• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm bored, rate the final smash for each character from A+ to F-

:4bowser:C+
:4bowserjr:C
:4falcon:A-
:4charizard:C
:4darkpit:D+
:4dedede:DDD
:4diddy:C-
:4dk:C+
:4drmario:C
:4duckhunt:A
:4fox::4falco:C+
:4ganondorf:B
:4gaw:C
:4greninja:B+
:4myfriends:B
:4jigglypuff:C
:4kirby:B-
:4littlemac:B
:4link::4tlink:C+
:4lucario:C-
:4lucas::4ness:A
:4marth::4lucina:B
:4megaman:A+
:4metaknight:C-
:4mewtwo:B
:4olimar:C-(due to the Rocket item)
:4palutena:B
:4pacman:A
:4peach:C+
:4pikachu:B
:4pit:C+
:4rob:A
:4robinm:A-
:rosalina:D
:4samus:B+
:4zelda::4sheik:B-
:4shulk:B
:4sonic:B-
:4villager:C
:4wario:B
:4wiifit:B+
:4yoshi:D
:4zss:C
:4miibrawl:A :4miigun:B:4miisword:F+

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not a fan of Final smashes who's animations don't happen on the actual stage, e.g Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon.

Also......clone final Smashes. Like Lucina/sMarths.....Falco's/Wolfs/Fox's .......Zelda/Dark Pit. All should be unique imho.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
How many unique sword wielding characters do you guys want? Isaac, Lyn, Takamaru, Galacta Knight if he counts and Ghirahim are my choices
Aside from the extremely unlikely Lloyd Irving I would like Aeron (Pandoras Tower), Zael(The Last Story), and Impa (specifically the Hyrule Warriors version)

If I were to put them in order of how likely I think they are: Impa, Aeron, Zael, Lloyd. And of those I only see Impa having a decent chance.

EDIT:
Aeron

Zael + Lady Calista

Would make good sword fighters in some way.
Did I mention that we should be friends?

EDIT 2:
And honestly I see Aeron as a good "substitute" for Simon Belmont-style gameplay. Using his chain/whip a bit more wouldn't change his character and would be a reasonable creative adjustment.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Cool, lets be friends lol. I think they might add Zeal/Areon but probably not for DLC. Shulk at least was popular and wanted among smash fans, so obviously his chances were much much better.​

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah out of all the Fire Emblem characters, Lyn would be my next choice, her or The Black Knight.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Out of FE?

I would personally choose Tiki, Tharja or the next avatars.
Hey......we need more magicians too. :p
Pssst
Anna
Just saying
Made a showing in 12/13 games, canonically has used Swords, Lances, and Staves. Massive bag of goodies being the Secret Shopkeeper in general. Not to mention the Superboss of the ultimate challenge DLC map for Awakening.
Tiki's one of the more important FE characters but without transformations... I don't think a Manakete's a good choice.
Tharja is a one-off entirely optional character who has popularity off of her sex appeal more than anything. Krystal has better credentials for a Fem-Magician of a series that has a major character with two kinds of clones (:4marth::4lucina::roypm:/:4fox::4falco::wolf:)

Edit: Counting Class-swapping with Ocean Seals, you can add Bows and Tomes to her arsenal as well.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lyn
. . . Wonder red has unite sword I guess.

Takamaru and Isaac are cool I guess but I havent played MM castle or too much of Golden sun yet
Both are great choices. With Takamaru, his katana is more of secondary weapon and typically only uses it at point blank range. He primarily fights with different projectiles: throwing stars, smoke bombs, throwing scythes, fire spell tags, freakin' lightening, etc. The same is largely true for Isaac too as he fights more with "Psyenergy" than his short sword. Isaac specializes in "Venus" psyenergy which means his attacks revolve around earth and plant attacks as well as summoning hands made of energy to do different things. Also, there's no excuse, Judgement or Ragnorok would have to be his final smash.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
While I don't think it's likely, I hope Ryu has an EX Meter somehow. It would make him a little more interesting(Not that I don't think he is). I'm super hyped for him and, especially, the music that follows if he truly gets a stage as well. Guile's theme... Oh man.

Roy on the other hand, isn't my cup of tea. While I hear he's popular in Japan and is a Smash veteran and all, I just never cared for the guy.

Out of FE?

I would personally choose Tiki, Tharja or the next avatars.
Hey......we need more magicians too. :p
I would love to play as Tharja as she was one of my favorites in the game.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well other than Roy who finally seems to be returning to the series, I always wanted Lyn playable in Smash because she could be unique from other FE characters.

I'm hoping she becomes playable in the next Smash and Hector takes her place as an Assist Trophy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well other than Roy who finally seems to be returning to the series, I always wanted Lyn playable in Smash because she could be unique from other FE characters.

I'm hoping she becomes playable in the next Smash and Hector takes her place as an Assist Trophy.
Hector so badass though...According to people, haven't got to hos chapter yet

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lyn would be sweet. Anna wouldn't be bad either. I would have liked Micaiah also as a mage character similar to Robin (before even his reveal)

For some reason tho I crave for more females from FE, especially those in secondary roles but important to main chars. (Maybe the Pegasus Knight Gals, like Sheeda, Elincia, etc)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
The last sword character needed is Saki. His laser shots, reflect slashes, and acrobatics would make an awesome character.

Ps lyn is worthy too since she's the wests first fe protagonist.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Just a dumb thought, but instead of having just Simon represent Castlevania (since the series has so many protagonists) what if there was a character simply named 'Belmont'? He'd use moves from all who bear that name (Richter's item crashes, Julius' Omnia Vanitas, Simon's 8 way whip etc.) and his color swaps would be different Belmonts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just a dumb thought, but instead of having just Simon represent Castlevania (since the series has so many protagonists) what if there was a character simply named 'Belmont'? He'd use moves from all who bear that name (Richter's item crashes, Julius' Omnia Vanitas, Simon's 8 way whip etc.) and his color swaps would be different Belmonts.
Pretty awesome!
The last sword character needed is Saki. His laser shots, reflect slashes, and acrobatics would make an awesome character.

Ps lyn is worthy too since she's the wests first fe protagonist.
Oh yeah, Saki has a sword. I forgot because of how it's a bullet hell

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Both are great choices. With Takamaru, his katana is more of secondary weapon and typically only uses it at point blank range. He primarily fights with different projectiles: throwing stars, smoke bombs, throwing scythes, fire spell tags, freakin' lightening, etc. The same is largely true for Isaac too as he fights more with "Psyenergy" than his short sword. Isaac specializes in "Venus" psyenergy which means his attacks revolve around earth and plant attacks as well as summoning hands made of energy to do different things. Also, there's no excuse, Judgement or Ragnorok would have to be his final smash.
Ragnarok is a regular psynergy attack that hits one opponent. No, it should just be a regular attack.

As for hand psynergy, definitely make those his grabs and throws. It makes way too much sense. Plus, most normal psynergy attacks have multiple levels. I think all of his smashes should be things like Earthquake, Gaia, and Spire, and charging them upgrades them into their more powerful versions. Ragnarok could either be an air or tilt, and Djinn for Isaac's specials. That's my preferred idea at the moment, but there's so many different ways for Isaac to work even if he's just Venus only (which he probably would be).

EDIT: As for OTHER sword user's I'd like to see...

Lyn for sure. Lloyd Irving would be need to represent the Tales series. Takamaru sounds like he could be interesting. Anna would be cool, though I'd prefer if she used a wide variety of FE weapons.

I like the idea of Impa being the next Zelda character, but I don't really like the idea of her just using a sword. I'd prefer if she like used Shadow/dark magic based on her status as Shadow Sage and the Sheikah's close connection with the shadow (I understand why she didn't use anything Dark-related in Hyrule Warriors, but that would make far more sense than what she got; there were simply too many "dark" users, though, because most villains were dark-based).

Still, though, the only sword user even close to the top of my list is Isaac. I only really want K. Rool and Isaac. Close after them would be Lip and Dixie, then a more distant Sami and Ridley. Isaac is the only sword user that I'm that interested in, and as noted, I imagine he'd barely use his sword anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're better off with having Simon represent all of them like how Solid Snake had elements of Naked Snake mixed in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What if their was a Smash game for all the characters that were planned yet never made it?

(In the Announcer Voice) SUPER PLANNED BROTHERS!!!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They were (or at least considered). The more obscure ones were considered for Melee but obviously didn't get in.

D

Deleted member

"Considered" is not the same thing as "planned".
Even @PushDustIn points this out on the article you're clearly getting your information from.
Furthermore, there is misinformation on your list based on what his data says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Adding on to this, their would be 14 starting characters and 7 unlockables

Starters
Urban Champ
Bubbles
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Sukapon
Excite Biker
Banjo & Kazooie
Saki
Toon Zelda/Shiek
Plusle & Mininun
Blastoise
Ridley
Nintendog
Chrom

Unlockables
Toad
Ayumi
Ballon Fighter
James Bond
Leif
Dixie Kong
Chrous Men

"Considered" is not the same thing as "planned".
Even @PushDustIn points this out on the article you're clearly getting your information from.
Furthermore, there is misinformation on your list based on what his data says.
Don't be a party pooper dude. They still had a possibility of getting in even if they weren't planned and that's the bottom line lol.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lyn would be sweet. Anna wouldn't be bad either. I would have liked Micaiah also as a mage character similar to Robin (before even his reveal)

For some reason tho I crave for more females from FE, especially those in secondary roles but important to main chars. (Maybe the Pegasus Knight Gals, like Sheeda, Elincia, etc)
No love for Kamui? At least she/he uses a Dragonstone in their movesets. :(

They were (or at least considered). The more obscure ones were considered for Melee but obviously didn't get in.
As I said again, Ayumi's inclusion probably would have made WFT's much less surprising if it actually happened. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I remember Sakurai denying Saki being in Melee but said S&P couldn't provide him a good moveset. MEANWHILE ALMOST EVERYONE HAS MOVES MADE UP FOR SMASH
What he said was that thinking of a moveset didn't come natural to him (according to PushDustIn; I'm not entirely sure that's what he said going by my own translation).
Not that one couldn't be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom