• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What is the please supposed to mean? I don't necessarily understand how you're using it.
Please as in, I want that to be true.
You complaining about Roy is getting real old, real fast.
I've mentioned him only a handful of times.
If it bothers you that much it isn't that hard to tell me directly instead of ganging up on me.
I guess I set my expectations for you and Golden too high.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please as in, I want that to be true.

I've mentioned him only a handful of times.
If it bothers you that much it isn't that hard to tell me directly instead of ganging up on me.
I guess I set my expectations for you and Golden too high.
This isn't ganging up on anybody.

It's just that every time you mention Roy, its something negative.

It's getting old. That's all.

What's with the passive aggressiveness, that isn't like you.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This isn't ganging up on anybody.
Really? Because it certainly feels like it.
I always get overlooked, nobody ever addresses a thing I say. And someone finally decides to call me out on something I've been doing wrong, you all do at once. I'm sick of it. I'm really really sick of it.
It's just that every time you mention Roy, its something negative.
It's getting old. That's all.
Maybe it's because there's nothing positive to say. And mind you, I only bring him when it's relevant. I'm not going to Roy's support thread and complaining, I'm not bringing up how much I hate Roy every chance I get. All I have done is casually mentioned that didn't want a six dollar clone. Is that so bad you had to make me feel like absolute garbage?
Lastly...
What's with the passive aggressiveness, that isn't like you.
There's only so much I can put up, dude. If you want me to be "like me" don't step on my nerves so intensely.
EDIT: If anyone wants to continue this debacle, please take it to PM's. I don't want to clutter this thread with my nonsense.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Really? Because it certainly feels like it.
I always get overlooked, nobody ever addresses a thing I say. And someone finally decides to call me out on something I've been doing wrong, you all do at once. I'm sick of it. I'm really really sick of it.

Maybe it's because there's nothing positive to say. And mind you, I only bring him when it's relevant. I'm not going to Roy's support thread and complaining, I'm not bringing up how much I hate Roy every chance I get. All I have done is casually mentioned that didn't want a six dollar clone. Is that so bad you had to make me feel like absolute garbage?
Lastly...

There's only so much I can put up, dude. If you want me to be "like me" don't step on my nerves so intensely.
EDIT: If anyone wants to continue this debacle, please take it to PM's. I don't want to clutter this thread with my nonsense.
Bro im the kellam of sb, (tho i dont mind it), I remember when you first joined and you fit right in, nobody hates you, theyre just are a bit on edge from the OMG ROY SUXXX from every smash site they go to. If you dont like the char, fine. But we're all buds here, no one's trying to gang up on you. Tho golden is an entei, he has teh ph1r3. No hard feelings right? cause at the end of the day we're all here cause of smash. (Now the old discussion thread WAS an ambush fest however it was entertaining) i know i shouldnt have but i wanted to say something.

So anyway to sorta continue, I think smash packs are a given. They'll be prob 1-3 characters, with new stages and music included, for lets say 9.99-11.99 Id say that's reasonable.

Last edited:

yani

Smash Lord
I think if there's really going to be more than six characters than they'll be split up into packs. Maybe character 1 pack includes Mewtwo + 4 more and then another pack of 5 after. Perhaps with an option to buy any character individually for $5.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
How do you think will be the gameplay of Ryu in Super Smash Bros 4?

1 - Some people believe that he may have a special bar and using it he could use some stronger attacks.

2 - Other people believe that he may have the same transformations of Marvel vs Capcom and copy Ken and Akuma.

3 - I also saw some people commenting that he could have the same set of conventional method of Street Fighters and use combos, aerial combos and such.

4 - And also others who simply think that it will have the same playing method of the characters in Super Smash.

What do you think? Do you have any different idea?
I expect 1. It's the most obvious direct Street Fighter reference, an interesting addition to his gameplay, and much easier to implement than the transformations idea. There's also a lot that can be done with it. My ideas are:

Neutral B - Hadouken - EX version has significantly less lag and hits twice, which means it can be used to extend combos longer than usual.

Side B - Tatsumaki - Becomes multi-hitting, enabling more chance of follow-up and more damage, as well as rising if used in mid-air for a better recovery.

Up B - Shoryuken - EX version has much greater damage, knockback, and recovers higher. It also doesn't leave you helpless afterwards so is harder to punish.

Down B - Hyakki Gosai - This is not one of the usual choices of moves so I'll explain it a bit. This is one of the special moves used in Street Fighter by Gouken and Akuma, characters closely related to Ryu and who use the same fighting style. This consists of a ZSS-esque flip which is a command grab. If done on a grounded opponent, Ryu flips the opponent over his head (Akuma's version, 4:50 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB16gW3VR-A ). If done on an aerial opponent, he punches the opponent downwards whilst flipping over their head (Gouken's version, 5:00 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPDUu5ipBAY ). EX versions will be quicker etc, with perhaps some start-up invincibility on the flip.

(People like Focus Attack here, I just put that as a Smash move so don't feel like I'm leaving that out)

EX versions of moves become a really interesting prospect in this game, because you have all of the following choices:
- Better KO power
- More damaging strings
- Better approach options
- Better and safer recovery

But obviously you can't use them all. This would give his game quite a bit of depth and variety to the players. You can have Ryu's who play the following sorts of games:

- Use EX for longer and flashier grounded combos and strings
- Save EX for devastating KO moves
- Use EX defensively for epic recovery
- Use EX to go really deep when edge-guarding

And a good Ryu could very well play multiple ways depending on the opponent. Against someone like Diddy/Sheik he may want to use it a lot in the Neutral to make things more even whereas against someone like ROB he could save it to chase him offstage and make life miserable. Speaking of the recovery, it almost becomes a ROB-esque prospect for Ryu when recovering. With double jump, EX Tatsumaki and EX Shoryuken, I imagine his recovery to be really, really good. But repeated use would drain this very quickly, leaving him with a much weaker recovery that you can exploit, and a weaker position when he gets back on. With Ryu you could very well have the dilemma of whether to use an EX special or a double jump to recover; the latter saves EX but the former saves your double jump for later against a particularly good edge-guarder.

At least I hope that's what it is. A lot of people think Ryu will be a bland addition but if you work in these kinds of things then I imagine him to be a really exciting character. One other thing I'd like to see is him being able to use his Super Move by pressing B if his EX bar is full, like Little Mac's KO Punch (though nowhere near as extreme). I think that would be a really good way of keeping his reputation of accessible to newcomers whilst allowing him to be really interesting to more advanced players by using other EX moves.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've though of something funny: If Banjo Kazooie were't to be included due to Nintendo's lack of compliance to Microsoft, then there's s chance that we might have a Nintendo owned bear join the roster instead. Since Donkey Kong Country 3 should already be on the Nintendo eShop, I know the perfect bear that can make up for Banjo's loss. :awesome:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Rosalina isn't OP in MK Wii....7...........3D World.........or Smash really. She's near the top in Smash but not OP!.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I can't believe there is no fully protagonist (D3 doesn't really count).........big..........heavyweight character yet!!! BLASPHEMY! ABSURD!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
:4dk:
except maybe Donkey Kong arcade
obviously we are missing a femage fat heavyweight in that case.

And I have the right perfect answer.

WAS IN MK7 AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Also......first Queen.(unless Medusa or someone gets in first!)

I demand the first of anything to be in Smash.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
How many unique sword wielding characters do you guys want? Isaac, Lyn, Takamaru, Galacta Knight if he counts and Ghirahim are my choices
Isaac, Waddle Dee , Masked Link ,Takamaru, Zeal and Aeron.

Isaac mostly for the fans to shut up but still. XD.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
How many unique sword wielding characters do you guys want? Isaac, Lyn, Takamaru, Galacta Knight if he counts and Ghirahim are my choices
TA-KA-MA-RU
TA-KA-MA-RU

obviously we are missing a femage fat heavyweight in that case.

And I have the right perfect answer.

WAS IN MK7 AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Also......first Queen.(unless Medusa or someone gets in first!)

I demand the first of anything to be in Smash.
I can't think of any other Femme Fat-ale.
Except from Pom Pom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom