• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love it when people say we shouldn't put so much stock into Wolf when there's literally no valid argument against him.
If he wasn't in Brawl and was hence a newcomer, he would still be highly requested. Especially after Starfox Wii U was announced and he was confirmed to be in it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The only character I have confidence is Wolf. Lucas and Roy are the only Japan Only characters, so I think Sakurai put them at the bottom of priority. Since they have come back along with Dr. Mario and Mewtwo, I think Sakurai will do everything he can to bring back Ice Climbers and Wolf. I could very well see Pokemon Trainer coming back next time, and am under the impression characters were apart (ZSS/Samus Shiek/Zelda Charizard/PKMN) because of the 3DS's limitations.

Also in terms of SE reps, it should be Crono or Neku. Crono I believe is the most recognizable, and has one of the most popular SNES games ever. Neku is a DS-exclusive character, who needs a new game.
You forgot.
The worst PR move SE has ever done.

TWEWY isn't DS-exclusive anymore.

D

Deleted member

I love it when people say we shouldn't put so much stock into Wolf when there's literally no valid argument against him.
If he wasn't in Brawl and was hence a newcomer, he would still be highly requested. Especially after Starfox Wii U was announced and he was confirmed to be in it.
To be fair, if he was a newcomer, he may actually have legitimate competition in Slippy.
Not joking.

But, he's a veteran. Which puts him above anyone else. :p

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Metroid fans, I have come up with a terrific idea that would please all of you! Why not a six headed character consisting of Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, Sylux, Rhundas, and Anthony? It could fly because of Ridley but couldn't fly very well because of the other characters holding it down. It could also use Phason, Ice, Shock Coil, and Mother Brain based attacks :troll:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You forgot.
The worst PR move SE has ever done.

TWEWY isn't DS-exclusive anymore.
Shoot I did forget about that. But let's pretend that didn't happen. I want to pretend that didn't happen.

It's like how Namco thought it be a smart idea to finally bring over idolmaster.... but it was a spinoff game, and they gave it only to iOS...for 50 dollars a game....

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Federation Samus and Adam Malkovich's manly voice.

We have a young Samus in Federation gear. She only takes orders from Adam over a headset. There is a delay after you input the attack where Adam commands Samus on what to do. However, you can input combo strings during the delay to have longer orders that results in fast multiple attacks after.

So you can have:
"Samus, perform a standard Federation kick."
"Samus, fire your pistol."
"Samus, do one of those flip kicks that I like."

Or combine them by inputting "tilt, B, Up Smash quickly" and he will say: "Samus, do a standard kick, fire, and then do a sexy flip kick."
Not gonna lie, I bust a gut laughing at this.

Well done. :3

Metroid fans, I have come up with a terrific idea that would please all of you! Why not a six headed character consisting of Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, Sylux, Rhundas, and Anthony? It could fly because of Ridley but couldn't fly very well because of the other characters holding it down. It could also use Phason, Ice, Shock Coil, and Mother Brain based attacks :troll:
Nah, Croissantbug is all we need.

CROISSANTBUG BRIDGES THE GAP!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I bust a gut laughing at this.

Well done. :3

Nah, Croissantbug is all we need.

CROISSANTBUG BRIDGES THE GAP!
THAT ONE BUG THAT LOOKS LIKE A CROISSANT THAT YOU CAN FREEZE AND USE AS A PLATFORM.

I want to hear the announcer for Smash 4 do that energetic tone for fighters FOR THAT ENTIRE LINE

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Plebs. The best FF character is Kefka
I would love to see Kefka. Cloud would not be bad, but Kefka is by far the best FF character that I have come across. (Barret would be awesome as well)

Sephiroth is just a failed version of Kefka.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd say Wolf is a pretty safe bet now.

But then again, we just got Ryu ad Roy of all people....

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yes, yes, New Los Angeles and what-not
but no, not joking, fully Disappointed there's no European Voice-Actors
I doubt we've heard all of Cross' potential English voices already.

*Goes back to hoping for Adam Howden, Jenna Coleman and Jay Taylor voices*

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
i will respond how most people would
I mean...

I'm a pretty big Nintenerd but I've never even heard of the game he's from.
He's from the hit Gamecube game Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem. Nintendo has been continuously renewing the trademark for the game for a few years now, they need to make Eternal Darkness 2, also Pious would be an insta buy DLC character just by his appearance alone. Check this out and don't be afraid to post,http://smashboards.com/threads/my-dlc-is-only-the-beginning-pious-augustus-for-smash-4.376128/
Also here's his bad*** boss theme, that you'll want to have in smash bros after just 1 listen.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'd like to see Cloud.

Yeh yeh yeh I know.

But I like FFVII and it's getting a remake and Cloud is pretty much SE's most iconic character. Well, one of them at least.

And if we can get Ryu and Snake then why not.

I know he's not going to happen, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me.

But I'd like to see it.
I think that he's deserving on the merits of him being an iconic gaming legend from the most popular and successful game of a very famous gaming franchise, however I think Cloud's biggest problem is that he's never had a game or a major appearance on a Nintendo system. He's only ever had small appearances in the 2 Theatrhythm games for the DS and 3DS and two of the side Kingdom Hearts games for the GBA and DS; all of which aren't even main series titles. Of course Sakurai said they only need to appear on a Nintendo system, but I still see it being an issue.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know there's a sort of stigma against "fan rules", but there are SOME fan rules that at least have reason to believe them. For example, when I say whatever about iconic Third parties, I typically refer to:
1) What Sakurai has said on the topic
2) What we've gotten thus far

Now what we've gotten doesn't always predict the future, but quite a few of the suggested 3rd parties just...aren't really on the level we've seen.

Frankly, the fan rule that Ryu broke was the whole tirade of, " THEY HAVE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH NINTENDO!!!"

But I digress...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nintendo wants to court third party companies for its new hardware. The Wii U had companies running away from its limitations. One way to court is to offer Smash characters. There will be at least one more third party character.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Cloud Strife or Sora are the only Square-Enix characters that would make sense to me. Anyone else is just a "rep."

I don't have any interest in a company crossover involving Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and... Black Mage.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Nintendo wants to court third party companies for its new hardware. The Wii U had companies running away from its limitations. One way to court is to offer Smash characters. There will be at least one more third party character.
The three third parties in Smash had all collabed with Nintendo at some point or another, so it seems they may be the prime suspects for supporting the NX. It seems Nintendo maybe looking for long term and again these maybe the big three for now. So these companies aren't that far off when it comes to supporting Nintendo, especially since their Amiibos work with a certain number of Nintendo games already. Now are they have games for their NX when it launch, don't know we're going to have to wait till next year to see if they're going to deliver.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also, I've noticed the miiverse stage is already getting out of hand. I took a bunch of pictures of the offensive of or strange posts already.
Yeah... Don't go in there with the Mii Fighters.

Nintendo just did a colab with GungHo, and the creators of Skylanders so... Spyro and Puzzle & Dragons Z rep?... Eh... Wishful thinking.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Frankly, the fan rule that Ryu broke was the whole tirade of, " THEY HAVE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH NINTENDO!!!"
Unless you are talking about something different, Ryu has a lot of association with Nintendo. Street Fighter 2 went to the Super Nintendo after the arcades. Not to mention Ryu's sound effects, winning theme and even the classic image are taken from the Super Nintendo game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I got an alert for tagging on this post....

Care to explain?
They originally said it was surprising you didn't say anything about Paper Jam before being chastised by another user because you previously said you don't wish to speak on the matter yet, or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom