• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
That's not Anna's colors, sorry. The fourth is Cordelia, then Tiki, Lissa, and Tharja!

EDIT: Other ones might be Nowi, Cherche and Sumia (thanks pizzadudemanguy).
derp forgot about Cordelia of all people, thanks for correcting me!

?????????????

Smash Master
Are the Robin costumes based on other characters too? The first alternatives kinda look like they could be Stahl and Sully to me.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm so mad Lucina shares a final Smash
The ONE thing I was hoping she'd have for herself
Ugh..
It doesn't even have a Cut-In

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My only disappointment is that Link no longer has the light purple costume that he has had since Smash 64. For some reason, Sakurai decided to go with a royal purple-esque color. At first, I thought this was because Fierce Deity Link was in the game; however, he is not a light palette either. I have no idea why Sakurai wanted to saturate his costume, the same applies to Toon Link, to a lesser extent. Albeit, if I recall, he looked fine on the Wii U version.

It is irrelevant anyways, I HAVE to use the Fierce Deity costume to change Link's repugnant eyes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Which one of Little Mac's alternate colors/costumes will you be using the most?:

interesting thing about this is that apparently all the regular mac skins have a wireframe skin (and vice versa) so that basically confirms Super Punch-out Mac.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
According to Sakurai's announcement, it looked like lots of characters would have had tons of alts, but it turned out that just a few chracters have 1 or 2 alts, with some rare exceptions. Pretty disappointing.
Also, the leak is even more confirmed, Dark Pit is in (the "black" pit color has white wings), and Dr Mario too. Even more disappointing.

At this point, probably the "final 5" don't even exist.

The game will be good and all, but I don't get why Sakurai doesn't even try to please the fans of all the franchises. His choices are always so unbalanced, just like in Brawl that he put the same stage 2 times (Pokèmon Stadium), and this is happening again on 3DS with the Mario stages. The stage selection is pretty bad on the 3DS version, there are all the stages that I hate the most (Mushroomy Kingdom, Wario Ware, Pictochat, Flat Zone...).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
what's the difference between the first and third again?
You can tell there's a slight difference, my guess is that the first one, the darker one, is based more directly on the TP style design, while the third is based more on the OOT design. They are VERY similar, but the third is clearly lighter. I'm not exactly sure what the third is based on, though.

Niala

Smash Ace
I don't know if anybody else is watching M2K's stream, but apparently a Villager can pocket another Villager's Fsmash/Tree, and if the fsmash is fully charged, throwing it out again with Pocket kills at 0%. Tree also kills at 0% with pocket, apparently it doubles both damage and knockback.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My only disappointment is that Link no longer has the light purple costume that he has had since Smash 64. For some reason, Sakurai decided to go with a royal purple-esque color. At first, I thought this was because Fierce Deity Link was in the game; however, he is not a light palette either. I have no idea why Sakurai wanted to saturate his costume, the same applies to Toon Link, to a lesser extent. Albeit, if I recall, he looked fine on the Wii U version.

It is irrelevant anyways, I HAVE to use the Fierce Deity costume to change Link's repugnant eyes.
What about Dark Link? You love Dark characters, it seems.

---
Also, I remade Lucina's alts comparison with better artwork.

lucina alts 2.png

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Where do I start. . . .UGH BLOOD FALCON WHY AREN'T YOU HERE ;_;.
That said, let's get to the good stuff. His Uptaunt Flaring fire from his very being is manly, & should be noted, His Side taunt being "C'mon!" is very appropriate & you should feel honored he commands your existence to come on! His Down Taunt which is objectively the best taunt in Super Smash Brothers ever, is very necessary & will forever make fans their hero be Captain Falcon. His palettes beside his red Blood Falcon-barely-esque palette, are all magnificent. His green palette & his black/gray palette are still by far my favorites. His more blue palette than his default Indigo palette having a gold pauldron that's more gold than his Gold palette's pauldron resembling Dr. Stewart, is weird but will not question it. His Pink & manly palette that has convinced everyone at Nintendo that Pink is a manly & fantastic color to be in more character's palettes was a wise decision. Golden Falcon is majestic & Dr. Stewart is awesome, no complaints. I'm a bit confused on his 8th palette as I don't recall it's origin so I'd love for anyone who knows point that out for me, much appreciation for my favorite Smash character.

His moves shown in the images, peak my interest. His knee gives off a gleam of shine that portrays hope & dreams coming true. This is especially great news & a good sign it's buffed up again to it's almost formidable status of Melee power. It guides me in the right path of Justice. The image beside it displays his Nipples Spike, which pleases my nipples if I say so myself. It's stomping animation gives off the impression it appears to get more control & may be a true Spike, stronger knock-back perhaps. I can't make out what's going on in the UpB image of his Falcon Dive, but I'd have to guess that the explosion he creates when releasing from the less-manly being, Falcon shoots straight up in the air, no longer possibly gimping himself for grabbing onto someone & yelling "HYESZ!", hypothetically speaking this is great news. The Falcon Punch looks underwhelming with good reason. Any more notice of it's power would of cracked that image breakign it into nothingness. For that I'm proud I'm able to glimpse upon such awesome-ness, & proceed to critique his images. It resembles a Falcon flapping it's wings down swooping when flying rather than a Falcon coming straight at you face-on. His Raptor Boost SideB looks, fantastic, do you see the galaxy he held in his own hands he could of annihilated?! It appears the launch is straight up vertically, which is a good sign that it may have combo-potential & follow-ups are guaranteed. Raptor Boost to Knee of Justice anyone?:shades: Falcon Kick looks more dynamic as he throws his arm way back to thrust his whole body rearing down to a low ground level pushing on ahead gallantly with his golden armored boot. Go you majestic Falcon you, go.:shades: I should mention that his DownB Falcon Kick may be the harbinger of Fire, since a past PotD revealing Falcon Kick, appeared to take no effect of slowing down when pitted against Charizard's FlameThrower NeutralB. Either his Falcon Kick gives none about Flame-based attacks, or it's buffed.Those two likely scenarios are the only logical outcomes that could come to anyone's mind.

I don't know if anybody else is watching M2K's stream, but apparently a Villager can pocket another Villager's Fsmash/Tree, and if the fsmash is fully charged, throwing it out again with Pocket kills at 0%. Tree also kills at 0% with pocket, apparently it doubles both damage and knockback.
Well that isn't stupidly broke that needs insta-nerfing or anything. I'd rather Melee Jiggs Rest & Peach D-smash return that THAT ludicrous festery.
What about Dark Link? You love Dark characters, it seems.

---
Also, I remade Lucina's alts comparison with better artwork.

View attachment 24615
I'd say the artwork just got more suggestive, but that's not an issue in my department.:shades: Please continue your updating and / or works of art.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
well its confimred, Villager is the new meta knight!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The lack of Blood Falcon is the biggest alt color travesty of all time.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I want to notify everyone that images that come from nintendoeverything.com have the habit of not working here. You can resolve this by uploading the images onto imgur.com or any image hosting site.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That could be (and I hope it is) Charizard's current shiny form on the far right. Can't tell because the wings aren't in the frame.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I want to notify everyone that images that come from nintendoeverything.com have the habit of not working here. You can resolve this by uploading the images onto imgur.com or any image hosting site.
Specifically, if you guys want to link specific Color palettes, I made this for you guys!

http://imgur.com/a/X8AZn

I must sound like a broken record by now

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The lack of Blood Falcon is the biggest alt color travesty of all time.
This. To make matters worse, we never got one with the skulls on his helmet/boots.
The whole "we switched it to make the characters that look left or right, always face forward to always show their good side" irks me now as I will not be able to see if the Hell Hawk insignia remains on Falcon's back or not until pressing pause to zoom around looking. *Sigh*
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvaz0M1w

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
World Circuit Mac is the best one
The whole "we switched it to make the characters that look left or right, always face forward to always show their good side" irks me now as I will not be able to see if the Hell Hawk insignia remains on Falcon's back or not until pressing pause to zoom around looking. *Sigh*
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvaz0M1w
Don't worry. It wouldn't make sense for Captain Falcon to be mirrored because how else would his reverse Falcon Punch works?
He isn't mirrored in the trailer after all.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

What costume is this referencing? It seems to be Blue overalls and hat with a Yellow shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom