• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I IMO the Smash 5 roster should be this
Cross
Kamui
Simon Belmont
Yeeeeeaaaahh, no. Cross is 50/50 to me, but considering Kamui's highly likely following the FE tradition of one protagonist per game think, I doubt Kamui will return in future installments, especially when the next smash comes out. Simon Belmont is impossible now because Konami is Konami. They've pulled a SEGA and want to solely use mobile stuff now

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokemon does need more characters than Zelda, simply because it's a far more popular franchise than Zelda. I mean, let's look at overall sales figures;
Zelda - 67 million copies
Pokemon - 200 million copies.

Pokemon is far more profitable than Zelda is, so it deserves to have more characters for that massive success.
As for Pokemon who are the most popular for introduction, Sceptile is the most likely since it's a starter Pokemon, from a recent release (ORAS) and has major roles in the series' two major mediums; the anime and the games.
Zoroark is just one 'Mon of over 300 that happens to have plot significance. Plus Gen 6 already happened and introduced other 'Mons more likely than Zoroark, so... :p
By that logic Fire Emblem has as many sales as both DK and Metroid combined and Kid Icaris has as much as Kirby...Sales means squat to Sakurai otherwise Zelda, DK, Kirby and Metroid would've all received newcomers and KI and FE would not have received two newcomers each...

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
They've pulled a SEGA and want to solely use mobile stuff now
Um lol that's actually completely untrue, Sega's sticking to consoles, and I think Konami is too judging from a recent statement. It's more like their focusing on mobile gaming instead of giving up consoles entirely.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeeeeeaaaahh, no. Cross is 50/50 to me, but considering Kamui's highly likely following the FE tradition of one protagonist per game think, I doubt Kamui will return in future installments, especially when the next smash comes out. Simon Belmont is impossible now because Konami is Konami. They've pulled a SEGA and want to solely use mobile stuff now

Cross has a great chance considering he's just like Robin and they'll just use a base style for him and being a protagonist and all that. Plus Kamui has a chance but better than Cross.

Plus considering Konami is doing heavy damage control if you haven't hear so I consider Simon working ala :4megaman: where Capcom would be in open arms for crossovers. And Smash=Money and Konami would be stupid to ignore it. Same with Square-Enix but they don't have a lot to work with

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'll give Lucas a better chance than before but I agree. IMO the Smash 5 roster should be this

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4charizard::4lucario::4ness::4lucas:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::roypm::4falcon::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4wiifit::4shulk:
(Ballot Characters) :4drmario: :4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(Ryu)

:4darkpit::4lucina: are back as alts. Newcomers are:

Inking
ALMA
Kamui
New reps from Star Fox, Zelda, Metroidand Pokemon.
Simon Belmont
Fixed with the actual Protagonist

Also not sure with :4darkpit::4lucina: they are SO simple to include they might as well bring them back for padding

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cross has a great chance considering he's just like Robin and they'll just use a base style for him and being a protagonist and all that. Plus Kamui has a chance but better than Cross.

Plus considering Konami is doing heavy damage control if you haven't hear so I consider Simon working ala :4megaman: where Capcom would be in open arms for crossovers. And Smash=Money and Konami would be stupid to ignore it. Same with Square-Enix but they don't have a lot to work with
Explain how Kamui would still be relevant in about 6 years, the main problem with Cross is that you can customize EVERYTHING about him. Robin on the other hand doesn't change faces, not to mention that Cross has a machine gun that he uses more often than a sword if memory serves me well. Square Enix said no to PSABR twice, remember? And I need a source for Sega and Konami, I know Sonic Team said they'd still make Sonic games on consoles

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The only way I can see Lucina and Dark Pit coming back is if they get the Falco/Ganondorf treatment to their movesets. Both can have like 3-5 different moves than their originators and individually, they need different gimmicks. Dark Pit should be a slower, stronger version of Pit and Lucina should have lightning based attacks like how Roy has fire based attacks (yeah, Lucina doesn't have that in her game but Fox doesn't have his Up B in any Star Fox game as well).

MainJPW

M.T.A
Explain how Kamui would still be relevant in about 6 years, the main problem with Cross is that you can customize EVERYTHING about him. Robin on the other hand doesn't change faces, not to mention that Cross has a machine gun that he uses more often than a sword if memory serves me well. Square Enix said no to PSABR twice, remember? And I need a source for Sega and Konami, I know Sonic Team said they'd still make Sonic games on consoles
Source for Konami.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/29/konami-not-giving-up-on-console-games/

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

And how many of them are more important than Ingo is to Zelda?

If we're gonna count every Pokémon, you gotta count every Zelda NPC, from Talon to Byrne.
Xerneas and Yveltal are central to the plot of Gen 6, so by that logic they should be playable characters.

And there's a difference between a NPC who happens to be popular and a popular Pokemon. Plus, as I've already said, Pokemon is far more popular then Zelda is. The people who don't want Impa don't want her because we already have all the requirements for Zelda representation; Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. And that worked because it also meant representing the Triforce. Impa would throw that off just because she happens to be popular. Sheik has the excuse of being a veteran. Impa doesn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think IF an "If" character is considered (extremely unlikely as If is way too soon, there will be at least one more game before the next Smash), it'd probably be Aqua. Doesn't use swords at all and represents a long-standing class in the series, the Dancer/Bard type of class.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think the whole "X series is Y popular, so it should have a ballpark of Z representation" is a good starting point, but shouldn't be how franchises live or die in Smash.

Though I think it would be weird if any series ever occupied more space on the CSS than Mario.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sheik is the only character who's from a big franchise who isn't an active character in her series anymore. Can't be said about any other character, so I still see her as the weakest link. Also, Impa's role has become more important than her in the meanwhile, so it's the only logical "replacement" I could think of in the roster.

Matter of fact is that Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee if Mother 64 would've been released. So funny how you mentoined him there. Ike and Chrom was a situation that could've easily happened, but unlike Sheik's case, Ike is a far more important character to his lore than Chrom- yet everyone was extremely sure this would happen...

Anyway, I could still see Sheik getting kicked out for Impa if the latter appears with a role in Zelda Wii U and Sheik does not. Only saving grace could be Hyrule Warriors, in which Impa also appears.

Yeah they could appear alongside each other but the Zelda roster really, really needs some freshness in the roster it's been stale since Melee really, so it's still a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Yeah, it's an unpopular opinion but IDGAF. Zelda is a big enough franchise to warrant more playable characters, and if one has to be sacrifised I choose Sheik due to her being the least important in the series, even if Ganondorf has the worse moveset.

Speaking, I still think it's ridiculous that Sheik has had more love given to her than Ganondorf or Toon Link, despite both of those two characters have more importance and far more to work with.

But yeah guess y'all like Grenades and Bouncing Fish too much eh? :rolleyes: Her being Top Tier again puts this whole ****uation back to the post-Melee, pre-Brawl era where Sheik is just being clinged to by the fanbase because of "popularity" ignoring anything else in the process.

I know Impa is the most likely Zelda DLC character, which means it's far more likely to see Impa appear alongside Sheik than her appearing at all, but yeah I still think this whole situation is just screwd up.
You've forgotten that Sheik IS Zelda in disguise right? Just seriously stop with the nonsense

When we look to Smash 5, here are the characters I say are locks as veterans
:dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::yoshi64:
:bowsermelee::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:
:charizard::dedede::diddy::ike::lucario::olimar::pit::rob::sonic::warioc::zerosuitsamus:
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit: Also why is Pacman the only case where he isn't alphabetically organized, barring the alternate costumes?

Who does this leave to debate, for veterans?
:drmario::roymelee::younglinkmelee::pichumelee: - They were cut once, the two that WERE planned for a return are now in but they made be quite low priority next time around.
:lucas::wolf::squirtle::ivysaur::snake: - Lucas & Wolf are above Doc & Roy for hopes but are in the same kind of position. Ivy & Squirtle are likely gone as relics of the past and Snake seems less and less likely for a return with each piece of news we get about his company and maker.
:4darkpit::4greninja::4lucina::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4megaman: (Ryu) - Dark Pit & Lucina are the Clones For Cut. Capcom is.... a bit more questionable for what may happen in comparison to Namco for Pac-Man and Sonic's only become chummier with Nintendo since Brawl. Mii Fighters I question may be redone into another idea for Miis since they are generic "build a fighter" characters. Greninja... is just an odd feeling because of how we've seen unique Pokemon cut from the game in 2 of the 3 transitional periods so far and he's the only one without veteranism.
Now that I think about it, it does look interesting to see. I do feel that these guys are a lock...

:dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::yoshi64:
:bowsermelee::drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:
:charizard::dedede::diddy::ike::lucario::lucas::metaknight::olimar::pit::rob::sonic::toonlink::wario::wolf::zerosuitsamus:
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4mii::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:

The only ones I'm unsure about are...

:4darkpit::4drmario::roypm::4pacman::4megaman::snake:

I'm not saying it because I'm a huge Lucina fan of why I think she will be saved. She is also getting some advertisement as well as Robin in newer games and with her and Robin being popular than Chrom, I think it's safe that she's a lock in the game. Sonic will pretty much be safe but Pac and Mega I'm not 100% sure on. I think they are safe for Smash 5. Even though I dislike Doc being back, I think he's gonna end up making the roster anyway. Dark Pit I feel has the highest chances of all the Smash 4 characters to get cut and/or DLC while Snake is...well....Snake

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
A certain fox and I drafted a moveset for Gardevoir, and she would be delighted to share it with y'all. Thing is, she's kinda shy, so I'm doing it in her stead.

Let us know what you think. We worked very hard on it.

Neutral-b:

Psybeam - Gardevoir charges her psychic power and unleashes a beam of intense energy. The beam takes a few seconds to charge fully and can be stored for later use, and the amount of charge it has will alter its output: if released immediately, the beam will do minimal damage; at its full capacity, the beam is considerably larger and a lot more powerful. It can even be aimed at an upward or downward angle for added tactical advantage!

CUSTOM 1: Hyper Beam - A devastating beam that does immense damage, yet can only be released at its maximum capacity. It also takes a toll on dear ol' Gardevoir, and after firing it, she will have to rest for a couple of seconds before she can move again. Although it's slow to fire and has intense endlag, it's easily Gardevoir's most powerful move and its immense damage and knockback speaks for itself.

CUSTOM 2: Charge Beam - A beam of pure electricity that paralyzes the opponent. Rather than launching the opponent, it does a small amount of damage and stuns the enemy for a moment, allowing Gardevoir to take advantage of them in their helpless state. It does no knockback, however, and cannot kill the opponent. It's the smallest and fastest of Gardevoir's beams and can be charged and stored at will.

Side-b:

Psyshock - Gardevoir strikes the opponent with a burst of psychic energy. The blast travels a short distance ahead of Gardevoir and launches the opponent upwards, doing decent damage and moderate knockback - follow up with a combo when the opponent is in the air and let 'em have it!

CUSTOM 1: Psywave - Gardevoir strikes with a burst of energy that affects the opponent in a variety of unpredictable ways. This move has a chance of paralyzing, freezing or burning the opponent, and the damage dealt caries from 1% to 10%. It doesn't do any knockback, though, and there's a chance it may not even cause flinching. Will Lady Luck smile upon you, or will you fall prey to the wrath of the RNG gods?

CUSTOM 2: Psycho Cut - Gardevoir strikes with a deadly blade of psychic energy. Though the range is much weaker than the default move (only striking directly in front of Gardevoir), is slower to come out and does no knockback, the blade will instantly shatter the opponent's shield if it connects and does more damage.

Down-b:

Barrier - Gardevoir summons a sphere of psychic energy that reflects projectiles from all angles. It doesn't defend against physical attacks, though, and a strong attack will shatter the barrier, forcing Gardevoir to wait a few seconds before summoning it again. Summoning the barrier will also push away the opponent, making it a useful keepaway tool if you need some space.

CUSTOM 1: Safeguard - Gardevoir summons a psychic shield that absorbs projectiles and converts them into health. The shield is much bigger than usual, though its intangible nature means the opponent can rush right in and attack Gardevoir without having to shatter it first. On the plus side, it doesn't have any recharge time, and absorbing a projectile while an ally is inside its area of effect will restore their health too - just remember that the same applies to the opponent as well.

CUSTOM 2: Trick Room - Gardevoir summons a psychic aura with a very unexpected power. This move creates a stationary barrier that increases the speed and knockback power of both the summoner and their allies, while doing the opposite to the opponent. This move is unique in that the barrier itself does not follow Gardevoir, and is instead placed where it is summoned. The effect only lasts while you're within the barrier itself, and it only lasts a few seconds, at which point it has a very long recharge time before it can be used again.

Up-b:

Return - Using her psychic energy and fueled by the love for her Trainer, Gardevoir creates a series of afterimages and travels through them. The images can be aimed in any direction and Gardevoir will move through them immediately after using the move, doing continuous damage and releasing a powerful explosion upon reaching the final image. It isn't very fast and doesn't travel very far, so caution must be exercised when aiming it.

CUSTOM 1: Frustration - Gardevoir uses her psychic energy to take to the skies with great force. Each image does miminal damage and it doesn't travel as far, but when it hits the opponent at the last image, it spikes them straight down with terrifying fury. As Frustration is weaker the more love Gardevoir has for her Trainer, it's not very strong, though the overwhelming power at the end of its journey is useful for catching the opponent off-guard.

CUSTOM 2: U-Turn - Gardevoir dashes though the air with great speed, then immediately returns right back to where she took off from. Gardevoir turns in a sharp U if she hits an opponent, and otherwise will just dash straight ahead without changing direction. It doesn't travel as far, but the knockback is tremendous and can be useful for making a quick retreat if things get too hectic in the air.

Jab - Gardevoir thrusts her hand out and releases a combo of up to three magical shimmers

F-tilt - Gardevoir releases a narrow beam of psychic power that strikes dead ahead

U-tilt - Gardevoir thrusts her head upwards, striking with a wondrous halo of psychic energy

D-tilt - Gardevoir spins on her heel, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

Dash - Gardevoir spreads her arms out and waltzes as she runs, knocking the opponent away with a trail of psychic energy

F-smash - Gardevoir hovers into the air and thrusts her hands out, creating a miniature black hole in front of her

U-smash - Gardevoir thrusts her hands out at either side, releasing a dazzling gleam overhead

D-smash - Gardevoir spins in a graceful pirouette and strikes low with her legs, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

N-air - Gardevoir releases a flurry of magical leaves all around, blowing back nearby opponents

F-air - Gardevoir moves her arm upwards like a conductor's baton, summoning a gust of wind that blow the opponent away from her

B-air - Gardevoir kicks behind, striking with a shimmering blast of her heel

U-air - Gardevoir gracefully strikes above in a shimmering upward sweep of her body

D-air - Gardevoir spins gently downwards, the tips of her feet shimmering with psychic power

F-throw - Gardevoir spins her opponent around in a deadly waltz and throws them with a burst of psychic power;

B-throw - Gardevoir turns on her heel and drops the opponent on the ground with a graceful bow;

U-throw - Gardevoir throws her opponent upwards with an upward thrust of her spinning hands;

D-throw - Gardevoir drops the opponent onto the ground and kicks them away with a tap of her psionic toe

Final Smash: Moonblast - Gardevoir flies to the center of the stage and Mega Evolves. A large moon appears on the background and Gardevoir uses Hyper Voice to instantly stuns all the opponents in place before launching a super-powered Moonblast down at her unlucky victim, doing decent damage and tremendous knockback to all caught in its magnificent range.

Taunt 1: Gardevoir bows down and salutes, like performers do after a show.

Taunt 2: Gardevoir puts her hands together and floats quickly from side to side, which appear as afterimages.

Taunt 3: Gardevoir teleports around while doing a slow Balse dance by herself.​

A certain fox and I drafted a moveset for Gardevoir, and she would be delighted to share it with y'all. Thing is, she's kinda shy, so I'm doing it in her stead.

Let us know what you think. We worked very hard on it.

Neutral-b:

Psybeam - Gardevoir charges her psychic power and unleashes a beam of intense energy. The beam takes a few seconds to charge fully and can be stored for later use, and the amount of charge it has will alter its output: if released immediately, the beam will do minimal damage; at its full capacity, the beam is considerably larger and a lot more powerful. It can even be aimed at an upward or downward angle for added tactical advantage!

CUSTOM 1: Hyper Beam - A devastating beam that does immense damage, yet can only be released at its maximum capacity. It also takes a toll on dear ol' Gardevoir, and after firing it, she will have to rest for a couple of seconds before she can move again. Although it's slow to fire and has intense endlag, it's easily Gardevoir's most powerful move and its immense damage and knockback speaks for itself.

CUSTOM 2: Charge Beam - A beam of pure electricity that paralyzes the opponent. Rather than launching the opponent, it does a small amount of damage and stuns the enemy for a moment, allowing Gardevoir to take advantage of them in their helpless state. It does no knockback, however, and cannot kill the opponent. It's the smallest and fastest of Gardevoir's beams and can be charged and stored at will.

Side-b:

Psyshock - Gardevoir strikes the opponent with a burst of psychic energy. The blast travels a short distance ahead of Gardevoir and launches the opponent upwards, doing decent damage and moderate knockback - follow up with a combo when the opponent is in the air and let 'em have it!

CUSTOM 1: Psywave - Gardevoir strikes with a burst of energy that affects the opponent in a variety of unpredictable ways. This move has a chance of paralyzing, freezing or burning the opponent, and the damage dealt caries from 1% to 10%. It doesn't do any knockback, though, and there's a chance it may not even cause flinching. Will Lady Luck smile upon you, or will you fall prey to the wrath of the RNG gods?

CUSTOM 2: Psycho Cut - Gardevoir strikes with a deadly blade of psychic energy. Though the range is much weaker than the default move (only striking directly in front of Gardevoir), is slower to come out and does no knockback, the blade will instantly shatter the opponent's shield if it connects and does more damage.

Down-b:

Barrier - Gardevoir summons a sphere of psychic energy that reflects projectiles from all angles. It doesn't defend against physical attacks, though, and a strong attack will shatter the barrier, forcing Gardevoir to wait a few seconds before summoning it again. Summoning the barrier will also push away the opponent, making it a useful keepaway tool if you need some space.

CUSTOM 1: Safeguard - Gardevoir summons a psychic shield that absorbs projectiles and converts them into health. The shield is much bigger than usual, though its intangible nature means the opponent can rush right in and attack Gardevoir without having to shatter it first. On the plus side, it doesn't have any recharge time, and absorbing a projectile while an ally is inside its area of effect will restore their health too - just remember that the same applies to the opponent as well.

CUSTOM 2: Trick Room - Gardevoir summons a psychic aura with a very unexpected power. This move creates a stationary barrier that increases the speed and knockback power of both the summoner and their allies, while doing the opposite to the opponent. This move is unique in that the barrier itself does not follow Gardevoir, and is instead placed where it is summoned. The effect only lasts while you're within the barrier itself, and it only lasts a few seconds, at which point it has a very long recharge time before it can be used again.

Up-b:

Return - Using her psychic energy and fueled by the love for her Trainer, Gardevoir creates a series of afterimages and travels through them. The images can be aimed in any direction and Gardevoir will move through them immediately after using the move, doing continuous damage and releasing a powerful explosion upon reaching the final image. It isn't very fast and doesn't travel very far, so caution must be exercised when aiming it.

CUSTOM 1: Frustration - Gardevoir uses her psychic energy to take to the skies with great force. Each image does miminal damage and it doesn't travel as far, but when it hits the opponent at the last image, it spikes them straight down with terrifying fury. As Frustration is weaker the more love Gardevoir has for her Trainer, it's not very strong, though the overwhelming power at the end of its journey is useful for catching the opponent off-guard.

CUSTOM 2: U-Turn - Gardevoir dashes though the air with great speed, then immediately returns right back to where she took off from. Gardevoir turns in a sharp U if she hits an opponent, and otherwise will just dash straight ahead without changing direction. It doesn't travel as far, but the knockback is tremendous and can be useful for making a quick retreat if things get too hectic in the air.

Jab - Gardevoir thrusts her hand out and releases a combo of up to three magical shimmers

F-tilt - Gardevoir releases a narrow beam of psychic power that strikes dead ahead

U-tilt - Gardevoir thrusts her head upwards, striking with a wondrous halo of psychic energy

D-tilt - Gardevoir spins on her heel, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

Dash - Gardevoir spreads her arms out and waltzes as she runs, knocking the opponent away with a trail of psychic energy

F-smash - Gardevoir hovers into the air and thrusts her hands out, creating a miniature black hole in front of her

U-smash - Gardevoir thrusts her hands out at either side, releasing a dazzling gleam overhead

D-smash - Gardevoir spins in a graceful pirouette and strikes low with her legs, releasing a psychic pulse at her feet

N-air - Gardevoir releases a flurry of magical leaves all around, blowing back nearby opponents

F-air - Gardevoir moves her arm upwards like a conductor's baton, summoning a gust of wind that blow the opponent away from her

B-air - Gardevoir kicks behind, striking with a shimmering blast of her heel

U-air - Gardevoir gracefully strikes above in a shimmering upward sweep of her body

D-air - Gardevoir spins gently downwards, the tips of her feet shimmering with psychic power

F-throw - Gardevoir spins her opponent around in a deadly waltz and throws them with a burst of psychic power;

B-throw - Gardevoir turns on her heel and drops the opponent on the ground with a graceful bow;

U-throw - Gardevoir throws her opponent upwards with an upward thrust of her spinning hands;

D-throw - Gardevoir drops the opponent onto the ground and kicks them away with a tap of her psionic toe

Final Smash: Moonblast - Gardevoir flies to the center of the stage and Mega Evolves. A large moon appears on the background and Gardevoir uses Hyper Voice to instantly stuns all the opponents in place before launching a super-powered Moonblast down at her unlucky victim, doing decent damage and tremendous knockback to all caught in its magnificent range.

Taunt 1: Gardevoir bows down and salutes, like performers do after a show.

Taunt 2: Gardevoir puts her hands together and floats quickly from side to side, which appear as afterimages.

Taunt 3: Gardevoir teleports around while doing a slow Balse dance by herself.​
shy eh? could you say she's. . .
timid :shades:

all and all pretty well dont for a pokemon I very much enjoy
"shimmering blast of her heel" made me smile for some reason.

my only change is hyper beam makes gardevoir change into palutena's lightweight's weak state instead of outright being unable to move.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I still think IF an "If" character is considered (extremely unlikely as If is way too soon, there will be at least one more game before the next Smash), it'd probably be Aqua. Doesn't use swords at all and represents a long-standing class in the series, the Dancer/Bard type of class.
If? Wus dat?
That is actually really good! Does Garvedoir actually learn U-Turn though?
Does Pikachu learn Thunder Jolt?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Can you have a Pikachu with Skull Bash and Volt Tackle? Can you have Pokemon with more than 4 moves? Does Rest damage foes?
Yes and Yes for Pikachu, but not at the same time.

Pikachu in Gen I can get Skull Bash via TM and be transferred to Gen 2.

I think it was Gen 4 that was introduced, where any Pichu bred with the parent Pika holding a light ball would get Volt Tackle.
But also it's clearly based on Ash's pikachu so it's all liberties :^)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes and Yes for Pikachu, but not at the same time.

Pikachu in Gen I can get Skull Bash via TM and be transferred to Gen 2.

I think it was Gen 4 that was introduced, where any Pichu bred with the parent Pika holding a light ball would get Volt Tackle.
But also it's clearly based on Ash's pikachu so it's all liberties :^)
I used both because it's impossible for Pikachu to learn Skull Bash AND Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle was Gen III iirc

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Xerneas and Yveltal are central to the plot of Gen 6, so by that logic they should be playable characters.

And there's a difference between a NPC who happens to be popular and a popular Pokemon. Plus, as I've already said, Pokemon is far more popular then Zelda is. The people who don't want Impa don't want her because we already have all the requirements for Zelda representation; Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. And that worked because it also meant representing the Triforce. Impa would throw that off just because she happens to be popular. Sheik has the excuse of being a veteran. Impa doesn't.
Barely, they really only jumped into the plot at the last minute.

I will say on the topic of Impa and characters like her, while Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are the only necessary ones, that doesn't mean that they can't add another character to the mix if the character manages to have some importance and popularity to them. For instance, Mario only really needs the titular character, Luigi, Bowser and Peach, they're the ones that always appear and the ones that will always be important. Yet, we also got Bowser Jr. (+Koopalings) and Rosalina, characters who are not as important to Mario, but still had a strong sense of importance and popularity to them that made them stand out from the crowd and become playable. The same can happen to Zelda, if they had a character that did the same thing as Bowser Jr. or Rosalina did, then they have a good reason to be added in, regardless of whether or not they're 'necessary' to do it.

Kamui can also turn into a dragon/deer too. I don't see a side character getting in over the main character as much as would like to see a dancer in the game.
wait really?. . .everyone says that FE if takes a lot from pokemon
2 versions
pokemon-amie fire emblem addition

and a dragon and a deer sounds familiar. . .
oh what the hell IS
However! That means Kamui would have to transform, something the 3DS can't handle, especially as Manaketes only attack when transformed
Kamui can fight outside of his dragon state though. and I believe we have seen partial transformation for attacks as well.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Then just temporary transform, I suggest this many times to characters who use that kind of power.
It would be like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape in certain attacks, and Sonic turning into a ball, it's not that difficult to do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
2 versions

oh what the hell IS

Kamui can fight outside of his dragon state though. and I believe we have seen partial transformation for attacks as well.
That's a Wyvern, something FE had MUCH earliar

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then just temporary transform, I suggest this many times to characters who use that kind of power.
It would be like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape in certain attacks, and Sonic turning into a ball, it's not that difficult to do.
Human to big ass dragon is different than losing limbs or curling into a ball
2 versions

oh what the hell IS

Partial transformation? I certainly need a source. I know Kamui's class is Dark Prince/Princess

StormC

Smash Hero
However! That means Kamui would have to transform, something the 3DS can't handle, especially as Manaketes only attack when transformed
Well, who's to say 5mash would have a portable version?

Also, Kamui can transform their body partially to attack. So it'd be like Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, so my previous 'transformation' argument is invalid. I have a question though: Why are any of you confident Kamui will be considered for Smash 5? We had a total of 4 games since Brawl, All of them having different protagonists. (AFTER Brawl, Ike's first appearance was before Brawl)

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think anybody is confident, but it's the only idea on the table since none of us can predict what future holds for FE.

The image broke on my end literally before I could see it. Link? Also, dragon punch? Last time we saw that in FE was a crit animation in FE8 iirc
apparently it is from famitsu but ill just be linking you to the Kamui thread. I dont think that thread will work any better than here.
Okay, so my previous 'transformation' argument is invalid. I have a question though: Why are any of you confident Kamui will be considered for Smash 5? We had a total of 4 games since Brawl, All of them having different protagonists. (AFTER Brawl, Ike's first appearance was before Brawl)
Im not confident at all.

i dont even know if if will be the most recent FE by the next smash. Just thought i would throw a little into the argument

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't think anybody is confident, but it's the only idea on the table since none of us can predict what future holds for FE.
4 games in 6 years when the series was going average to mediocre. Awakening suddenly revived the franchise, IF is certainly going to have high sales like Awakening and it's obvious they'd make more, FE is considered one of Nintendo's main franchises in Japan like Metroid here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom