• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is is the one character I support who has more than 0% chance (red) is the only one not getting support in this.

it's obviously not fair and banjo is cheating. Red still has a higher chance than Banjo at least

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
why is is the one character I support who has more than 0% chance (red) is the only one not getting support in this.

it's obviously not fair and banjo is cheating. Red still has a higher chance than Banjo at least
No, we all know who the real shoo-in is and he had been a notable character since Donkey Kong Country 3.

Brash the Bear slams into the competition! :troll:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can't believe people still think Ridley has a chance.

Do they honestly think that Sakurai's just going to remove Ridley from Pyrosphere? :(
Just to play the advocate for a moment. Technically a version of Pyrosphere already exists without Ridley in All-Star Mode, so it really wouldn't be unprecedented per se.

Still, Ridley isn't happening.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
All these signature banners are annoying the crap out of me now. :/
I prefer if we just keep it with sig icons like N3ON's and Frostwraith's.
No offense, dude, but I don't think people are going to abandon their creative efforts to appease your personal preferences.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Regardless of what the stupid internet says, I have enough faith in Sakurai to not include Shovel Kight, Shantae, or Quote, beause Sakurai understaands that in order for a third party to be in Smash, they have to have a HUGE legacy in gaming, especially on Nintendo consoles. Sonic, MegaMan PacMan, these three are juggernaatus that every gamer recognizes. Quote, Shantae, and Shovel Knight are nowhere near that level. So wish all you want, because they'll NEVER be in Smash 4

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Regardless of what the stupid internet says, I have enough faith in Sakurai to no include Shovel Kight, Shantae, or Quote, beause Sakurai understaands that in order for a third party to be in Smash, they have to have a HUGE legacy in gaming, especially on Nintendo consoles. Sonic, MegaMan PacMan, these three are juggernaatus that every gamer recognizes. Quote, Shantae, and Shovel Knight are nowhere near that level. So wish all you want, because they'll NEVER be in Smash 4
Shantae is actually the ONLY(imho) indie character, deserving of a spot in Smash.

Honestly, she's been on Nintendo systems exclusively(or at least, most games) ever since the Gameboy, and has enough relevancy.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
....Wait, why are people calling Shantae an indie character, anyways? Shantae is a WayForward property; and WayForward isn't an indie developer, it's a company. So calling her an indie character is incorrect.

Plus Shantae has been around since the GBC, so it's not like the series is particularly young... :p

Last edited:

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
[quote="BluePikmin11, post: 18930612, member: 21719]
It's still anyones' game really.[/quote]
If so then I geuss we should hype up for Benjamin(If you don't know him he is a dog from Animal Crossing )

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
All this talk about closed down threads makes me wish the Takamaru thread was still active.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Sakurai has made his stance on 3rd parties clear.

Random one-game wonders like Shovel Knight stand no chance.
No, it's if that third-party has significance to Nintendo that makes them a likely canidate, not that they're not one-game wonders. That's why someone like Crash has little chance but someone like MegaMan is a likely canidate; MegaMan has more significance to Nintendo than Crash, so it makes sense to put one in the Nintendo all-stars fighter, but not the other.

If being one-game wonders mattered for Smash, then the Ice Climbers, Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas and Lucina are breaking that already. :p

D

Deleted member

Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing Daisy as a playable character in Smash Bros.:troll::

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31qi85/the_smash_bros_dlc_reddit_survey_help_visualise/

Click on the OP link to take it and find out the results.

Out of 15225 people who have taken the survey, here's the top 5:

1. Daisy 10.2% - 1546 votes (I **** you not, Christ do people have unimaginative **** taste!!)
2. K.Rool 9.7% - 1473 votes
3. Paper Mario 9.2% - 1401 votes (Holder would be happy, but it's not who'd I'd hoped to see in the top 3)
4. Isaac 5.9% - 905 votes
5. Banjo-Kazooie 5.9% - 900 votes

I'm omitting Other with 1188 votes for obvious reasons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This is the whole Smash Ballot situation in a nutshell. You can't deny it, it definitely reflects the fans and how they fight for which choices are truly deserving.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Outside of Wolf, do you guys see any other veterans appearing? Or do you think they won't include any more "clones"?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing Daisy as a playable character in Smash Bros.:troll::

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31qi85/the_smash_bros_dlc_reddit_survey_help_visualise/

Click on the OP link to take it and find out the results.

Out of 15225 people who have taken the survey, here's the top 5:

1. Daisy 10.2% - 1546 votes (I **** you not, Christ do people have unimaginative **** taste!!)
2. K.Rool 9.7% - 1473 votes
3. Paper Mario 9.2% - 1401 votes (Holder would be happy, but it's not who'd I'd hoped to see in the top 3)
4. Isaac 5.9% - 905 votes
5. Banjo-Kazooie 5.9% - 900 votes

I'm omitting Other with 1188 votes for obvious reasons.
I think you meant me, but why the heck at 3th?

I'm honestly not sure to trust this because usually, Paper Maroio is more a top 10 than top 5. Most polls tells thisw and worst case is like top 15.....yeah....

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Does anyone have a list of ballot of candidates that are currently in many lists right now. I'm currently doing two separate likeliness charts for third party and Nintendo characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Outside of Wolf, do you guys see any other veterans appearing? Or do you think they won't include any more "clones"?
I'm of the opinion that Wolf is the last veteran we'll see return. All the others are either old Melee clones (:pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:), have technical issues (:popo::pt:), or have Third Party difficulties (:snake:). Wolf has very significant demand and has little standing in his way, so I think he's the only veteran left that's truly likely. I'd expect newcomers based on the Ballot after him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's stuff like this that makes me wish they actually put some proper guidelines for this ballot.......
The problem is they said they "can't guarantee your suggestion." No guidelines, you can vote for any video game character, but they can't guarantee said character will make it.

With that in mind, we can safely assume that anyone who has absolutely no restrictions on being made playable are the more likely options; characters like K. Rool and Isaac who are merely an Assist Trophy in the game or less, and are owned by Nintendo. Others like Sami, Wonder Red, Inkling, etc., are also viable options.

But beyond that? We have no idea. I think they did it that way on purpose, though; they want to see who is viable and who people really want. Even if they have no intention of adding certain characters.

I completely disagree on those who say this isn't a popularity contest, though. Its called a "ballot" for a reason. YES, it IS a popularity contest. That's not the -ONLY- restriction, and they will review everything, so all votes count. But odds are, the ones with more votes are the ones more likely to be added. Of course it's also beneficial to have quality votes.

I'd say the odds are stacked against every non-Wolf veteran. Nintendo has to feel that Snake is viable and get through Konami (Konami doesn't appear to be an obstacle; which would mean that NINTENDO stopped Snake from getting in the game, perhaps because Konami didn't support Nintendo consoles with MGS, which is a huge thing against him). Ice Climbers are the other viable option, but they couldn't get them to work on 3DS. I'd say the odds are could IC's could come back for the next game, but as DLC its extremely slim.

Ivysaur isn't that popular overall, and Squirtle competes with Greninja for a water type. Plus there's already 6 Pokemon. Pichu was literally a joke character and everyone except Japan hates Pichu. Roy would give us a third Marth clone, and we already have a second Young Link.

Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers are the only viable options, but I'd say odds are good that only Wolf has a real chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom