• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Alternate Costume Mayhem today... Wonder when someones going to stream a leak, I doubt that's going to happen even at all today. What with Sakurai staving off the leakers with a big chunk of info...

Pakky

Smash Hero
I want my clone cat and giant dragon space pirate!!!! I am a child, give me, give me!

Pakky

Smash Hero
If you want him in the game, just make a Mii Fighter. Sakurai does seem to have a superiority complex, "do you even *laughs* make games, bro?" However, I highly doubt that he would self insert himself into Smash.
Maybe he'll be DLC?:080:

also:150: forever :142:

If Dr.Mario got in over him, riot. It sounds childish I know but, riot.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Would've it been that hard to add a shiny Charizard palette? And no, I'm not referring to his old shiny. I was really hoping to see a Black & Red Zard. Those are my favorite colors as well. Mario's colors are also disappointing. No Ice Mario or Flying Mario or the Sunshine outfit.

Eh. . . . :ohwell:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
To be fair Greninja doesn't have his shiny color either. It's CLOSE, but it's actually not completely black, and his tongue is a little dull when it should be bright red.

Pikachu is the only Pokemon with a shiny.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The one you are showing me is the 7th one, It´s purple with brown hair. I'm talking about the 6th one, It's black/dark grey with black hair. It's hard to say though...
I'm pretty sure that the 7th one is a shade of blue, not purple. (excluding the boots, wings and bracelets)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The one you are showing me is the 7th one, It´s purple with brown hair. I'm talking about the 6th one, It's black/dark grey with black hair. It's hard to say though...
Yeah, the 6th one is definitely Dark Pit without black wings, I agree. They'll probably use the wings and weapon to differentiate between Pit and Dark Pit.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The civic crown is silver in the image I posted, which is the exact color of the 6th one. 7th one is gold like the rest.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm a little upset that many of the returning characters didn't receive new voice recordings. It seemed to be a standard for the Smash series and in my opinion, helps distinguish the installments from another.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm a little upset that many of the returning characters didn't receive new voice recordings. It seemed to be a standard for the Smash series and in my opinion, helps distinguish the installments from another.
The only ones who did to my knowledge are Fox and Pit. Both makes my ears bleed, though to be fair Pit's already did.

I'm still butthurt that Bowser and DK still have their 'realistic' voices.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Which is weird considring how fresh and smooth their new animations are.
Eh, I don't mind. I actually like the Brawl lines, except for DK and Bowser...and they kept those.

You were saying?
Wrong Wario

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The only ones who did to my knowledge are Fox and Pit. Both makes my ears bleed, though to be fair Pit's already did.

I'm still butthurt that Bowser and DK still have their 'realistic' voices.
Pit now sounds like a 10 year old trying to be 20 lol. I think that's his Uprising voice though.
Fox now says, "Fiyeeurr!"

They do sound bad lol
Eh, I don't mind. I actually like the Brawl lines, except for DK and Bowser...and they kept those.
I prefer Bowser's Melee voice. I miss that "Raaah!" sound.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Wrong Wario
Doesn't matter. Mario still got a Wario outfit despite that Wario's in. The same can be said for Diddy and Dixie

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So if Dark Pit is actually using a Staff and Dr Mario has the Doctor Tornado....

Lucina is the clone-iest of the clones ಠ__ಠ
Out of a 3 clones, one who is the "Edgy" Dark version of Pit, the other is just Mario dressed differently
Christ how LATE did they decide to just not make her a costume choice

I'm sorry, I wouldn't be so nitpicky about this if she had more noticeable differences beside "Without the Tip"

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Doesn't matter. Mario still got a Wario outfit despite that Wario's in. The same can be said for Diddy and Dixie
I was just messing. Though it isn't really the default Wario.

A better example is Rosalina having a Peach color, and Kirby now having a Meta Knight-inspired one.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So if Dark Pit is actually using a Staff and Dr Mario has the Doctor Tornado....

Lucina is the clone-iest of the clones ಠ__ಠ
Out of a 3 clones, one who is the "Edgy" Dark version of Pit, the other is just Mario dressed differently
Christ how LATE did they decide to just not make her a costume choice

I'm sorry, I wouldn't be so nitpicky about this if she had more noticeable differences beside "Without the Tip"
>different personality
>different storyline
>different body type
>represents awakening
>that sexy sexy mask
>completely distinct fighting style

Subtle =/= insignifcant.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Dark Pit isn't edgy, he's just hilariously serious.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

SSB4 will be separated from the other games. Maybe we will get something interesting...?
I don't think it matters too much considering we'll probably be getting everything leaked by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom