• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Comparatively, Brawl had 14, I think, and that was with a smaller roster. That might mean absolutely nothing, but it's true.
If there are five more like people have hypothesized, then there's 14 as well. So I suppose it's a possibility.

Now that I think about it the back of those scans had the Mii Fighter in one slot. Do we know how their selection is going to work?

EDIT: Never mind, I found out the Miis are apparently selected on a different screen. Can someone clarify this?

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
OMG

I notice so many buffs already!
WHAT IF, that Dash Attack of his, can meteor smashe more easily now along with his D-air spike?
Link you're quite the Spike-swordsman.:4link::shades:
What's interesting to me is that the Fierce Diety alt doesn't appear to be on the bottom there. It may indeed indicated unlockable costumes.

GET HYPE

Annnnd....Lucina has Marth's Final Smash.
Lame.
I completely expected it, but it is still pretty lame.

If there are five more like people have hypothesized, then there's 14 as well. So I suppose it's a possibility.

Now that I think about it the back of those scans had the Mii Fighter in one slot. Do we know how their selection is going to work?

EDIT: Never mind, I found out the Miis are apparently selected on a different screen. Can someone clarify this?
I'm not sure if anybody at all knows how that works yet. I recall it being mentioned with the leak but nobody ever clarified how it would work. I always just assumed it would be like Pokemon Trainer and you'd select by choosing it in the character portrait.

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice

Part of me is diappointed by the fact that this isn't all of the costumes(I mean I can understand, there are many customizations for the mii fighters, but still), but that final smash though....Meteor Punch

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What's interesting to me is that the Fierce Diety alt doesn't appear to be on the bottom there. It may indeed indicated unlockable costumes.

GET HYPE
Isn't that the Fierce Diety Costume at the end of Link's Color Palettes? If you look closely under the eyes you will notice the Red markings.

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Fierce Diety alt the is the last one, on the far right. It's probably hard to tell, but that is definitely Fierce Diety Link

Niala

Smash Ace
Isn't that the Fierce Diety Costume at the end of Link's Color Palettes? If you look closely under the eyes, you will notice the Red markings.
Fierce Diety alt the is the last one, on the far right. It's probably hard to tell, but that is definitely Fierce Diety Link
I don't see it, but you guys are probably right. I thought Fierce Deity had a white tunic, but maybe it was changed for Smash.

D

Deleted member

While I am sad Greninja doesn't have a green color, Roy as a palette swap for Marth more than makes up for it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I really like Lucina's alt colors, I see:
Lucina herself, Nowi?, 3, Anna? Cordelia, Tiki, 6, Tharjaa, 8.
Not familiar enough with FE to say if the rest are original or not.

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Well I just looked through the pages. Some of the characters have some really, really nice alts, although some (most notably Lucario and Sonic) were quite... lackluster.

EDIT: oh yeah and Pac-Man

Kirby's naked MK skin was hilarious sitting beside all the others, though. It was all fluffy and pleasant and then all of a sudden the dark one was really out of place.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am curious as to why Bowser and Zelda's Alternate Colors are not available on the Alternate Colors Gallery.

P.S. Does anybody have Palutenta's Alternate Colors Image? The page will not load on my computer.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Galacta Knight is as close as I'll get. IDC SATISFIED!
Those holographic slashes, so hotness. His Tornado looks nefed bad, this pealses me. His UpB looks agree-able. I'm satisfied MK.:4metaknight: Move along now nothing to see here.
WOAH, his blaster visual gives me that Smash 64 vibe, that pleases me. Green to pink in his F-smash is weird, but not complaining. Could represent what's sweet-spotted & what's sour-spotted. That wolf-esque palette isn't really resembling all that much to wolf, other than the color of fur changing. It's to touch-up on his previous purple palette he had in Brawl & maybe Melee (don't remember).
YES PARTY HAT RETURNS! Eat your heart out 64 & Melee. 4th palette proves again that Pichu evolved to Pikachu & this time around we still haven't seen what becaome of Melee Pikachu that never returned in Brawl.:troll: I dig the rest of his palettes as well.
F-smash looks to be changed up?? He's standing on one foot sneezing electricity. Yup this mouse is armed & dangerous & silly. Caution is advised..
=O
His palettes look very good to me this time around! I'm seeing Shadow Lugia as his 8th palette?!??!?! XD GALE OF DARKNESS REFERENCING ANYONE?:shades::shades::shades: Spin-offs eat your heart out. His Final Smash MegaCharizardX looks like it alters his attacks making Side B Flare Blitz as Fire Blast or ome sort of ranged Fire attack! His first image at the top right looks to be either U-tilt like that in Project M, or U-smash. His DOwnB Rock Smash looks just as painful as it was in Brawl.:shades:
The palttes half-way disappoints me. A lot of blue shades like Zipzo mentioned, I'm disappointed only slightly with the blue-ish palettes. Blue Team Lucario is absolute~
Some of them are to resemble the different shades that could portray Riolu to fans, his pink-ish palette is welcomed feeling some Myster of Mew referencing in there. He has a legit Green palette which has my heart won over. He gets a fairly gray palette maybe meant to be slightly resembling for some back-story of Zoroark, but won't consider that.
BUT for his attacks, looks great! His Aura is a lot more notice-able, his aura flares out in his D-smash image, his Mega Lucario Uptaunting looks SICK, And I'm deeply impressed with how he'll play.

Overall. . .I'm impressed. Not very impressed with Sonic's palettes, but owell.

Last edited:

Dims

Smash Cadet

anna, and tiki CONFIRMED as color swaps. I am ok with this
That's not Anna's colors, sorry. The fourth is Cordelia, then Tiki, Lissa, and Tharja!

EDIT: Other ones might be Nowi, Cherche and Sumia (thanks pizzadudemanguy).

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
That's not Anna's colors, sorry. The fourth is Cordelia, then Tiki, Lissa, and Tharja!

I don't recognize the other three though.
I'm pretty sure the last one is Sumia; the second one might be Nowi and the third one might be Cherche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom