• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While I don't believe in "retro" as a character archetype, in terms of characters that are essentially defined by their lack of recent appearances, Takamaru is the only newcomer I fancy.

If :pit: is anything to go by, even a single game's worth of abilities can translate into a decent moveset.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
While I don't believe in "retro" as a character archetype, in terms of characters that are essentially defined by their lack of recent appearances, Takamaru is the only newcomer I fancy.

If :pit: is anything to go by, even a single game's worth of abilities can translate into a decent moveset.
I'm still amazed that Sakurai came up with an entire moveset for Pit when the only thing he did was shoot arrows. I miss Pit's old side B, which is why I put it in my Goku moveset (SHAMELESS SELF PLUGS).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Takamaru is absolutely my first choice for any Retro character. I just wish they hadn't screwed him into AT status. Out of every disappointment from pre-release speculation, that pissed me off the most.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
:4villager:: Oh wow, really? That's awesome!
:4megaman:: I can't wait to see the fans' reaction to this.
:4wiifit:: ...Huh.
:rosalina:: THEY ADDED ROSALINA!? Awesome! You know, if she could get in, maybe he could...
:4littlemac:: Great!
:4greninja:: ...Mewtwo?
:4mii:: Guess they made it after all. That's pretty cool.
:4palutena:: Saw that coming. She looks pretty fun, though that leak is starting to look more and more real...
:4pacman:: Congratulations, Pacack!
:4lucina:: Well, this is probably going to be Shulk... Maybe it's time for me to forget about Rob- wait you're not Shulk...
:4robinm:: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I CANT BELEIVE THIS IS HAPPENING! IN YOUR FACE, GEMATSU ZEALOTS!
:4shulk:: Yay, Shulk!
:4bowserjr:: Another Mario character? Alright then. He's a great choice, at least.
:4duckhunt:: Aww, look at the widdle puppy!
:4mewtwo:: YES!
:4lucas:: Awesome, Lucas is back!
:4feroy:: And I thought four was a lot...
:4ryu:: Didn't see that coming. Looks pretty cool, though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Takamaru is absolutely my first choice for any Retro character. I just wish they hadn't screwed him into AT status. Out of every disappointment from pre-release speculation, that pissed me off the most.
Mine was Ridley...
Takamaru is great, I'm sure he'll get in the next game (he was almost put in the game but muhricans dont kno no Tekurmeru) I have one word for Sakurai, Internet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd rather Takamaru just get in next time. He'll get more attention that way, and would be all but guaranteed to get a stage, whereas with DLC it's more of a toss-up.

I think getting Goku (from Yuyuki) would be great, he'd make for a fun character in Smash, but I think my choice would be Sukapon. Unless we also got Rayman, then it'd feel a little redundant. And yeah he's probably not going to happen... but he's still more likely than Goku haha.

We could all use some Joy Mech Fight tunes...
<3

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
<3
Speaking of Joy Mech Fight. What the hell ever happened to Sukapon's popularity? I thought he was hugely requested in Japan way back when...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speaking of Joy Mech Fight. What the hell ever happened to Sukapon's popularity? I thought he was hugely requested in Japan way back when...
He was and then Sakurai said not to expect him in the future causing his popularity to steadily decrease since then.

He's still the most popular retro in Japan. Just a lot less popular than he used to be.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd rather Takamaru just get in next time. He'll get more attention that way, and would be all but guaranteed to get a stage, whereas with DLC it's more of a toss-up.

I think getting Goku (from Yuyuki) would be great, he'd make for a fun character in Smash, but I think my choice would be Sukapon. Unless we also got Rayman, then it'd feel a little redundant. And yeah he's probably not going to happen... but he's still more likely than Goku haha.
All you need to do is Bolieve. Goku will make it in one day. Who doesn't want a staff user (Real staff user no goddess twirl ****). Shaolin/bo style staff using with kung fu, rideable cloud, and transformations on a monkey. Great character potential right there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
All you need to do is Bolieve. Goku will make it in one day. Who doesn't want a staff user (Real staff user no goddess twirl ****). Shaolin/bo style staff using with kung fu, rideable cloud, and transformations on a monkey. Great character potential right there.
Transforms into a Monkey and rides a cloud?
I've got just the girl!

Burruni

Smash Hero
No, he IS a monkey, can transform into different animals (I used his friends for this move and its also from SMITE) and has a flying cloud. Not that he can transform into a monkey.
.....Well Shantae can still transform into various things other than a monkey.
My joke stands.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, but her monkey is just a phase. Goku is a real monkey. Plus monkey kung fu.

Shantae - "ITS NOT A PHASE DAD!"
Dad - "Yes it is, you're not a monkey."
Shantae - "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
Shantae's parents are dead.
Shantae is the new batman.
I welcome this change.
Edit: This makes Sky the new Robin.
And Risky the new Joker.
Even better.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, gonna go ahead and change topics...With Dreamland returning and both Hyrule and Peach's Castles being on the way...What stages are people interested/excited in seeing for DLC?
Let's talk about 'new' stages rather than old ones cuz then I'm sure we'll see lots of Saffron City, Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, etc...And perhaps some music to go with it, if you want!

I'd like to see these stages...
Personally, I'd like to see:

DK -
Gangplank Galleon (DKC) / The Flying Kroc (DKC2)
Probably more likely to be the former (especially since there's no signs of Pirate Ship coming back). Gangplank Galleon is extremely iconic and could include various K. Rool boss themes. As a bonus, its also the first world of DKC2, so it could fit both K. Rool and Dixie. Then again, so could The Flying Kroc, being the final boss battle, though I see it more as fighting on the roof of the Flying Kroc instead of inside it.

Zelda -
Sacred Grove (TP) / Sacred Forest Meadow (OOT[3D])
Mostly just want a forest-related stage since Zelda games so heavily focus on forests near the beginning of the game. Even in MM the first area you go to, the swamp, is also surrounding by a foresty area, and technically MM starts off in the Lost Woods.

Other: Golden Sun -
Venus Lighthouse / Elemental Stars Chamber (GS1)
Venus Lighthouse moreso, but Elemental Stars Chamber would also work well. The Lighthouses would be a great option, and all lighthouses look mostly the same anyway on the roof. Venus Lighthouse since its the climactic final dungeon of GS1, and also its the same element as every main character. Especially Isaac, of course.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

<3
I want Takamaru to get in next time instead of as DLC too, but under the idea that he should be reimagined like Pit in Brawl, and if he were added as DLC he'd likely be a spiced up version of the AT, and that is lame.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So guys, I wanna ask, what is you're preferred Nintendo Retro pick for the ballot. If any Nintendo retro newcomer was added. Mine is Goku, *Waits to hear angry people rioting outside my door*

from Yuyuki.
Stanley from Donkey Kong 3.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
These are the new stages I want, DLC or later:

:4mario: - Battle Theater (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
I want this stage almost as much as the character himself. It'd be super fun and interesting, with the curtains opening and closing to reveal changing backdrops, props, and hazards. The audience would interact too, throwing projectiles at bad or cheap Fighters while tossing helpful items to the winning ones. And it's more Paper Mario music who doesn't want that?

:4link: - Voyage of Time (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
A stage that transitions between a room from all six of the temples in Ocarina of Time - the battle chamber with Dark Link from Water Temple, and the ghost ship of the Shadow Temple being examples. Each Temple transitions with a corresponding Ocarina warp song.

I also liked the idea of a Forest stage like @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said.

:4bowser: - Bowser's Castle (Mario)
This stage is long overdue. Lava, thwomps, fireballs, LASERS, and ****ing awesome Bowser music galore. Make it happen Sakurai.

That's it really. The rest of the stages I want are either past/version exclusive (Pirate Ship, Hanenbow, etc) or are tied directly to a character I want (Urchin Underpass, Queen Zenobia from Resident Evil, etc).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Stanley from Donkey Kong 3.
Oh yeah, that guy exists.
What are you talking about?
He's a stage hazard in that new Greenhouse stage that Tower of Smash leaked, just like Impa, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Ridley being playable!

Jesus I feel sorry for the guy who made that long ass leak to be shut down like a week later because of Orbital Gate & Gamer

But stages I want to see?
:4mario:: Bowser's Castle.
:4kirby:: Extra Dimension.
:4dk:: Gangplank Galleon
:4ness:: New Pork City
4Isaac: Elemental Lighthouses (works like Kalos League)
4Inkling: Inkopolis

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What are you talking about?
He's a stage hazard in that new Greenhouse stage that Tower of Smash leaked, just like Impa, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Ridley being playable!

Jesus I feel sorry for the guy who made that long *** leak to be shut down like a week later because of Orbital Gate & Gamer
That's what he gets for trying to fool us with that "leak".

RIP Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

smashbroslegacy

Smash Rookie
Technically, Sonic and Mega Man are both platformers. So the "genre not yet repped" isn't exactly a set criteria, though that could apply.
Platforming is probably one the most recognized gaming genres in gaming.( Hence why it has many platformers in the game.) While it's true that they rep a genre thats already represented they've made sub genre of the respective genre. Sonic represents the speed platforming (attempted by many but not quite the overall success i.e bubsy) and megaman represents the action platforming unique to only a couple of series( but again not the same sucess as him)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
:4villager: - Oh man He looks pretty neat to play as
:4megaman:- Hooooooooooooooly
:4wiifit:- Ahahaha, Oh man,I am MAINING you
:rosalina:- WHAT, WHAT Ooooooooooh~
:4littlemac:- Oh Hey I was watching Game Grumps play you yesterday, you are short... and powerful
:4greninja:- Holy **** I saw a Swirlix I was already pretty happy but you are neat too even though I didn't pick you in either X or Y
:4mii:- Now That works waaaaaaay better than my idea(Use any combination of characters moves)
:4palutena:- Ugh, you are... Not Ridley, I guess you were expected but c'mon where's the big guy, please don't let them do something stupid with him (How Innocent andUn-broken I was)
:4pacman:- Okay yeah, I guess, you're pretty fun looking
:4lucina: - IN YOUR GODDAMN FACE GEMATSU
:4robinm:- Ooooh Yes, YOU look fun to play as, kinda wish they would make :4robinf:less of an afterthought but still
:4shulk:- *** *** ***** **** *** **** **** ******* ********* ******* **** *** *** * I love you but *** *** **** **** the *** *** *** *** **** Leak was godamn Real
:4darkpit:- RIDLEY ISN'T PLAYABLE BUT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE ARE, *** YOU YOU HOT TOPIC LOVING *****
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:- Okay you seem pretty fun ,that's a really interesting moveset. And all The Koopalings, NICE!
:4duckhunt:- I never knew I wanted you, let me pet your belly
:4ryu:- Wow, he seems not as bland as I thought he would

As you can see I might have gotten slightly mad that they punched me in the heart by butchering Ridley by making him a godamn out of character, waste of time and a worthless piece of sTAGE TRASH FODDER FOR THE ST̒̈̓҉̟̝͔͓̟͙͓Ṵ̢̦̹̳̬̹̭̎̍͌̓͒͒͗͝P̛͋ͯ̏̑̌͏̭̜̫̲̟͕͙̗̤Ỉ͇̻̙̺̟̖͇̼͕̓͊͌ͧ͛̊͟D̶͔̥̝̿ͨ͐ͥ͒̄̿͛͂̀Ĭ̼̲͓̐ͬͫ̈̄͞E̱̖̎̿̀̓̇̔́͟S̡͇̲̯͚̦̺͛̃̎͞ͅͅT͔͉̋ͤ ̢̱̲̫̜̈́͋P̷̙̭̗̼̐̏͊̒ͬ̍ͧͥ͜O̍̌̓ͦͮ̿͗̓҉͖͔͢S̰̪̮͇̱̄̆ͨ̊̂Š͏̥̻̰͓̤̦̗͞Ī̡̫̦ͫ͐ͨ̈́̈́ͥ̋̚͢B̛̤̙̻̟̹͎̻͒̓̐̑͂ͅL̖̻̬̦̭̼̞͓̬̈́ͥ͡E͇̜͔ͫ͑ͬ̇ͬͥ͑͟ ̬̜̤̻̯ͣ̽̅R̓͛͊̾͊҉̯̬͕̹̖̤ͅË́͌͏̬͇Ą͂̑͏̮͇͇ͅS̫̫͈͎͉̾͛ͫ͑ͧƠ̪͇̠ͦ̓̅̄ͯ̍͑N̸ͮ͒͂̍̈́͒̀͛҉̼̦͇̗̦̮͕̳̟S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚S̨͎̹̻̩̞ͩ̑̐̽ͬ͌̒̀̚

No, No I'm calm, I'm fine, just... lost my cool there for a moment is all, I like the Roster

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No love for Excitebike?

"Duh you doofus, Excitebike isn't retro because it had spinoff a like Excite Trick and Excitebits. Thus making it a new series than a retro series."

This is practically the Dragon Buster situation all over again.

Troykv

Smash Master
:4villager:: What? Well, his moves are really funny xD
:4megaman:: HORY SHET! IS MEGAMAN! MEGAMAN! FREAKING MEGAMAN!
:4wiifit:: HAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh seriously... the people get salty with everything... this character is actually hilarious and has a great potential xD
:rosalina:: Kirby Air Ride? Mario Kart? Luma?... Oh wow, is Rosalina!? Hey! The moveset idea looks cool.
:4littlemac:: This one of the fews characters that I actually expect in this game... and I love it.
:4greninja:: Expected... But arrives in a really troll way... hahaha.
:4mii:: Expected... Is cool the idea.
:4palutena:: Expected... Looks really powerful that booty
:4pacman:: Expected... I approve him :p
:4lucina:: Eh? I expect some Fire Emblem Awakening Character... But her? Is she a Marth Clone?
:4robinm:: Okay, HE is the actual New Fire Emblem Character (Lucina is a filler... and I'm one of the fews that believes that Fire Emblem has 4 Characters plus a random filler), oh Sakurai... you really surprise me (I did have problems think about what charater he could choose), I'm don't a particulary fan of this game... but I find the gimmick a cool idea... I'm a Fire Emblem fan :p
:4shulk:: I'M REALLY FEELING IT... (No a super hype, but that simple phrase was cool xD)
:4darkpit:: Eh? Okay... He is like Lucina... a filler character in last minute... I'm okay with him.
:4bowserjr:: Wow... The Car... I don't really expect this... is awesome
:4duckhunt:: THE ULTIMATE TROLL IS HERE HAHAHAHAHAHA

:4ryu:: I'm don't exactly a Street Fighter fan... But I LOVE the idea to see him in Smash... And his moveset... complex but really awesome *w*

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
No love for Excitebike?

"Duh you doofus, Excitebike isn't retro because it had spinoff a like Excite Trick and Excitebits. Thus making it a new series than a retro series."

This is practically the Dragon Buster situation all over again.
Excitebike all the way. All though I don't want him as much as Goku, Donbe and Hikari, and Star Man from Pro Wrestling. Weird thing is, I own all 4 of those threads.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well I want to reactions as well

:4villager:... Living with Tom Nook does strange things to a man
:4megaman: Holy god, YES!
:4wiifit:Makes sense

:rosalina: Nice

:4littlemac: Makes sense, wait he can jump through attacks?

:4greninja: ... You're not Mewtwo...Why aren't you Mewtwo?

:4mii::4miif: Saw that coming

:4palutena: lol okay, I like her Uprising was fun, *sees :4darkpit: in the background "Oh that was cute maybe he'll be a costume..."

:4pacman: LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:4lucina: An anime waifu? Oh look Captain Falcon

:4robinm::4robinf: They look cool, its nice to see something a little more flavorful from the FE cast. Wait, oh no, is Ness gone?

:4shulk:Welp the leaks were real

:4darkpit: ... Welp that's a slot wasted, Sakurai, why?

:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: Oh... That's very nice, very nice indeed

:4duckhunt: Oh I'm playing you

:4ryu: Leak spoiled it but.. wow the inputs though, very nice.

:4mewtwo: OOOOOOOOOH YESSS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WRRRRRRRY

Fights:4feroy: "Oh he can't reach me " * Gets touched badly "Ha I can launch him now" *Falls back to the stage
"My god he's fat"

Fights :4lucas: "Ha you're not Ness, your throw won't do a thing * Gets poked by the up smash "Team rocket is
blasting off again."

Gets good with :4mewtwo: Now I have become death destroyer of worlds

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Am I late for the "characters I recognized" thing? Oh well. This is based on the time of reveal/unlocking in Smash.

Played their games:
:mario64::yoshi64::dk64::kirby64::link64::pikachu64::gawmelee::sonic::4pacman:
Knew of them:
:samus64::fox64::snake::warioc::pit::rob::olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4megaman::4littlemac::4shulk::4ryu:
Unknown:
:ness64::falcon64::icsmelee::marthmelee:

As of now, I've played games from the Metroid, Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, AC, Mega Man, and Xenoblade franchises. I actually had no idea who Mega Man was until I saw people requesting him for Brawl, but I knew of Snake and Ryu before seing them in Smash. I also played the Game & Watch Gallery games growing up, so G&W in Melee was the highlight of that game.

[collapse=Newcomer reactions]
:4villager:Called it.
:4megaman:Trailer was awesome looking, he's pretty neat.
:4wiifit:(After the laughter of Link and Kirby doing yoga) ...Wait, what? Are you serious?
:rosalina:Why is Nintendo shoving her in everything? Poor Toad.
:4littlemac:Wow, he actually made it.
:4greninja:I don't even care about Mewtwo and I don't like this.
:4mii:Predicted almost to the very last detail.
:4palutena:Lady Palutena! Finally someone I care about!
:4pacman:PAC-MAN! YES YES YES!
:4robinm:One of the most hype trailers if only for Captain Falcon wrecking Chrom. Robin is the best FE choice too.
:4lucina:But then they killed it with an even worse choice than Chrom. She's a clone though so it doesn't matter.
:4shulk:That accent is amazing, I need to main him. And I did.
:4bowserjr:Wait, Shulk means... well, there's Scrappy Jr. At least I don't have to look at him, there's Wendy and Ludwig.
:4duckhunt:I really don't care for the game at all, but I love the idea of the fourth wall breaking shooter.
:4darkpit:Tryhard Pit, not actually that bad, but his arrows are too stiff. Can we get Viridi now?
:4mewtwo:DLC hype. Snake, Snake, Snaaake!
:4lucas:No crying until the end... Snake is closer.
:4feroy:My boy! Still waiting, Snake.
:4ryu:I like Ryu because he spits in the face of almost every Snake argument ever.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie
Alright so Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U was the first to introduce DLC to the game which includes characters such as Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu. I want them to include more DLC as time goes on. Here's my list of recommended future DLC characters for this game-
1 Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers).
2 Birdo (Super Mario Bros 2).
3 Donkey Kong Jr (Donkey Kong Jr).
4 King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country).
5 Wart (Super Mario Bros 2).
6 Tatanga (Super Mario Land).
7 Daisy (Super Mario Land).
8 Professor E Gadd (Luigi's Mansion).
9 Black Mage (Final Fantasy).
10 Bomberman (Bomberman).
11 White Mage (Final Fantasy).
12 Dr Eggman (Sonic).
13 Dr Wily (Megaman).
14 Zero (Megaman).
15 Bass (Megaman).
16 Tron and Servbot (Megaman).
17 Scorpion (Mortal Kombat).
18 Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat).
19 Raiden (Mortal Kombat).
20 Jago (Killer Instinct).
21 Orchid (Killer Instinct).
22 Riptor (Killer Instinct).
23 Snake (Metal Gear Solid).
24 Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe).
25 Evil Ryu (Street Fighter).
26 Chun Li (Street Fighter).
27 Akuma (Street Fighter).
28 Amaterasu (Okami).
29 Dig Dug (Dig Dug).
30 Ms PAC Man ( Ms PAC Man).
31 Jr PAC Man (Jr PAC Man).
32 Cat and Mouse (Mappy).
That's all the recommended DLC that I have listed for now. Any thoughts on this? If so then please post them here.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Wow, what an ambitious list. I'd have to say that I can't expect EVERYONE on the list to be added, but it certainly seems like a pretty acurate prediction. I can't wait to see how close you are when all the DLC comes out (which will probably never happen for a long time).

But still, being the Isaac fanboy I am, I wish he got put on the list. I think he's a fairly likely candidate.

Last edited:

POKEGAMERZ

Smash Rookie
Wow, what an ambitious list. I'd have to say that I can't expect EVERYONE on the list to be added, but it certainly seems like a pretty acurate prediction. I can't wait to see how close you are when all the DLC comes out (which will probably never happen for a long time).

But still, being the Isaac fanboy I am, I wish he got put on the list. I think he's a fairly likely candidate.
I expect most of these characters to be DLC for SSB for 3DS/Wii U.

D

Deleted member

.....thanks for putting the image of Snake being like one of those venom-spitting snakes in my head.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Out of interest, which newcomers in this iteration did you support during speculation?

:4bowserjr: Never even crossed my mind as a viable candidate, much less the Koopalings
:4darkpit: I figured he'd appear in some capacity, especially after Palutena's trailer, though I expected him to be an alt
:4duckhunt: Never once even thought of 'em
:4greninja: Definitely expected a Gen 6 Pokémon, though I was more so thinking Kalos Pokémon Trainer, and didn't really have much interest in it either way
:4littlemac: Thought he had a good chance and really wanted to see him
:4lucina: Never considered
:4megaman: Never considered
:4mii: Expected (though not as they turned out), had tepid interest
:4palutena: My most-wanted newcomer, full stop
:4pacman: Expected, and again had tepid interest
:4robinm: I definitely thought Chrom was the most viable candidate, though I did really like the idea of Robin (though I thought they'd be called "Avatar")
:rosalina: Didn't really think of her or have more than mild interest
:4ryu: Never considered
:4shulk: Didn't want him at all, due to my ignorance of his character
:4villager: Never considered
:4wiifit: Who honestly saw this coming or supported it unironically?

Aside from that, the only other character I really wanted was Wonder Red. I guess I got what I wanted in the end!
:4bowserjr: Expected, but hated. Turned out as one of my favourite newcomers.
:4ludwig:Supported ironically, figured he'd never get in but was always my favourite Koopaling. Ludwig was the only supported one though.
:4darkpit: Figured he'd be an alt to Pit as he'd be redundant as a fighter in his own right.
:4duckhunt: Actually supported. My most wanted retro thanks to Arcadenik. Figured he'd have no chance. Glad I was wrong.
:4greninja: Nope. Had no idea.
:4littlemac: Only predicted due to Smashboards hype. Was not interested. Turned out really fun.
:4lucina: Thought she was the least likely of the Fire Emblem choices(The Awakening trio and Roy). Viewed her as a joke suggestion.
:4megaman: Expected him in. Never cared for Megaman personally.
:4mii: Expected, but like others didn't expect them in 'that' way.
:4palutena: Expected but didn't want. Was still disappointed.
:4pacman: Expected and supported. Rare. Happy with the result even if he's different from how I imagined him.
:4robinm:Hoped s/he'd get in over Chrom and Lucina. Great addition even if I'm useless with them.
:rosalina:Viewed her like most people view Daisy these days. Definitely didn't expect over Jr. Hoped not over Toad. Was wrong on both accounts.
:4ryu:Liked but figured Megaman killed his chances.
:4shulk: Didn't even know.
:4villager: Expected some kind of AC character. Was not disappointed.
:4wiifit: Obviously didn't see coming. That was her whole schtick. Still is really.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wii Fit Trainer is the new ROB lol. Everyone seems to hate her but she's probably coming back for Smash 5. I personally don't like playing her (no range like at all) but I want her back for the next game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wii Fit Trainer is the new ROB lol. Everyone seems to hate her but she's probably coming back for Smash 5. I personally don't like playing her (no range like at all) but I want her back for the next game.
Outside of the clone newcomers I think everyone should stay.
Love how no one pointed out I didn't mention Dark Pit earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom