• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay then, cool, four more to go. That's not bad at all. So realistically are we thinking something like:

Wolf (What's the matter scared? )
ballot (Big papa Rool)
ballot (squid waifu)
Snake?/somebody?
Wolf, K. Rool and two others. That's my guess, though I'm not going to try and guess at who the other two might be.

I'd hope Isaac and Inkling, but I don't think we're going to get Inkling, and Isaac is quite a "could but very well might not happen" kinda character.

I don't think we're going to get a RH character until next time, especially Chorus Kids. Sakurai doesn't just cut series for no reason, I believe the reason they were excluded (technical difficulties) is still present. Same with the ICs. I think people overstate Bandana Dee's popularity because he's popular on this site, but it's not an accurate representation of his general popularity. I think Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, and YL are just simply not happening. Snake is a maybe, I could see that.

Trying to predict the last two is a zero-sum game imo, it could go many different ways. For all we know we might not even get that many.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
E3 2016 will probably be pretty good considering all the games that have likely shifted development to the NX which I imagine they'll finally be able to show.Since the Lucas reveal my guess has been and will remain at eight. I think that's a good, plausible amount.
Anyone in particular?
EDIT: Nevermind I guess?
Okay then, cool, four more to go. That's not bad at all. So realistically are we thinking something like:
Wolf (What's the matter scared? )
ballot (Big papa Rool)
ballot (squid waifu)
Snake?/somebody?
Please do not use that word to refer to anything related to Splatoon.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I realized FE7's arena theme isn't in smash. Sad times. I've been thinking about characters who are impossible, Geno came to mind, if Geno was somehow possible and happened, reactions? I'd like it
Geno isn't impossible, he's just very unlikely.

I'd enjoy his inclusion. Loved his game and I think he's a neat character. :)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Geno'd be cool.
I put him in a want slot in my earlier Smash 4 rosters.
Then I realized how Black Mage would just be a more badass Squeenix character.

Super Smash Flash 2 just kinda reaffirmed the idea.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say he is as SE never uses him, and if the fanrule 'super duper gaming icon that every nongamer will recognize' is legit, he is impossible.
Impossible is non-video game characters and those who've never shown up on a Nintendo platform.

Also, fanrules were made to be broken. There used to be a fanrule that only iconic Nintendo characters could get into Smash, that obv isn't true anymore (nor was it true in the first place). It'll happen eventually. :p

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
lol okay my bad.

Someone just said "Damn" during a Treehouse break, lol, sounded like Samus.
there wasn't any background noise or anything, maybe it was a voice clip

I realized FE7's arena theme isn't in smash. Sad times. I've been thinking about characters who are impossible, Geno came to mind, if Geno was somehow possible and happened, reactions? I'd like it
I'd dislike to have him in Smash, as there are a lot more deserving Mario characters and third-parties. I prefer Black Mage for SE rep.

The best square enix rep
or either of the other 3 heroes.

she can even BE a red or black mage meaning she has even more moveset potential :awesome:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well what do you know, I've stumbled upon my favorite time to talk about Black Mage support.

Can I just say how possibly unique he could be when using his various spells in ways where he's more than just a Squishy Mage? The SSF2 team had proven that his smash attacks can become something even deadlier when fully charged (Firaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd like to see Cloud.

Yeh yeh yeh I know.

But I like FFVII and it's getting a remake and Cloud is pretty much SE's most iconic character. Well, one of them at least.

And if we can get Ryu and Snake then why not.

I know he's not going to happen, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me.

But I'd like to see it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well what do you know, I've stumbled upon my favorite time to talk about Black Mage support.

Can I just say how possibly unique he could be when using his various spells in ways where he's more than just a Squishy Mage? The SSF2 team had proven that his smash attacks can become something even deadlier when fully charged (Firaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga).

Well if you pop over to his support thread you'll see I made a moveset for him inspired by PM's version of :4lucas: and I think you'll be content ;3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'd like to see Cloud.

Yeh yeh yeh I know.

But I like FFVII and it's getting a remake and Cloud is pretty much SE's most iconic character. Well, one of them at least.

I know he's not going to happen, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me.

But I'd like to see it.

I want Cloud and feel like he's more so the most memorable and iconic FF character but those things that hold him back are one of the biggest issues

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It was Elma's Voice
Which also means... Boooo, American Voice actors
I'm assuming you're joking.
I'd like to see Cloud.

Yeh yeh yeh I know.

But I'd like to see it.
What about, instead of Cloud or Geno, have a character that is a cloud and a Super Mario RPG rep?

ihatemyselfforthis

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The only character I have confidence is Wolf. Lucas and Roy are the only Japan Only characters, so I think Sakurai put them at the bottom of priority. Since they have come back along with Dr. Mario and Mewtwo, I think Sakurai will do everything he can to bring back Ice Climbers and Wolf. I could very well see Pokemon Trainer coming back next time, and am under the impression characters were apart (ZSS/Samus Shiek/Zelda Charizard/PKMN) because of the 3DS's limitations.

Also in terms of SE reps, it should be Crono or Neku. Crono I believe is the most recognizable, and has one of the most popular SNES games ever. Neku is a DS-exclusive character, who needs a new game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom