• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just want to chime in here before the inevitable comparison is made.

Toon Link is a separate entity, but Sakurai acknowledges that they are separate entities. That's why Link and Toon link can coexist in the same roster.
Even so, normal Link still causes the Spirit Tracks Link to be replaced by Alfonzo on the Spirit Train stage.

Ridley could coexist alongside Roidley if Sakurai acknowledged them as separate entities. The issue is that he doesn't. It's arbitrary and it's silly, but it's how Sakurai works. The moment he refers to Roidley as a clone of the original Ridley and that the original Ridley is still on the cards, I will drop this line of thinking - until then, though, this is where we are, and this is where we have to continue from.
Pretty much. The trophy describes him as classic Ridley. It's just the design that comes from Other M to match with Samus.

Plus, it's stated in Other M that he's an identical clone of Ridley, so it would theoretically have the same appearance as classic Ridley.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Aaaand I'm going to carry on from somebody's point again.

As @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon said, Ridley already has a role in the game. You can still vote for him, and by all means, you should. I know I'm going to. And that's good, the more support he has and the stronger our cause becomes, the better off we are in the grand scheme of anythings.

But don't expect anything.

I'm gonna vote for Lyn and Isabelle as well, 'cos why not? I love 'em as characters and would love to play as 'em. But they have a role in the game, ergo I'm not expecting them.

Show support and stay strong for the next game, or future Metroid games in general, but for goodness' sake, please understand that Ridley is not suddenly going to happen in Smash 4.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering the data Nintendo receives will also be used in consideration for characters in future games, voting for Ridley and other characters already in Smash 4 as NPCs gives them a chance to be playable in Smash 5.

DLC characters that are released as add-on content are bound to a restriction that shouldn't conflict with the base game itself.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Plus, it's stated in Other M that he's an identical clone of Ridley, so it would theoretically have the same appearance as classic Ridley.
Eeeh...unless Other M retconned it, that's kind of hard to believe. And since Other M is not actually a retcon (it's a sequel to Super Metroid, thus it cannot be a retcon), that means either;
A) Ridley was always like this and all other depictions of him are incorrect (which contradicts pretty much every other game in the series), which would be a retcon.
or B) That Roidley is genetically modified in some way that gave him increased musclulature that the original didn't have (seeing as how he was made from DNA recovered from Samus' Power Suit...the idea of Roidley being some sort of Ridley/Samus hybrid is possible).

But I'm just going to stop debating the idea now, unless someone decides to bring it up ever again. :p

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I was bored so I decided to make my ultimate dream roster. Obviously it will never ever happen, but here it is and just pretend that "ELMA" from XCX is included as there's no icon for her available.

With all this DLC coming up, I would not be surprised if the Roster grew THAT big by the end times of 5mash....
And yes, I don't mind about number of 3rd parties as long as the characters are awesome.:kirby:

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'm surprised that I don't see very many supporters for the Dragon Quest Hero. Most people seem to be on team Slime, here.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm surprised that I don't see very many supporters for the Dragon Quest Hero. Most people seem to be on team Slime, here.
I'm on team slime, because Slime is at least one of the mascots who also appeared playable in Mario Sports Mix on Wii.

Though most importantly because I just have no idea how a Dragon Quest Hero would work or what his+her name would be; "Hero", "Avatar" ect....

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'm on team slime, because Slime is at least one of the mascots who also appeared playable in Mario Sports Mix on Wii.

Though most importantly because I just have no idea how a Dragon Quest Hero would work or what his+her name would be; "Hero", "Avatar" ect....
I quite like the idea of the name "Hero", myself. I feel like picking the Slime has so many limitations, and I just struggle to see him turning out to be a fun character. I'm more than alright with him being moveset material for the Hero, but I can't see him working on his own, unfortunately. And yes, I know about Rocket the Slime.

I was bored so I decided to make my ultimate dream roster. Obviously it will never ever happen, but here it is and just pretend that "ELMA" from XCX is included as there's no icon for her available.

With all this DLC coming up, I would not be surprised if the Roster grew THAT big by the end times of 5mash....
And yes, I don't mind about number of 3rd parties as long as the characters are awesome.:kirby:
*checks for my personal "usual suspects"*
*all but one*

I love it. but wonder red

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice

Google is a good search engine to find what you are looking for. People should use it more often.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I quite like the idea of the name "Hero", myself. I feel like picking the Slime has so many limitations, and I just struggle to see him turning out to be a fun character. I'm more than alright with him being moveset material for the Hero, but I can't see him working on his own, unfortunately. And yes, I know about Rocket the Slime.
Perhaps it would be even better if Slime was at least 3 moves for "Hero" (special, normal whatever) and then that way DQ gets even better represnation!!!

I honestly believe if there will be a Square Enix character, then it must be from DQ. FF is not even on Nintendo consoles anymore for decades. (or decade and a bit).

Google is a good search engine to find what you are looking for. People should use it more often.
I'm lazy and that took like an hour since I get distracted easily. So thanks a lot!!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4palutena::4robinm::4shulk::4pacman::4villager::4mii:

and ****ing :4megaman: of all things.

Blue, this crap is getting really old.....
No need to remind me Swamp. :I
Popularity still wasn't the biggest factor, it mattered a bit when the Smash 4 roster was decided aside from clones, Sakurai reiterates that he didn't choose any unique newcomer solely for popularity. Now it is a bigger factor thanks to the ballot, but I'm not going overrate any newcomer over 50% until there is evidence or strong factors that suggest that the character is likely going to be in.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Right.... Shoulder charge is amazing as well as the butt bomb, He has his down smash which causes knockdown his goofy forward smash and his charge throw from wario world, also dat bair. PM Wario is awesome idk what you smokin...
The best part was the pummel. Mugging my friends in PM was gold. I missed the bike though.
It's just we have more flip flops that Sticker Star.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

*Sees Medusa, Daisy, and K. Rool*

*Notices a disturbing lack of Brash the Bear*

0/10 would not buy! :troll:

Still a perfect roster though.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Just to get this out there already, but, How could they make Daisy different from Peach moveset wise? My friend won't stop asking me how they could and I can't think of anything.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just to get this out there already, but, How could they make Daisy different from Peach moveset wise? My friend won't stop asking me how they could and I can't think of anything.
Base at least half of the moves on Mario Sport Spinoffs & maybe even Mario Kart , with various outfits including Striker outfit ( and have the dress be an alternate costume)

Make her a lot faster and perhaps more projectily than Peach, yet slower than ZZS or Shiek.

Her main competition is Waluigi. I used to support him & Rosalina but now that Rosa is here I'd rather have the 3 princess' than the 4 Mario "brothers".(plus Dr. Mario.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just stuff that doesn't involve pacifistic and girly attacks like Peach. In others words an insane brutish tomboy that uses the power of sports.

If you really want a huge difference, just ditch the dress and go for a Strikers outfit (Which is something half of the Smash Mario cast wouldn't be getting anytime soon).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Give Daisy stuff from Super Mario Land games...

Superballs
Sky Pop and Marine Pop
False Daisy clones at the end of Worlds 1-3, 2-3, and 3-3
Bunny ears
Bells, not Super Bells
Hippo bubbles

And that's not including sports/party stuff.
Exactly why I said previously here at least half being based on Sport + Kart spinoffs.
would like some of those there too. Afterall, Daisy was in one main game only.

though 1 special or move based on SML would be best imo, the sport stuff are better. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every time someone uses those words together, I think of this abomination:

(This is "Classic" Ridley, is it not?)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I prefer if the Square Enix character was Agnes Oblige, she has a unique Brave Default gameplay mechanic going for her, she surprisingly fits in better than some of Square characters suggested here. It would be especially awesome to get That Person's Name is and Serpent in the Ground, as they are great fitting tracks for Smash.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

I actually think this would be a realistic roster for Smash 6 or so, as long as the Kid Icarus newcomers are excluded.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

......I found this by accident, and now I frigging want this.

inb4blueobsessesaboutthisandmakesmenotwantitanymore

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That's the coolest way to make Tetris playable.
Make him the best fast-faller in the game along adding a puzzle block playstyle (that most Lip supporters suggest) and I'm ok with him being in.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Are we talking about tetris,moveset:
He slowly falls...
Dissapears...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom