• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there or wasn't there data found on the disc for Sm4sh WiiU that contained a cheer for Ice Climbers, as well as a series logo for Icies, Dr. Mario, and Rhythm Heaven? I'm not saying "OH THERE'S PROOF CHORUS KIDS WERE WORKED ON. GEMATSU 4 LYFE," but I want to have accurate information on our equivilent of the Forbidden 7.
Icies didn't have an emblem and their chant was the 3DS version iirc, Dr. Mario was a stage
I'm trying to recall a picture that showed Luma, Pikmin, and the Duck in comparison to Nana.

Nana is her own character basically, but those three are just weapons with eyes.

How would three individual characters that are clearly not weapons with eyes work any other way than the IC way?
I pictured Chorus kids as 3 characters in one, it's one wide hitbox, one gets hit, so do the rest

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there or wasn't there data found on the disc for Sm4sh WiiU that contained a cheer for Ice Climbers, as well as a series logo for Icies, Dr. Mario, and Rhythm Heaven? I'm not saying "OH THERE'S PROOF CHORUS KIDS WERE WORKED ON. GEMATSU 4 LYFE," but I want to have accurate information on our equivilent of the Forbidden 7.
Ice Climbers didn't have a logo, but yes, Rhythm Heaven did with all the other playable series.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979688

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 45744

brb casting a million votes for Banjo

And you should all too. If there's a character that unanimously deserves to be in Smash, and is well overdue as well as iconic to Nintendo, AND would be incredibly awesome... it's Banjo and Kazooie.
Ees true.

GO VOTE FOR BANJO

No, I told YOU. Donkey Kong 64 was just the beginning... ;)
Oh please, you said that after, and only clearly because of my unyielding optimism! :troll:

Though Nintendo did make a new re-licensing of Rare-related properties...

oh gawd if it happened... I couldn't even... I'd... oh gawd... no words... *mumbles* *falls over*

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Icies did indeed have a chant and there was data leftover for a possible Dr.Mario stage, and there was indeed a RH series icon found.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Icies didn't have an emblem and their chant was the 3DS version iirc, Dr. Mario was a stage

I pictured Chorus kids as 3 characters in one, it's one wide hitbox, one gets hit, so do the rest
Ice Climbers didn't have a logo, but yes, Rhythm Heaven did with all the other playable series.
Thank you. My memory isn't the best. Of course, as much as one could argue a Rhythm Heaven Logo COULD mean a fighter was in the works but cut due to time or technical issues (as much as I'm for a representative), it could have just been for a stage like Elektroplankton in Brawl.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh please, you said that after, and only clearly because of my unyielding optimism! :troll:

Though Nintendo clearly did make a new re-licensing of Rare-related properties...

oh gawd if it happened... I couldn't even... I'd... oh gawd... no words... *mumbles* *falls over*
*shrug*

I've actually never played either Banjo-Kazooie game, so my opinions on the both of them are neutral.

I'm telling ya'll, it's going to happen.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wait.

M$, a direct competitor to Nintendo, just out and says "yeah, Banjo can be in the game."

Suddenly everyone thinks Banjo actually has a shot.

Yet there's oh so many issues keeping Snake out of the game, when he was already in Brawl.

What.

D

Deleted member

Banjo would just be a clone of Duck Hunt.

I regret nothing.

Ees true.

GO VOTE FOR BANJO

Though Nintendo did make a new re-licensing of Rare-related properties...

Already did, but I already cast 5 votes yesterday, so who knows what's valid or what isn't anymore. I don't even know how they're doing this whole deal.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT GEMATSU AND THE CHORUS KIDS?

****ING BANJO DAMMIT!! GO VOTE!!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That work was done by @PushDustIn here on Smashboards. You could have linked to the Smashboards post that was used as a source for that Neogaf post, but you just linked to gaf. Fun!
The source (And smashboards post) was there, what's the problem?
I'm not taking any credits for it. Was faster for me to just link to the thread since it's what I had opened first.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wait.

M$, a direct competitor to Nintendo, just out and says "yeah, Banjo can be in the game."

Yet there's oh so many issues keeping Snake out of the game, when he was already in Brawl.

What.
I don't think the people that were dead set against Snake are, for the most part, the people that are rallying for Banjo.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I'd rather support a unique character trio than another duo that will wind up a clone of Duck Hunt. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd rather support a unique character trio than another duo that will wind up a clone of Duck Hunt. :troll:
But we can have B&K AND Duck Hunt, they'd be too similar, do you think?
I know Star is just trolling, but... are some of you people for real..?

B-K has been a dream pick for me since I was a wee lil' shaver, and NOW we've got a chance to make it happen. First ever rival company character to be in Smash, that's HUGE!!

(actually what are they, they aren't 3rd party. Isn't Rare a 2nd party division of M$?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The source (And smashboards post) was there, what's the problem?
I'm not taking any credits for it. Was faster for me to just link to the thread since it's what I had opened first.
I'm just being a jerk.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't think the people that were dead set against Snake are, for the most part, the people that are rallying for Banjo.
Almost everyone and their mother was against Snake because he was the "Sony" guy.

Well, maybe not "against," but people still constantly say he has no chance because of Konami.

Really though, this just proves more than ever that anyone who says Snake has no chance can go eat it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Already did, but I already cast 5 votes yesterday, so who knows what's valid or what isn't anymore. I don't even know how they're doing this whole deal.
He'd probably need a lot of votes to actually be taken seriously by Ninty. :/

I mean he's probably already got a fair amount of votes... but he'd need... like a lot a lot.

Are you doing yours from different computers?

Kids nowadays growing up with their wiimotes and their nunchucks instead of their banjos and their kazooies. v_v

But we can have B&K AND Duck Hunt, they'd be too similar, do you think?
#2MANYAVIANWIELDERS

There might be a similar A move here or there, but no, they wouldn't play the same. Especially with the specials.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

B-K has been a dream pick for me since I was a wee lil' shaver, and NOW we've got a chance to make it happen. First ever rival company character to be in Smash, that's HUGE!!

(actually what are they, they aren't 3rd party. Isn't Rare a 2nd party division of M$?)
No.
Of course not.

If this comes true I can main a Bear and a Duck.
At the same time!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
what factors will characters be decided? most votes?,relevance? I honestly think that the ballot will become cluttered with goku and shrek soon and soon Sakurai might unfortunately give in, it's not likely but he might be overwhelmed with requests and just put them in, and fortunately that has a .0001 chance of happening, but slightly more likelier is he'll close the ballot

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?

You know what yeah. It doesn't matter what moveset he'd have. Having him playable would breath life into his franchise once again
Dr. Mario is in the game, no?
yeah, what was I thinking?

D

Deleted member

Almost everyone and their mother was against Snake because he was the "Sony" guy.

Well, maybe not "against," but people still constantly say he has no chance because of Konami.

Really though, this just proves more than ever that anyone who says Snake has no chance can go eat it.
Dude, I was the guy agreeing with you yesterday on Snake. I want him in, but dude...

****ING BANJO!!

He'd probably need a lot of votes to actually be taken seriously by Ninty. :/

I mean he's probably already got a fair amount of votes... but he'd need... like a lot a lot.

Are you doing yours from different computers?
Nah, same computer. I'm on holiday atm, so I don't have access to my work computers. I'll cast another vote for B-K on my phone though, haven't done that.

Honest, if you get some public support from say reddit or 4chan you can get it going. Maybe miiverse... *shrugs*

There might be a similar A move here or there, but no, they wouldn't play the same. Especially with the specials.
Nah, there's plenty to work with. The source material already has plenty of moves. Speaking of, I never finished making that moveset... >_>

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I can see Chorus Kids becoming DLC, but it wouldn't be because of this poll if they did. It would also require that whatever issues seemingly kept them out of the main game were resolved, which could or could not happen.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Microsoft fully owns them, so they're probably a first party division if I were to guess.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

Exactly, and the double standard against him is proven by that since banjo seems to be getting a free pass in that regard, where us as snake fans still get lambasted about snake having issues in their minds which would also go for him morso if there was any credence to it. No obstacles for him apparently since hes treated differently by nintendo fans....*sigh*

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wait.

What.
Yeah, it's pretty stupid.
I personally think Banjo still has 0% chances.
I hope Snake is back.

D

Deleted member

Exactly, and the double standard against him is proven by that since banjo seems to be getting a free pass in that regard, where us as snake fans still get lambasted about snake having issues in there mind which would also go for him morso if there was any credence to it. No obstacles for him apparently since hes treated differently by nintendo fans....*sigh*
The problem is most Nintendo fans have never played a MGS game.

Same goes for Shin Megami Tensei.

People yesterday were going on about how the crossover was more SMT than FE when in fact it had practically NO resemblance to SMT whatsoever. SMTxFE looks like weeaboo garbage cause it's pandering to weebs, SMT is quite honestly the OPPOSITE of weeb-****. *sigh* buncha casuals... >_>

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

My issues with Snake had nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with Konami. I still also always believed he had a chance, just not a great one.

The difference between the two situations is fairly self evident. All things considered equal (taking vet status out of the equation in particular) Banjo has a stronger fan base among Nintendo fans (I would personally take Snake over him any day of the week, but I am in the minority) and was thought to have no chance. Now he, a character many still think of as a Nintendo icon, has at least SOME chance. Hope is a powerful thing. People are going to hold onto that hope until the very end.

Snake still has a better chance than Banjo barring some monumental support and a complicated PR agreement between Microsoft and Nintendo (seriously, why would Nintendo agree to this unless MS included a Samus skin in the next Halo or something? Even then, a stunt like that would benefit MS more than Nintendo.) That being said, I still doubt Snake's inclusion as DLC at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Unless you can prove that the same people that were claiming there are issues with Snake over Sony are the ones that are getting hyped over Microsoft's statement on Banjo, you are whining for the sake of whining.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can see Chorus Kids becoming DLC, but it wouldn't be because of this poll if they did. It would also require that whatever issues seemingly kept them out of the main game were resolved, which could or could not happen.
Considering Bowser Jr. almost missed the base game due to technical challenges, I could see someone like the Chorus Men rolling over into post-production.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The HELL?

Then why was Banjo replaced in the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing?
Licensing costs Nintendo didn't wanna spend? *shrugs*

Nah, same computer. I'm on holiday atm, so I don't have access to my work computers. I'll cast another vote for B-K on my phone though, haven't done that.
I dunno if voting multiple times with the same IP will work tho...

Honest, if you get some public support from say reddit or 4chan you can get it going. Maybe miiverse... *shrugs*
I don't think I have it in me to run two campaigns. >_>

Considering Bowser Jr. almost missed the base game due to technical challenges, I could see someone like the Chorus Men rolling over into post-production.
It was due to technical challenges?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My issues with Snake had nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with Konami. I still also always believed he had a chance, just not a great one.
Konami has retweeted a few people who mentioned Snake for the Smash ballot, so they aren't against it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
what factors will characters be decided? most votes?,relevance? I honestly think that the ballot will become cluttered with goku and shrek soon and soon Sakurai might unfortunately give in, it's not likely but he might be overwhelmed with requests and just put them in, and fortunately that has a .0001 chance of happening, but slightly more likelier is he'll close the ballot
Oh for ****s sake. If Sakurai can't be convinced to make a Bowsers Castle stage, what makes you think a ballot that specifically says Nintendo characters would change his mind?

D

Deleted member

Licensing costs Nintendo didn't wanna spend? *shrugs*
....but.....Rare was the developer of the remake and the game features characters not owned by Nintendo (everybody that wasn't a Kong or Kremling).....

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Oh for ****s sake. If Sakurai can't be convinced to make a Bowsers Castle stage, what makes you think a ballot that specifically says Nintendo characters would change his mind?
I wish they had a stage DLC ballot. I would almost like that better than the character DLC ballot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Suggestions like Goku and Shrek are just going to get discarded... it won't really be a problem. Sakurai called requests like that "ridiculous" only a little while ago, he's not suddenly going to give in to them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It was due to technical challenges?
Something about the development team struggling to implement him. Probably how they're one character and able to split when using his recovery. Of course the individualized Koopa Kids probably didn't help any.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
....but.....Rare was the developer of the remake and the game features characters not owned by Nintendo (everybody that wasn't a Kong or Kremling).....
I imagine Banjo and Conker would still be a fair amount more to use than the rest of the borrowed assets.

But I mean I'd still be guessing. All I know now is... Microsoft would be fine with Banjo in Smash. Apparently.

People need to report on this. THIS NEEDS TO BECOME KNOWN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom