• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
With the situation that Ridley's in, and a confirmed permadeath of Dark Samus (plus her AT status) any other metroid character are highly unlikely for DLC...Sylux's chances may improve for future games, but even then it has both Ridley and Dark Samus to go through first...Unless Sylux gets an extreme boost in popularity from possibly this game or in Prime 4...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The reason seems to be that Sakamoto wanted to take back control. Other M was his way of sealing his vision of Samus and the series as ultimate canon and distinguishing it from the games that he didn't have creative control over. At the very least I'm glad that Prime is now just a separate canonity rather than just being non-canon period.

On the topic of Metroid, has anyone every suggested MB as a potential newcomer? I hated Other M's story as much as the next person, but I thought she was the most interesting element with the most potential (but still unfulfilled). She would be the closest thing possible to a playable Mother Brain (being a normal sized humanoid), and therefore the next best Metroid villain after Ridley or Dark Samus.
I am glad you brought up MB. She can control Metroids. Sakurai could even take creative liberties by giving MB the same abilities Mother Brain actually had.

B: Freeze Gun
MB uses a freeze gun to freeze enemies. Simple.

Side+B: Zebetite
MB summons a barrier in front of her and it deflects projectiles.

Up+B: Rinka
MB shoots ring-shaped projectiles around her in a circular pattern as she floats up.

Down+B: Metroid
MB summons a Metroid. It follows her around and will latch onto the closest opponent and drain their HP for three seconds.

Final Smash: Queen Metroid
MB summons a Queen Metroid. It attacks everyone on the stage.

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakamoto putting the Metroid Prime games in a separate canon is exaggerated BS. He just said they're a side story.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sakamoto putting the Metroid Prime games in a separate canon is exaggerated BS. He just said they're a side story.
Yes, a side story between Metroid 1/Zero Mission and Metroid 2.

Which, ironically, you can skip in all honesty and not lose story. Because almost every bit it adds in gets written out (Ridley ends up just as injured as he entered the trilogy, all phazon is destroyed, Dark Samus is killed, and everyone... except Sylux that got ended was removed.

I dunno.

That's how I've always taken it, but I'm not a fan of those games.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
As I said, he directly contradicted them with Other M.
In addition to it contradicting Corruption, there are other issues as well. The Prime series gives a very different take on the Space Pirates and their society compared to Sakamoto's material. Also, Mother Brain's hinted relationship to the Aurora Units in Corruption is absent. Ridley's treatment is much different in the Prime games as well. Fans have tried hard to come up with excuses to reconcile these things, but the cold hard fact is Sakamoto just doesn't care about Prime fitting into his canon.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What happened to the arrows that were discovered in the 3DS files waaay back? Were they ever actually used in the main game till now? If not, then yeah they probably have thought about the idea of dividing the css into pages.
It's for the stages.
If one of them becomes palyable before Ridley at this point I swear I'm just gonna
Sit on something sharp and use Hyper Beam?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What happened to the arrows that were discovered in the 3DS files waaay back? Were they ever actually used in the main game till now? If not, then yeah they probably have thought about the idea of dividing the css into pages.
Those are they're they were for the second stage page

And the wii u has them too but you need to get ryu and the kirby 64 stage for that one

By the way on the 3ds version if you add ryu and roy and lucas with mewtwo does the character version get added?

If one of them becomes palyable before Ridley at this point I swear I'm just gonna
Wolf

A rythem heaven rep

Shantae

Inkling male/female

King k rool

Isaac (golden sun)

Are all more likely than all 3 compined so no need to fear.

StormC

Smash Hero
Serious question:

Does Metroid need a new rep so badly that we're resorting to a character who thus far has only appeared in one spin-off and had a cameo in a Prime game?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That ship at the ending of prime 3 may have indeed have ben sylux's ship.
Sylux may become more likely than ridley and anothny higgs for playable

And if in FF as a boss he may be smash 4 dlc.
False. it IS Sylux's ship, it was confirmed.

I doubt Federation ****up would make Sylux playable, MP4 maybe. It does seem likely to become playable in the future as Sylux has arguably the best Hunter theme in Hunters, it's backstory is the most interesting, blue is orange's contrast so it's like Mario and Luigi, Sylux was hinted at in a recent FF interview and had the most unique fight out of the hunters as it summoned it's ship in a fight iirc

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Serious question:

Does Metroid need a new rep so badly that we're resorting to a character who thus far has only appeared in one spin-off and had a cameo in a Prime game?
I highly doubt Sakurai will add a newcomer just for the sake of reps...I'm sure he's aware that people want a new metroid character but after Samus x2, Ridley, and Dark Samus there really isn't anyone else that holds enough notoriety in the franchise to be added into Smash...Unless you want to count Kraid and Mother Brain who both make less sense than Ridley to be playable...

sylux will need to establish itself first and seeing as Sylux will most likely not have a major role until the NX (unless it has some kind of impact in MPFF) Sylux's chances are still quite low, due to being a relatively minor character at the moment...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
sylux will need to establish itself first and seeing as Sylux will most likely not have a major role until the NX (unless it has some kind of impact in MPFF) Sylux's chances are still quite low, due to being a relatively minor character at the moment...
Let me ask you and everyone this. What if this turns into a Rosalina situation in which this no body character, from one game starts showing up everywhere?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Let me ask you and everyone this. What if this turns into a Rosalina situation in which this no body character, from one game starts showing up everywhere?
Doubt it, honestly. Sylux may be the most popular Hunter, but he's still nowhere near the insane heights Ridley's reached at this point. Honestly, no other potential Metroid newcomers are.

I mean, it's not like it's Sylux's fault; Ridley just happens to have had a dedicated fanbase wanting him in Smash since the beginning. Sylux can't really compare to 15+ years of dedicated support at this point. :p

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey, I love Metroid and would only object against Adam ****ing Malkovich
As a metroid fan yes I would like another representative (unless they are from Other M, seriously no one) but at the same time I don't want a character just for the sake of muh reps...

Although if star power has nothing to do with it...it'd be kinda cool if a Space Pirate was playable (just think about the moveset potential these guys have)...

That could very well be the case and the possible reason behind Sylux making it into Smash in the future...but in order to have the same Rosalina notoriety then we're talking about quite a few games with appearances, so far it is unclear how many Metroid games we'll get until the next Smash game, as of now Sylux for DLC is pretty much not happening unless it's added for promotional reasons near NX's and MP4's release, which I doubt....Sylux is relatively obscure outside of the Metroid fanbase at the moment...

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Given Sakurai can't overlook 2big for Ridley despite Metroid reps, I highly doubt we'll get a character that's in solely because of Metroid rep(or lack thereof).

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Doubt it, honestly. Sylux may be the most popular Hunter, but he's still nowhere near the insane heights Ridley's reached at this point. Honestly, no other potential Metroid newcomers are.

I mean, it's not like it's Sylux's fault; Ridley just happens to have had a dedicated fanbase wanting him in Smash since the beginning. Sylux can't really compare to 15+ years of dedicated support at this point. :p
It doesn't really matter how his popularity compares to Ridley's.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Although if star power has nothing to do with it...it'd be kinda cool if a Space Pirate was playable...
Well, what better Space Pirate to be playable then the one that is supposed to lead the fighting? :p I mean, Ridley is a Space Pirate, just not a Zebesian (two different entities); "Space Pirates" refers to the gang that Ridley, Mother Brain and Kraid are all part of. Zebesian refers to the common enemies also called Space Pirates.

I mean honestly, what better way to represent the Space Pirates overall than by having their military commander as a playable character? Maybe his Final Smash could involve summoning an Omega Pirate to the battle and having it act like a temporary stage hazard; that'd be cool.
It doesn't really matter how his popularity compares to Ridley's.
It kinda does, because popularity would mean more people know about him, thus increasing sales. If Sylux does return in a major role that highly boosts his popularity for the next game, I could see him maybe being a newcomer in the next game. But untill then, Ridley remains one of the biggest Metroid newcomers of them all.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley-Suit Samus.

It is the only way to get Ridley in.

And the Metroid series should only have Samus Aran, in as many forms as possible, as a character.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Let us brainstorm on the many different forms of Samus to be included. I think you will change your mind.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What if we included her in Morph ball form? But for a full character. Spider ball, boost ball, ect.

These qualities have not been explored.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Let us brainstorm on the many different forms of Samus to be included. I think you will change your mind.
Samus in power suit
Zero suit Samus
Samus in power suit with different colours x5
That's it. Not even anything different. Meanwhile, Dark Samus, phazon attacks and all, Rhundas, ice powers, Ridley, ****ing dragon, Sylux, has electrical attacks that sap health, only having Samus is ****ing dumb

Burruni

Smash Hero
Metroid as a series is one that thrives off the isolationist mood of it.

Because of that :4samus: is one of few characters that really has any impact for the series. :4zss: being her in a different form which functions and looks entirely differently, in my opinion fits.

The issue is, there are only 3 other Metroid characters with damn well near the impact to even be considered.

1. Ridley - The main villain against Samus even if he isn't the head honcho of any operation. Tied to her PTSD and always that last boss you fight for your ultimate power for the main game.

2. Dark Samus - Embodiment of the massive success of the Prime Trilogy, a dark clone of :4samus: with an entirely different arsenal. More akin to :4wario2: than :4darkpit:.

3. Mother Brain - THE Final Boss for Metroid as a whole, despite being it for only 3/4 games. However, trying to craft a way of making her fit as a fighter is one I don't think Sakurai would stretch for.

Sylux is the character Samus has interacted with for a "humane" way but he has far too little impact on the series to be valid, imo.

And look at that, all 3 of our big forerunners have their role in Smash 4 which is heavily suggested to keep them out for this time around.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What if we included her in Morph ball form? But for a full character. Spider ball, boost ball, ect.

These qualities have not been explored.
So...Samus being a ball...would be a better idea than a dragon and multiple other bounty hunters who fight differently than Samus...I suggest you either get some much needed IQ points or admit you're just joking

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Federation Samus and Adam Malkovich's manly voice.

We have a young Samus in Federation gear. She only takes orders from Adam over a headset. There is a delay after you input the attack where Adam commands Samus on what to do. However, you can input combo strings during the delay to have longer orders that results in fast multiple attacks after.

So you can have:
"Samus, perform a standard Federation kick."
"Samus, fire your pistol."
"Samus, do one of those flip kicks that I like."

Or combine them by inputting "tilt, B, Up Smash quickly" and he will say: "Samus, do a standard kick, fire, and then do a sexy flip kick."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

We have a young Samus in Federation gear. She only takes orders from Adam over a headset. There is a delay after you input the attack where Adam commands Samus on what to do. However, you can input combo strings during the delay to have longer orders that results in fast multiple attacks after.

So you can have:

Or combine them by inputting "tilt, B, Up Smash quickly" and he will say: "Samus, do a standard kick, fire, and then do a sexy flip kick."
Now it's obvious you're just trolling.
Sylux is the character Samus has interacted with for a "humane" way but he has far too little impact on the series to be valid, imo.
Actually, Sylux has been hinted at in FF, and considering how it's gotten things the other Hunters didn't get, I feel like Sylux was intended to be a reoccuring character, the past 2 Tanabe interviews both mention it after all

Burruni

Smash Hero
Now it's obvious you're just trolling.

Actually, Sylux has been hinted at in FF, and considering how it's gotten things the other Hunters didn't get, I feel like Sylux was intended to be a reoccuring character, the past 2 Tanabe interviews both mention it after all
And :4lucina::4darkpit: were intended to be alternate costumes.
Ryugie, we don't currently have enough of Syllux for him to be a proper 4th imo. Simple as that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

So you can have:

Can you say, "guaranteed bottom tier"?
Except there's TWO SEPARATE arrow icons. One for stages, one for the CSS. The stage arrows are now in use.
I didn't know that. Cool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And :4lucina::4darkpit: were intended to be alternate costumes.
Ryugie, we don't currently have enough of Syllux for him to be a proper 4th imo. Simple as that.
Oh I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that it seems they want to make Sylux a main character. DLC is impossible unless Nintendo tries to offer Sylux as a promotion for FF or something to undo the salt. Seriously, Nintendo should have spent not even a minute by saying "Don't worry, we're working on the main series too, but we can't show it yet"

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I had you guys going for a long time.

So for the next Metroid game, there should be a Ridley planet. Hear me out.

A meteorite with Ridley's fossilized remains enters a wormhole, traveling to the past, and falls onto a planet with a lost Chozo colony. They worship the fossils as an advanced being. The Chozo's try to clone him and also build a Ridley suit for the high Chozo priest. Because the DNA is damaged, the Chozo's create many different Ridley's spliced with other animals.

One Ridley is spliced with Chozo and becomes quite smart. He enslaves the Chozo's, have them sculpt monuments of him on the planet, and eventually raises generations of domesticated "cattle" Chozo to eat. This Ridley keeps trying to clone more and more Ridley's in order to get closer to the original genetic code (which preserves Ridley's memory because Ridley's brain cells change his DNA which each new memory: meaning a perfectly-cloned Ridley would have the same temperment, thought process, and memories). However, each closer-to-Ridley clone ends up eating their creator. So there is only one smart Ridley, but many wild animal Ridley hybrids.

Samus somehow ends up on the planet and learns of Ridley's ancient Chozo weaponry able to conquer galaxies. She has to reassemble the priest's Ridley-Suit and eventually fight the perfectly-cloned Ridley. Through an accident during the battle, the pure Ridley is cloned with Samus DNA to make a creepy Samus/Ridley hybrid as the final boss.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I had you guys going for a long time.

So for the next Metroid game, there should be a Ridley planet. Hear me out.

A meteorite with Ridley's fossilized remains enters a wormhole, traveling to the past, and falls onto a planet with a lost Chozo colony. They worship the fossils as an advanced being. The Chozo's try to clone him and also build a Ridley suit for the high Chozo priest. Because the DNA is damaged, the Chozo's create many different Ridley's spliced with other animals.

One Ridley is spliced with Chozo and becomes quite smart. He enslaves the Chozo's, have them sculpt monuments of him on the planet, and eventually raises generations of domesticated "cattle" Chozo to eat. This Ridley keeps trying to clone more and more Ridley's in order to get closer to the original genetic code (which preserves Ridley's memory because Ridley's brain cells change his DNA which each new memory: meaning a perfectly clones Ridley would have the same temperment, thought process, and memories). However, each closer-to-Ridley clone ends up eating their creator. So there is only one smart Ridley, but many wild animal Ridley hybrids.

Samus somehow ends up on the planet and learns of Ridley's ancient Chozo weaponry able to conquer galaxies. She has to reassemble the Ridley armor for a Ridley suit and eventually fight the perfectly cloned Ridley. Through an accident during the battle, the pure Ridley is cloned with Samus DNA to make a creepy Samus/Ridley hybrid as the final boss.
No.
You had nobody going for any period of time.
We've repeatedly been saying that each one of your Metroid Jokes are asinine.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just read the posts.

I think I just might have had a few people frothing at the computer screen like ravenous cut-from-the-Smash-roster-Ridley's.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just read the posts.

I think I just might have had a few people frothing at the computer screen like ravenous cut-from-the-Smash-roster-Ridley's.
I wasn't frothing. I was questioning your sanity. I still am honestly as you don't know what 'had you guys going' means and the fact Blue's arguments for Bayonetta and Young Link are more convincing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom