• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
That's basically shifting the goalposts to suit your side.
Side games also include racing games and a party game.
Yeah but educational games can't be compared to things like that. Besides they're based on Rayman 1 so, this doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Rayman has plenty of Nintendo time too
including an entire side series which, to my knowledge, is nintendo exclusive
I, nor do I think anyone, is arguing that Rayman hasn't had loyalty to Nintendo. But his company has had friction with Nintendo and that's what some people will say puts him out of reason for anything more than his 3 trophies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
rayman,shantae and simon belmont/bayonetta are the 3rd parties i seen getting tossed around outside of smashboards and imo shantae and or rayman would be amazing

Pakky

Smash Hero
It still bears the Rayman name.
Mario Hotel and Mario teaches typing are still Mario games albeit forgettable ones.
And it's based on Rayman 1 so its not really even a separate entity, just the original game with math and junk. Also okay, "Mario is Missing" is a Mario game then. But eh, long story short Shantae is no more or less "Nintendo" than Rayman.

Last edited:
I really do need to buy Shantae's game. Stupid lack of flash sales meaning i have to wait because I try to be excessively frugal with these steam sales. . .

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And it's based on Rayman 1 so its not really even a separate entity, just the original game with math and junk. Also okay, "Mario is Missing" is a Mario game then.
Published by Nintendo on the NES as well as bearing the Mario name.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Let's be honest here.

Rayman has about ten million games across all platforms.

Shantae has four games on Nintendo platforms.

If we're talking numbers, Rayman wins by default.

Numbers are not a good way of vindicating a character's merit.

To wit, saying Shantae is "more deserving" because Rayman doesn't have as much appearances on Nintendo is nonsense: omitting the fact that he has quantitatively more, there's also the issue with Shantae's relative lack of exposure in the gaming industry. Rayman is about ten times as iconic as Shantae is to the non-gaming, if you will, layman; Shantae, on the other hand, has her coterie of dedicated fans and a great reputation for her small yet devoted amount of titles.

Both characters have their strengths, debating how many games or how loyal one is to Nintendo should not be used as an impetus for either case.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Published by Nintendo on the NES as well as bearing the Mario name.
And the MS-DOS. But like I said the educational games were based on Rayman 1 to my knowledge so, it really doesn't matter seeing as how the actual game was on a Nintendo console multiple times.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's be honest here.

To wit, saying Shantae is "more deserving" because Rayman doesn't have as much appearances on Nintendo is nonsense: omitting the fact that he has quantitatively more, there's also the issue with Shantae's relative lack of exposure in the gaming industry. Rayman is about ten times as iconic as Shantae is to the non-gaming, if you will, layman; Shantae, on the other hand, has her coterie of dedicated fans and a great reputation for her small yet devoted amount of titles.

Both characters have their strengths, debating how many games or how loyal one is to Nintendo should not be used as an impetus for either case.
I agree. I don't think any Indie's are happening at all; I only see gaming icons added. Even Rayman is iffy, but he's far more of a gaming icon than Shantae. The closest I can think of is Quote, he's arguably the gaming icon on Indie games, even though there's only one Cave Story game that's been remade a couple times and ported to other consoles. So I don't even think he'd be added.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Let's be honest here.

My grounds for Shantae, beyond "Games good, she's cool, arsenal for moves," have been that Wayforward with the "Mighty ___ ___" Games and "Shantae" are the biggest indie string for Nintendo, "Nindie." Rayman's another plausible 3rd Party Newcomer but he' one of few for major 3rd Party companies and Shantae basically is the only true hope for any of the Indie market that Nintendo has been trying to play up for the consoles.

Once again, all my opinion.

Edit: Here we go with EA, saying that the fans make them better... and open with Need For Speed. Woo.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Again, my only problem with Rayman is Ubisoft. That's it really
Which doesn't matter. Companies burn and build bridges all the time. Also if demand is high enough, imaginary reasoning falls because there is money to be made.

So I'm watching EA's "thing"

EA: Little character made of Yarn

Me: Kirby? No Yoshi?

EA: No Yarny.

Me:..

EA: Tells this LONG story

Me: Welp time to take a poop.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Now that Roy, Ryu and Lucas in you can people who voted for them in the ballot can change it to someone else!

Maybe Someone who's very requested and has waited a long time for a chance to make a BIG debut?

Someone who's been wrongly treated and excluded for legitimately poor reasons?

Some who's Ridley,

Ridley from Metroid,

Please Vote Ridley

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not that Roy, Ryu and Lucas in you can people who voted for them in the ballot can change it to someone else!

Maybe Someone who's very requested and has waited a long time for a chance to make a BIG debut?

Someone who's been wrongly treated and excluded for legitimately poor reasons

Some who's Ridley

Ridley from Metroid

Please Vote Ridley
This, but any of the characters in my signature. ;)
Mostly the Zelda characters though. And Midna is the best one of those.
Someone vote for Midna please. :urg:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Now that Roy, Ryu and Lucas in you can people who voted for them in the ballot can change it to someone else!

Some who's Ridley,

Ridley from Metroid,

Please Vote Ridley
Or Ganon.

Please vote Ganon.

Some who's Ridley,

Ridley from Metroid,

Please Vote Ridley
A lot if the lucas and roy fans are probably supporting other Veterans with votes from what ive seen. EX wolf and IC

Ryu votes didnt really exist in the first place :p
Smash roster + DLC + Smashified

Made for kicks~
Mother 4 guy cant look much more out of place. He even seems a little confused :laugh:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's interesting: out of all these wonderful new characters, and even considering hypothetical DLC newcomers, there's no character I can think of that I'd rather play over Pit. It feels good to have a dedicated main.

That said, if Wonder Red, Tiki and Anna were added, they would very quickly rush to fill my top five~ ;3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's interesting: out of all these wonderful new characters, and even considering hypothetical DLC newcomers, there's no character I can think of that I'd rather play over Pit. It feels good to have a dedicated main.

That said, if Wonder Red, Tiki and Anna were added, they would very quickly rush to fill my top five~ ;3
UNIIITE FISTBUMP!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still think that Shovel Knight would be an awesome WTF DLC newcomer. :urg:
That's my dilemma with supporting characters. I would probably never touch Captain Toad if he were playable, and Inklings probably wouldn't fit into my playstyle.
I would play the **** out of Excite Bike, Midna, Ghirahim, Ganon, or Jill, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom