• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Done with decloned Pichu. :3 He is now (hopefully) high risk/reward. I think I changed him so much he isn't even a sami-clone. lol. Constructive criticism appreciated. :3 (in a spoiler box so I don't break the page)
Pichu takes more Recoil from electric attacks.
Neutral Attack has more range
Dash Attack has less ending lag.
Forward tilt fires a beam of energy (Signal Beam), improving range.
Up Tilt has the up smash’s animation, giving it better range.

It is slower.
Down Tilt has more range.
Neutral Areal has more range.

It does less damage
Pichu has a new Forward Areal. He twirls around as rain appears diagonally in front of him (Rain Dance).
It doesn’t hurt Pichu.

Pichu has a new Back Areal. He kicks behind himself while shooting electricity from his leg.
This has more range, damage, and KO power.
It also has more ending lag, and hurts Pichu for 4%.
Up Areal has more range.
Pichu has a new Down Areal. He pauses for a moment, then kicks diagonally downward.
This has no recoil.
It has more ending lag and does less damage.
Pichu’s Forward Smash deals more damage and knockback.
It has more recoil and ending lag. It does 4% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Up Smash. Pichu fires electricity straight up.
This has more range, damage and knockback.
This attack has recoil and ending lag. It does 3% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Down Smash. He fires electricity all around him.
This attack has more range, damage and knockback.
It has more recoil and ending lag. It does 6% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Pummel. He punches the opponent, so there is no recoil.
Pichu has a new Forward Throw. He cutely throws the opponent.
No Recoil.
It deals less damage and knockback.
Pichu no longer uses electricity with his Up Throw.
Pichu no longer uses electricity with his Down Throw.
Pichu has a new Neutral Special: Volt Switch. He fires a ball of electricity. If it hits, he swaps places with the opponent.

This improves Pichu’s recovery.
He takes more recoil damage. He takes 3% using the move, and 5% switching.
Skull Bash no longer deals electric damage.
Agility no longer hurts Pichu.
Thunder has more KO power.

It has more recoil. It does 4% to Pichu if it hits him.
Pichu has a new final Smash: Bide he hits all opponents around him with 2 times the damage he has. This is the only final smash that can do 1% or 999% damage.
Here is Young Link's again for those who care. All one of you. (Also in a spoiler box.)
The first and last hit of Young Link’s Jab deal less damage
Infinite Combo now has a finisher.
Forward Smash is now a stab, making it easier to KO with
Down Smash is now a spin, which gives it less ending lag.
It now has deals an even amount of damage, and is significantly stronger because of it.
Dash has more KO power

It has more ending lag
Forward Tilt is a horizontal slash, and doesn’t as have much vertical distance
It has slightly more range
Up tilt is now an uppercut of sorts.
It is faster, and has more combo ability.
It doesn’t hit behind him.
Forward Areal hits lower on the first hit, allowing for it to hit easier, and combos into the second hit which can now KO at high percents.
The first hit on the forward areal deals less damage, and the second hit does more damage, but it deals less damage overall.
The move must now hit with both hits to receive much knockback, making it easier to punish.

Back Areal is faster
Up Areal has more KO power.

Pummel deals less damage.
Young Link has a new back throw; he turns around and slashes the opponent.
This has more KO power.
It also deals more damage.
Fire Bow sets the ground on fire when the arrow lands, allowing for combos if an opponent steps on it.

The arrows deal less damage.
Spin Slash has slightly better vertical recovery.
Bombs are now hit a couple times before launching opponents, allowing for combos.

The bombs do a lot less damage.
Young Link now has a Final Smash. The Fierce Deity.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actual Quote

"I want a game that's not a game."

Prease Understand your rogic.

Edit:
Done with decloned Pichu. :3 He is now (hopefully) high risk/reward. I think I changed him so much he isn't even a sami-clone. lol. Constructive criticism appreciated. :3 (in a spoiler box so I don't break the page)
Pichu takes more Recoil from electric attacks.
Neutral Attack has more range
Dash Attack has less ending lag.
Forward tilt fires a beam of energy (Signal Beam), improving range.
Up Tilt has the up smash’s animation, giving it better range.

It is slower.
Down Tilt has more range.
Neutral Areal has more range.

It does less damage
Pichu has a new Forward Areal. He twirls around as rain appears diagonally in front of him (Rain Dance).
It doesn’t hurt Pichu.

Pichu has a new Back Areal. He kicks behind himself while shooting electricity from his leg.
This has more range, damage, and KO power.
It also has more ending lag, and hurts Pichu for 4%.
Up Areal has more range.
Pichu has a new Down Areal. He pauses for a moment, then kicks diagonally downward.
This has no recoil.
It has more ending lag and does less damage.
Pichu’s Forward Smash deals more damage and knockback.
It has more recoil and ending lag. It does 4% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Up Smash. Pichu fires electricity straight up.
This has more range, damage and knockback.
This attack has recoil and ending lag. It does 3% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Down Smash. He fires electricity all around him.
This attack has more range, damage and knockback.
It has more recoil and ending lag. It does 6% to Pichu.
Pichu has a new Pummel. He punches the opponent, so there is no recoil.
Pichu has a new Forward Throw. He cutely throws the opponent.
No Recoil.
It deals less damage and knockback.
Pichu no longer uses electricity with his Up Throw.
Pichu no longer uses electricity with his Down Throw.
Pichu has a new Neutral Special: Volt Switch. He fires a ball of electricity. If it hits, he swaps places with the opponent.

This improves Pichu’s recovery.
He takes more recoil damage. He takes 3% using the move, and 5% switching.
Skull Bash no longer deals electric damage.
Agility no longer hurts Pichu.
Thunder has more KO power.

It has more recoil. It does 4% to Pichu if it hits him.
Pichu has a new final Smash: Bide he hits all opponents around him with 2 times the damage he has. This is the only final smash that can do 1% or 999% damage.
Here is Young Link's again for those who care. All one of you. (Also in a spoiler box.)
The first and last hit of Young Link’s Jab deal less damage
Infinite Combo now has a finisher.
Forward Smash is now a stab, making it easier to KO with
Down Smash is now a spin, which gives it less ending lag.
It now has deals an even amount of damage, and is significantly stronger because of it.
Dash has more KO power

It has more ending lag
Forward Tilt is a horizontal slash, and doesn’t as have much vertical distance
It has slightly more range
Up tilt is now an uppercut of sorts.
It is faster, and has more combo ability.
It doesn’t hit behind him.
Forward Areal hits lower on the first hit, allowing for it to hit easier, and combos into the second hit which can now KO at high percents.
The first hit on the forward areal deals less damage, and the second hit does more damage, but it deals less damage overall.
The move must now hit with both hits to receive much knockback, making it easier to punish.

Back Areal is faster
Up Areal has more KO power.

Pummel deals less damage.
Young Link has a new back throw; he turns around and slashes the opponent.
This has more KO power.
It also deals more damage.
Fire Bow sets the ground on fire when the arrow lands, allowing for combos if an opponent steps on it.

The arrows deal less damage.
Spin Slash has slightly better vertical recovery.
Bombs are now hit a couple times before launching opponents, allowing for combos.

The bombs do a lot less damage.
Young Link now has a Final Smash. The Fierce Deity.
That Pichu moveset is legitimately very interesting.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, come to think of it, Pichu would benefit from the rage mechanics in this game. Strategically hurting yourself so you could become more powerful is one plus but what if they added in a mechanic for Pichu like Lucario's aura where he moves and attacks faster the higher its damage is? That'd definitely balance out the lol-ishness of the character.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Seems like each Rare Game is a dollar a piece. I wonder if they'll sell each game a la carte for a dollar then at some point digitally.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mother 4 is an unofficial fangame.
indeed it is but is has the blessing of the original creator. So to call the franchise, dead, is a bit untrue.

I missed a bit of the Xbone conference, but I did see that hologram thing, that was pretty cool.

However I'm getting fallout 4 on the PC, and as far as shooters go, well... I'm a kid now then a squid, then a kid again.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
does anybody enjoy playing as mii fighters? because i got bored from them i feel i am not playing as a real character even when they added Zero and other costumes they are not interesting i wish if they added alot of costume moves (+:GCA: costumes) for them so i could feel more like playing as a real character

also here are some collection that i have from sharing for those who is interested on them

Daisy, Protoman, Zero, Alex kidd, Dunban, Bomberman, Geno, Barbara

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't know about that...Snake is very possible and he's already been in Smash once.
I'm weighing the Konami wall as a hefty one. I may be overplaying it. But that's how I currently feel. It's the fact that Kojima said he and Konami were never APPROACHED about Snake in Smash 4 that makes me so doubtful.... and also I said Newcomer.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My bad.
Rayman is still more likely than her.
Honestly even another Capcom character (esp. Phoenix) has a bigger chance.
Considering what Ubisoft and Wayforward have done with the Wii U, I'd beg to differ about Rayman. Apparently Shantae's the top vote in the ballot, but I question the source's legitimacy. Isaac and K.Rool were pretty damn close there though

Considering what Ubisoft and Wayforward have done with the Wii U, I'd beg to differ about Rayman. Apparently Shantae's the top vote in the ballot, but I question the source's legitimacy. Isaac and K.Rool were pretty damn close there though
I guarantee your source isnt official.
I also guarantee Shantae isnt the top voted charcter.

near the top maybe but definitely not #1

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am not arguing that Rayman has less of a name across gaming than Shantae.

I just feel that Shantae has more a tie to Nintendo and certainly her company has done better with Nintendo recently and may do comparably in the Ballot.

A fair amount of that ballot part is probably bias.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Shantae for Smashified, to little surprise.
Looks lovely, though.

Oh wow... I was really wondering how they were going to approach her given her artstyle (super animu-koo-koo-kachu) and I have to say I really like the outcome. Hell, she could practically pass as a Mario character with that design. Very impressive.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But Rayman is way more iconic/well-known than Shantae. And he does have a presence on Wii U and Wii.
I also highly doubt the top vote in the ballot is Shantae.
If Nintendo said no to Konami, why would they say yes to the company that A: Delayed an exclusive game to no longer make it exclusive? B: Blamed the sales of AC Black Flag on Nintendo fans not wanting 18+ games and C: Watchdogs and a possible ZombiU port? Wayforwards been with Nintendo for a long time and loves them, not saying that Shantae has a realistic chance (hoping she does) but she's also more Nintendo than Rayman

Burruni

Smash Hero

Oh wow... I was really wondering how they were going to approach her given her artstyle (super animu-koo-koo-kachu) and I have to say I really like the outcome. Hell, she could practically pass as a Mario character with that design. Very impressive.
Between the distinct art style of her games and the fact that she's been strictly 2D in high-detail sprite art, that was something that really came to question. I'm really glad that the team did justice to her when some other attempts at 3D shantae have... been lackluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Nintendo said no to Konami, why would they say yes to the company that A: Delayed an exclusive game to no longer make it exclusive? B: Blamed the sales of AC Black Flag on Nintendo fans not wanting 18+ games and C: Watchdogs and a possible ZombiU port? Wayforwards been with Nintendo for a long time and loves them, not saying that Shantae has a realistic chance (hoping she does) but she's also more Nintendo than Rayman
why would they add a character from a series specifically only on PS4 and PC? :4ryu:

Sakurai has shown he really doesnt give a crap about company BS before.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
why would they add a character from a series specifically only on PS4 and PC? :4ryu:

Oni, that's wrong and you know it.
His upcoming title is being made for those two titles, but just his main series games has 9 releases on Nintendo consoles and god knows how many games featuring him. Project X Zone and Street Fighter 4 being on the 3DS come to mind for any argument of that being ancient, despite his overall work focusing on SF2 on SNES.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ryu's based on his SFKI incarnation. 2 of the best selling SNES games. I'm not saying that Rayman's not Nintendo enough to be playable, but that Ubisoft has been **** with Nintendo for a while

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rayman has plenty of Nintendo time too
including an entire side series which, to my knowledge, is nintendo exclusive
Not denying that, again, I'm on the Rayman Supportlist on the thread, but Shantae feels more Nintendo. Maybe it's because some witch said Crap in Rayman 3, I don't know. Again, it's mostly the company that's my issue with Rayman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom