• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why in the hell do people want Young Link? Ice Climbers can't happen, how many times does it have to be said?

I could see if he was similar or more detailed than the one that appears in Hyrule Warriors, having all the Majora's Mask forms but the fact of the matter is that's not gonna happen. Clones and Melee characters have been altered, sure, but not to an amazing degree in which everything they were before was completely removed and replaced with something better.

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Guys, you already know what I'm talking about:
You really can dish it out but can't take it. I remember you revelling in others' sadness when their character was disconfirmed.

I could be wrong, but Young Link is probably even less likely than Ridley at this point. Graphical difference and between installments differences aside, they are more or less the same character.

Last edited:

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I managed to get Lucas. Now I have to try for Ryu and Dream Land, then I'll be done. Anyway, I'm guessing the next wave of DLC will come in August. Probably coming with Wolf, Tourney Mode, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, and another character.
If the site theory is true, we only have two more slots for characters, which could be Wolf, and the Ballot character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
its still rude to say every time young link gets brought up.

its getting annoying for me too. And i dont even want YL

the less character specific insults the better

EX :4feroy: and :4roy: every time roy was brought up
I know. I was just teasing. :p
I'll stop.

:231:

its still rude to say every time young link gets brought up.

its getting annoying for me too. And i dont even want YL

the less character specific insults the better

EX :4feroy: and :4roy: every time roy was brought up
I wasn't insulting Young Link. And I don't think I was rude in my post.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
the same reason anyone wants any character. The fan likes them.
It seems so alien to me to want a weaker version of a character that's worse to use and has been actually replaced. Toon Link has replaced Young Link. And like I said before If he was broken down and built up to resemble how he is portrayed in Majora's Mask with all the transformations and stuff then yeah but that's not gonna happen. So all we'll get is a short link with fire arrows, would anyone really pay for that?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It seems so alien to me to want a weaker version of a character that's worse to use and has been actually replaced. Toon Link has replaced Young Link. And like I said before If he was broken down and built up to resemble how he is portrayed in Majora's Mask with all the transformations and stuff then yeah but that's not gonna happen. So all we'll get is a short link with fire arrows, would anyone really pay for that?
If he gets a few new moves (Which he probably will), then that could certainly attract people into buying him again.

You really can dish it out but can't take it. I remember you revelling in others' sadness when their character was disconfirmed.

I could be wrong, but Young Link is probably even less likely than Ridley at this point. Graphical difference and between installments differences aside, they are more or less the same character.
If he was deconfirmed, then yes he would, but he wouldn't deconfirm a veteran as that character still has fans who want him in.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Until we get a 7th Pokémon.
Nope Young Link is worse than a 7th Pokemon. That's even worse than the Fire emblem guys because at least when it comes to the Swordsmen they're varied in a way. Young Link techically would be a different person from the other two Links but, if he retains the style that was established in Melee, that's a scam. You're 4.99 for something that's a replica of something you got for free, seriously, lol what?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
No?

Also, why am I even gonna check this Direct? It's gonna be :4feroy::4ryu::4lucas: and I've seen their whole movesets already.
Sorry for misunderstanding, I should have wrote that migggggghhhtt increase their chances due to two characters being the only two to be non-assist item trophies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If he gets a few new moves (Which he probably will), then that could certainly attract people into buying him again.
That's what what I'm saying but I think he needs a complete overhaul, because a slower Link with fire arrows ain't worth 4.99

Pakky

Smash Hero
We need far more than 6 Pokemon in Smash... I think 12 Pokemon would be nice to have.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee: = 9
Meowth, Deoxys, Zoroark = 12
***** You know what, 20 put 20 in the game. Have Pokemon fill two rows on the roster. This is sarcasm. Actually no, take out poke balls all together and make each one of them a character.

short link with fire arrows sounds suspiciously like red hair marth with fire sword.

and look at all the people who wanted roy and are buying roy. :rolleyes:
Yeah, jeez, well a fool and his money a guess. At least he's changed a bit and is like a fusion of Ike and Marth. Young on the other hand, well, yeah a fool and his money.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
short link with fire arrows sounds suspiciously like red hair marth with fire sword.

But there's a difference in popularity though. You actually had a good number people who were willing to take a fire Marth. Can't say that for Young Link.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Only one of them is actually liked, though.

But there's a difference in popularity though. You actually had a good number people who were willing to take a fire Marth. Can't say that for Young Link.

I dont deny that being one of those people who would buy fore marth but not short link

its just that he seems to think that people who want young link are "fools"

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't think he'll get a complete overhaul, but I think he'll get some new normals and potentially a few new specials too to give him a a slightly new appeal. Here's an example.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks. Alternatively he can just use the same spinning Up-B from Melee.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I dont deny that being one of those people who would buy fore marth but not short link

its just that he seems to think that people who want young link are "fools"
You know what every Link from every game should be in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toon Link is basically what you get when you take Young Link, change few moves, change the model, and change the name.

***** You know what, 20 put 20 in the game. Have Pokemon fill two rows on the roster. This is sarcasm. Actually no, take out poke balls all together and make each one of them a character.

Yeah, jeez, well a fool and his money a guess. At least he's changed a bit and is like a fusion of Ike and Marth. Young on the other hand, well, yeah a fool and his money.
You know what every Link from every game should be in Smash.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't think he'll get a complete overhaul, but I think he'll get some new normals and potentially a few new specials too to give him a a slightly new appeal. Here's an example.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks. Alternatively he can just use the same spinning Up-B from Melee.
I have no problem with this.

Didn't even mean to double post this time, crap.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But don't you know Young Link already got moveset changes!? From Melee to Brawl he got a new Neutral Air, Forward Air, Back Air and he became floatier! :toonlink:
No.
Young Link is not a worse version, he is just different.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay what a minute 12 pokemon is not excessive but 20 is?

You can't delete or merge your previous posts, but next time just edit your previous post when you want to add something instead of posting twice in a row.
Okay thank you, but that's odd. I thought was a standard among forums.

Young Link is not a worse version, he is just different.
Okay so why not every version of Link? They're all different people are they not?

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
And people thought we wouldn't get new information off of other than things we already know. This is why people shouldn't assume that we wouldn't get some kind of new information, even if it's just a small surprise. Common admit it, who didn't we wouldn't get anything out of this direct.

Pakky

Smash Hero
And people thought we wouldn't get new information off of other than things we already know. This is why people shouldn't assume that we wouldn't get some kind of new information, even if it's just a small surprise. Common admit it, who didn't we wouldn't get anything out of this direct.
I agree I much enjoyed the direct, was suprised by how much detail went into Ryu, good show Nintendo.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
After seeing Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas coming back in smash. I decide to make a video on my top 10 first party characters that I would like to see added in DLC. :079:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I played all 3 characters, Lucas is eh, but I was always eh with Lucas, Roy is fun but I need some getting used to him, his range is shorter. I am garbage with Ryu and I saw 'LUCINA DID 9/11' on the Miiverse stage. Twice

Good one Nintendo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
After having to suffer waiting hours and hours in the E-Shop; frantically hoping that I can get in the store, I finally got Roy, Lucas, the Miiverse stage, and the Dreamland 64 stage. I must say i'm really impressed with :4lucas:and the changes made to my boy :4feroy:. I'm hoping to get:4ryu:and the Heihachi Mii Costume when i'm able to fork over 10 dollars for an E-Shop card.

lol.

"I'm the real Roy around here!"
This pleases me greatly...

All the Roy Koopa jokes are burning like t3h ph1r3!

Wolf is also popular.
Honestly, the only reason I see Nintendo putting off Wolf's reveal is to have him closer to Star Fox Wii U's release date.

and I saw 'LUCINA DID 9/11' on the Miiverse stage. Twice
And I thought conspiracy theorists couldn't get any weirder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom