• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niala

Smash Ace
Why is he taking so long anyway? Everyone already knows he's in. Even before the CSS leak, they didn't even try to hide it.
Well judging by the CSS and who they've revealed, they're only officially revealing the starting roster. Or so I suspect. The only character who has been revealed who isn't a part of the starting roster is Lucina.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have twenty dollars riding on Ridely being playable in the game. I need this dragon, you all don't understand

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well judging by the CSS and who they've revealed, they're only officially revealing the starting roster. Or so I suspect. The only character who has been revealed who isn't a part of the starting roster is Lucina.
Huh. Wonder why Wario is unlockable. Least he'll probably be easy to get.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
probably to keep away the fact that her final smash is the same as Marth's, so people don't rage.

Pakky

Smash Hero
My waifu Captain Syrup will sadly never be in smash

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
I have twenty dollars riding on Ridely being playable in the game. I need this dragon, you all don't understand
Trust me when I say the majority of Smashboards understands.

Huh. Wonder why Wario is unlockable. Least he'll probably be easy to get.
I was curious as well. He was a starter in Brawl if I'm not mistaken. Plus, he's the sole representative of his series as playable characters are concerned. It seems like an odd choice if you ask me.

probably to keep away the fact that her final smash is the same as Marth's, so people don't rage.
I think it's more likely she's unlockable simply because she's a direct clone. Although that's entirely possible.

Pakky

Smash Hero
However when he is announced I won't held responsible for the acts I will commit in the various Youtube comment sections of big headed doubters

Sucks, doesn't it? Would be a great way to give Wario Land something.
I think she's probably the best and most consistent character from Wario's two series, and she a bit more independent than say Mona, but that's my opinion. Plus she can summon a genie in her first appearance which was pretty amazing and Smash doesn't have a pirate yet, but it will have a space pirate soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
However when he is announced I won't held responsible for the acts I will commit in the various Youtube comment sections of big headed doubters
I can sleep well if I get Wolf and Mewtwo back and have Ridley be the one newcomer I wanted to get in. Life is complete at that point in time...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man, now I want a Super Wario bros game with Captain Syrup. My dreams are too big, Nintendo hates Waluigi

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yeah; I would love to see that play out, especially Agumon vs. Pikachu and the long-standing rivalry of Agumon ("Greymon"?) vs. Charizard! I would be pleasantly surprised if Agumon showed up, although it seems that we're reaching the limit for Super Smash Bros. 4 third-parties... If vying for third-party inclusion, I doubt Snake and Agumon would both make it in for SSB4 (although it would be awesome), though, and I feel like some Nintendo characters (Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Ridley, specifically) deserve priority due to their Nintendo-originating influence... So, I'm envisioning Agumon for Super Smash Bros. 5, because I refuse to think that Solid Snake (and the Metal Gear universe as a whole) will be removed just yet. :x

LOL; I remember reading an IGN article about the name change....I think it was more for company cohesiveness, but if Bandai's notoriety is somehow high enough to land them dibs on being first in the company name and snag us a newcomer, then I'm all for it! I'll still probably use "NamcoBandai", as that term order has been drilled into my head. :laugh: And you're the first person I've seen to support Machinedramon...!

I had a rough moveset for Agumon, although I wonder if I'll be able to post it somewhere prior to the final SSB4 roster reveal..
Namco has their guest in. Who's going to be Bandai's guest fighter?:shades: That aside Agumon vs. any Nintendo character is going to be hype. Mostly the pokemon series fighters. I can give an agree to anymore 3rd party characters added now is stretching it, making it 4 which feels one too many, but it's Agumon so I give less & less about it each passing moment. With all that's going on, I see Agumon more as a later add-in to 5mash or maybe next time in half a decade if SSB6 gets announced to be in development & ifBandaiNamco decides to co-develop again. There isn't a Machinedramon support thread, but I can think for the future. Giga Cannon is too hype for me to handle.

Agumon doesn't need that much imagination for a Smash move-set because games like DRA 1 & 2 helping us out greatly on creativity. I'll probably post it someday.

Niala

Smash Ace
Namco has their guest in. Who's going to be Bandai's guest fighter?:shades: That aside Agumon vs. any Nintendo character is going to be hype. Mostly the pokemon series fighters. I can give an agree to anymore 3rd party characters added now is stretching it, making it 4 which feels one too many, but it's Agumon so I give less & less about it each passing moment. With all that's going on, I see Agumon more as a later add-in to 5mash or maybe next time in half a decade if SSB6 gets announced to be in development & ifBandaiNamco decides to co-develop again. There isn't a Machinedramon support thread, but I can think for the future. Giga Cannon is too hype for me to handle.

Agumon doesn't need that much imagination for a Smash move-set because games like DRA 1 & 2 helping us out greatly on creativity. I'll probably post it someday.
I wonder if they will introduce a character specifically from Bandai. I have a feeling they won't, only because 4 third party fighters means you can have a match with all separate fighters as have none of them be Nintendo characters. That, and I feel as though they've made a huge deal about our current third party characters, so adding another would get overlooked a bit in terms if advertising.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That's probably enough of a video game, isn't it?
Depends on if you consider virtual pets substantial enough to be called a video game. Personally, it'd just be weird having a Digimon character in Super Smash Bros. It would feel kind of like jumping the Sharpedo.

Although finally being able to own Greymon with Charizard would be pretty satisfying.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Anyone catching streams of the demo? Holy ****. Villager confirmed God status. As I suspected.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sucks, doesn't it? Would be a great way to give Wario Land something.
Would be a great way to give Wario Land...anything.

---

Anyway, general leak talk is worrying me. The Miis not only may actually have a spot on the roster, but they have been the only character left outside of the leaked CSS...

I hope it really doesn't come to that.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
i know his recover is broken, his Fair and Bair are rediculous and his neutral A is a spammy attack
I just saw him comfortably fly under battlefield and pocket Rush. Projectiles that are stolen are at least twice as powerful. Pocketed Mega Man charge shot KO'd at 30% in middle of stage. Villager is disgusting. Maybe it's a good thing Isabelle isn't playable. :troll:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I just saw him comfortably fly under battlefield and pocket Rush. Projectiles that are stolen are at least twice as powerful. Pocketed Mega Man charge shot KO'd at 30% in middle of stage. Villager is disgusting. Maybe it's a good thing Isabelle isn't playable. :troll:
Sakurai knew he was a murderer so he made him god tier as f***

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
welp, this is it I guess; my last roster

gg smash speculation we had a good run

EDIT: gon add some details too
1. I put the clone characters near their respective franchises because it looks better imo
2. Green borders means the character is not present on the Smash website yet.
3. I selected DK character because I doubt we're not getting one. Just don't know who yet. Still banking on K. Rool or Dixie.
- Also since the clones were originally meant to be costumes of the existing cast, if Dixie is in the game I highly doubt she'll be a clone like Doc, Pittoo, and Lucina. She lacks a tail, which Diddy has used as an attack. So I don't think she would have been made a costume choice for Diddy.​
4. Ridley because shadow math.
5. Popo because I don't see why we would have no Climbers of any sort while still having Ice Climber enemies in Smash Run. Nana would be an alt, seeing as they have the exact same body type and skill set.
6. Mewtwo because Mewtwo.
7. Chorus Kids are in because of the Gematsu Leak. But at the end of the day, I think it could be any Rhythm Heaven Character.
8. Fighters have a red border because they swap out with Random through the customization switch.

So yeah, my five characters would then be:
DK Franchise Character, Ridley, Popo, Mewtwo, and Rhythm Heaven Franchise Character.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Can't even sleep right now. Too nervous. I know it's just a game, but it's affecting me far more than it should.

Anyway, general leak talk is worrying me. The Miis not only may actually have a spot on the roster, but they have been the only character left outside of the leaked CSS...

I hope it really doesn't come to that.
You and me both. If that's the case, I'll be ready to commit sudoku.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
My logical roster with all the information we've got since the beginning:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

How could Agumon work without being a transformation character?
He would need to Digivolve, and more than one stage.
Well, he wouldn't need to, but if he didn't it would be a waste of Agumon.

I suppose it could be changing hitboxes, and changing move properties, not changing the moves themselves.
This could be based on an energy meter.

Would be a completely unique character, that is for sure.
Question would be: would we see him fight Charizard more, or Pikachu?

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
How could Agumon work without being a transformation character?
He would need to Digivolve, and more than one stage.
Well, he wouldn't need to, but if he didn't it would be a waste of Agumon.

I suppose it could be changing hitboxes, and changing move properties, not changing the moves themselves.
This could be based on an energy meter.

Would be a completely unique character, that is for sure.
Question would be: would we see him fight Charizard more, or Pikachu?
I would just use WarGreymon as Agumon's FS and leave the digivolving at that. Maybe Imperialdramon if you want to get really refferential and Finale-worthy.

Although to be honest I'd prefer Veemon or Flamedramon to Agumon. Season 2 was always superior...

Buzz Spendus

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded the demo last night. It's really nothing to get excited over. You can only choose from 5 characters, play on Battlefield only for 2 minutes & can't turn off items.

Still, it should tide me over until Friday.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I downloaded the demo last night. It's really nothing to get excited over. You can only choose from 5 characters, play on Battlefield only for 2 minutes & can't turn off items.

Still, it should tide me over until Friday.
That's how I've been seeing this demo, and it would be an even bigger downer if the demo data isn't transferable.

In case anyone didn't know, Sonic Lost World's demo data could be transferred onto the actual game, allowing you to skip the very first level during the process.

Niala

Smash Ace
Any new leaks out yet? seen the demo and it does not show much that was already shown in E3 this year.
You know, this made me think about something. Maybe this demo wasn't entirely for the purpose of being a demo. We all know Sakurai hates leaks... maybe he was trying to distract us. You know...

Sakurai: Hey guys, look at this pretty demo over here with 5 characters and some items and Battlefield/FD I know you like those stages o0o0o0o don't look over there at the full version look at this so pretty.

I dunno if that's the case, but I wouldn't put it past him.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
2 winning victory animations minimun per character confirmed guys, in the recent japanese demo Villager has another one where he digs a fossil.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Popo getting in as solo is incredibly unlikely, why get rid of a unique concept?
Probably because of how imbalanced their grab game is?

2 winning victory animations minimun per character confirmed guys, in the recent japanese demo Villager has another one where he digs a fossil.
I'm probably guessing that all characters will have up to three victory animations, which makes sense when you look at the past Smash Bros. installments.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
No new DK character isn't logical at all.

Not saying it's unlikely, though.
Hmmm, we haven't seen any sign about dk rep since the beginning:
-One frame with greninja human's hands during the greninja trailer = Troll + teasing of mewtwo playable?
-Ridley's shadow and trophy of king ki hunter with ridley music during the smash direct = Troll + teasing of ridley playable?
-Fi trophy + ballad of the goddess music = Hint of impa playable?
-Ennemi from Rhythm tengoku in smash run = Hint of CHorus kids playable?

Maybe I didn't see it but I've seen nothing about dk rep(sadly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom