• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bandana Dee & King Dedede game.
Bro-Op of the highest order.
I think a Dedede game similar to Pikmin or Fire Emblem would be hilarious, where Dedede is kind of a deadbeat general and slowly amasses an army that quietly resents him. I feel like the only reason people even follow him is because of how absurdly strong he is (I think people did figurative calculations on the weight of his hammer and concluded that it would be around 200 pounds if Dedede was the size of an actual person).

D

Deleted member

I could see a Meta Knight or King Dedede spin off happening.
Considering Meta Knightmare (and Meta Knightmare Ultra) and Dededetour exist (also Dedede's Drum Dash, but I won't count that), I'd say the next step is making full spin-offs.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I could see a Meta Knight or King Dedede spin off happening.
Yeah but they wouldn't be Kirby games though. They would have completely different mechanics that would cater to the abilities of either Dedede or Meta Knight, which are vastly different from Kirby's.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For Metaknight, I'd like them to go back to a format like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I loved that game but it's kind of turned into a cult classic because it didn't click with a lot of mainstream Kirby fans. It was actually challenging and the Metroidvania stage layout was a really nice change of pace.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think a Dedede game similar to Pikmin or Fire Emblem would be hilarious, where Dedede is kind of a deadbeat general and slowly amasses an army that quietly resents him. I feel like the only reason people even follow him is because of how absurdly strong he is (I think people did figurative calculations on the weight of his hammer and concluded that it would be around 200 pounds if Dedede was the size of an actual person).
This would be amazing.

Just 200 pounds? Even with all the mech stuff inside?

Then think about masked Dedede where the hammer is even bigger, jeez is he's amazing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Okay dlc test day for me

Just got a $50 eshop card today

Using this for todays and future dlc characters and stages (wii u only for stages.) (characters for both versions.)

D

Deleted member

Apparently there's a Federation ****up leak that mentions a **** ton of stuff but says Ridley from ZM is returning. I'd like to see that as a boss in Smash 3DS, handheld title and all
.....why would this:

be in Federation Force as opposed to Meta Ridley or Omega Ridley (depending on where the game fits in the chronology)?

That makes little sense.

Pakky

Smash Hero
.....why would this:

be in Federation Force as opposed to Meta Ridley or Omega Ridley (depending on where the game fits in the chronology)?

That makes little sense.
Because Nintendo doesn't give a damn.

Yes that was a reactionary response, but it might as well be true at this point.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
.....why would this:

That makes little sense.
I could have sworn I typed Mecha Ridley damn it!
http://i.imgur.com/JMDJwPA.png
Brad's Linkedin was taked down, Douglas' Linkedin shows NLG, this was before Samus and missions were confirmed in the recent interviews iirc

D

Deleted member

Because Nintendo doesn't give a damn.

Yes that was a reactionary response, but it might as well be true at this point.
Don't even start.

I'm rather tired of all the incessant whining and complaining that's been going on since E3, and I won't tolerate people using whatever I say as an excuse to whine and complain some more.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Here's a question to provoke conversation (interesting or otherwise):

If you could go back in time to any instance before the release of Smash 4, what would you tell yourself about this game's roster?

I'd go back to 2008 and tell myself, "See that angel? The one with the naff haircut and personality of a wet brick? Yeah, you're gonna main him in six years."

Don't even start.

I'm rather tired of all the incessant whining and complaining that's been going on since E3, and I won't tolerate people using whatever I say as an excuse to whine and complain some more.
Okay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could have sworn I typed Mecha Ridley damn it!
Brad's Linkedin was taked down, Douglas' Linkedin shows NLG, this was before Samus and missions were confirmed in the recent interviews iirc
Oh, Mecha-Ridley.

That'd be interesting, but still wouldn't make a lot of sense considering it was an unfinished prototype that got destroyed.

Unless one of the side-projects to Meta Ridley for the Space Pirates was Mecha-Ridley.

EDIT:
Or....we're finally seeing this in action:

People often mistake this for a beta design of Omega Ridley, but its filename was "Mecha Ridley"....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh, Mecha-Ridley.

That'd be interesting, but still wouldn't make a lot of sense considering it was an unfinished prototype that got destroyed.

Unless one of the side-projects to Meta Ridley for the Space Pirates was Mecha-Ridley.
Metroid makes absolute zero (mission) sense, how can a little girl be infused with bird dna and not get bird-like appendages or traits during puberty?
Don't even start.

I'm still salty, but that leak and the fact it's going to help Prime 4 are making me give it a shot

If you could go back in time to any instance before the release of Smash 4, what would you tell yourself about this game's roster?

I'd go back to 2008 and tell myself, "See that angel? The one with the naff haircut and personality of a wet brick? Yeah, you're gonna main him in six years."

Okay.
"Your favourite character will be a British man in nothing but his undies"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Okay.
Everyone is going to believe that Toon Link is the most likely cut within the first few months, but don't worry. Your Brawl boy is coming safely home right on time to celebrate Wind Waker HD. ^^

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Don't even start.

See now I have to. You know this is ridiculous, but the new info does make things a little better but still. The lack of explanation on Nintendo's part is just trite.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Don't even start.

You must be some good cheese
if that many people use you to go for with their WHINE

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'd go back to just after Brawl's release and say
"Your mains in the next game will be two characters that haven't even been seen yet but they're from 2 games you absolutely love."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See now I have to. You know this is ridiculous, but the new info does make things a little better but still. The lack of explanation on Nintendo's part is just trite.
You don't have to do anything. You can just not respond to my post with your displeasure when my post is not asking for it nor is within the proper context.

You must be some good cheese
if that many people use you to go for with their WHINE

....you win.

Pakky

Smash Hero
You don't have to do anything.
I don't have to but I want to and I'm pretty much done. Nintendo fumbled a great deal for no real reason really. If they knew they didn't have anything they should have just packaged the smash direct within the E3 presentation. They could have saved that Mario anniversary thing for later or put that in place of the smash direct they had on sunday, but they didn't and this is where we are.

Fin

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This man and Gordon Ramsey need to team up while people have to cook and sing for them
You know how third party ATs don't make much sense? Shadow instead of Tails, Elec Man instead of Proto Man or Bass, Ghosts instead of a friendly face from the other Pac-Man games. Who would you do for Ryu? Can't remember her name, but that Korean lesbian from SF4. Just for giggles. Also name choices for third party ATs from franchises you want. How about Branson if Shantae gets in? "I HAVE THE ADVANTAGE!"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
.....why would this:

That makes little sense.
Federation Force takes place after Metroid 2, so Meta Ridley wouldn't work.

Nonetheless, it's a leak, so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Edit: Oh, it was MechaRidley, nevermind then.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ghosts instead of a friendly face from the other Pac-Man games. Who would you do for Ryu? Can't remember her name, but that Korean lesbian from SF4.
You are such a teenage girl...

THERE ARE NO FRIENDLY FACES FROM CLASSIC PAC-MAN!

WHO WOULD BE IN PLACE OF THE GHOSTS? MS.PACMAN?? REALLY? OH YEAH FORGET THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE THINGS FROM THE SERIES,NO LET's PICK SOME BUM NO ONE CARES ABOUT. SERIOUSLY?

Oh Juri's a lesbian now? How?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Okay.
D'awww, your wish is a Mario character.
You'll get 10. :4lemmy: <--Yes including this guy.

D

Deleted member

Here's something I don't have to do but want to now in response to the complaints.

If people are wise, they would not engage. I'm prepared to chew anyone out at this point.

Federation Force takes place after Metroid 2, so Meta Ridley wouldn't work.

Nonetheless, it's a leak, so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Edit: Oh, it was MechaRidley, nevermind then.
Note how he said the game takes place between II and Super Metroid "as the other Primes did".
The other Primes had been previously stated to be between Zero Mission and II.

Either he made an error with the timeline placement and Federation Force is between Zero Mission and II or he's now establishing that the Prime games come after II.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

WHO WOULD BE IN PLACE OF THE GHOSTS? MS.PACMAN?? REALLY?

WTF do you mean with 'such a teenage girl'?When I said 'other games' I meant from stuff like Pac-Man World, and I remember Juri's Japanese profile saying she like girls

I unblocked you because I thought 'maybe blocking someone based on their idiotic logic about Pokemon was dumb'. Congratulations, you're officially a moron!

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

WHO WOULD BE IN PLACE OF THE GHOSTS? MS.PACMAN?? REALLY? OH YEAH FORGET THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE THINGS FROM THE SERIES,NO LET's PICK SOME BUM NO ONE CARES ABOUT. SERIOUSLY?

Ok, here's something I shouldn't do. But want to.

THE ONLY BUM NO ONE CARES ABOUT IS YOU.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Okay.
I would go back to the day before E3 2013 and say "Mewtwo is going to be in even if you think he's not."

The pacman ghosts were like. . .the most logical pac man AT :/

Also if you're going to talk about a leak at least link the whole thing instead of giving it piecemeal. Its why when i linked it i put all of the possible info. :p

remember this is a leak and can very well be false

https://archive.moe/v/thread/298802304/#298802891

leak claims another 3ds metroid is in development

stole a tldr from here
http://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/3aao9r/rumour_semiconfirmed_nlg_insider_leaks/
So tl;dr.

Person claiming to be insider (likely Brad Maxim, Level Designer for Next Level Games as he quickly pulled his Linkdin page minutes after being called out on 4chan) started leaking Federation Force information that lined up with what we later saw at Treehouse and heard in interviews today.

• Game had Metroid Prime slapped on it at the last minute was named "Metroid: Federation Force".
  • Was thrown in the direct last minute as filler since they wanted Metroid anything in it.
  • Samus based 3DS game in development, uses similar Chibi style and this game acts as a sort of companion too it. (less chibi though)
  • Samus based Metroid Game is not being made first party, but second party developer.
  • Federation Force features different guns, some you choose at the start of missions, others you find through the battlefield. Shotgun, Heavy Machine Gun, Semi Auto.
  • Samus shows up several times in Federation Force but doesn't really have much bearing on anything.
  • Game has lockon system similar to Prime
  • Samus is taller than the Feds
  • Single player has bots take control of the other characters.
  • Game is far more expansive than the trailer shows, though it's a level based game and has very little exploration.
  • Mecha Ridley is in the game.
  • Blastball may be sold standalone as well on the Eshop
  • Missions are the worst part, Campaign is fun.
  • You can choose skills based on how you play to customize yourself. (Shield if you want to tank for example)
i purposely only posted it to the leak thread and ridley thead because it wasnt really relevant to character discussion but if its being disscussed i have to post the whole story.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Metal Face gif.gif

Seriously. Calm down there. No need to get worked up over something so meaningless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The pacman ghosts were like. . .the most logical pac man AT :/

Also if you're going to talk about a leak at least link the whole thing instead of giving it piecemeal. Its why when i linked it i put all of the possible info. :p
I expected a Pac-Man World thing personally because of his design. The trailer that showed the design proved me wrong but eh.

But I'm lazy!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
To be honest I expected a Pac-Man world style moveset.
Nice to see they got creative with it instead of that (even if I would've preferred a World moveset because "muh nostalgia" Of Pac-Man World 1 and 2)

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Note how he said the game takes place between II and Super Metroid "as the other Primes did".
The other Primes had been previously stated to be between Zero Mission and II.

Either he made an error with the timeline placement and Federation Force is between Zero Mission and II or he's now establishing that the Prime games come after II.
Fair enough, though the third option does exist that Federation Force takes place after II and for some reason he associated the other Primes with it. Either way, it wouldn't be the first time someone screwed up a fact like that in an interview.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Okay.
"Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are not going to be garbage. You can ENJOY this game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom