• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Like casting barriers, doing magical orb attacks, swing a huge blade around with extreme agility like it's nothing, use a fire-infused naginata?
Hyrule Warriors doesn't really count. That game's interpretation of Impa is vastly different from her canon version, who, like I said, does next to nothing in terms of actual combat. The most unique I could see her being is a Sheik clone with Zelda-esc. special moves.
And if Hyrule Warriors does count, Lana would be more unique and represent the game better.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Like casting barriers, doing magical orb attacks, swing a huge blade around with extreme agility like it's nothing, use a fire-infused naginata?
Most of these come from Hyrule Warriors I guess? In other words, they are not from the main series as HW was created with the idea of it being a non-canon spin-off in mind. For this reason I hardly imagine any character having their Smash moveset based primarily on this game. Could I see some references to HW in a character's moveset? Sure. Could I see a character having their HW moveset as a basis for Smash? Mayyybe, but I doubt it...

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hyrule Warriors doesn't really count. That game's interpretation of Impa is vastly different from her canon version, who, like I said, does next to nothing in terms of actual combat. The most unique I could see her being is a Sheik clone with Zelda-esc. special moves.
And if Hyrule Warriors does count, Lana would be more unique and represent the game better.
So exactly how opposed would you be if Ganondorf fought like this in Smash?

I don´t care if Hyrule Warriors is not ´canon´. It´s a Zelda fighting game with a lot of fanservice. It´s ideal for Smash Bros., and a much better base to create character´s movesets on than the regular Zelda games. Which so far gave us: Link, 2 clone variations of Link, Zelda who fights with Link´s spells from Ocarina of Time and a random Phantom Knight (props for the Light Arrow however), Sheik with a totally made up moveset outside of Up B, and a clonish Captain Ganondorf.

If they´d use Hyrule Warriors as a base alone for :4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf: they´d be far more unique characters. But if you prefer `canon´ over this all, have it your way. :rolleyes:

I think Impa has all the right merrits to get into Smash, and if Hyrule Warriors is the best base for her, they should use it. Unless she also appears in Zelda Wii U- which I think is likely.

And it´s not like SS Impa hasn´t anything to be based on either. She´ll likely be more inspired than all other Zelda characters outside of :4link:.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know what? You're right. The Zelda characters in Smash are somewhat boring and lackluster.
But I find the idea of Impa to be equally boring, which is why I don't understand the support behind her.
If they're going to use a Hyrule Warriors character, it should not be Impa. We already have someone with a big sword, his name is Ike.
Detonating and jumping between magic barriers and rolling along a giant cube crushing everything in my path has much more appeal to me, which is why Lana is the superior Hyrule Warriors representative.

But overall, comparing Impa's potential to the other choices, like Ganon, is like comparing Chrom to Robin in my opinion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Impa could still serve as a mixture between the styles of :4zelda: and :4sheik:. With them being separate, this gives Impa that extra niche to appeal to older fans of the Down B Transformation playstyle.

And since :4sheik:'s only appearance in the series is in Ocarina of Time and Hyrule Warriors, I think she has the right to be created after her HW incaration. If she plays like her HW self in the next Smash, it gives away her moveset and playstyle for Impa, or at least gives him a base to create Impa with (seeing as Sheik's moves are all made up in Smash anyway).

Lana might be superiour in creativity, but she's very unlikely to appear again in the series. Impa is easily the character most people feel is 'next in line' to become playable.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, Impa could still serve as a mixture between the styles of :4zelda: and :4sheik:. With them being separate, this gives Impa that extra niche to appeal to older fans of the Down B Transformation playstyle.

And since :4sheik:'s only appearance in the series is in Ocarina of Time and Hyrule Warriors, I think she has the right to be created after her HW incaration. If she plays like her HW self in the next Smash, it gives away her moveset and playstyle for Impa, or at least gives him a base to create Impa with (seeing as Sheik's moves are all made up in Smash anyway).

Lana might be superiour in creativity, but she's very unlikely to appear again in the series. Impa is easily the character most people feel is 'next in line' to become playable.
This is a huge portion of why I don't see the appeal.
I would much rather have a unique character that's also a huge surprise.
We haven't gotten a real "new" Zelda character since Melee; the last thing I want to see is the next newcomer being a hybrid of two characters we already have.
Plus, it's not like other choices don't have a "niche" too. Ganon appeals to old-school Zelda fans and to people who want a unique moveset for the Ganon we already have.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I concur with Diddy on this 'un. Hyrule Warriors shows just how the familiar faces of the Zelda mythos can be brought into their own, and it shouldn't be disregarded because it's a non-canon spin-off.

Hell, Doc is from a spin-off game and R.O.B. is a plastic toy, it'd be silly to write off perfectly original and creative movesets just because the game isn't created by Aonuma and co. Even Aonuma is deeply impressed by the game, so it's really just a matter of whether Sakurai himself is interested in it, too.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What the blazes does this mean?
It means that the enemies are together like the Ice Climbers. All three enemies must be KO'd for them to lose a stock. Each enemy will have their own special move, which is rendered unusable once the enemy is KO'd. The diagonal special consists of each enemy remaining using their move. The down special is summoning a miniboss that gives the Copy Ability, and the FS is summoning a boss that uses an attack that gives the Copy Ability.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am not writing off Hyrule Warriors. I love Hyrule Warriors and I would love to see it get representation in Smash.
But that's not what I'm talking about. Hyrule Warriors or not, I don't see the appeal of Impa. At all.
The fact she has such a huge following is saddening to me, as it seriously reminds me of when Chrom was a thing.

Plus, it's also really contradictory. Before Sheik was revealed, everyone was completely okay with Impa replacing her, as her moves were "essentially the same" and she wasn't that prominent but still more prominent than Sheik. But now, suddenly she is simply too important to be relegated to a clone.

Everyone knows what I want - but I would take what I'm not really interested in - Skull Kid, Ganon, Vaati, even Tetra - as a character before a "unique" Impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is a huge portion of why I don't see the appeal.
I would much rather have a unique character that's also a huge surprise.
We haven't gotten a real "new" Zelda character since Melee; the last thing I want to see is the next newcomer being a hybrid of two characters we already have.
Plus, it's not like other choices don't have a "niche" too. Ganon appeals to old-school Zelda fans and to people who want a unique moveset for the Ganon we already have.
Ganon is easily the most awesome potential Zelda character. Won't disagree with that. However, I think that Sakurai won't bother with him due to his size, Ganondorf actually being humanoid Ganon and having a humanoid yet "beastly" fighting style and Ganon being of course Ganondorf's Final Smash.

In fact, in an ideal world I'd replace the uninspired :4sheik: and :4ganondorf: for Impa and Beast Ganon in a heartbeat. But am just trying to work around them not being a complete eye-sore and having to replace them. Cause frankly, I like their Hyrule Warriors incarations. And :4sheik: fighting with elements, chanting songs and her Harp is just everything she actually did in Ocarina of Time, not so much throwing Needles, Grenades and having a whip out of nowhere.

The Zelda roster has become incredibly stale since Brawl, and that's why I was so very adamant on having :4sheik: replaced with Impa in the first place. It was in order to create a highly neccesarry change in the roster. And seeing on how many times people suggest replacing Sheik with Impa and it being received as a good idea post-release, am still sort of let down that it didn't actually went through in the end.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I am not writing off Hyrule Warriors. I love Hyrule Warriors and I would love to see it get representation in Smash.
But that's not what I'm talking about. Hyrule Warriors or not, I don't see the appeal of Impa. At all.
The fact she has such a huge following is saddening to me, as it seriously reminds me of when Chrom was a thing.

Plus, it's also really contradictory. Before Sheik was revealed, everyone was completely okay with Impa replacing her, as her moves were "essentially the same" and she wasn't that prominent but still more prominent than Sheik. But now, suddenly she is simply too important to be relegated to a clone.

Everyone knows what I want - but I would take what I'm not really interested in - Skull Kid, Ganon, Vaati, even Tetra - as a character before a "unique" Impa.
Oh, I wasn't speaking to you directly. I'm just pointing out, in general, that it's silly to write it off for simple and negligible reasons.

I get your reluctance to find interest in Impa. Honestly, while I think she does have enough potential to be her own character, I would happily see her replace Sheik or be an alt of Sheik. I just think she needs to be in there somewhere. She's a pretty important part of the Zelda mythos and, quite bluntly, if Sheik became an alt of Impa in future Smash rosters, I would be okay with that.

Ganon is easily the most awesome potential Zelda character. Won't disagree with that. However, I think that Sakurai won't bother with him due to his size, Ganondorf actually being humanoid Ganon and having a humanoid yet "beastly" fighting style and Ganon being of course Ganondorf's Final Smash.

In fact, in an ideal world I'd replace the uninspired :4sheik: and :4ganondorf: for Impa and Beast Ganon in a heartbeat. But am just trying to work around them not being a complete eye-sore and having to replace them. Cause frankly, I like their Hyrule Warriors incarations. And :4sheik: fighting with elements, chanting songs and her Harp is just everything she actually did in Ocarina of Time, not so much throwing Needles, Grenades and having a whip out of nowhere.

The Zelda roster has become incredibly stale since Brawl, and that's why I was so very adamant on having :4sheik: replaced with Impa in the first place. It was in order to create a highly neccesarry change in the roster. And seeing on how many times people suggest replacing Sheik with Impa and it being received as a good idea post-release, am still sort of let down that it didn't actually went through in the end.
I'd love to see a bit if a reshuffle in the Zelda cast. There's plenty of potential there if Sakurai is willing to dip his toe in the deep end and take the plunge. :3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Of course, but I wasn't factoring likelihood. I never do.
I absolutely agree with this as well. But one thing you have to consider is that Sakurai has learned a lot in the way he makes his characters; I have no doubt that, if Sheik was a newcomer in Smash 4 for whatever reason, her moveset would not only be a lot different but also reflect her character way better.
Due to the very generic nature of Sheik's actual moveset, in my opinion, it actually fits Impa way better than her. The fact that Impa did not replace Sheik does not change that, which is I don't think giving Impa a random, oversized samurai sword is a reasonable solution. As it stands, Impa being a Sheik semi-clone with a barrier attack is fine. Not my thing, but not a bad choice.

In short, Impa with the "I just came straight out of Final Fantasy" sword isn't a Zelda rep, it's a Hyrule Warriors rep, and Lana is the superior Hyrule Warriors rep. And the canon Impa doesn't have enough for a completely unique moveset that doesn't end up ripping off either Sheik or Zelda in some way, and we already have enough Sheik ripoffs for one game.

For Smash 5, however, I am in full favour of replacing Sheik with Impa and Ganondorf being overhauled.

EDIT: And technically, nobody really answered my question.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I dunno buddy.

Lana's pretty freaking anime honestly. She cosplays, she dances, winks and poses like a J-pop idol, has bright blue hair, and she's got that whole genki girl personality. If anyone in Hyrule Warriors embodied anime it would be her.
I can't believe a comment that was said tongue in cheek has caused such ruckus. Whoops-a-daisy. I'm aware it's not an adjective, I wasn't going to bring it up but I got quoted twice on it already.

Am I the only person here now that does not see the appeal of Impa at all?
Was this the original question, Kenith?

If so; possibly.

Hyrule Warriors has done wonders for Impa's appeal. Being a reoccurring character within the Zelda series it's nice to finally see that Zelda's bodyguard/guardian who has been said to take down monsters in Ocarina of Time can actually fight, and successfully so.

Whilst I agree the prospect of another sword user isn't overall appealing, what she does with the water magic whilst using that sword is pretty entertaining; she can rain water blades down on her opponents, form giant water orbs that trap opponents and explode, and bring forth dozens of water replica blades, unleashing a flurry of powerful water cuts. It just looks cool, and for many, including myself, that's enough.

Personally I'm leaning more towards her Naginata moveset; fire spears, giant sheikah blades, launching fire dragons and making the ground explode like it's a volcano.

Lana...may not be the best choice overall for a Zelda character, at least in my personal opinion.
Whilst fine for a specifically Hyrule Warriors character; she was a very divisive character with many commenting that her J-pop dance routines 'didn't fit' into the Zelda medieval style universe, annoyed that she had more weapons than anyone but Link(and now Zelda thanks to the TP DLC) and that she 'stole Saria's Deku Stick weapon'. Whilst I can't say I agree with this, Lana is very much marmite; you either love her or hate her.

Regarding Sheik; Hyrule Warriors reminds me why I dislike Smash Sheik. Where the ***** is the harp? You know the one thing she did in Ocarina of Time? How comes her moveset in Smash completely lacks some sort of harp attack? Missed chance IMO.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What question is that?
Incidentally, my brother and I wrote up an Impa moveset that we're pretty proud of and which I'll happily share.
The question that started this whole thing.
Was sparked this was seeing BluePikmin's SSF2 polls (current) results.
There are a large amount of Zelda characters in that poll, but Impa beats them all except for Skull Kid. I don't get it.
She could be unique, but in the same way Chrom could be unique.
Whereas for the other options, and yes, I will suggest Ghirahim this time since he's not an AT in SSF2, it just comes naturally.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
All the discussion about Impa I missed D:
There are a large amount of Zelda characters in that poll, but Impa beats them all except for Skull Kid. I don't get it.
Well the timing of the poll explains it, with MM3D due to be released soon it does makes sense for Skull Kid to rank higher than Impa.
She has a lot of material for a moveset, however the only likely situation is her being a Sheik clone :/

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Whereas for the other options, and yes, I will suggest Ghirahim this time since he's not an AT in SSF2, it just comes naturally.
Oh, well, honestly, if we're going purely by uniqueness and importance to the series, I'd say Tingle would be my personal choice.

I can understand why Impa would beat the others, if only because of pedigree. If Ghirahim or Midna had appeared, or continue to appear, in future games, I'd say they'd easily be fine choices.

I gotta say, this is a question of popularity versus reality. In terms of popularity, it would make sense for the likes of Skull Kid to be at the top of the list, and for Ghirahim, Midna, et al to be high up in terms of popularity. In terms of reality, i.e. who's most likely to appear in the roster, Impa seems to be the top pick, if only because reality tends to overlap with popularity a lot. Looking at @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior 's poll for a moment, there's a reason why the likes of Ridley isn't as high as he may otherwise be and why Wolf is in a tier of his own.

Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of a Sakurai-designed Smash game. The rules of the game differ wildly depending on whether we're referring to the official Smash roster or one based purely on fan demand.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If you haven't voted on my poll, please do so. I only need around 50 more votes to get to 500+ votes, in which at that point I will post the first set of results.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Most of these come from Hyrule Warriors I guess? In other words, they are not from the main series as HW was created with the idea of it being a non-canon spin-off in mind. For this reason I hardly imagine any character having their Smash moveset based primarily on this game. Could I see some references to HW in a character's moveset? Sure. Could I see a character having their HW moveset as a basis for Smash? Mayyybe, but I doubt it...

Edit: :4greninja:'d
The Pokemon representation is extremely influenced by the anime, which is am entirely different canon.
Canon means nothing; source prestige and acclaim, on the other hand...

I actually think, given who HAS appeare as a clone, and including Lucas and Wolf in this division, Sheik would NEED to be a clone of Impa to get into the game; her not being a clone of Sheik would destroy the vocabulary already established in Smash in regard to who should be a clone/what a clone is.
This is why I do want her to be the alt, and in the future, an alt that is the main selection choice in the CSS.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
And now for something completely different.

Spazzy's Top 10 Possible Konami reps! (Only One Character Per Franchise.)

10.) Konami Man (General Mascot/Wai Wai World)

9.) Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)

8.) Bonk (Bonk's Adventure)

7.) Bill Rizer (Contra)

6.) Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)

5.) Master Higgins (Adventure Island)

4.) Frogger (Frogger)

3.) Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

2.) White Bomberman (Bomberman)

1.) Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Honorable mentions go to character from Gradius, Salamander/Life Force, and Suikoden. Also, I originally had Pyramid Head from Silent Hill as number 10....but if ever there was a character that was inappropriate for Smash, it's him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Of course, but I wasn't factoring likelihood. I never do.

I absolutely agree with this as well. But one thing you have to consider is that Sakurai has learned a lot in the way he makes his characters; I have no doubt that, if Sheik was a newcomer in Smash 4 for whatever reason, her moveset would not only be a lot different but also reflect her character way better.
Due to the very generic nature of Sheik's actual moveset, in my opinion, it actually fits Impa way better than her. The fact that Impa did not replace Sheik does not change that, which is I don't think giving Impa a random, oversized samurai sword is a reasonable solution. As it stands, Impa being a Sheik semi-clone with a barrier attack is fine. Not my thing, but not a bad choice.

In short, Impa with the "I just came straight out of Final Fantasy" sword isn't a Zelda rep, it's a Hyrule Warriors rep, and Lana is the superior Hyrule Warriors rep. And the canon Impa doesn't have enough for a completely unique moveset that doesn't end up ripping off either Sheik or Zelda in some way, and we already have enough Sheik ripoffs for one game.

For Smash 5, however, I am in full favour of replacing Sheik with Impa and Ganondorf being overhauled.

EDIT: And technically, nobody really answered my question.
Am kind of personally thinking you are looking into it too deep. I personally just think Impa is suited to be made playable, and I don't care which source she takes it from; be it Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors. For me, it's not that much of a difference, cause I like the character regardless.

If you are looking into Impa as more of a 'Zelda rep must rep Zelda hardcore' thing, she might not be 100% your taste. That stuff belongs to Ganon, who I am also hungering for with the lackluster yetactuallyquitefuninhisownmerrit representation of Ganondorf which we gotten three times now :ganondorfmelee::ganondorf::4ganondorf:.

Problem is with the Zelda cast however, not one character can really represent the overall series that well. :4link: is the best representation of the Zelda franchise ever: Master Sword, bow & arrows, boomerang, bombs. All appearing as Link's weaponary in multiple parts of the series.

Take Zelda herself for example. :4zelda:: Twilight Princess looks (despite it not being the most recent appearance), Specials constisting of spells Link used.. in Ocarina of Time alone, can summon a Phantom Knight out random, attacks with generic made up magical attacks otherwise. Most important factor in her moveset is her Final Smash, the Light Arrows. She used them twice in combat against Ganon, and they are re-occuring weapons in Zelda. Also, she used to transform into Sheik. But that thing was only really cute in Melee, where it made sence :rolleyes:

:4tlink: reps his "subseries" artstyle more if anything.

:4ganondorf: & :4sheik:; the contrast between these characters is amazing. On one side, we have the Great King of Evil who got in due to his similar build to Captain Falcon, and outside of a little few changes, as the Sparta Kick, more slowliness, a ruthless sword taunt, and purple flame stuff we saw in a OOT cutscene still fights mostly as him. And on the otherhand we have Sheik, who was once the alterego of Zelda, got a whole ninja moveset cause creating ninja movesets is TOTALLY Sakurai's thing; :4greninja:. And has been shoe-horned in every Smash game cause "Smash Importance" is a thing apperantly, and Zelda's Transformation gimmick was sooo important, it wouldn't ever make sence for them to split :sheilda: up. :rolleyes: Now, the split up of :4zelda: and :4sheik: makes :4sheik: looks like the "Zelda newcomer" of this time. Guess who's unlockable though? Yes, a taller version of :ganondorf: with the actual damn wound of his wound, making his taunt more believable.

What a terrible mess. :facepalm:

Since I cannot fix what has been done, all am hoping for now is Impa as a :4sheik: semi-clone, and maybe if we are "lucky" we can get Toon Zelda as a straight up :4zelda: clone as well. Which would still be a 1.000.000 times cooler than :4darkpit: and :4drmario:.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The thing is, Impa is a recurring major Legend of Zelda character. Lana is not, she's a one-off from a spinoff game who likely won't ever see the light of day in the main series. Impa could potentially get a few nods from Hyrule Warriors, but overall she'd be representing herself.

That said, I do agree for the most part. Impa fits Sheik's Smash fighting style way better. They can give her barriers as one of her special attacks as well (based on Skyward Sword), but overall, she'd be far better as a replacement for Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thing is, I now kinda like Sheik because of Hyrule Warriors. So if she returns, she better be fighting with her Harp, as least for the Specials. However, Smash attacks also probably could work. I honestly doubt she would make another appearance in any other game than Hyrule Warriors, and if there's Sheikah in a game, it has got to have Impa. I stated this before, but in order for Sheik to make an appearance, Sheikahs must be noted somehow, and it will likely result in Impa's pressence.

I stated that I like Sheik now, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't throw her out in a second for Impa. Cause I would. It's the way of the Hoo Hah. :4diddy:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly don't really see the need for Sheik to appear in future Zelda games. They haven't needed Sheik, and they still haven't bothered making Zelda take on the Sheik persona again probably because they have to come up with some contrived excuse to make her do so. We'd be more likely seeing major characters from other games start making more appearances than Sheik making a comeback, honestly. Impa would represent the Zelda series far better than Sheik.

Regardless, I still don't see Sheik getting cut from Smash because Sheik's been playable in three Smash games already. The best I can see is Impa being upgraded to the "default" character but with Sheik remaining as a reskin.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sheik won't be cut from Smash, nor will be replaced by Impa.

Sheik is Zelda. Sheik has a unique moveset. The Zelda series has a future (obviously, since it's one of Nintendo's biggest). Those are sufficient reasons for her to stay.

Sakurai won't cut characters just because of some stupid criteria people make up such as "muh relevancy" or "muh recency". When he says "each and every character has fans" and avoids changing the veterans too much (besides a few moves per iteration), you know Sheik won't be replaced by Impa just because.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Isn't it quite obvious that Sakurai hates the Zelda franchise? I mean Hyrule Tier in Brawl was a thing:troll::troll::troll:(No seriously I hate how Ganon, Zelda and to an extend Link are always one of the worst characters in the game)

Also, I think replacing Shiek with Impa is a good idea, seeing how Impa is more relevant to the Zelda series while Shiek was a one time thing. Not to mention, you can copy paste Shiek's moveset into Impa and it would 99% fit.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Zelda characters I want are Impa and Tingle. I love that both are playable in Hyrule Warriors. This is seriously my favorite Wii U game for playing solo.

I wouldn't mind seeing Impa playable, but having her replace Sheik is BLASPHEMY!

If anything it's either both Sheik AND Impa, or just Sheik. Pick one.
I pick just Impa. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one Zelda character I would actually care about is already an Assist, so I can't say I give a rat's ass about other Newcomer options.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tingle's inclusion would have fit the same bizarre and fun play-style (as well as sharing the out-of-left-field perception) of most newcomers on this roster.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would've loved to see Impa vs Ghirahim in this game being made possible...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tingle versus Wario would be a common match-up if Tingle was playable. Two fat creepy guys in clothes that are tooooo tight.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I'm not saying that I wanted all these three to be playable in smash but just looking at them and I know any one of them could've provided a unique move set that anyone would enjoy! But sadly they're all ATs :/

Or maybe even

I also don't see how Impa could be a clone of :zelda:or:sheik:. I just can't picture her at all sharing any similarities whatsoever

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not saying that I wanted all these three to be playable in smash but just looking at them and I know any one of them could've provided a unique move set that anyone would enjoy! But sadly they're all ATs :/

Or maybe even

I also don't see how Impa could be a clone of :zelda:or:sheik:. I just can't picture her at all sharing any similarities whatsoever
...you don't see any similarities at all between, the two Sheikah?

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
...you don't see any similarities at all between, the two Sheikah?
If Impa was to be added in, I absolutely can't see her getting any of Sheik or Zelda's moves. How do I know? Because they wouldn't put her in just to be clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom