• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing Daisy as a playable character in Smash Bros.:troll::

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31qi85/the_smash_bros_dlc_reddit_survey_help_visualise/

Click on the OP link to take it and find out the results.

Out of 15225 people who have taken the survey, here's the top 5:

1. Daisy 10.2% - 1546 votes (I **** you not, Christ do people have unimaginative **** taste!!)
2. K.Rool 9.7% - 1473 votes
3. Paper Mario 9.2% - 1401 votes (Holder would be happy, but it's not who'd I'd hoped to see in the top 3)
4. Isaac 5.9% - 905 votes
5. Banjo-Kazooie 5.9% - 900 votes

I'm omitting Other with 1188 votes for obvious reasons.
tell me where medusa, impa and bayonetta are and how many votes pls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think that semi-clones might be added as new characters if they garner enough support form the ballot. If Roy for example has a lot of votes, am sure that they'll add him but tweak his moveset to be more original. I don't think Young Link is really possible because of the Link costume for Mii. And Majora's Mask Link would need transformations, a gimmick removed this time. This is why I also think it's not bad to vote for Dixie Kong or Impa, despite people complaining about them being "clones". If they get enough votes, they'll likely won't be.

Ice Climbers and Snake are quite controversial characters at this point. I'd like them both to appear, just for the sake of it. But am not exactly expecting them. However, I just have a feeling Sakurai will try to get Ice Climbers out of stubborness. Like, it'd be a sort of acomplishment for him to get them back in. Or something.

Anyway, I really hope K.Rool, Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie will keep their support strong!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I have nothing against Daisy but this is clearly rigged somehow, when did she get a rise in popularity and how?
Don't think it;s rigged. Popularity for characters is different in different parts of the interwebs.

e.g, japan loves wolf & lucas as a whole, while on a more micro scale, there's like 20 supporters of Bayonetta in VGChartz. (plus 100+ according to a poll there, which have to come from guest users. And 1 IP address can only vote once. )

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't think it;s rigged. Popularity for characters is different in different parts of the interwebs.

e.g, japan loves wolf & lucas as a whole, while on a more micro scale, there's like 20 supporters of Bayonetta in VGChartz. (plus 100+ according to a poll there, which have to come from guest users. And 1 IP address can only vote once. )
Those vets were/are wanted worldwide

D

Deleted member

I still think that semi-clones might be added as new characters if they garner enough support form the ballot. If Roy for example has a lot of votes, am sure that they'll add him but tweak his moveset to be more original. I don't think Young Link is really possible because of the Link costume for Mii. And Majora's Mask Link would need transformations, a gimmick removed this time. This is why I also think it's not bad to vote for Dixie Kong or Impa, despite people complaining about them being "clones". If they get enough votes, they'll likely won't be.

Ice Climbers and Snake are quite controversial characters at this point. I'd like them both to appear, just for the sake of it. But am not exactly expecting them. However, I just have a feeling Sakurai will try to get Ice Climbers out of stubborness. Like, it'd be a sort of acomplishment for him to get them back in. Or something.

Anyway, I really hope K.Rool, Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie will keep their support strong!

Well, if we assume each retweet/favorite of Spencer's tweet is a vote for Banjo, then the Bear and Bird have a guaranteed 3000+ votes.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
No, it's if that third-party has significance to Nintendo that makes them a likely canidate, not that they're not one-game wonders. That's why someone like Crash has little chance but someone like MegaMan is a likely canidate; MegaMan has more significance to Nintendo than Crash, so it makes sense to put one in the Nintendo all-stars fighter, but not the other.
Sakurai has stated that third party characters are special cases and that he's "not going to have just any character participate from other companies". He described Mega Man as being in a league of his own.

"Significance to Nintendo" is not the only criteria. And are you saying that one-game wonders like Shovel Knight are as significant to Nintendo as the current trio?

If being one-game wonders mattered for Smash, then the Ice Climbers, Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas and Lucina are breaking that already. :p
Sigh. Do you not understand the difference between including Nintendo characters and including third party characters?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing Daisy as a playable character in Smash Bros.:troll::

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31qi85/the_smash_bros_dlc_reddit_survey_help_visualise/

Click on the OP link to take it and find out the results.

Out of 15225 people who have taken the survey, here's the top 5:

1. Daisy 10.2% - 1546 votes (I **** you not, Christ do people have unimaginative **** taste!!)
2. K.Rool 9.7% - 1473 votes
3. Paper Mario 9.2% - 1401 votes (Holder would be happy, but it's not who'd I'd hoped to see in the top 3)
4. Isaac 5.9% - 905 votes
5. Banjo-Kazooie 5.9% - 900 votes

I'm omitting Other with 1188 votes for obvious reasons.
I believe you can vote multiple times on that poll though. If nothing else it tells us who the most desperate fan bases are though.

I don't really trust it. You'd think some of the earlier polls would have more people voting than this poll since things are supposed to be calming down now.

Edit: I just tested it by voting for Isaac a few times, you don't even have to fill in the other details just keep selecting whoever you want and submit.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have nothing against Daisy but this is clearly rigged somehow, when did she get a rise in popularity and how?
I guess some Daisy fans are still a little pissed about Rosalina getting all the love and attention from Nintendo last year.....

Either that, or since Waluigi is down, they see it as their chance to strike.....

One or the other.... :T

Last edited:

NinjaCoachZ

Smash Rookie
If being one-game wonders mattered for Smash, then the Ice Climbers, Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas and Lucina are breaking that already. :p
Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas, and Lucina are all from franchises that have more than one game.

The Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt are the only true one-game wonders in the series and they were deliberately chosen because of their obscurity (and even then, Duck Hunt was still a million seller). Shulk is a borderline example because Xenoblade Chronicles X would have likely begun development simultaneously with Smash and was originally planned to be a 2014 release before getting delayed.

EDIT: I'm aware that Shulk isn't in X, but I brought it up to mention that there's more than one Xenoblade game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

do I need reddit account?
No, and reddit "accounts" are super easy to make anyway.

People make throwaways all the time.

And just what the hell is with this Daisy BS!?
The gates of hell have opened and we're living in a parallel reality I'm afraid...

Welcome to...

The Twilight Zone
[cue music]

I believe you can vote multiple times on that poll though.

I don't really trust it. You'd think some of the earlier polls would have more people voting than this poll since things are supposed to be calming down now.
I tried voting on the very first one, but it's down. That's the one that's been published all over the net too. It's been down since the day it was posted, and the results are inaccurate as ****.

Everywhere else just seems to get spammed by trolls it seems.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai has told many times that he won't pick just any character from a third-party company and so far, he's only picked characters that have a big impact in gaming history.

He has rambled on how it's difficult to got through the legal barriers and get the proper licensing as well, which furthers his point on how choosing third-party characters isn't an simple decision.

Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas, and Lucina are all from franchises that have more than one game.

The Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt are the only true one-game wonders in the series and they were deliberately chosen because of their obscurity (and even then, Duck Hunt was still a million seller). Shulk is a borderline example because Xenoblade Chronicles X would have likely begun development simultaneously with Smash and was originally planned to be a 2014 release before getting delayed.
Pretty much.

Characters like Ness, Lucas, Dark Pit, Lucina, Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers are still good choices for Smash, because they're Nintendo proprieties. They may have one game to their names, but they're still Nintendo characters, which is what Smash Bros. is primarily about.

Also, Shulk doesn't appear in Xenoblade Chronicles X, only in the first game (and its 3DS remaster). Just like Fire Emblem, EarthBound and several other JRPG series, Xenoblade has character casts and settings changing between titles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Banjo is MS 1st party. I see no possible way of Nintendo allowing that.
Microsoft has allowed it, and they are usually the stubborn ones when it comes to Rare characters.

I just feel that Banjo-Kazooie really should be the first character they should look at, considering how much the character and franchise has been missing from Nintendo. Snake is second due to veteran status. I think nobody else besides them should get in. Although, Conker would also be awesome. Can't deny that!

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, Daisy certainly has her fans.

And they really hate Rosalina.
There is a William Shatner GIF appropriate for this video that isn't suitable for these forums.

People who make things like this need to reassess what they're doing with their time, not worry about fictional characters.
http://inticreates.com/lets-get-gunvolt-in-super-smash-bros/

Inti Creates is making campaign for Gunvolt in Smash Bros Fighter Ballot.
Please, make this happen.
Yo, Inti Creates. If you really want to bug Sakurai about something, why not try and ask him why there is a serious lack of Megaman 9 & 10 music on Dr. Wily's Castle? (Man, I hope with all this Mega Man love we get more music...)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
What's more interesting in that poll, to me at least, is how Bayonetta is above highly requested characters such as......bandana dee, geno, dixie, chorus men, ridley, impa,inkling, RAYMAN or vaati.

Though, I can't complain.... though maybe I would if Medusa was included in the poll and below Bayo.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What about Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, and Simon Belmont?
Still second-tier. Except in the case of Banjo-Kazooie, he was highly requested at one point in time. Too bad that whole Rare situation ended the way it did.

D

Deleted member

Because Nintendo still needs to agree to it.

There's no guarantee whatsoever that's going to happen, regardless of what Microsoft says.
That's a given. I'm not saying it WILL happen.

But the definitive opposite also sounds wrong to me. I'd like to hear the reasoning. What are valid reasons that Nintendo would not agree to it. I'm not saying there aren't but I'm implying that perhaps people are weighing them more heavily than they should.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It doesn't matter if everyone vote for Daisy....

If Sakurai doesn't like he character, he won't add her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since we got way more than expected when Mewtwo was revealed, do you think there might be more characters than just Wolf revealed at E3? I think Ice Climbers could also be revealed, or a surprise character as Dixie Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom