• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Someone say a "Red mage"? oh... too late, I'm that guy that likes have magicians with offensive and supporting abilities xD

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man the conference was bad, I just keep going over it in my head and I don't understand. Even if the Wii U is on it way out, at least try to keep the faith the loyalist. I am so salty about animal crossing and metroid, both were really big trolls and who thought that was a good idea? Who? Mother of god, the only things there were things we knew about and Star Fox which looks weird and unpolished.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I really hope that doesn't become a "rule". It probably will though. :glare:
Honestly, I doubt it. I was just being a knob. I don't expect a second representative from any other company, besides....like....Nintendo. They might be important enough.

Man the conference was bad, I just keep going over it in my head and I don't understand. Even if the Wii U is on it way out, at least try to keep the faith the loyalist. I am so salty about animal crossing and metroid, both were really big trolls and who thought that was a good idea? Who? Mother of god, the only things there were things we knew about and Star Fox which looks weird and unpolished.
Groan everyone is so pissy about the presentation. Metroid was poorly times but from what I hear, it could actually be pretty cool. Animal Crossing was made for these spin-offs, I'm surprised they didn't come sooner. The rest was just alright. We get **** revealed all year, this shouldn't be surprising.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
They originally said it was surprising you didn't say anything about Paper Jam before being chastised by another user because you previously said you don't wish to speak on the matter yet, or something to that effect.
On E3 day, I said I just wanted to let the day go and relax because it was too hectic.

But now, my analysis is done already, here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...l-game-paper-jam.324473/page-54#post-19440690

Btw, it's false, I was like too much busy to talk about it, it took the whole day of being active and seriously, it even became to a point when it was hard to manage.

So, I already said A LOT about paper jam, in fact, I have been hyping myself a lot because of how much love the series get and how Paper Mario is now his own character.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Groan everyone is so pissy about the presentation.
yeah because it was lackluster
Metroid was poorly times but from what I hear, it could actually be pretty cool.
There are many things I could say but I will only say this. Where's Samus?

Animal Crossing was made for these spin-offs, I'm surprised they didn't come sooner. The rest was just alright. We get **** revealed all year, this shouldn't be surprising.
That's true but we got not one but two spin-offs and at a time when everyone wanted a Wii U version, its a horrible shame that they chose to release a Wii U spin off before or even in place of a traditional entry on the Wii U. We get stuff revealed all year, this is true, but E3 is a big deal, one of the if not the biggest deal for video games out of the year. Therefore to come up short at E3 is well, disappointing.[/quote]

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
She is confirmed to make an appearance.
Yeah I know, but she's not the main character, which for me, that's a problem. Could you imagine a Kirby game where you don't play as Kirby? Or a Pokemon game without Pokemon? It may be great, but at first glance, all I can says is "Shoot bangs, will not play"

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah I know, but she's not the main character, which for me, that's a problem. Could you imagine a Kirby game where you don't play as Kirby? Or a Pokemon game without Pokemon? It may be great, but at first glance, all I can says is "Shoot bangs, will not play"
So I guess you've never heard of Luigi's Mansion or Diddy Kong Racing or Knuckles Chaotix or... I could go on.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So I guess you've never heard of Luigi's Mansion or Diddy Kong Racing or Knuckles Chaotix or... I could go on.
But see that's different.

Luigi's Mansion
Diddy Kong Racing
Knuckles Chaotix

All of these are named after the character who is the star of the game which let's you know, "Oh this game stars blank and is not about blank"

Then we have the new Metroid, see stop right there the moment Metroid is in the title you associate that with Samus no one else.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But see that's different.

Luigi's Mansion
Diddy Kong Racing
Knuckles Chaotix

All of these are named after the character who is the star of the game and all of these aren't traditional entries to the franchise.

Then we have Metroid, see stop right there the moment Metroid is in the title you associate that with Samus no one else.
The game isn't called Samus now is it?

Pakky

Smash Hero
The game isn't called Samus now is it?
"Then we have Metroid, see stop right there the moment Metroid is in the title you associate that with Samus no one else."

I know that and said that...

There's even the ongoing joke of calling Samus Metroid.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Last time I checked, Metroid is not Samus.
Who do you associate Metroid with?
That's like calling something Star Fox and it's about following the adventures of some scrubs in the Cornerian Army

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
A game series. It's not a "who."
Well that applies to everything, but come on now. You know when there is Metroid game you automatically put Samus's face to it.

That's just like when you see the title Street Fighter, you think of Ryu. Now imagine a Street fighter game where Ryu was absent from the roster and was reduced to a background character. Capcom would be burned down the night of the announcement.

Even with the subtitle like "Federation Force"; it still doesn't clarify anything, because Samus has worked for the Galactic Federation before.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't agree at all. There are numerous examples of games that exclude their series' main protagonist or put them in a supporting role. If you have arbitrary rules for why those don't apply, that's on you.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't agree at all. There are numerous examples of games that exclude their series' main protagonist or put them in a supporting role. If you have arbitrary rules for why those don't apply, that's on you.
Well we can agree to disagree. And there are games like that (Pikmin 3 kind of applies) but this game but this game doesn't make that clear. Nor is it particularly appealing. And then they have the nerve to put "Prime" in the title, jeez, but okay.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Say hello to the ultimate Third Party Rep! Mama joins the battle and she would fix your face if you think about messing up her cooking. How this sweet little lady isn't getting that much support is beyond me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Samus is technically a Metroid in Fusion....jus saying....

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm really disappointed with this petition bullsh*t...

Is this game a good idea for a franchise that needs a bigger boost than most? No it isn't...but a lot of these reactions are completely unwarranted...I pretty much agree with this dude since it is up to you to buy the game or not...If it doesn't sell then Nintendo will know they screwed up...overall this game just has some terrible timing since this is the kind of game you would release while things are consistent for the franchise, but overall people need to chill out and mull things over before jumping the gun...

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm really disappointed with this petition bullsh*t...

Is this game a good idea for a franchise that needs a bigger boost than most? No it isn't...but a lot of these reactions are completely unwarranted...I pretty much agree with this dude since it is up to you to buy the game or not...If it doesn't sell then Nintendo will know they screwed up...overall this game just has some terrible timing since this is the kind of game you would release while things are consistent for the franchise, but overall people need to chill out and mull things over before jumping the gun...
I admit I'm just getting into metroid with my purchase of Metroid prime. 3

However, I agree, I'm not buying the game and I too am a bit disappointed in the petition. My point stands when you call something "Metroid Prime" you expect to be in the role of Samus doing something, based on all the other "prime games" having you behind the role of Samus.

Based on the subtitle one might think she's working directly in line with the federation and the player will have take out a specified target specified by the federation as Samus.

Not this.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Frankly, the fan rule that Ryu broke was the whole tirade of, " THEY HAVE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH NINTENDO!!!"
Didn't Snake already break that rule?

Also, fanrules were made to be broken. There used to be a fanrule that only iconic Nintendo characters could get into Smash, that obv isn't true anymore (nor was it true in the first place).
You would of thought the moment Ness showed up that would of gone out the window. If not then, at least when Ice Climbers and, as much as I like him, Roy showed up in Melee.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think there are a great many flaws with how Federation Force was handled and revealed, but those petitioning for its cancellation are just being babies.

If you don't enjoy it that's one thing but you shouldn't deprive someone else who actually might be looking forward to the game the chance to play it just because you don't like it. How selfish can you be?

Why someone else would be looking forward to playing it is another issue entirely, but that's besides the point. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I could see a Meta Knight or King Dedede spin off happening.
I'd buy the Hell out of either of them, honestly. Seriously though, a game about either of their backstories would be great. How did Metaknight become a master swordsman? How did Dedede become king (yes, I'm aware he appointed himself but how did he get his huge following and his castle)?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'd buy the Hell out of either of them, honestly. Seriously though, a game about either of their backstories would be great. How did Metaknight become a master swordsman? How did Dedede become king (yes, I'm aware he appointed himself but how did he get his huge following and his castle)?
Bandana Dee & King Dedede game.
Bro-Op of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom