• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The only veteranI find necessary is the Pokemon Trainer, the protagonist of Nintendo's second biggest franchise.

Ya know, the one no one ever mentions because the vocal smash fan base is silent on Pokemon until they spew their contention.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Man, so I'm a Space Pirate and a Kremling. What do you call someone who likes Bayonetta? Just an Umbran Witch/Warlock? Any other Bayo fans, or is it just me? Wonder Red is cool too. lol Wonderful ones
I'll get that sorted.
Call me crazy, but your not alone. Not alone at all.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Personally, I want the Pokemon Trainer to return, but with his 3 Pokemon as individual fighters. So, he'd be there, doing his thing, but you know, less useless, cause he isn't a handicap anymore.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Personally, I want the Pokemon Trainer to return, but with his 3 Pokemon as individual fighters. So, he'd be there, doing his thing, but you know, less useless, cause he isn't a handicap anymore.
You want PT to return without fatigue, forced switching and type disadvantages or just have all three Pokemon have their own slot with PT in the background for each of them?

You definitely mean the former but idk seems pointless considering unlike Sheik/Zelda they aren't designed to complement each other's moveset so much as PT is supposed to replicate the strategizing and adapting in Pokemon. (which ended up being executed poorly lol)

Definitely wouldn't mind Squirtle to return but I got my favourite of the three personally (although I don't like him as much here as I do in Brawl, forced switching and all)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You want PT to return without fatigue, forced switching and type disadvantages or just have all three Pokemon have their own slot with PT in the background for each of them?

You definitely mean the former but idk seems pointless considering unlike Sheik/Zelda they aren't designed to complement each other's moveset so much as PT is supposed to replicate the strategizing and adapting in Pokemon. (which ended up being executed poorly lol)

Definitely wouldn't mind Squirtle to return but I got my favourite of the three personally (although I don't like him as much here as I do in Brawl, forced switching and all)
A guy named Spinosaurus has his favorite in Charizard.

This is upsetting.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He's got a stupidly high amount of votes regardless from what I heard
Yeah but the fanbase has been pretty shaken or the votes would be much higher. The Ridley forum isn't easy to find so people who actively want to support Ridley will just not. It's just a shame one of the most active support threads and communities really has been kinda banished.

It's hard for a fanbase to come back together when they think they don't have a place to commute.

I know that trolls were a problem in those threads but I honestly believe a Ridley support thread would do more good than bad.

I really wish the mods would think about this.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can't believe people still think Ridley has a chance.

Do they honestly think that Sakurai's just going to remove Ridley from Pyrosphere? :(

Anyway this thing isn't a democratic vote. It's not 'Whoever has the most votes gets in as DLC' sort of deal.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I liked switching Pokémon so I loved that mechanic. Stamina on the other hand was annoying but I switched often during Brawl days.

Squirtle and Ivysaur plz. Separate or not. Both were fun characters.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Do they honestly think that Sakurai's just going to remove Ridley from Pyrosphere? :(

Anyway this thing isn't a democratic vote. It's not 'Whoever has the most votes gets in as DLC' sort of deal.
Well, I still doubt RIdley will get in, but he wouldn`t have to be cut from Pyrosphere for 2 reasons.

1) Just because you're one thing in Smash doesn't mean you can't be another. Sakurai nearly said that word for word in a Pic of the Day.

2) That isn't Ridley, it's his clone.

He's got a stupidly high amount of votes regardless from what I heard
it would still be higher. If I had taken count of the amount of people who said they wouldnt vote for Ridley because he was disconfirmed I would easily be over 100.

It would be nice to just keep him in the public mind but oh well.

also lol at the guy telling people they wasted their vote and to go play Brawl when voting for Geno. Gotta love the smash community.

"this poll will affect future titles"
j/s

Well, I still doubt RIdley will get in, but he wouldn`t have to be cut from Pyrosphere for 2 reasons.

1) Just because you're one thing in Smash doesn't mean you can't be another. Sakurai nearly said that word for word in a Pic of the Day.

2) That isn't Ridley, it's his clone.
1. meh. I dont see it after sakurai explicitely calling him too big

2. but he is basically the real one. see the trophy, meta ridley, and his stock icon

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Just say you vote for Ridley and is place turns into the Ridley Discussion Thread.

It's not hard. :troll:

Squirtle or Ivy would be better than Mewtwo IMO.
I loved to hate both movesets and I just miss them.

I love Toad for Smash, but I can't see a moveset for Captain Toad that's not throwing a bunch of things from his game together or the gems = weight gimmick

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I understand his chances are slim to none for this game but the point of the high vote count is to actively show how popular Ridley still is. It's Ridley fans chance to finally give Nintendo concrete numbers to show badly he is wanted. If the numbers are high then he might be considered for smash 5. Sadly Ridleys fanbase is at it's weakest due to all the dissapointment.

A Support thread could really help things out.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since PlayTonic games is starting their own Banjo for Smash campaign after they've shared Phil's tweet this day, I guess we could say that he's a shoo-in at this point.

Sorry Brash the Bear.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I understand his chances are slim to none for this game but the point of the high vote count is to actively show how popular Ridley still is. It's Ridley fans chance to finally give Nintendo concrete numbers to show badly he is wanted. If the numbers are high then he might be considered for smash 5. Sadly Ridleys fanbase is at it's weakest due to all the dissapointment.
Again, he got an insanely amount of votes and most people would rather vote on a character who can be DLC in Sakurai's eyes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just saw that. Damn it's a shame that the rules a killing support threads for characters who can be voted on the poll. It's pretty unfair IMO.

It's a great way to kill support for characters :/
It's because if you let that happen, everyone will go wild about the ballot. As in worse than it already is. Dev: SUPPORT OUR CHARACTER WHO ISN'T ON A NINTENDO SYSTEM FOR SMASH!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just saw that. Damn it's a shame that the rules a killing support threads for characters who can be voted on the poll. It's pretty unfair IMO.

It's a great way to kill the support/future for characters :/
Literally any character can be voted for, not having some sort of cutoff for support threads would be asking for trouble.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's because if you let that happen, everyone will go wild about the ballot. As in worse than it already is. Dev: SUPPORT OUR CHARACTER WHO ISN'T ON A NINTENDO SYSTEM FOR SMASH!
That's the thing though those threads always sink to the bottom because they are inactive so I don't see the problem.

Literally any character can be voted for, not having some sort of cutoff for support threads would be asking for trouble.
I mean don't allow things that could never happen like goku or shrek. I think common sense could be a tool for deciding which threads are good and which aren't.

It just seems very unfair to certain communities as it kills their growth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom