• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Because he's a bada** Pokemon.
He fits Smash, can be easily implemented, he wouldn't be similar to :4mewtwo::4lucario:&:4greninja:. Plus he's a popular Pokemon and is only starter that is in the OU banned tier
Greninja got banned a while ago.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would change Roy as so:

Forward Smash: Leaping sword attack similar to Link's dash attack
Down Smash: A circular spin with fire effect
B: Similar to in Melee, but with a vacuum effect to draw opponents in
Side B: Each combo attack shoots a wave of fire that does only damage; the actual sword attack is slower than Marth's
Down B: I think holding a direction after the input so Roy could choose to send his opponent in one of the cardinal directions like throwing options would be interesting. I believe I had this idea for Little Mac's counter before his moves were revealed.
Dash attack: A clothesline with he sword. Roy would actually go onto the Z axis while holding out his sword. Lag afterwards to make it fair.
F tilt: Takes a step backwards before slashing. This way the f-tilt punishes opponent's running in for the attack and the Smash chases enemies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So are those Roy and Ryu rumors probably true or...?
Likely in all likelihood.

This is proven by the fact that you can fight Kirby characters on Battlefield in the 3DS Classic mode. The leak also involved new Kirby stages being DLC.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Likely in all likelihood.

This is proven by the fact that you can fight Kirby characters on Battlefield in the 3DS Classic mode. The leak that also involved new Kirby stages being DLC.
Rumor has it that its N64 Dreamland

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Rumor has it that its N64 Dreamland
Yeah and their might have been another Kirby stage if i'm not mistaken.

N64 Dreamland on the 3DS makes sense given the Wii U version has N64 Kongo Jungle.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If the Roy and Ryu rumors are true that includes slots for five characters. These five characters would include Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. And then two more after that.

So minimum of five after Mewtwo. However, the poll ends sometime in October. So maybe there will be a couple more after the five. If they are original fighters the process of making them could take longer than other characters such as Lucas.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, I think franchises like Fire Emblem, F-Zero, and StarFox are known MORE for their presence in Smash rather than their respective series. Of all the franchises represented in Smash, I think those three are more known in Smash than their respective series. I think Mother is actually more known for its respective series than Smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interestingly enough, I think franchises like Fire Emblem, F-Zero, and StarFox are known MORE for their presence in Smash rather than their respective series. Of all the franchises represented in Smash, I think those three are more known in Smash than their respective series. I think Mother is actually more known for its respective series than Smash.
MOTHER got most of its fans from Smash.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, may be just as known for its own series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
MOTHER got most of its fans from Smash.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, may be just as known for its own series.
When Smash pushes numbers of like 10 million and the best selling FE only moves a little past one million it's pretty fair to say most people know FE from Smash.

Not even accounting for the fact that FE made its debut in west in Smash.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
When Smash pushes numbers of like 10 million and the best selling FE only moves a little past one million it's pretty fair to say most people know FE from Smash.

Not even accounting for the fact that FE made its debut in west in Smash.
Sorry, I was thinking of Japan.

Should have been more clear.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
How many DLC characters do you guys think there will be in the end?
Well, If all the data mined stuff is true, then it will most likely turn out like this in my opinion

Lucas - Roy - Ryu - Voted Character - blank - blank - blank - blank- and another blank if the voted character spot has nothing to do with the 5 blank spaces found

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm expecting six or seven DLCs in total: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Wolf and maybe two characters from the ballot. (these latter would be start the development in next year);

in between, some stages, modes and more Mii accessories.

ukelele is still indie though. They still have to go through the same legal problems. Are they even being released in Japan? because this is shovel knight 2.0 if not.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival
Can...Can we have these guys after their game comes out? The kickstarter only started today...
Yooka and laylee (the spirtual succesors of banjo and kazooie.)

Yooka is a chameleon and laylee is a bat

HECK YEA

hate mesaages incoming but. Would raither hae those 2 than banjo and kazooie.

Yooka and laylee for smash 4 DLC/smash 5

(Remember :4duckhunt::4lucas::4lucina: had only 1 game and got in (:4rob:only having 2) :4greninja::4darkpit: are nearly infant age in video gaming world)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
hey, it's called Yooka-Laylee and it already passed it's first kickstarter goal in under an hour.

But let's see how popular it will be.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

>>> (IMHO)
Yes, the brand new characters should be in over the N64 icons.

Brilliant!

How many DLC characters do you guys think there will be in the end?
8 at minimum, maximum depends on how long they support the game.

We already know there are 6 spots are already reserved, 4 are Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, and Roy. Given that the ballot is no where near over, I'm assuming these are pre-ballot DLC characters. After that, I'm expecting at least two characters from the ballot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yooka & Laylee are adorable, but they're too premature to even compete in the Ballot; imo. In other hand, if they were from a game (at least) already released, I'd say they would still have more chance than Banjo & Kazooie, which are nearly impossible.

but in any case, I'll not conflict the characters; they're all from the same family in my mind. =P (AND IN THE SAME UNIVERSE! as Conker, DK and Mario!) =P

GalaxyKirby

Smash Rookie
She's not as popular as other Sonic characters, both in requests and popularity in general. Metal Sonic best character
Yeah i know also many people seem to forget about her which is sad. I think she could fit perfectly into Super Smash Bros.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ukelele is still indie though. They still have to go through the same legal problems. Are they even being released in Japan? because this is shovel knight 2.0 if not.
Probably not anytime soon. None of the stretch goals directly mention it (though if the demand is strong enough, they likely will.)

:231:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the Banjo-Kazooie series was very popular in Japan (all Rare's products, actually);.. I believe that even Grunty's Revenge was released there; -- of course, they had Nintendo publishing before, but I don't think that they will forget this support this time around... Yooka-Laylee will be a success there.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Call me strange, but I'd like Anna from FE.

Yes, another Emblem character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom