• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So... It's Ultraman?
Someone remembers him?

Anyway, i don't think many know Captain Falcon for racing and more for being awesome melee fighter with powers far beyond those of a god. Thanks to Sakurai. Nothing to complain about though. Because thanks to him, Sacred Combo is a thing. It cures cancer AND removal of frontal lobe through animatronic attack.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In even more other news, I'd like to ask something. I remember seeing lots of people say "Classic Sonic alt". Why and how?
There is no way to do so without messing up hurtboxes, hitboxes and stuff like that or them not fitting the model properly. As for why...
GREEN EYES RUINED SONIC FOREVER! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RESTORE HIM TO HIS TRUE SELF! RESTORE HIS GLORY!

Last edited:
There's been a genuine Kamen Rider and Ultraman crossover. In other news, Yooka-Laylee will have a DK Rap thing going on in the next stretchgoal.
In even more other news, I'd like to ask something. I remember seeing lots of people say "Classic Sonic alt". Why and how?
people prefer the fatter, short quill sonic.

I prefer modern but meh.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There is no way to do so without messing up hurtboxes, hitboxes and stuff like that or them not fitting the model properly. As for why...
GREEN EYES RUINED SONIC FOREVER! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RESTORE HIM TO HIS TRUE SELF! RESTORE HIS GLORY!
It's not impossible if they don't go with stubby and short and go with this
image.jpg

Just give him his black eyes, redo the shoes and add a different shade of blue

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, not out of want but of actual expectation, what do people see being some of the top contenders for the Ballot?

I can't help but feel like King K. Rool, Isaac, and Inklings are going to be 3 of the top 5 who are actual possibilities for DLC.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 49906

Buh thut Sanic isn't the real Sanic! Thah is just Sunic with Sanic colohs!
...That wouldn't really be same. Its like giving Samus a Metroid Prime alt, but instead of it being actual Metroid Prime suit, its just Other M suit with Metroid Prime colors.
So, not out of want but of actual expectation, what do people see being some of the top contenders for the Ballot?

I can't help but feel like King K. Rool, Isaac, and Inklings are going to be 3 of the top 5 who are actual possibilities for DLC.
K.Rool, Dixie and a 3rd wheel i don't know. K.Rool is definitely going to win it. Ridley certainly won't be anywhere near top 5.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 49906
So in other words...not the Classic design at all?

Of the first party characters, I agree, King K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Captain Toad are probably high up there.
I wonder how different the actual ballot results are from the polls taken asking who you voted for?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Dixie Kong is likely a frontrunner too.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Buh thut Sanic isn't the real Sanic! Thah is just Sunic with Sanic colohs!
...That wouldn't really be same. Its like giving Samus a Metroid Prime alt, but instead of it being actual Metroid Prime suit, its just Other M suit with Metroid Prime colors.

K.Rool, Dixie and a 3rd wheel i don't know. K.Rool is definitely going to win it. Ridley certainly won't be anywhere near top 5.

It's still Sonic at the end and considering the Samus has a Light Suit alt that isn't the Light Suit, why not Sonic.

Plus for top 3 requested characters are:
K. Rool
Wolf
Dixie Kong

The rest are pretty much Issac, Inkling, Ice Climbers, Roy, Snake, Bandana Dee and somewhat Rayman. Hopefully a Wonder Red and Medusa gets a pull

k rool and isaac are probably top 2. Inkling will probably shoot up really high after game release. Wolf is probably doing very well also. then probably dixie.

in some order i cant guess paper mario, wonder red, and bandana dee round it out.
and then ridley.

EDIT forgot roy. . .probably around dixie's level.
EDIT 2 forgot toad as well. blarg. im gonna say less than dixie more than paper mario.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
K. Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee for sure. I can see characters like Dixie, Krystal, Captain Toad and Wonder Red doing reasonably well.

I think Wolf will be returning regardless of his placing in the ballot, along with Ice Climbers if they can work out the technical issues and Snake if Konami approaches Sakurai about it.

Ryu and Roy are pretty much confirmed.

Inkling may be on the cards purely based on their own merits.

Third-party characters like Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman, I reckon, will do very well and will at least be considered.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's still Sonic at the end and considering the Samus has a Light Suit alt that isn't the Light Suit, why not Sonic.
Because what the point of adding a recolor that is barely different? It was pretty bad in Brawl with Sonic's recolors. Its not classic Sonic. Its modern Sonic with classic colors. Not what they want. And that Light Suit looks pretty darn awesome.
along with Ice Climbers if they can work out the technical issues
Not gonna happen unless its WiiU-exclusive, something Sakurai is against. Unless they look like s**t that is unacceptable for 3ds game. If they would be possible here without any issues, then 8-player smash would be available for 3DS version since it pretty much is the same thing.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If Sonic gets an alt, I hope it's Metal Sonic.
Though I have a concern with this: What will they do with his up-throw, where Sonic extends his spines?
Make Metal Sonic's spikes extend...er...mechanically (as in blue parts separate from each other, revealing robostuff moving them)...or something...
Luigi has 2 alts that look the same iirc, Sonic, Lucario and Pac-Man...
...point taken. Still not a good thing.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm actually curious as to what would happen if an Assist Trophy was promoted to playable status in the same game.

Speaking from a purely hypothetical perspective, how would it alter the playing field? It would certainly shatter a lot of preconceived (though never officially stated) notions and open up a lot of possibilities, but would the potential benefits outweigh the effort of such a task?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm actually curious as to what would happen if an Assist Trophy was promoted to playable status in the same game.

Speaking from a purely hypothetical perspective, how would it alter the playing field? It would certainly shatter a lot of preconceived (though never officially stated) notions and open up a lot of possibilities, but would the potential benefits outweigh the effort of such a task?
Program the AT to not appear when the character is playable, tedious, but it can work

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Just disable that Assist Trophy. It pretty much same as if you would just get unlucky and never get it to appear.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

AT appearing at a darker shade (like two characters with the same pallette online)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I talked about that in my post in the RTC yesterday.
Essentially, in my opinion, no. Because they're been confirmed Assist Trophies, nobody votes for or supports them anymore. As such, a bunch of different characters have taken their place as the most requested characters...ones that arguably have just as much merit and potential, so Nintendo would just choose those characters and save the trouble of A. finding a workaround for Assist Trophies getting promoted, and B. not stepping on the toes of the fans of Assist Trophies who weren't so lucky.

Does that make sense at all?

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm the only person who understood what you meant, or the only one who didn't. :confused:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I talked about that in my post in the RTC yesterday.
Essentially, in my opinion, no. Because they're been confirmed Assist Trophies, nobody votes for or supports them anymore. As such, a bunch of different characters have taken their place as the most requested characters...ones that arguably have just as much merit and potential, so Nintendo would just choose those characters and save the trouble of A. finding a workaround for Assist Trophies getting promoted, and B. not stepping on the toes of the fans of Assist Trophies who weren't so lucky.

Does that make sense at all?

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm the only person who understood what you meant, or the only one who didn't. :confused:
You're the only person who understood what I meant. ;P

Considering you're the most ardent advocate of Midna and Ghirahim I know, I'm impressed at your impartial response. Very interesting and well said.

im trying to think of what AT are even popular enough to sell well.
Waluigi. . . maybe lyn, takamaru, and ghirahim.

and then I blank.

was dillon popular?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You're the only person who understood what I meant. ;P

Considering you're the most ardent advocate of Midna and Ghirahim I know, I'm impressed at your impartial response. Very interesting and well said.
Phew. Okay. :laugh:
I talk favourably for things I like, but at the end of the day, I am really good at predicting what isn't going to happen. I knew Ghirahim wasn't going to be in the game since E3 2014, and I know that them getting promoted to a character through DLC is extremely unlikely in light of a combination of limited spaces for DLC and them not getting that much attention anyway.

That being said, if Midna (or Ghirahim) turns out to be one of the frontrunners for the ballot...I will DEFINITELY capitalize on that.
I want to see an Assist Trophy in general get promoted, even if it's not either of them, just to see it happen. Waluigi and Takamaru, in my opinion, are probably the most likely.

Waluigi. . . maybe lyn and ghirahim.
and then I blank.
was dillon popular?
*cough*Midna*cough*

Last edited:
Phew. Okay. :laugh:
I talk favourably for things I like, but at the end of the day, I am really good at predicting what isn't going to happen. I knew Ghirahim wasn't going to be in the game since E3 2014, and I know that them getting promoted to a character through DLC is extremely unlikely in light of a combination of limited spaces for DLC and them not getting that much attention anyway.

That being said, if Midna (or Ghirahim) turns out to be one of the frontrunners for the ballot...I will DEFINITELY capitalize on that.
I want to see an Assist Trophy in general get promoted, even if it's not either of them, just to see it happen. Waluigi and Takamaru, in my opinion, are probably the most likely.

*cough*Midna*cough*
i (foolishly) based it on pre SSB4 popularity so i forgot to take hyrule warriors into account. that would probably lead to a sizeable bump there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Waluigi. . . maybe lyn, takamaru, and ghirahim.
and then I blank.
was dillon popular?
Dillon had supporters but wasn't exactly a top contender. Basically compare him to Shulk pre-gematsu or Advance Wars characters now.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It was a simple question dude, I just wanted the answer to it (which you haven't provided me).
That wasn't really directed to you. It was to Jaidyn, who I had been talking to in my previous posts about Spyro. He keeps saying the same thing despite what I've said previously. I just quoted you so you could read it too and get your question answered. Looking back at it now, I probably should've specifically mentioned that in my post. Sorry, and please don't be offended.
I haven't played much Spyro other than 3, watching an LP of 1, the DS Eternal something and the DS version of the reboot, my argument wasn't that Spryo didn't have enough to work with, but how when you said 'Ridley fans should vote for Spyro' you completely ignored the fact that the two have different fighting styles, it's like saying 'Mega Man fans should be happy with Samus' before he got confirmed
You were taking that seriously? :laugh: Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I wasn't being serious about that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, with all of this talk of Assist Trophy characters getting promoted and such....

I'd love to see Ashley or Waluigi. I don't care.

Edit: ....I'm debating making movesets for them both.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, with all of this talk of Assist Trophy characters getting promoted and such....
I'd love to see Ashley or Waluigi. I don't care.
Edit: ....I'm debating making movesets for them both.
I have an unfinished Ashley moveset...
Highlights include creating a steaming brew and spilling it on opponents, puffing out her pigtails (like Sonic's up-throw) and turning it white as an aerial, and creating the giant plant monster from her Smooth Moves ending for her Final Smash.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have an unfinished Ashley moveset...
Highlights include creating a steaming brew and spilling it on opponents, puffing out her pigtails (like Sonic's up-throw) and turning it white as an aerial, and creating the giant plant monster from her Smooth Moves ending for her Final Smash.
Would you mind PM'ing that? If you remember about a week ago I set up the idea of a potion-based neutral B that was an inverted Monado Arts and I'd like to see where your ideas went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom