• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jumpman confirmed.
Shut up Blu-Wait. Something's wrong.
Well Krystal Fans don't really have.... anything, she might not be there, but she also doesn't have a really poorly made reason why she's not there either
Actually, Federation ****up is to flesh out the federation and most likely Sylux for future installments. If Nintendo wasn't incompetent enough to say "We're using it to flesh the feds out for future installments of Metroid" during the trailer, then again, people wouldn't be nearly as pissed

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure there was someone here who legitimately predicted 8-bit Mario.
No, I'm not indirectly referring to BluePikmin.
That was Jumpman. He's completely different.
EpicGordon
I remember that dude.
He was ASSURED that our retro newcomer was going to be 8-Bit Mario, and one of his specials was just going to be turning invincible for a few seconds.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Last DLC character is Amiibo exclusive.

Iwata: "Prease undahstahn! We are trying to meet the demand of amiibo and have one final announcement! Ridley is joining Smash! However, we were only able to produce 16 of the Ridley amiibo, so only a few of you will be able to play!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Last DLC character is Amiibo exclusive.

Iwata: "Prease undahstahn! We are trying to meet the demand of amiibo and have one final announcement! Ridley is joining Smash! However, we were only able to produce 16 of the Ridley amiibo, so only a few of you will be able to play!"
Sad thing is that some anti Ridley folk might buy one just to microwave it like that Majoras Mask N3DS. I still can't understand how a friend of mine got one of those recently

Burruni

Smash Hero
Either it's DK or Tanabe lied about no current production on Prime 4, former's the most likely one of course, apparently Sakamoto's doingthe 2D game. He better go "Oooooh I had to make a METROID game! Silly me, time to outdo Super Metroid"
Soooo no word yet. Gotcha. We wait.

For DKCR3: Jurassic Kroc.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Next year will be better. Trust the 3-4 Nintendo E3 cycle, y'all. 2001- okay, 2002- awesome, 2003- okay, 2004- great, 2005- depressing, 2006- legendary, 2007- okay, 2008 - Jesus wept...., 2009- okay, 2010- awesome, 2011- okay, 2012- severely underwhelming, 2013- awesome, 2014-great, 2015 - underwhelming. NX and Zelda are already kicking it off so 2016 will definitely be worth paying attention to.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Next year will be better. Trust the 3-4 Nintendo E3 cycle, y'all. 2001- okay, 2002- awesome, 2003- okay, 2004- great, 2005- depressing, 2006- legendary, 2007- okay, 2008 - Jesus wept...., 2009- okay, 2010- awesome, 2011- okay, 2012- severely underwhelming, 2013- awesome, 2014-great, 2015 - underwhelming. NX and Zelda are already kicking it off so 2016 will definitely be worth paying attention to.
What's an NX? Is that a console?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Before I go, I'd like to just give some advice to those of you who are still expecting a butt ton of DLC characters...

It occurred to me last night while playing Smash with friends that...the current CSS allows space for about 2 more characters on the bottom row. That would make the CSS a solid 4 X 14 block. There are two slots in the data left with "Mario", which we suspect are two characters...

Yes, there are arrows for the character select screen. For 3DS, that makes sense if they need an additional page considering only one person is using the screen. But for the Wii U? I don't know man. That would be extremely annoying unless it's a substantial amount of characters.

Of course, I could be overstating this info. What I would suggest though, is to not expect huge amounts of content characterwise. Stages, sure. Characters?... I don't know. To me, signs point to Wolf and then one other. Could be a Ballot character, could be a preplanned one.

Bottom line is: Expect at least two more, but I would certainly NOT expect a large amount beyond that. People's expectations are likely to be squandered...again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm expecting 3 or 4, honestly. You know dropping a character around Christmas is too good of an opportunity for them to pass up and I'm sure at least one character will be chosen from the ballot. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one new person OHMYGODITSWOLFWATTASURPRISE was announced by October too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
E3 2016 will probably be pretty good considering all the games that have likely shifted development to the NX which I imagine they'll finally be able to show.

Zelda, probably Retro's title, probably NLG's other title... maybe the next 3D Mario which is confirmed to be in development for the next Nintendo console.

But more importantly, for as much as they have their head in the sand, I think Nintendo knows they absolutely need to make a strong first impression with the NX.

Before I go, I'd like to just give some advice to those of you who are still expecting a butt ton of DLC characters...

It occurred to me last night while playing Smash with friends that...the current CSS allows space for about 2 more characters on the bottom row. That would make the CSS a solid 4 X 14 block. There are two slots in the data left with "Mario", which we suspect are two characters...

Yes, there are arrows for the character select screen. For 3DS, that makes sense if they need an additional page considering only one person is using the screen. But for the Wii U? I don't know man. That would be extremely annoying unless it's a substantial amount of characters.

Of course, I could be overstating this info. What I would suggest though, is to not expect huge amounts of content characterwise. Stages, sure. Characters?... I don't know. To me, signs point to Wolf and then one other. Could be a Ballot character, could be a preplanned one.

Bottom line is: Expect at least two more, but I would certainly NOT expect a large amount beyond that. People's expectations are likely to be squandered...again.
Since the Lucas reveal my guess has been and will remain at eight. I think that's a good, plausible amount.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm expecting 3 or 4, honestly. You know dropping a character around Christmas is too good of an opportunity for them to pass up and I'm sure at least one character will be chosen from the ballot. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one new person OHMYGODITSWOLFWATTASURPRISE was announced by October too.
Never forget Pokebank and Royu eshop crashes

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is an old move-set for an Anthropomorphic Andross (with a body) I posted years ago during Brawl speculation. As you can see, Wolf was picked and not Andross for another Starfox rep.

*Notice how one of the specials is essentially Sheik's new forward B. And how this predates Zamus' rocket heels.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ape would have a body. Andross would also have metal gloves with thrusters located on the palm. The thrusters would act kinda like jetpacks allowing Andross to jump high and float a little of the floor like Mewtwo. The thrusters would also allow him to propel his punches, making him stronger then he would be. He would be a floaty character unless you press down while he was in the air. Then the engines would shut off and the metal gloves would make him a fast faller.

Walk: His hands would be at his sides with the thrusters on. Blue fire would expel from his palms and he would slowly foot a few inches off the ground toward his opponent.

Run: Andross holds his hands behind him and the thrusters shoot out longer flames propelling Andross forward at a high speed similar to Pichu's. Terrible at quick turns.

Running A: Andross would bring his hands forward to clap at the enemy. The movement of his thruster enabled gloves would make his jolt backwards a little distance as he clapped. Sends opponent forward. Good for setting some distance between fighters.

A: Punch
AA: Punch and then extended palm
AAA: Punch, then extended palm, then another extended palm
AAAA: Punch, one extended palm plant, then another, then the thrusters would turn on really quick propelling Andross backwards a few feet.

>A: Andross hovers with hands at the side and kicks at the opponent

^A: Andross uppercuts, thruster turns on, and Andross lifts a foot higher off the floor before thruster snaps off and he descends back into hovering position, when the thruster turns back on.

Duck: Thrusters turn off and Andross crouches on the floor.
Down A: Thrusters turn on quickly, making Andross to a quick spin while crouching with one foot stuck out. Accelerated Sweep kick.

Forward Smash: Swings one arm around in a full circle with thruster on leaving a trail of fire. Metal fist crashes to the floor. If A is pressed again, his other glove thruster will turn on and repeat the pattern going forward.

Down Smash: Andross clasps his gloves together and hammer-fists the ground making the floor ripple in a set circumference around him. Sends opponents upwards. Some rocks and debris might pop up and hover a foot in the air for a few seconds after for effect only.

Up Smash: Andross Machine gun punches upward, juggling the opponent

Down B: Andross's cape whirls outward. Flat Metal rectangles come flying out from the background and form steps for Andross to walk on. Five blocks come out. Andross can walk back and forth or just one way or even diagonal. This could be used to make a cieling so opponents can't jump upward to get back on stage. Andross falls afterwards and can't use moves until he hits the ground.

Forward B: Andross throws a Vortex Grenade from his belt. It explodes after seven seconds. Could be picked up and thrown by others. Only one Grenade could be on the floor at a time. When it explodes it makes a blackish blue sphere which sucks in anyone nearby including Andross. Radius like Kirby's except all the way around the sphere. Does damage and keeps person in place like Young Link's Up B spin. Good way to trap opponents.

B: Andross extends both palms forward and a green grid shaped like a metal rectangle block shoots out. If B is pressed while the green grid is going forward it will solidify into a metal step rotating forward in the air. If it hits an opponent it will smash and do damage to the enemy. If the opponent has a high percentage it might carry the enemy with it for a few moments before cracking and exploding. Only one could be out at a time.

Up B: Andross does a back-flip and disappears into a blue vortex. You could angle the direction of his reappearance like Zelda's Up B. Except it is about half as long.

Air Battle:

Neutral A: Does a Midair flip similar to Captain Falcon's Up A. But much weaker.
Forward A: Midair slap with metal glove.
Backward A: Andross extends one arm backwards and his glove spews out a spout of fire to rack up damage on opponent. Sends Andross forwards a little.
Down A: Does a split in the air with his legs and throws one heavy gloved hand downwards between open legs. Meteor Smash.
Up A: Andross reaches upward with a metal glove in a grabbing motion. If he hits an opponent he throws them downward. Down throw is weak, opponent goes underneath Andross setting him up for a down A move.

Andross Throws: Grabs opponent with metal glove.
A: Burns opponent with thrusters on glove.
Forward: Skids forward on feet briefly before swinging his arm in a full circle still clutching the enemy and finally releasing him forward in an arch. A little further then Mario's forward throw but due to arch harder to die from.
Backward: Quick throw backwards. Straight trajectory.
Downward: Throws opponent to the ground and machine gun punches their body until they jolt upwards.
Upward: Andross teleports the opponent a few feet above him. Opponent disappears in a flash of blue and then a portal opens above Andross. At this point the opponent could jump or attack once he or she exits teleport.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
E3 2016 will probably be pretty good considering all the games that have likely shifted development to the NX which I imagine they'll finally be able to show.

Zelda, probably Retro's title, probably NLG's other title... maybe the next 3D Mario which is confirmed to be in development for the next Nintendo console.

But more importantly, for as much as they have their head in the sand, I think Nintendo knows they absolutely need to make a strong first impression with the NX.

Since the Lucas reveal my guess has been and will remain at eight. I think that's a good, plausible amount.
With or without mewtwo?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The joke is pup and your username
I get the phrasing, I just don't take things like that to be a joke. Probably because I'm into fantasy writing.

1: The roster DOES NOT influence how many characters we are getting. Especially since you could just move some characters over to the other page.
2: You do realize it's the minority that thinks we will get a lot of characters right?
With or without mewtwo?
Probably with.

Pakky

Smash Hero
With Mewtwo.
Okay then, cool, four more to go. That's not bad at all. So realistically are we thinking something like:

Wolf (What's the matter scared? )
ballot (Big papa Rool)
ballot (squid waifu)
Snake?/somebody?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A character announced in the Winter huh?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Okay then, cool, four more to go. That's not bad at all. So realistically are we thinking something like:

Wolf (What's the matter scared? )
ballot (Big papa Rool)
ballot (squid waifu)
Snake?
somebody?
No. Pessimistically, it would probably be:
Wolf
King K.Rool
Isaac, or Bandana Dee, or Inkling (Pick two)
Or less.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hypothetical Four
1. Wolf
2. King K. Rool
3. Chorus Kids
4. # Third party ballot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.