• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Imagine if everyone didn't know the content of the presentation before watching it.

Ryu and Roy out of nowhere, released right away. The reaction would've been amazing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
After seeing Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas coming back in smash. I decide to make a video on my top 10 first party characters that I would like to see added in DLC. :079:
So, I check the paper mario part and I read the text, I feel I heard that exact text somewhere....

*look at the support thread*

LOL, YOU PASTED IT :)

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
20 characters with the best chance at DLC IMO
  1. Wolf
  2. King K. Rool
  3. Inkling
  4. Young Link
  5. Impa
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. Bandana Dee
  8. Krystal
  9. Ridley
  10. Issac
  11. Chorus Kids
  12. Captain Toad
  13. Yarn Yoshi
  14. Pichu (could easily be a Pikachu costume)
  15. Snake
  16. Ice Climbers
  17. Ivysaur
  18. Squirtle
  19. Chibi-Robo
  20. Tingle
All of those are either:
Veterans (Wolf, Young Link, Pichu, Snake, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Rumored newcomers before Smash 4 was released (Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong)
Likely to win Smash ballot (King K. Rool, Ridley)
Easy to add, semi-clones (Krystal, Bandana Dee, Yarn Yoshi)
Potential ??? DLC for the lulz (Chibi-Robo, Tingle)
Or
Highly popular fan-favorites (Inkling, Captain Toad, Issac)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh to help if anybody wants all characters

$41.92 for all characters if you have both (-3.99 if you successfully did the mewtwo club nintendo thing.)
(this number is for 8 characters)

$33.92 if you only have 1 version (this is doubled if you get another version later.)

I don't know how stages sakurai are going to make since he said a little ammount is going to be made.

Pakky

Smash Hero
After seeing Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas coming back in smash. I decide to make a video on my top 10 first party characters that I would like to see added in DLC. :079:
I like you list a lot, excellent choices.

I however argue with myself on paper Mario.

who the hell could bandana dee be a semi clone of? kirby doesnt have a spear. . .

Ridley isnt happening because sakurai said so. Tingle is an AT
Sakurai says a lot of things, but money can sway stubbornness. Ice climbers though, they actually can't happen.

Also I have to say with the unexpected amount of work that went into Ryu, I can't see why more complex character can't be included. To me in the matter of the Ice climbers it's a factor of it can't be done which is a shame for those who like that (I could care less but that's me) in the matter of Ridley and others its either a matter of Sakurai won't (which is subject to change, see The Villager) or it's coming.

Last edited:
  1. Wolf Agree
  2. King K. Rool Agree
  3. Inkling Agree
  4. Young Link Debatable, easy to make, but not exactly popular, very similar to Toon Link
  5. Impa Agree
  6. Dixie Kong Agree
  7. Bandana Dee Agree, except I don't see him as a semi-clone
  8. Krystal Agree
  9. Ridley Disagree, already a boss and Sakurai won't add him
  10. Issac Agree
  11. Chorus Kids Disagree, while RH character is likely, Chorus Kids would likely have problems with 3DS
  12. Captain Toad Agree
  13. Yarn Yoshi Debatable, easy to make, could promote YWW, but has barely any demand
  14. Pichu (could easily be a Pikachu costume) Agree, except for that Pikachu costume part
  15. Snake Debatable, Konami has been a mess lately
  16. Ice Climbers Disagree, problems with 3DS
  17. Ivysaur Agree
  18. Squirtle Agree
  19. Chibi-Robo Agree
  20. Tingle Disagree, already an AT
My opinions in bold.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The best part of the whole thing was when lyn protected roy from being hit, (*sniffle* could been playable...but.. elibe represent!)

So.... anyone expect a smash announcement during the nintendo e3 direct or nah?

Cause idk, i cant shake the feeling that theres something there, like wolf.

Gonna try these guys out now, brb gonna have fun.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would say the Top 5 candidates to be DLC are as follows...

1. Wolf
2. K. Rool
3. Isaac
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Impa

Burruni

Smash Hero
My thoughts with the direct.

Trailers were good. Roy's was better than Ryu's.

TOURNAMENT MODE IS SO DELAYED WE'RE GONNA START CALLING IT BRAWL MODE

Hyrule Castle 64, Hell Yeah!

PEACH'S CASTLE 64 INSTEAD OF SAFFRON CITY OR PEACH'S CASTLE IN MELEE, BOOOOO

Still not gonna buy a mii outfit.

Really? Not even gonna reference the ballot?

And Wolf is even more assured.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm a fan of Peach's Castle but I do agree that Saffron City should have been in instead.

Also, Sakurai's statement about Stage DLC makes me pretty pessimistic about seeing potential Melee stages like Fourside and Poke Floats in the game which kinda sucks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think Sakurai will bring all Smash 64 stages back in the game. Just my opinion.

My stance on top 5 likely:
1. Wolf 99%
2. Chorus Kids 75%
3. Dixie Kong
4. Ice Climbers/Inklings 50%
5. King K. Rool/Professor Layton/Rayman/Young Link 25%

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Most likely candidates for DLC?

I would say Wolf, Isaac, K. Rool or Dixie Kong, maybe another guest character (wishful thinking) and I do not know what the chances are but hoping for Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I generally think they can fit in a couple more characters so my guess is that the roster could reach around the 60 limit.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
  1. Wolf hes practically locked for the digital direct as of now
  2. King K. Rool Yea hes going to win the ballot and one of the ballot characters is a lock for one of the dlc characters and hes looooooooooong overdue for a playable
  3. Inkling. Theres way too much going to them and the costumes definatly don't deconfirm them because the suit did not change the bullets to ink
  4. Young Link Your kidding right toon link is practically young link.
  5. Impa. Yep if theres going to be any more zelda reps its her
  6. Dixie Kong. For hero side dixie is it for another rep but the king is more likely than her
  7. Bandana Dee. Yes the last kirby rep possible so come on in if you can bandana dee
  8. Krystal. Shes the last possible fox rep (Wolf is practically locked)
  9. Ridley. Its really debatable for me because theres a couple of yellow flags at sakurais reasons for ridleys 3rd failure. 1 for his wings shrunk and ruins his free flight, But however charizard meta knight and 7 more of the playables can fly freely as much as ridley. 2 for the crashing problem doesn't mean you can try to fix it, and for ruining his menecing looks when shrunken, thats easy me including millions of others can't see his menecing looks go away when shrunken. But overall hes already a boss and sakurai won't let him in
  10. Issac. Now this i agree with i think isaac is overrated quite a bit
  11. Chorus Kids Yea they back on speculation before it was the ghost enemy on smash run, but now a song on the miiverse stage that came out today (and people having trouble getting due to traffic) but the probelm is they're are way more possible rythem heaven characters possible than them.
  12. Captain Toad. Ah yes the last possible mario rep as of smash 4 same thing as inklings
  13. Yarn Yoshi What is this yoshi doing here? Plus i can't see this happening
  14. Pichu (could easily be a Pikachu costume) well pichu could happen since hes the last possible melee veteran that failed (toon link is practically young link.)
  15. Snake hes toast now ryu most likely to haved storyukened his chances entirely
  16. Ice Climbers. Ok how many times do we have to tell you ice climber hopers they are done for smash 4 the 3DS road blocks them from getting in and sakurai is starting to think they are not unquie like the other retros playable
  17. Ivysaur. Sceptile would be more likely than ivysaur.
  18. Squirtle. 2 problems 1 mewtwo. May have taken that spot and same as ivysaur.
  19. Chibi-Robo. The placement is wrong he should be a little higher on this chart very popular and hes got a new 3ds game in development in japan
  20. Tingle. Yep impa has atvantage over this gnome.
All of those are either:
Veterans (Wolf, Young Link, Pichu, Snake, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Rumored newcomers before Smash 4 was released (Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong)
Likely to win Smash ballot (King K. Rool, Ridley)
Easy to add, semi-clones (Krystal, Bandana Dee, Yarn Yoshi)
Potential ??? DLC for the lulz (Chibi-Robo, Tingle)
Or
Highly popular fan-favorites (Inkling, Captain Toad, Issac)
My opinions are bolded

And red is incorrect and green is correct

And yellow is debateable

Burruni

Smash Hero
Do you think anything will be announced at the Nintendo World Championships?
No.
If there were plans for Smash at E3, we wouldn't have gotten this direct.

In a world without leaks, we'd have this direct played up over a week or so, get :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: ready to go alongside 2 new stages and like 10 mii fighter outfits

kylexv

Smash Master
No.
If there were plans for Smash at E3, we wouldn't have gotten this direct.

In a world without leaks, we'd have this direct played up over a week or so, get :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: ready to go alongside 2 new stages and like 10 mii fighter outfits
I don't think so either. There's always hope though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think so either. There's always hope though.
IMO, at best, we're gonna get :wolf: announced to return but not shown off in any capacity.

And either way when the August DLC update happens for the N64 stages and likely other Mii Outfits, we're going to have Wolf datamined out.

Edit:
Also, I'd say the top 5 are contenders for DLC, maybe even top 10. Ballots aren't a contest.
If you are honestly expecting B&K, Shovel Knight, or Snake, don't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. It's a suggestion box in which popularity is a major factor but not the only one.

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Let's be realistic here people.

At this point, Sakurai is just doing what he wants most of all. I think the only DLC character that's "likely" is Wolf. Everything else is up in the air.

I don't know how many ballot characters we'll see, but 2 (at most 3) seems like a reasonable number.

As far as who's likely, let's instead approach this from a more logical standpoint, and see who's NOT likely or look at opposition all candidates face rather than circlejerk out fantasies over who we wanna see the most and coming up with some arbitrary percentile.

Newcomers:

Inkling - with content for them already being in the game, I think they've got a better chance at showing up in Smash 5, especially since Splatoon is basically guaranteed a sequel given its global success.

Impa - not unless she scores high in the ballots. However, given her recent rise in recgnition and popularity, I can see something happening for the next game.

Chrom - not happening, not even next game

Elma (yes, the girl from Xenoblade X) - if we're ever gonna see another Xeno character added to Smash, it'll without a doubt be her. However, I can only see it happening as DLC for now, and she kinda falls into the same paradox as the Inklings, where she was released too late to make Smash 4, and too early to be relevant by Smash 5. It's likely that Xenoblade X will get some direct sequels from what I've heard about the story of that game, and if so, she's a strong conteder for Smash 5, possibly replacing Shulk, on the other hand though, XenoX was met with some strong criticism from Japanese fans, so who knows.

Waluigi, Lyn, Ashley, Zero, Tingle, Ridley, or any other character already in the game as an Assist Trophy, Stage Boss, or Mii outfit - try again. Not saying it can't happen, but the chances of it happening are incredibly slim tbh, their content is already in the game to serve as a form of representation for that character. That was the whole point of ATs, Miis, and Bosses.

Captain Toad and Bandana Dee - I don't see either happening this game, perhaps its personal bias, but compared to the other contenders they are among the most weak and least popular.

The Monster Hunter: I see this a lot, but not only is it dumb cause Ryu is already in, but CAPCOM HAS OFFICIALLY SAID THEY DON'T WANNA SEE HIM IN ANY CROSSOVER TITLE EVER PERIOD AS IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTER. Yes, I know there are other characters like that, but you don't understand what MH is about if you're seriously comparing other custom characters to MH. AND, those devs have never gone out to state they don't wanna see it happening.

Chorus Kids: I forgot these existed tbh. Whether or not you choose to believe the leaks were legit kinda plays into it all. If Sakurai throws a curveball, this might be it.

Veterants:

Snake - Konami wants Kojima dead. Not happening.

IC - hardware limitations. 3DS still stands as an obstacle

Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu - all three of those were not very popular, and DLC doesn't serve as an excuse to bring back ALL the cut veterans. Same as with Snake, I guarantee you there'll be a lot of non-returning vets. Only reason Roy and Mewtwo got to be DLC is cause they were planned for Brawl but didn't make it due to time constraints. Lucas (and Wolf) fall under the same category in that they were planned development for Smash 4, and then added later on as DLC. Don't delude yourself into believing every character that was cut will come back just cause some vets came back with minor changes.

Young Link - see above, perhaps in Smash 5 if he gets major recognition and is added as a totally new idea rather than a Link clone, but I doubt it. Plus, he essentially transformed into Toon Link. He got mostly decloned, and changed his neutral special. I hardly see the argument in favor of having him aside from a cosmetic preference.

So, what does that leave us with?

Well, on average, these are the top characters in polls for the ballots across western sites, and some of the obstacles that stand in each one's way:

Isaac (Golden Sun) - dead series, and rather medicre RPG if I'm gonna be honest, but he's got a strong backing and if popular demand is met, then he's got a good shot.

Banjo and Kazooie - another dead series, but with a dedicated fanbase and a Nintendo classic. One perfectly fit for Smash, however, owned by a competitor, one who is willing to cooperate however. Overall decent shot, out of all the guest characters, he's the most likely imo.

K. Rool - most likely to become DLC out of the ballots, very popular, and with few obstacles.

Bayonetta - not as unlikely as most make her out to be, but still rather unlikely. Truly, the nudity is hardly an issue and this is evident to anyone who's bothered to play Bayonetta 1 and 2. In all honesty, her biggest obstacle is the fact that Smash 4 is pushing for an E rating, not a T rating like the last games. Under a T for Teen game, she'd have little trouble getting in, and again, those who argue against this, need to play Bayonetta to undertand why the nuances brought up are as irrelevant as they are. Still, I doubt she'd get in, even with high support.

Paper Mario - Decent shot. After Isaac and K.Rool I can see it happening. Again, few bstacles and very popular.

Krystal - with Wolf in the way, I don't think she's got a very good shot. And she's not popular enough in comparison tbh.

Rayman - Not with Banjo destroying polls like he is. Fat chance I say.

Wonder Red - a rather niche character, but probably the best choice after Paper Mario. Still rather unlikely overall I feel though. Simply cause I doubt we'll get enough DLC for him to "make the cut" again, ballot will probably only pull 2-3 characters.

Indie characters:

Shovel Knight - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, game's not even out in Japan, you people are crazy, no amount of support will get him in.

Shantae - if we're gonna be real, this is the only indie character with a decent shot. Overall, I feel that indies aren't gonna get in simply due to the fact that Smash is meant to be a celebration to gaming's All-stars, upstarting indie characters are hardly that, but Shantae has honestly grown enough, and has enough ties to Nintendo to truly stand out above the rest. Overall though... no likely at all.

Those are my closing thoughs. All in all:

Given:
Wolf

Very possible (choose 2-3):
Isaac
K. Rool
Banjo
Paper Mario
Wonder Red
-------------------gap-----------------
Inkling
Elma
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Captain Toad
Rayman
Bayonetta
--------------------------large gap-------------------
everyone else

Unless Sakurai decides to throw some sort of curveball, but with the DLC I doubt it, he seems to be focused on pleasing the fans overall. Plus, it'd be illogical to make a DLC character that nobody wants to get. Probably why they opted for the ballots in the first place.

So, before you start typing up your walls of text as to why I'm wrong in saying that the Pokemon and YL won't come back, stop to think for a moment. "Where do they stand in contrast to the newcomers in terms of popularity?"

If the mons and YL are topping the charts, then you've got a point, however, if they don't, then they won't get any priority over them simply for being vets. Overall, I say expect 3-4 more DLC characters and that's it.

EDIT:

Add the Chorus Kids as a strange ??? somewhere in there as it's really difficult to accurately determine what was indeed true and what wasn't regarding everything surrounding them. It's possible, like with everyone else, but they just aren't all that popular these days aside from diehard bandwagoners. Given that, it's possible they might have just been a scrapped idea overall, much like Dixie Diddie duo, Toon Zelda, and Praimai. Again, if Sakurai throws a curveball in the mix, I'd expect them to be it. That aside, I don't expect them over chart toppers.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This can help Ninten potentially be a newcomer in Smash 5.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Veterants:

Snake - Konami wants Kojima dead. Not happening.

IC - hardware limitations. 3DS still stands as an obstacle

Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu - all three of those were not very popular, and DLC doesn't serve as an excuse to bring back ALL the cut veterans. Same as with Snake, I guarantee you there'll be a lot of non-returning vets. Only reason Roy and Mewtwo got to be DLC is cause they were planned for Brawl but didn't make it due to time constraints. Lucas (and Wolf) fall under the same category in that they were planned development for Smash 4, and then added later on as DLC. Don't delude yourself into believing every character that was cut will come back just cause some vets came back with minor changes.

Young Link - see above, perhaps in Smash 5 if he gets major recognition and is added as a totally new idea rather than a Link clone, but I doubt it. Plus, he essentially transformed into Toon Link. He got mostly decloned, and changed his neutral special. I hardly see the argument in favor of having him aside from a cosmetic preference.
This, this this, this. I agree with you 100%. Especially when it comes to the Pokemon and Link. With Snake I'm on the fence but your reasons are valid. Konami wants to eat themselves and Kojima was the only man there to stop them from doing so.

So, what does that leave us with?

Well, on average, these are the top characters in polls for the ballots across western sites, and some of the obstacles that stand in each one's way:

Isaac (Golden Sun) - dead series, and rather medicre RPG if I'm gonna be honest, but he's got a strong backing and if popular demand is met, then he's got a good shot.

Banjo and Kazooie - another dead series, but with a dedicated fanbase and a Nintendo classic. One perfectly fit for Smash, however, owned by a competitor, one who is willing to cooperate however. Overall decent shot, out of all the guest characters, he's the most likely imo.

K. Rool - most likely to become DLC out of the ballots, very popular, and with few obstacles.

Bayonetta - not as unlikely as most make her out to be, but still rather unlikely. Truly, the nudity is hardly an issue and this is evident to anyone who's bothered to play Bayonetta 1 and 2. In all honesty, her biggest obstacle is the fact that Smash 4 is pushing for an E rating, not a T rating like the last games. Under a T for Teen game, she'd have little trouble getting in, and again, those who argue against this, need to play Bayonetta to undertand why the nuances brought up are as irrelevant as they are. Still, I doubt she'd get in, even with high support.

Paper Mario - Decent shot. After Isaac and K.Rool I can see it happening. Again, few bstacles and very popular.

Krystal - with Wolf in the way, I don't think she's got a very good shot. And she's not popular enough in comparison tbh.

Rayman - Not with Banjo destroying polls like he is. Fat chance I say.

Wonder Red - a rather niche character, but probably the best choice after Paper Mario. Still rather unlikely overall I feel though. Simply cause I doubt we'll get enough DLC for him to "make the cut" again, ballot will probably only pull 2-3 characters.
I agree the Bayonetta thing troubles me but I see your reasoning especially with Tharja being cut as a trophy. All other points not included I have no comment or agree. This whole "muh Veterans should get in" thing is silly.

Also this doesn't apply to the comment above but the idea of 12 Pokemon in this game is disgusting. You all know it is, I know it is. Six is not a bad number nor is it a low number. Quality before quantity, if thought isn't exercised when picking characters, you get a bloody mess, for an example look up Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
I don't think this is realistic at all.
Glad to see bias doesn't play into your opinion at all. Half of the debates in this thread occur because too many people self-delude with unrealistic expectations.

Perhaps you should try being objective rather than let your desire cloud your judgement.

For example, I'll give you three tries to guess my most wanted based on the post I wrote. I bet you'll be wrong all three times.

I agree the Bayonetta thing troubles me but I see your reasoning especially with Tharja being cut as a trophy. All other points not included I have no comment or agree. This whole "muh Veterans should get in" thing is silly.
Imo, Tharja was cut to keep Smash at an E rating. Nothing less.

The point I was trying to make was that people saying "hurr, Bayonetta would never be in cause she's too sexualized and she gets naked when she attacks" just goes to show the small number of people that actually bothered to pick up the best game for WiiU thus far.

All of Bayonetta's attacks that cause "her clothes to come off" reveal that she's wearing some sort of bikini underneath, a detail I might add, that is so minor it can easily be removed and still stay true to the character, the exception being her summons, all of which are the equivalent of a super move, no different from a Final Smash. Yes, Bayonetta is risque, yes, she's sexualized, but the sexualization that ACTUALLY takes place is more for comedic purposes than to make teenagers horny. The entire point of the game is to laugh at the absurdity of the game and the sexualization that takes place because it's so over the top. The M rating moreso comes from the gory beheadings and such than from the sexualization of its leading protag, as it's nothing that truly crosses the line.

Either way, she's got a very slim chance of getting in. Her only saving grace is her popular demand, but even still, I personally don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

The point I was trying to make was that people saying "hurr, Bayonetta would never be in cause she's too sexualized and she gets naked when she attacks" just goes to show the small number of people that actually bothered to pick up the best game for WiiU thus far.

All of Bayonetta's attacks that cause "her clothes to come off" reveal that she's wearing some sort of bikini underneath, a detail I might add, that is so minor it can easily be removed and still stay true to the character, the exception being her summons, all of which are the equivalent of a super move, no different from a Final Smash. Yes, Bayonetta is risque, yes, she's sexualized, but the sexualization that ACTUALLY takes place is more for comedic purposes than to make teenagers horny. The entire point of the game is to laugh at the absurdity of the game and the sexualization that takes place because it's so over the top. The M rating moreso comes from the gory beheadings and such than from the sexualization of its leading protag, as it's nothing that truly crosses the line.

Either way, she's got a very slim chance of getting in. Her only saving grace is her popular demand, but even still, I personally don't see it happening.
Oh okay I completely understand. I appreciate the extra explanation, sorry if I caused confusion.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai will bring all Smash 64 stages back in the game. Just my opinion.

My stance on top 5 likely:
1. Wolf 99%
2. Chorus Kids 75%
3. Dixie Kong
4. Ice Climbers/Inklings 50%
5. King K. Rool/Professor Layton/Rayman/Young Link 25%
K. Rool that low is laughable.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Glad to see bias doesn't play into your opinion at all. Half of the debates in this thread occur because too many people self-delude with unrealistic expectations.

Perhaps you should try being objective rather than let your desire cloud your judgement.

For example, I'll give you three tries to guess my most wanted based on the post I wrote. I bet you'll be wrong all three times.

Expecting Banjo to happen and is THAT likely when he's directly owned by a competitor company is also a strong example of bias.
And Bayonetta has far more of the issue of being nearly as important as a character for gaming as awhole in comparison to :4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu:

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Expecting Banjo to happen and is THAT likely when he's directly owned by a competitor company is also a strong example of bias.
And Bayonetta has far more of the issue of being nearly as important as a character for gaming as awhole in comparison to :4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu:
Maybe you should go back to reread the part where I said I didn't see Bayonetta happening. I think that should give you a clear example of what I believe will happen to all the other popular picks around here that I placed below her (except Dixie, I forgot her).

Second, I don't recall it ever being said that characters owned by other companies or competitors weren't eligible. I think more evidence stands in favor of Banjo being in, than against him.

Finally, you got my most wanted wrong both times. Three more tries~

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Maybe you should go back to reread the part where I said I didn't see Bayonetta happening. I think that should give you a clear example of what I believe will happen to all the other popular picks around here that I placed below her (except Dixie, I forgot her).

Second, I don't recall it ever being said that characters owned by other companies or competitors weren't eligible. I think more evidence stands in favor of Banjo being in, than against him.

Finally, you got my most wanted wrong both times. Three more tries~
1) I never said you believed she was going to happen. I said that her sexualization is but one issue and her lack of legacy is even more daunting.

2) The contracting done to get the rights TO those 3rd Parties is what makes a steep wall for any new company being tossed in for Smash. To make the deal for Banjo-Kazooie, Nintendo would have to pay for the rights on grounds of a contract that is drafted up by Microsoft.

3) Never said the Bear & Bird were your most wanted. I said that putting them that high up in likelihood is bias. You can want plenty of characters who aren't your MOST wanted.

So, I'm proven wrong on no accounts and stop trying to put words in my mouth and infer reasonings that aren't there.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is a character that could easily be chosen by Sakurai regardless of the ballot. She has huge importance in the Zelda series, and Hyrule Warriors has her playable with quite an established role. With that game's port to 3DS, I see a sequel as likely.

I also highly suspect her to appear in Zelda Wii U. As certain people already analysed the world map, and discovered places as Kakariko Village (a Sheikah town originally) and Hyrule Castle / Castle Town. Could be gasping at straws here, but to me it seems likely Impa will play a role in Zelda Wii U. Whoch could mean she could be added around the time of Wolf's release.

Characters I feel who have a good chance currently:

-King K.Rool
-Isaac
-Captain Toad
-Impa
-Chibi Robo
-Dixie Kong
-Bandana Dee

These seem to me the characters Sakurai would be most willing to work with. Especially since new releases for DKC and Golden Sun might happen. But I gotta say, I think that the ammount of DLC will hugely depend on of this Smash is gonna be the last Smash.

Anyway, I played Smash with the DLC characters at my friend's place, and am really loving Roy so far. He's a lot faster, and stronger especially. Really liking playing as a far more unique Roy now after his 13 years of absence. Lucas is also great, but I still prefer Ness over him as in Brawl. Ryu is a lot weaker in terms of killpower than expected. But he seems versatile, just not my piece of cake. Am at least happy he's balanced properly.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So can't get any characters right now but I think it will be some time before people are good with Ryu. The reason why I say this is because my Mewtwo had no trouble eating every last one of them. Lucas is pretty nice, and I don't like fighting Roy, he's amazing I just don't like fighting him.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Why do people keep thinking this will be the last Smash? These games regularly sell millions. If Sakurai won't do it, Nintendo will find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom