• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Would you mind PM'ing that? If you remember about a week ago I set up the idea of a potion-based neutral B that was an inverted Monado Arts and I'd like to see where your ideas went.
I'll have to do some digging for the rest, but yeah, I'll get to it.
Though I remember her down special was a potion that granted a negative effect to enemies (shrinking, flower, etc.).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
De-clone hammer? That sounds awesome. :surprised:
Can you use it on Lucina and Ganondorf please?
I'll leave those two alone. Toon Link on the other hand....

Some people still call :4jigglypuff: a :4kirby: clone. Trust me, it could be worse.
Funny you mention that considering their models were similar in 64 and have various similar moves (not every move was similar but close).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They still share some moves (tilts, dair and they also have very similar smashes).

The only reason people never call them clones for the most part is that they have very different specials, which is all what people look into for some reason.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
it has been 2 days and no one has made a yooka-laylee support thread.

im legitimately surprised
Quite a few people have been saying Yooka-Laylee for Smash on Twitter and Youtube, though. And others have been calling them out on it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Movesets?

I like where this is going. :3
Hey. I've made full movesets for Black Mage (Final Fantasy), Bandana Dee, Marshal (Rhythm Heaven), Sceptile, Jack Frost (SMT) and Laharl from Disgaea. I've also made "Edits" for a more decloned moveset for :4darkpit: and :4ganondorf:. The issue is nobody ever asks for em except for actual threads for the characters~

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey. I've made full movesets for Black Mage (Final Fantasy), Bandana Dee, Marshal (Rhythm Heaven), Sceptile, Jack Frost (SMT) and Laharl from Disgaea. I've also made "Edits" for a more decloned moveset for :4darkpit: and :4ganondorf:. The issue is nobody ever asks for em except for actual threads for the characters~
You don't say~

I've written up movesets for Ridley, Wonder Red, Viridi, Tiki, Anna, K. Rool, Dark Pit (pre-confirmation), decloned Ganondorf, Reimu Hakurei and Solaire of Astora. :3

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of which...I'm still really miffed that support threads for ATs are closed. I mean, even if they don't end up in the game as DLC (they most likely won't) why can't we at least have a place to talk about them?

Made worse is that, for some reason, Midna's thread got re-opened for, like, a day after the ballot opened...and then it was locked again. :grrr:

You don't say~

I've written up movesets for Ridley, Wonder Red, Viridi, Tiki, Anna, K. Rool, Dark Pit (pre-confirmation), decloned Ganondorf, Reimu Hakurei and Solaire of Astora. :3
Solaire? Gimme ~

Burruni

Smash Hero
You don't say~

>w> I'll take Tiki, Anna, :4darkpit: and :4ganondorf: to see how ideologies differ. I AM a proud ThunderCougarFalcondorf Player after all. :evil:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Question: Is there a thread just to post hypothetical movesets of any character?
If not, we should make one! I know we can't make support threads for certain characters, but having a thread like that wouldn't break that rule, right?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You people make me want to draw up some movesets...

Maybe I'll make one for Ephraim of Fire Emblem. Lance user, favorite FE character aside from Lyn who has several movesets already drawn up (not to mention she's an AT) I realize Ephraim ain't happenin', but he's such an awesome character.

Last edited:
i know its been brought up and I know it wont change.

but with the exception of Ridley it seems weird that characters arent allowed to have a thread. It isnt like they are screwing anything up.
Question: Is there a thread just to post hypothetical movesets of any character?
If not, we should make one! I know we can't make support threads for certain characters, but having a thread like that wouldn't break that rule, right?
yeah.

movesets for fun and for glory by @Luigifan18 i believe. let me find them

edit found them
for glory ("realistic chances")
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-moveset-labs-for-glory.392159/

for fun (no shot)
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-moveset-labs-for-fun.392079/

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
>w> I'll take Tiki, Anna, :4darkpit: and :4ganondorf: to see how ideologies differ. I AM a proud ThunderCougarFalcondorf Player after all. :evil:
I actually have two (three if you count the one I drafted with a friend) movesets for Tiki, though the second one isn't quite finished yet. The original, and the ridiculously long collaboration effort, are in the OP of her support thread.

Anna's is one that, in hindsight, I'm not too satisfied with. It's good, I think, but it needs work.

Dark Pit's was more so a list of potential specials (none of which, I must confess, turned out to be accurate). It's also very, very old and I don't have the document right now, but I could probably recall what they were all the same.

Ganondorf, though, I am actually very proud of.

I can send them on anyway if you would like. :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
I actually have two (three if you count the one I drafted with a friend) movesets for Tiki, though the second one isn't quite finished yet. The original, and the ridiculously long collaboration effort, are in the OP of her support thread.

Anna's is one that, in hindsight, I'm not too satisfied with. It's good, I think, but it needs work.

Dark Pit's was more so a list of potential specials (none of which, I must confess, turned out to be accurate). It's also very, very old and I don't have the document right now, but I could probably recall what they were all the same.

Ganondorf, though, I am actually very proud of.

I can send them on anyway if you would like. :3
Send what you want. Honestly one of the best things about this speculatory period has BEEN making movesets for characters. Waluigi being such a weirdo is part of why I'm getting so enticed by the "challenge" of it.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
Made movesets for Ninten , Boom Boom and Marx movesets potentially making one for Maxwell Kamek And Typlosion

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So I did decide to create a moveset for Ephraim. Something that I never though about with Spear-Users is their reliance on a sweetspot. So essentially, Marth is a spear-user with a dagger rather than a spear #Kappa

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man. I thought about something.

Everyone tries to push up Impa and Lana after Hyrule Warriors.

But think about Sakurai and how his mind works.

We all know what choice he'd make.

The random pick for the Princess of Bugs.

But... considering this probably was a one-off side game that may get a sequel in over a decade when Zelda fleshes out some more characters, I don't feel like this is something that's going to be brought up much on actual value.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

But... considering this probably was a one-off side game that may get a sequel in over a decade when Zelda fleshes out some more characters, I don't feel like this is something that's going to be brought up much on actual value.
You know...I think I would love to see Agitha in Smash Bros.
At least...over Impa.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Gothic lolita bug princess psycho waifu is great and would be very fun in Smash.

But there are plenty of characters from her own series that have a stronger connection to the series, a more expanded character, greater moveset potential and decidedly larger fanbases.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gothic lolita bug princess psycho waifu is great and would be very fun in Smash.

But there are plenty of characters from her own series that have a stronger connection to the series, a more expanded character, greater moveset potential and decidedly larger fanbases.

There's one thing I feel like people can never over-estimate with Sakurai. :gawmelee:His. :icsmelee:Undying. :rob:Love.:olimar:For.:4villager:Raw.:4wiifit:Quirky.:4bowserjr:Power.

Also me suggesting Agitha as a serious choice is 100% a joke.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
There's one thing I feel like people can never over-estimate with Sakurai. :gawmelee:His. :icsmelee:Undying. :rob:Love.:olimar:For.:4villager:Raw.:4wiifit:Quirky.:4bowserjr:Power.

Also me suggesting Agitha as a serious choice is 100% a joke.
Oh, I know you're kidding. If I'm being honest, though, I actually would play the hell out of Agitha if she was in Smash.

I would never underestimate Daddy Sakurai's love for the quirky and unexpected, it's one of my favourite traits of the man~

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man... thinking about things....

If a 3rd Party series will get a second rep, more towards the lines of Sma5h than Sm4sh DLC, I think we can agree that Sonic would be the most likely to get it.

And who would it be? Well...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So, are we just sharing lists of characters we'e come up with movesets for?
If so, here is my (incomplete) list:
Toad*
Paper Mario*
Tingle
Whispy Woods
Mii (Not Mii fighters, 1 character that actually represents miis)*
Chibi-Robo
Mallo (From Pushmo)*
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter*
Daitoryo*
Banjo and Kazooie

* indicates a moveset I am especially proud of.
I'd be happy to describe any of them, If someone wants to know.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, are we just sharing lists of characters we'e come up with movesets for?
If so, here is my (incomplete) list:
Toad*
Paper Mario
Tingle
Whispy Woods
Mii (Not Mii fighters, 1 character that actually represents miis)*
Chibi-Robo
Mallo (From Pushmo)*
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter*
Daitoryo*
Banjo and Kazooie

* indicates a moveset I am especially proud of.
I'd be happy to describe any of them, If someone wants to know.
I'd love to hear Toad, Tingle, Mallo and Balloon Fighter. :3

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
De-clone hammer? That sounds awesome. :surprised:
Can you use it on Lucina and Ganondorf please?
Oh no, I mostly meant that for idiots who still think certain characters like Lucario are clones when they aren't

I'll consider that for Lucina and 'Dorf though

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Toad:
Toad has good ground speed and surprising power for his size, but suffers from poor weight, attack range, and air game.

Neutral Special: Item Chest.
Toad Pulls out a chest from SMB3. He can cycle between 4 powerups, not unlike shulk's arts. When he equips a power up, he gets a new neutral special to go with it. It also affects his fsmash and nair. The powerup works for about 30 seconds by default, but Toad loses time faster as he takes damage.
Tanooki Suit: Float. Toad gains a limited hovering ability.
Golden Mushroom: From Mario Kart. Toad gains a fast, short range, luigi/pikachu esque headbutt. Range can be extended by repeatedly using the move.
Penguin Suit: Toad gets to throw iceballs.
Super Bell: Toad gets a pounce command grab, similar to an air ganondorf choke.

Side Special: Minecart. Toad gets in a Minecart and moves forward. He moves relatively slowly for this type of move, but can thow turnips while riding.

Up Special: Propeller Helmet. From NSMBWii. I don't think I need to describe this move. :)

Down Special: Bombs. Taken from Wario's Woods. When toad uses this move while adjacent to an opponent he puts abomb on their head, where it acts like a sticky bomb. If he isn't near an opponent he kicks the bomb along the ground.

EDIT: Crap, thought someone would post before I was done. Sorry.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
So do people still think Wolf is a shoe-in for DLC even though it seems that Roy and Ryu might get in before him? I might not be present often enough to hear it, but it feels like I don't hear many people still talking about him. So what's the current situation like?

So do people still think Wolf is a shoe-in for DLC even though it seems that Roy and Ryu might get in before him? I might not be present often enough to hear it, but it feels like I don't hear many people still talking about him. So what's the current situation like?
Star fox wii u. No character is as relevant as he is and he is uber popular.

He really has very little standing in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom