• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also it bad that I don't care about Dixie Kong? If it was up to me I'd say Rool before Dixie, because villains, at least to me are more important than side kicks. Sure they can be interesting characters but interesting or not without an antagonist, whether it be a singular entity, situation, or an entire world without them you don't have a game. There is no conflict. So I feel that a villain is the other half of any franchise and without that the representation is incomplete. Just felt like saying that sorry.
I like Dixie and would be happy to have her in Smash, but yeah, overall K. Rool is the more important character in the series and he has a lot more to offer as a Smash fighter than Dixie. Most supporters of either want both, but the ballot made us pick sides.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
They could edit together the Koopa surname for all the Koopalings from the Japanese reading of Bowser's name.

Kinda sloppy, but there you go.
No. They would need new voice clips for that. Because you have (to the best of my knowledge) Larry Koopa, Roy O Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, Wendy O Koopa, Ludwig Von Koopa, Iggy Koopa.... and I'm missing one. Point is, some of the Koopalings have middle names, and if they had their full names, it wouldn't work just to add Koopa to all of them.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I like Dixie and would be happy to have her in Smash, but yeah, overall K. Rool is the more important character in the series and he has a lot more to offer as a Smash fighter than Dixie. Most supporters of either want both, but the ballot made us pick sides.
I like Dixie as well but yeah. Also you know they're gonna make her a semi-clone of Diddy. It's too attractive and not to mention inexpensive not to. Rool is well, the king.

StormC

Smash Hero
No. They would need new voice clips for that. Because you have (to the best of my knowledge) Larry Koopa, Roy O Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, Wendy O Koopa, Ludwig Von Koopa, Iggy Koopa.... and I'm missing one. Point is, some of the Koopalings have middle names, and if they had their full names, it wouldn't work just to add Koopa to all of them.
Morton.

My idea was just one example. Really, I could see them just leaving it alone since Roy O. is just an alt, not a full character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You can vote for both... you do have access to multiple different computers, right? Why can't we have our banana cream cake and eat it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Morton.

My idea was just one example. Really, I could see them just leaving it alone since Roy O. is just an alt, not a full character.
Is it weird that I'm upset that Morton doesn't re-use the "Junior" line because his name is actually Morton Koopa Jr. and thus would still be Morton Jr.?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Morton.

Ah yes. The ugly one. :p I don't think they would go through all that unnessisairy work because of one character addition.
Roy O. is just an alt, not a full character.
And yet some people think the Koopalings count as "reps".
Why can't we have our banana cream cake and eat it?
Cuz I don't like bananas.
Is it weird that I'm upset that Morton doesn't re-use the "Junior" line because his name is actually Morton Koopa Jr. and thus would still be Morton Jr.?
Because none of the other characters have their full name? It is doable though. (Because it's so obvious that Bowser Jr. uses two voice clips.) All you would have to do is string together the "Morton","Koopa", and "Jr." voice clips. It'd sound so sloppy though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
You can vote for both... you do have access to multiple different computers, right? Why can't we have our banana cream cake and eat it?
In the event of only having even just one ballot character, I'd rather put all my hopes on K. Rool.

Also, I'd like to play by Nintendo's rules as much as possible, who say to vote for one character per person explicitly.

Burruni

Smash Hero
And those people are wrong :p

So if morton is actually morton jr. . . .where is the big bad morton? And why do i feel like he is the kind of guy to try and usurp bowser?
The original Morton Koopa was the actual father to the 7 Koopalings and the elder brother to King Bowser Koopa who held a commanding reign over another Kingdom instead of the pitiful back and forth Bowser has for control over the Mushroom Kingdom. When the elder brother died of old age, the younger brother adopted his 7 kids, though they never got quite the same love that his own son received even if he is the youngest of them all.

It is SCARY what kind of lore you find in the Mario comics.

StormC

Smash Hero
The original Morton Koopa was the actual father to the 7 Koopalings and the elder brother to King Bowser Koopa who held a commanding reign over another Kingdom instead of the pitiful back and forth Bowser has for control over the Mushroom Kingdom. When the elder brother died of old age, the younger brother adopted his 7 kids, though they never got quite the same love that his own son received even if he is the youngest of them all.

It is SCARY what kind of lore you find in the Mario comics.
Gonna need a source on this. I'm a huge Mario fan and know its lore intimately, and this is my first time hearing about this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Gonna need a source on this. I'm a huge Mario fan and know its lore intimately, and this is my first time hearing about this.
"It is SCARY what kind of lore you find in the Mario comics."

Burruni DID say its from the "Mario comics."

Burruni

Smash Hero
"It is SCARY what kind of lore you find in the Mario comics."

Burruni DID say its from the "Mario comics."
Burruni also made that entire thing up because I was bored and I like the idea of it.

It's scary what kind of lore you can find in the Mario Comics, like Wario being a clone of Mario made by Dr. Light that went wrong.
My made up story is not part of it xD

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Burruni also made that entire thing up because I was bored and I like the idea of it.

It's scary what kind of lore you can find in the Mario Comics, like Wario being a clone of Mario made by Dr. Light that went wrong.
My made up story is not part of it xD
'Eh, it was always possible it was just a joke. But yeah lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Finally he's here for you. He's the owner of the Operation Tachibana movement! This guy is so strong and funny because he has an Amiibo that would run from your money! He can simply ask for some Ayumi love, makes it easier when you do art for some. He's smart and determined, but he can't jump high. But this Amiibo Hunter is one hell of a guy! :awesome:

Just take a look here in case any of you are artists and feel free to join!

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...umi-tachibana-is-discussed-by-sakurai.350254/

D

Deleted member

Well, I suppose it's more like Robert Downey Jr.
I don't think he's ever been referred to as "Robert Jr." to my knowledge.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
TL;DR: Retro characters are shots in the dark but them being iconic or tied to a piece of hardware definitely helps.
We got Mario and Luigi... we got Duck Hunt... now we need to get Track Meet in SSB5! :troll:

I can just imagine the Track Meet athlete using moves from other NES Power Pad games like Short Order + Eggsplode and Dance Aerobics. :awesome:

He could even set up harmless hurdles where opponents cannot walk/run past them... forcing opponents to jump over them... and projectiles cannot go past the hurdles unless they go over the hurdles.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
We got Mario and Luigi... we got Duck Hunt... now we need to get Track Meet in SSB5! :troll:

I can just imagine the Track Meet athlete using moves from other NES Power Pad games like Short Order + Eggsplode and Dance Aerobics. :awesome:

He could even set up harmless hurdles where opponents cannot walk/run past them... forcing opponents to jump over them... and projectiles cannot go past the hurdles unless they go over the hurdles.
I want this to happen.
Remember all these generic sports games on the NES, like Golf?
Now we have a main character to represent them!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Track Meet's moveset

B: 100m Dash
The NES Power Pad appears under the athlete's feet and he starts running in place on the NES Power Pad... charging before he runs forward to tackle opponents.

Side+B: 110m Hurdles
A hurdle appears in front of the athlete and he immediately jumps over it. The hurdle will block projectiles and prevent opponents from running past.... so the opponents are pretty much forced to jump over the hurdle if they want to get to the Track Meet athlete.

Up+B: Power Pad
The NES Power Pad appears under the athlete's feet and he starts running in place on the NES Power Pad... the NES Power Pad acts like a flying carpet.

Down+B: Eggsplode
A chicken appears in front of the Track Meet athlete. He immediately places a bomb under the chicken. It is more like a trapping move like Snake's Down+B move because when you press Down+B again, the Track Meet athlete jumps on the NES Power Pad to make the bomb explode.

Final Smash: Short Order
The Track Meet athlete jumps around on the NES Power Pad to make giant burgers rain from the sky.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This thread has, once again, turned very weird.

Track Meet Guy for Smash.

Accept no alternatives.

Unless it's Mach Rider.

Or Lip.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Accept no alternatives.

Unless it's Mach Rider.

Or Lip.
Track Meet Guy?!? What is this even?!?...... You know what. There is a thread for The Reckless Safety Notice Man so I guess this could work. I support some weird characters too so I guess I can't be talking. :3

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Track Meet's moveset

B: 100m Dash
The NES Power Pad appears under the athlete's feet and he starts running in place on the NES Power Pad... charging before he runs forward to tackle opponents.

Side+B: 110m Hurdles
A hurdle appears in front of the athlete and he immediately jumps over it. The hurdle will block projectiles and prevent opponents from running past.... so the opponents are pretty much forced to jump over the hurdle if they want to get to the Track Meet athlete.

Up+B: Power Pad
The NES Power Pad appears under the athlete's feet and he starts running in place on the NES Power Pad... the NES Power Pad acts like a flying carpet.

Down+B: Eggsplode
A chicken appears in front of the Track Meet athlete. He immediately places a bomb under the chicken. It is more like a trapping move like Snake's Down+B move because when you press Down+B again, the Track Meet athlete jumps on the NES Power Pad to make the bomb explode.

Final Smash: Short Order
The Track Meet athlete jumps around on the NES Power Pad to make giant burgers rain from the sky.
Can we get a quirky character that isn't a gimmick character ala G&W. I'll just go straight for stuff like the Javelin, he doesn't need the power pad and he can use other Sports games moves

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This just in! Splatoon makes a Splash!

01./00. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 144.818 / NEW
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056397

Given By @Dinoman96
Good to know Splatoon sold a lot. I think Splatoon is going to be a successful new IP unlike The Wonderful 101. I think that if this success keeps up, Splatoon would have earned its keep (a playable character in SSB5).

Just like the other new IPs that were too new for Melee/Brawl but got in Brawl/SSB4. Just like what happened with Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit. :4villager::4olimar::4mii::4wiifit:

Accept no alternatives.

Unless it's Mach Rider.

Or Lip.
I started wanting Track Meet in Smash since last month when Nintendo was announcing the Nintendo World Championship 2015 and they showed the NES Power Pad and World Class Track Meet (I was pleasantly surprised they remembered them as I had the NES Power Set).

I mean, how awesome would it be to get a new official NES hardware rep for SSB5? We got :4rob: representing the ROB peripheral and games in Brawl and :4duckhunt: representing the NES Zapper peripheral and games in SSB4... so why not the Track Meet athlete representing the NES Power Pad peripheral and games in SSB5? :awesome:

Track Meet for SSB5!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Arcadenik, if you are right again this time I'll officially will refer to you as Retro Prophet, or do you prefer Retro Mozes?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But Pauline is better than Track Meet Guy by default because she can slap you with a ladder. :4megaman:

Also blah blah iconic game blah female blah.

:4megaman:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Track Meet Guy x Little Mac is my OTP and I want it to be a reality in the future. Still a better idea than Samus x Mac or Miss Fit x Mac.

:troll:

*Specifically mentions an amazing IP haters ignored*
Havent you said multiple times that you are a splatoon hater :p

Why did W101 have to fail. Not only is the game fantastic but wonder red would have been perfect for smash. I would love if he had as much support as inklings :(

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*Specifically mentions an amazing IP haters ignored*

You mean Codename: STEAM aka I won't buy this because it wasn't Majora's Mask 3D or Advance Wars. Hell some people are making garbage comparisons with it and Splatoon and especially those stupid fanboys who hated Steam's art style but praised Splatoon like it was innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom