likely won't get any third party DLC. Iconic though. Not requested that much.

10. Bomberman
Snake is the Konami rep that's dominating polls. If any rep from Konami makes it as DLC, its him.

11. White Mage
Less iconic than Black Mage and not requested.

12. Dr. Eggman
Second rep from Sonic is unlikely. Pales in comparison of requests for Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver.

13-16. Mega Man characters
Second rep from Mega Man and third rep from Capcom is unlikely.

17-19. Mortal Kombat characters
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Mortal Kombat characters. Not requested. Little history on Nintendo. THEIR WHOLE THING IS BASED ON BLOOD AND GORE (don't give me that **** where "oh they can remove that" No they can't its the whole idea of Mortal Kombat) They are never getting in Smash.

20-22.
**** all mate. Killer Instinct. They are owned by ****ing Microsoft. No, not likely at all.

23. Snake
Possible, but unlikely considering the only reason he was in Brawl was a personal favor by Sakurai to Kojima. Kojima's out of Konami and Konami has their own problems. Very unlikely in my opinion.

24. Viewtiful Joe
Unlikely, not requested as much, third Capcom rep is not likely.

25-27. Street Fighter characters
ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS. ****ING EVIL RYU. Capcom getting three reps is unlikely and especially another from Street Fighter.

28. Amaterasu
Same reasoning for Viewtiful Joe.

29. Dig Dug
Not likely. Not requested. Not as iconic as Pac Man

30-31. Pac Man characters
You actually want 2 Pac Man clones. I can't even.

32. Cat and Mouse
Same reasoning for Dig Dug

Dude, you think that most of these characters will make it in Smash. That is the most far-fetched dream I've ever seen. First of all, HALF OF THE CHARACTERS ARE THIRD PARTY. That reduces their chance GREATLY and you picked the strangest characters. Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct really? I can literally see only 3 of these characters getting in. Ice Climbers, King K. Rool and Daisy (you know this list whack when I say Daisy is likely).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am I the only one that thinks Ganon's utilt and usmash should be switched?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Would everyone be ok if Ganondorf's B special was changed to Dead Man's Volley and his Warlock Punch was changed to be his new forward smash?

@ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA Imagine if Nintendo suddenly bought Capcom... now there are only two 3rd parties in the game.
I'd be down, plus then I'd be fine with Ryu being in the game.
Warlock punch as Forward Smash would be cool (less powerful of course), never liked his elbow.
Nope. That's the first thing I'd do if I retooled Ganondorf's moveset.
What??? That makes no sense.

I'll give it a shot and try revamping Ganondorf:

B: Dead Man's Volley (electricity effect when hit)
Side B: Flame Choke
Up B: His entrance animation accompanied with a dark explosion when reappearing
Down B: Instead of a horizontal kick, he levitates for a moment and then pounces the ground and creates a dark explosion (just like he does in the games), maybe add a bit of super armor and if done while in the air, it acts similar to Wizard's Foot

Side Smash: Warlock Punch
Up Smash: Something like Mewtwo's up smash

Up Tilt: Gerudo Dragon?

And his running animation is now like Palutena's and Mewtwo's

I personally don't feel like Ganondorf really needs to use a sword.
His up be should be him levitating upwards like what he does in OoT.
Am I the only one that thinks Ganon's utilt and usmash should be switched?
They should be gone cuz Ganondorf shouldn't be able to do splits.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His up be should be him levitating upwards like what he does in OoT.
Oh, yeah, another great move that's relegated to a taunt instead. Definitely; I'd like him to levitate upwards and create a dark magic aura around him that knocks opponents away for his Up+B. That'd be great.

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie

1. Ice Climbers
Possible and requested. They're probably going to come back for Smash 5 instead of DLC. Technical issues on 3DS cut them out so yeah.

4. King K. Rool

5-6. Wart and Tatanga

7. Daisy
Moderately requested, but I personally think she should be just an alt for Peach.

8. E. Gadd

9. Black Mage
Possible, but unlikely. We most likely won't get any third party DLC. Iconic though. Not requested that much.

10. Bomberman
Snake is the Konami rep that's dominating polls. If any rep from Konami makes it as DLC, its him.

11. White Mage

12. Dr. Eggman
Second rep from Sonic is unlikely. Pales in comparison of requests for Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver.

You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Mortal Kombat characters. Not requested. Little history on Nintendo. THEIR WHOLE THING IS BASED ON BLOOD AND GORE (don't give me that **** where "oh they can remove that" No they can't its the whole idea of Mortal Kombat) They are never getting in Smash.

20-22.
**** all mate. Killer Instinct. They are owned by ****ing Microsoft. No, not likely at all.

23. Snake
Possible, but unlikely considering the only reason he was in Brawl was a personal favor by Sakurai to Kojima. Kojima's out of Konami and Konami has their own problems. Very unlikely in my opinion.

24. Viewtiful Joe

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS. ****ING EVIL RYU. Capcom getting three reps is unlikely and especially another from Street Fighter.

28. Amaterasu

29. Dig Dug

32. Cat and Mouse

Dude, you think that most of these characters will make it in Smash. That is the most far-fetched dream I've ever seen. First of all, HALF OF THE CHARACTERS ARE THIRD PARTY. That reduces their chance GREATLY and you picked the strangest characters. Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct really? I can literally see only 3 of these characters getting in. Ice Climbers, King K. Rool and Daisy (you know this list whack when I say Daisy is likely).
1 I have a Killer Instinct cartridge for SNES proving that it can't really be completely Microsoft.
2 Evil Ryu could basically be a similar thing to Dark Pit.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
1 I have a Killer Instinct cartridge for SNES proving that it can't really be completely Microsoft.
2 Evil Ryu could basically be a similar thing to Dark Pit.
Yeah, that was before Microsoft bought them. You know when a video game company buys a franchise, the games from that franchise on other systems don't magically disappear. Now if this was before 2002, I'd be down with Killer Instinct, but then again I was 1 then so.
No one wants another 2edgy2u Pit.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have a (poor) drawing of a remade Ganondorf.
His UpSmash: He lifts up his fist, and it explodes as the Triforce in his hand glows. It looks like one of his victory poses, actually.
That sounds like a good idea. Talking about decloning Zelda characters makes me want different specials for Toon Link (my Brawl fav tied with Falco).
Jab combo: the combo he does in Wind Waker, seriously why is that not there.
Up Special: Deku Leaf: a blast of wind blows under him and he floats up in the air, works like Peach's up air except it doesn't do damage.
Grab: He should grab with the grappling hook.

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie
I have newer suggestions now-
1 Spike (Super Mario Bros 3).
2 Boom Boom (Super Mario Bros 3).
3 Pom Pom (Super Mario 3D Land).
4 Ganon (Legend of Zelda) (different from Ganondorf).
5 Baby Mario (Yoshi's Island).
6 Baby Luigi (Yoshi's Island).
Thats all I have for now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Are you a troll?

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie
Are you a troll?
Don't know what you mean.

1. Ice Climbers

4. King K. Rool

5-6. Wart and Tatanga

7. Daisy

8. E. Gadd

9. Black Mage

10. Bomberman

11. White Mage

12. Dr. Eggman

20-22.

23. Snake

24. Viewtiful Joe

28. Amaterasu

29. Dig Dug

32. Cat and Mouse

Mortal Kombat could also make Super Smash Bros rated M if the characters got into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Quite a massive list you got there. Sadly, I can't see more than even 2 of those happening, but don't let that discourage you, all men and women can dream can't we? Just don't get your hopes up too much, otherwise you'll probably end up less than satisfied.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mortal Kombat could also make Super Smash Bros rated M if the characters got into the game.
DLC. CAN'T CHANGE THE RATING OF A GAME.
DLC HAS TO FIT THE RATING OF THE GAME IT IS DLC TO.
OF YOUR OTHER 6, GANON IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS REASONABLE BUT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH REQUESTS.
You have 2 Mario Midbosses with less going for them than BIRDO, the biggest case of a filler character in Mario history, and 2 babies as their own characters.

Just. No.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Again, why random enemies?

Spike
Random enemy that was playable in Mario Party 10. No importance, no request.

Boom Boom
Mid boss... No importance, no request.

Pom Pom
Same reasoning for Boom Boom

Ganon
Only reasonable choice on this second list

Baby Mario
WHY I DON'T WANT ANOTHER ****ING PICHU

Baby Luigi
Same reasoning for Baby Mario

Dude, I feel like you're trying to go against the popular choices and are picking random characters no one wants just to be different.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dude, that's hard to do. Considering the armor he has on and his age its kind of hard to imagine someone doing that.
Well, he does wield the Triforce of Power. It'd make sense that he has total mastery over his body and martial prowess beyond that of mortal men.

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie
We can have Pichu return as a veteran for DLC and we can have Volcanion appear as a newcomer for DLC

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We can have Pichu return as a veteran for DLC and we can have Volcanion appear as a newcomer for DLC
OH MAH GOD STAHP!
Pichu sucks. Its literally Pikachu that hurts himself. Others might want him but personally I don't want him back. Volcanion, IS A ****ING POKEMON THAT ISNT EVEN OBTAINABLE YET! NO STAHP IT JUST CHOOSE ISAAC FROM GOLDEN SUN! stahp.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
lol. Does the Triforce of Wisdom make Zelda smart (seriously dat ***** need to know what's happening. She's been possessed, captured, ****ING DIDN'T KNOW WHO SHE WAS).
Yes.

She willingly offers herself up to Zant in order to prevent the downfall of her kingdom, confident that her actions would buy the hero enough time to amass a resistance against the Twilight forces.

She's the only one who recognises Ganondorf as a man of wicked ambition and is pragmatic enough to warn Link well in advance of her escape from Hyrule Castle.

She's the only one who knows what's really going on most of the time, when everyone else is either scrambling to fight the new villain on the block or just waiting for someone to save the day.

She's possessed and captured because she either allows herself to be for the greater good, or is incapable of fighting against a more powerful foe.

Doing what's right by the world and realising when you need to take a fall for it? That's wise from where I'm standing.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yes.

She willingly offers herself up to Zant in order to prevent the downfall of her kingdom, confident that her actions would buy the hero enough time to amass a resistance against the Twilight forces.

She's the only one who recognises Ganondorf as a man of wicked ambition and is pragmatic enough to warn Link well in advance of her escape from Hyrule Castle.

She's the only one who knows what's really going on most of the time, when everyone else is either scrambling to fight the new villain on the block or just waiting for someone to save the day.

She's possessed and captured because she either allows herself to be for the greater good, or is incapable of fighting against a more powerful foe.

Doing what's right by the world and realising when you need to take a fall for it? That's wise from where I'm standing.
Okay. I guess. Still weird to me that Ganondorf can do splits. I imagine him taking yoga classes from Wii Fit Trainer.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Seriously though.

We can't/shouldn't have Ganon because we have Ganondorf?

They'd share as much as :4zelda: does with her Ninja self :4sheik:
:4mario: with his Bad Self :4wario2: (oh puns).

They's both big and heavy, yes.

But does :4bowser:and :4dedede: play anywhere near the same?

Seriously, Ganon is the more abundantly present and arguably more iconic form of the Gerudo King who has been in double the damn games and has been on an upswing of usage (Nintendo Land's Attraction, Link Between Worlds) while :4ganondorf: hasn't been touched by Nintendo since Twilight Princess for the series.

And it certainly isn't like the series he comes from has gotten by with having multiple forms of the same character before. :4zelda::4sheik:
:4link::4tlink::younglinkmelee:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Okay. I guess. Still weird to me that Ganondorf can do splits. I imagine him taking yoga classes from Wii Fit Trainer.
You'd be surprised by what some people are capable of if you think its weird that Ganondorf can do the splits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom