• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As a little improvement from the other never-happening roster, I changed the layout and added Calista & Tiki. Now its 80 characters.

Tetris would be an intresting character.
I also previously thought that Hanafuda Cards would make another R.O.B-like (seeing as he does not originate from a video game) character that is also very unique.

Dunno how if it would completely work though. I imagine it like a floating random fish-like school of cards that change size and shapes to move and attack.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How about someone from Famicom Fairy Tales: Shin Onigashima?

:seuss:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As a little improvement from the other never-happening roster, I changed the layout and added Calista & Tiki. Now its 80 characters.

Tetris would be an intresting character.
I also previously thought that Hanafuda Cards would make another R.O.B-like (seeing as he does not originate from a video game) character that is also very unique.

Dunno how if it would completely work though. I imagine it like a floating random fish-like school of cards that change size and shapes to move and attack.

Or just have Daitouryou. (The guy on the Hanafuda deck's face)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Or just have Daitouryou. (The guy on the Hanafuda deck's face)
Maybe it could also change density? Just thought about it now.
The closer the packed in the cards are, the higher thier power. This might be used for Smash attacks, which would limit thier range but they would be VERY powerful.

Perhaps less cards would be visible the more damage it takes? Kinda like the passive Lucario thing, except this time It would become fast and faster as there's less cards. At some point though, maybe 150%, they will not stop decreasing in numbers.
To make the moves still work though the cards would be bigger to fill in the spaces, which would make the character slightly more floaty.

I should vote lol.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I've seem a Hanafuda fighter suggested before. They suggested using the "rainman" character on one of the cards.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, I always wondered how exactly you play the Hanafuda card game and what their rules are, guess I should look it up sometime.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
How many DLC characters do you guys expect the game to have?
4 or [MAX] 5. Anything above that will severely surprise me.
April - Mewtwo
June - Lucas, Wolf announced @ E3.
October - Wolf
November - newcomer announced (preferably Impa or Bayonetta or Medusa)
February - newcomer released, newcomer 2 announced. (preferably K Rool or Dixie or Inkling)
May - newcomer 2 released.

At least, roughly like that is what I'm hoping for.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting 12 DLC characters. 50/50 veterans/newcomers, with Sakurai mentioning that when he said there wouldn't be very many new characters, he wasn't talking about veterans.

But seriously, that last part I can seriously see Sakurai doing just to wind the fans up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm betting 12 DLC characters. 50/50 veterans/newcomers, with Sakurai mentioning that when he said there wouldn't be very many new characters, he wasn't talking about veterans.

But seriously, that last part I can seriously see Sakurai doing just to wind the fans up.
I think he's mainly trying to keep our hype and expectations in check. Especially after the whole Brawl fiasco. After Lucas's surprise reveal and how skeptical a lot of people where in regards to seeing more after Mewtwo. He's certainly playing his cards a bit better this time.....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think we're gonna get 4 already chosen characters (Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, and one more) and 4 characters based off the results of the ballot.

I know eight seems high to some but I've said it before and I'll say it again, what Nintendo wants comes ahead of what Sakurai wants, and if their other triple-A titles are any indication, Nintendo wants to hit hard with DLC.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I think we're gonna get 4 already chosen characters (Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, and one more) and 4 characters based off the results of the ballot.

I know eight seems high to some but I've said it before and I'll say it again, what Nintendo wants comes ahead of what Sakurai wants, and if their other triple-A titles are any indication, Nintendo wants to hit hard with DLC.
I think it'll be Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf as the predetermined and three based on the ballot. I agree that what Nintendo wants comes first and this would be great business, but I think they'll fear looking like too big of penny puncherspunchers

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Well,
I think he's mainly trying to keep our hype and expectations in check. Especially after the whole Brawl fiasco. After Lucas's surprise reveal and how skeptical a lot of people where in regards to seeing more after Mewtwo. He's certainly playing his cards a bit better this time.....
True, but we'll have to wait and see. I wish they'll do 16 so we have 64 characters to fit the tourney grid, but even I think that'll be too much for Sakurai to handle.

Still, I'm willing to bet there will be something they'll give us in May that they just haven't shown us yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it'll be Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf as the predetermined and three based on the ballot. I agree that what Nintendo wants comes first and this would be great business, but I think they'll fear looking like too big of penny puncherspunchers
By and large people don't complain about DLC that releases after the game, not on disc, for a fair price, and with input from the fans.

People complain about on-disc DLC, day 1 DLC, overcharging for DLC, and microtransactions.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
By and large people don't complain about DLC that releases after the game, not on disc, for a fair price, and with input from the fans.

People complain about on-disc DLC, day 1 DLC, overcharging for DLC, and microtransactions.
The Skullgirls method versus the Street Fighter method? :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
A bit of an edit from something @SAVideos did, since it was my first real time fiddling with Photoshop since junior year of high school, it took me a good bit to put together.

But I'm of the theory that with :4mewtwo:in April and :4lucas:in June, :wolf: will be teasered at E3 and released in August. Around October there'll be a character that had a large chunk of the Ballot and pre-emptively worked on to be revealed shortly after it comes to a close (most likely King K. Rool with this international trend). After that, I believe Inklings will get an end of the year spot, and some time in early 2016 we'll get our final DLC character. 3 Veterans, 3 newcomers. PERSONALLY, here's my vision. Sorry specifically to Isaac fans.

Afterthought: I probably should have put more work to reordering some of the characters to have a more logical organization.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A bit of an edit from something @SAVideos did, since it was my first real time fiddling with Photoshop since junior year of high school, it took me a good bit to put together.

But I'm of the theory that with :4mewtwo:in April and :4lucas:in June, :wolf: will be teasered at E3 and released in August. Around October there'll be a character that had a large chunk of the Ballot and pre-emptively worked on to be revealed shortly after it comes to a close (most likely King K. Rool with this international trend). After that, I believe Inklings will get an end of the year spot, and some time in early 2016 we'll get our final DLC character. 3 Veterans, 3 newcomers. PERSONALLY, here's my vision. Sorry specifically to Isaac fans.

Afterthought: I probably should have put more work to reordering some of the characters to have a more logical organization.
Replace King K. with Chorus Men, and we're good.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Replace King K. with Chorus Men, and we're good.
While I'd PREFER a Rhythm Heaven character, I won't deny the raw popularity that King K. has held since pre-brawl days and held himself in top 5 if not top 3 or being even #1 in polls from various nations. I simply think that he is more likely to come to be.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While I'd PREFER a Rhythm Heaven character, I won't deny the raw popularity that King K. has held since pre-brawl days and held himself in top 5 if not top 3 or being even #1 in polls from various nations. I simply think that he is more likely to come to be.
Feel like King K. Rool's ship sailed a long time ago.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Feel like King K. Rool's ship sailed a long time ago.
I don't feel like that could be true at all. A Nintendo character who is being heavily voted for. When did his ship sail? The only characters whose ships have really sailed are characters who already have a role in the game.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
How many DLC characters do you guys expect the game to have?
6 more at minimum, can't really determine a maximum as we don't actually know how long they will support Smash through DLC. Could be just a few after Lucas, could be 15 more characters for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom