• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
is it shovel knight?
It is not! I haven't played his game so I don't really care about him, and I think Shantae is a much better indie choice, but I have nothing against him either, he'd be interesting.

It's actually a character on the main roster.
And people would've taken K. Rool over Wii Fit Trainer.

Sakurai's a weird man.
I find it hard to believe the idea of Ryu in Smash originated with Sakurai...

Burruni

Smash Hero
It is not! I haven't played his game so I don't really care about him, and I think Shantae is a much better indie choice, but I have nothing against him either, he'd be interesting.

It's actually a character on the main roster.

I find it hard to believe the idea of Ryu in Smash originated with Sakurai...
Oh it probably happened because of Capcom forcing Nintendo to in trade for Megaman.

But Sakurai is a weird man. Those two thoughts could have been taken as completely separate tangents.

RIP Banjo fans, I saw the Rare collection showing off Nuts and Bolts with the BK franchise
as someone who genuinely enjoys nuts and bolts I have no idea why its being given any light whatsoever.

microsoft needs to slay that demon or make it a legitimate franchise. dont keep it and thus the entire IP in Limbo. . .

Burruni

Smash Hero
as someone who genuinely enjoys nuts and bolts I have no idea why its being given any light whatsoever.

microsoft needs to slay that demon or make it a legitimate franchise. dont keep it and thus the entire IP in Limbo. . .
I'm legitimately surprised we saw nothing of Banjo Kinect or Project Spark.

....Project Spark didn't come out, did it?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anybody have any fervent hopes or dreams for tomorrow's digital presentation?

The most I can expect is Wolf, though any character announcement at all would be great. I'm honestly not expecting any Smash news at all.

The most I can expect is Wolf, though any character announcement at all would be great. I'm honestly not expecting any Smash news at all.
hopes and dreams?
Kid Icarus Uprising, Wonderful 102, any metroid game, Wonder Red for smash. Ridley DLC

what I expect is none of that :p

Im feel like smash was its own thing for a reason and we are getting only non-smash news from here on out.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Wolf if there's anything Smash related.
Otherwise not a lot. They'll have most of my expectations so I have little hype.
So Metroid or go home Nintendo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are we still under the impression that third parties have to be "close" to Nintendo?

Because that's a load of crock really.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's interesting: out of all these wonderful new characters, and even considering hypothetical DLC newcomers, there's no character I can think of that I'd rather play over Pit. It feels good to have a dedicated main.

That said, if Wonder Red, Tiki and Anna were added, they would very quickly rush to fill my top five~ ;3
Wonder Flick needs to be a thing.
copyrighted by yours truly

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That Pichu moveset is legitimately very interesting.
Thanks. :3

Xenoblade Chronicles X (I want at least a release date) Star Fox U (So I can actually see how the series plays like. lol) Kirby in 3D like Super Mario Galaxy (or just a main series Kirby game in general.)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Are we still under the impression that third parties have to be "close" to Nintendo?

Because that's a load of crock really.
True, very true. Rayman, please, give me the Rayman.

So I'm watching E3 and man, every year there are more shoot bangs.

Okay well here are my picks/characters I support for DlC in no particularly order.

Wolf- Star Fox

Snake- Company nonsense doesn't matter really but it's still up in the air. Though he is very important to gaming and I would love for him to fight Ryu for some reason

Inkling- Money and demand

Rayman- Same as Snake

Ridley- Money and demand beat "I don't feel I can portray him accurately" or "TOO BIG"

King K Rool- Demand

Bayonetta/Wonder Red- Demand

Shantae- Demand

Impa- Possible

Nightmare/ Some other Namco or Sega character- I don't know who but I feel Sega and Namco with both get a second rep.

Other Veterans- Nope sorry I just doubt anyone other than Wolf and possibly Snake coming back. If the demand is there, I mean really there, like King K Rool levels of being there, then yeah everyone will come back but, I don't think any of the aforementioned veterans will ever have that level of support.

Paper Mario- Yeah its Mario but at least visually and thematically he is a world apart from vanilla Mario or Doctor Mario. Its not like with any of Link or a lot of the Zelda character variants (Other than Ganon cause Sakurai. Tetra too I suppose) where you basically have the same guys doing the same stuff with very,very ,very ,very ,very ,very slight adjustments. Paper Mario doesn't have that problem, so I loosely support him.

Well feel free to comment on this list.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You people just got three DLC fighters, two stages and several Mii outfits, and you really think there is more tomorrow?! The Smash fan base really is insatiasable. Going to have to wait until Late July/early August at the earliest before we hear anything more from Sakurai.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
You people just got three DLC fighters, two stages and several Mii outfits, and you really think there is more tomorrow?! The Smash fan base really is insatiasable. Going to have to wait until Late July/early August at the earliest before we hear anything more from Sakurai.
Eh... it could happen.

Is it likely? Psst I don't know, I'm not a mind reader.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ubisoft didn't have any Rayman... but Legends was revealed with Nintendo, so...

And for all the people talking about "third party closeness" (which means jack as Swamp and Ryu pointed out), Nintendo recently mentioned third parties and specifically named Ubisoft as one of the Wii U's biggest supporters, the exact opposite of claims.

So yeah, my money is still on Rayman as the top third party newcomer. I think Snake has the best chance, but he's a veteran.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If anything it will probably just be:
The Legend of Zelda Wii U(bythewaywearealsoworkingonWolfDLC)Star Fox Wii U.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eh... it could happen.

Is it likely? Psst I don't know, I'm not a mind reader.
Could happen, yes. A lot of things "could happen." But coming off a Smash-dedicated direct covering, had they not leaked, two extra characters and stages. That is a lot. If Nintendo had wanted Smash content to be in their E3 presentation tomorrow we would have just had what was shown off yesterday saved until then. Nintendo is saving the big guns for this impending Direct. The fact we've had two mini-Directs prior to E3 tells me even without Zelda Wii U they have a lot to show for.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ubisoft didn't have any Rayman... but Legends was revealed with Nintendo, so...

And for all the people talking about "third party closeness" (which means jack as Swamp and Ryu pointed out), Nintendo recently mentioned third parties and specifically named Ubisoft as one of the Wii U's biggest supporters, the exact opposite of claims.

So yeah, my money is still on Rayman as the top third party newcomer. I think Snake has the best chance, but he's a veteran.
So you're saying how third-party closeness means nothing then saying because Nintendo named Ubisoft as one of the Wii U's closest supporters Rayman has your money as top contender?

Umm...

@ N3ON N3ON I know you're talking about :4darkpit: :p.
Mehbeh.

He's just 2 edgy 4 me. :p

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

I want to see a Wolf announcement, but I don't think we'll get any Sm4sh news due to the DLC we got yesterday.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So you're saying how third-party closeness means nothing then saying because Nintendo named Ubisoft as one of the Wii U's closest supporters Rayman has your money as top contender?
You read my post wrong.

People whine about how Ubisoft screwed over Nintendo and abandoned the Wii U, so word directly from Nintendo that Ubisoft is one of the biggest supporters is just something to shut them up. I still think closeness is BS because of Snake and Ryu.

But people need to hear what they want to hear.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
You read my post wrong.

People whine about how Ubisoft screwed over Nintendo and abandoned the Wii U, so word directly from Nintendo that Ubisoft is one of the biggest supporters is just something to shut them up. I still think closeness is BS because of Snake and Ryu.

But people need to hear what they want to hear.
Wouldn't it be Snake and Mega Man? He came first and both are Capcom.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New chance chart:

100%- Ryu, Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy
99%- Wolf
90%- (Not shown) RH character
75%- Chorus Kids
60%- Dixie Kong
50%- Ice Climbers, Inklings
25%- King K. Rool, Professor Layton, Rayman, Young Link, Cross
20%- Jibanyan, Snake, Captain Toad, Bayonetta, Toon Zelda
15%- Impa, Pichu, Wonder Red, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Tetra, Monita
10%- Daisy, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ray MK, Quote, Geno, Phoenix Wright, Mach Rider
7.5%- Ninten, Lip, Sceptile, Shovel Knight, Shantae
5%- Henry Fleming
1%- Banjo & Kazooie and Simon Belmont
0.01%- Ridley

Based on the currently rated RTC characters.
I might have to raise the chances of the other veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirrel) soon.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
New chance chart:

99%- Wolf
75%- Chorus Kids
60%- Dixie Kong
15%- Impa, Pichu, Wonder Red, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Tetra, Monita
5%- Henry Fleming
0.01%- Ridley

I might have to raise the chances of the other veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirrel) soon.
Who is...
Cross?
Jinbanyan?
Pichu? (Just kidding on Pichu)

New chance chart:

99%- Wolf
75%- Chorus Kids
60%- Dixie Kong
5%- Henry Fleming
0.01%- Ridley

Chorus kids above k rool AND dixie

Isaac and bandana dee below Bayonetta and jibanyan and toon zelda

And thats from just a glance :/

Why even bother putting ridley on these lists?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
New chance chart:

99%- Wolf
75%- Chorus Kids
60%- Dixie Kong
5%- Henry Fleming
0.01%- Ridley

Oh god, here we go again.

Pakky

Smash Hero
New chance chart:

99%- Wolf
75%- Chorus Kids
60%- Dixie Kong
5%- Henry Fleming
0.01%- Ridley

Um, sir, Ice Climbers should be right below Ridley because it was flat out said they can't happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom