• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I wasn't...

I wasn't intending to be rude. I was genuinely curious. All I've ever seen you mention is that you hate rosters. I've never seen you say you like one. Maybe it's wrong, but it's not really an unfounded claim if that's the image you present.

All I meant is I'm curious as to what your requirements for a good roster are.
Well it is wrong and evidently you haven't seen very much of what I've had to say about the newcomers.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That's why I was asking.

You're evidently not willing to share, though. I suppose I'll just shut up.
I've posted my thoughts here and on the RTC thread. They're there for all to see and if you're half as curious as you claim you are, you'll see for yourself.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Actually Katsuhiro Harada, the director of the game, confirmed that not all the fighters will be fighting type, they won't all be humanoid, and that won't even all be final evolutions! Which makes me a lot more excited for Pokken
?!?!?
Wait. . .did he mention anything about bipedial or quadrupeds being a thing?
Anyways, HYESZ! My arbitrary theory of pokemon fighting types fully evolved only is broken. It's fair game now! Come on out!:002::007::018::026::028::034::039::051::052::055::057::075::083::093::107::123::126::127::132::141::143::149::150::160::202::206::208::212::213::214::217::227:
And I'm not even gonna go into Gen 3 - 6!
700+ pokemon ftw right now.
Well, I'm still bracing myself for unexpected Super Smash Bros. 4 news for the Nintendo 3DS edition... >_> Still fervently holding out hope for the fighters of Mewtwo, Ridley, Solid Snake, King K. Rool, Isaac (of Golden Sun), Miles "Tails" Prower, Vaati, Sukapon, and Agumon (yes, of Digimon)!
Yes, Agumon. Agumon is the best addition to your post.:shades:
No problems. To my knowledge, the Digimon franchise is owned by Bandai (of Japan, who released the original virtual-pet Digimon toys and contribute to the Digimon anime), and they seem to make most of the Digimon games, so I believe that Agumon would be considered as being from a third-party franchise, Digimon. I figured Bandai would have something to contribute alongside Namco in the "Namco-Bandai" partnership, with the company helping in developing Super Smash Bros. 4.. XD As for relations with Nintendo, Bandai has a few Digimon games on Nintendo platforms, and at the very least, it helps keep the Pokemon franchise as a viable/competitive property! With SSB4 heralding "Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man", "Pokemon vs. Digimon" would help to complete the package..!

Thanks; I feel that Sukapon deserves playable representation, with an intriguing body design and hailing from one of Nintendo's earliest/first? fighting game, Joy Mech Fight.. Other than that, I was hoping for a playable Takamaru....sigh. A potential Duck Hunt Dog inclusion would also be interesting, in my opinion...
Yes omg yes. I've wanted that Matchup since forever. Agumon will single-handedly 1 v 6 the whole Pokemon series.:urg: Damnit Lucario I wanted to main you too. . .
Also, recently in January 2014, NamcoBandai renamed themselves BandaiNamco (big deal I know). My hype levels for a Digital Monster as a secret newcomer would be so
You really seem to hate just about every roster that comes out. I have to ask, are you just looking for Krystal and instantly the roster would be 10/10? I can't fathom having such distaste for every single character and still being excited for the game. It just doesn't make sense to me.
As I'm replying to you for no reason other than I feel like it because those small green options in your Purple wall of text is still attractive, I was the kind of person who wanted the smaller things, I was humble & wanted a few characters, characters like Sceptile, Black Shadow, Krystal, Agumon, Machinedramon even, dare I say he'd have some chance being a 3rd Party guest.
This is also coming from someone like me who rated rosters based on one factor & one factor only, have 18+ newcomers & I'd give you an instant 8 / 10 no matter who the newcomers was:
:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ! Look familiar?
The missing 2 Falcons you wonder? Oh those were decided by Sceptile & Black Shadow. Then I quit using Black Shadow as a key Falcon vote. After that, I reasonably looked at rosters & thought "if they have 20 reasonable newcomers, I give 'em a 9 / 10". I give 10 / 10 HYESZ! to the solid realistic rosters that have reasonable characters, including Sceptile being the bias falcon head point.
Kk my random post reply is complete.
Eggsit, stage left.:4yoshi:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
what if at the very last day before the game releases Sakurai pulls a twist and confirms a character.
even more of a twist what if it was ice climbers.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
what if at the very last day before the game releases Sakurai pulls a twist and confirms a character.
even more of a twist what if it was ice climbers.
It's too late to disprove the CSS, but that would certainly be an unexpected surprise. At least for me.

Niala

Smash Ace
I've posted my thoughts here and on the RTC thread. They're there for all to see and if you're half as curious as you claim you are, you'll see for yourself.
That's not exactly fair. Asking me to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of pages to find information which I don't even know the location of regarding your definition of a good roster is not a reasonable solution to my question.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I was really just curious and trying to make conversation.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That's not exactly fair. Asking me to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of pages to find information which I don't even know the location of regarding your definition of a good roster is not a reasonable solution to my question.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I was really just curious and trying to make conversation.
And formulating your opinion based on my recent comments is fair? If your intention was to spark conversation, then perhaps you should have chosen another way that didn't involve implying that I hate most rosters because they don't have Krystal.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
And formulating your opinion based on my recent comments is fair? If your intention was to spark conversation, then perhaps you should have chosen another way that didn't involve implying that I hate most rosters because they don't have Krystal.
Guys please don't fight over this please. In all seriousness state what you do not like, remember that you both like smash, and find a breakpoint rather than writing out convoluted statements towards why you did not like this or that.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Guys please don't fight over this please. In all seriousness state what you do not like, remember that you both like smash, and find a breakpoint rather than writing out convoluted statements towards why you did not like this or that.
You posting this gallant message is just & true, yet I gaze upon your avatar picture & I can only take you half serious. Which is my standard liking. Go you. Way to be decent about this.:shades:

Does anyone here consider Peach's parasol in Sm4sh a slash attack? Random but I feel it's necessary.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Warning Received
ARE U KIDDING ME
nintendo of america you BETTER release a demo on the 13th or i will cry many tears

Moderator Edit: Do not censor dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Double Posting Warning Received
You posting this gallant message is just & true, yet I gaze upon your avatar picture & I can only take you half serious. Which is my standard liking. Go you. Way to be decent about this.:shades:

Does anyone here consider Peach's parasol in Sm4sh a slash attack? Random but I feel it's necessary.
Half serious is just the way I like it!, not too foreboding, not to squishy. :p

And yeah I always saw it as a slash attack too. Not much I can say tho, she's not my main...

ARE U KIDDING ME
nintendo of america you BETTER release a demo on the 13th or i will cry many tears
Don't worry, we will probably get a 5 minute Alpha build demo of smash soon on December at least!

(I made myself sad...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

If you would like to sift back to page 1,423, you'll find at the very bottom a rating of my prediction roster that ~Krystal~ gave two thumbs up. That might be an instance that you're looking for.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

The edges of the parasol can slash, so I would say yes. Seems she's got a new up b now. It's a rainbow? It's very pretty.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
yknow what'd be ****ing funny as hell
if sakurai pulled a 180 and said "hey states ur getting smash on the 13th too"
ahahahhahahaha
please make it happen

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The edges of the parasol can slash, so I would yes. Seems she's got a new up b now. It's a rainbow? It's very pretty.
Thanks for your input~
I double checked to wonder if she did because I pay little attention to Peach, however I should not ignore her, because it's not her UpB that got replaced with a rainbow, that is in fact her new U-air, which looks quite glamorous like Yoshi's Rainbow egg trails.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Thanks for your input~
I double checked to wonder if she did because I pay little attention to Peach, however I should not ignore her, because it's not her UpB that got replaced with a rainbow, that is in fact her new U-air, which looks quite glamorous like Yoshi's Rainbow egg trails.
Oh, then it's not a special? She keeps her parasol?

Niala

Smash Ace
yknow what'd be ****ing funny as hell
if sakurai pulled a 180 and said "hey states ur getting smash on the 13th too"
ahahahhahahaha
please make it happen
If only. Maybe we'll get a demo sooner rather than later, though. I can see it being announced on Friday, for example, during that Nintendo Treehouse thing.

EDIT: the streamer I'm watching says he heard it'll be available in NA on the 19th. He didn't source anything, though, so it might be entirely made up.

Friend of mine on instagram has the Japan only eshop demo. Is this really the starting roster?
It appears the full roster shown there is the starting roster. However, only the highlighted characters are playable in the demo.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh, then it's not a special? She keeps her parasol?
Indeed. She keeps her parasol UpB, her U-tilt of bursting pink heart now appears to be multiple hearts?. .
Her U-smash is a twirling ribbon as she reaches her arm up, & her U-air being the rainbow.

Seems like all her up moves, with her Parasol as the Up exception, got re-done & improved. Good for you gal:4peach:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Indeed. She keeps her parasol UpB, her U-tilt of bursting pink heart now appears to be multiple hearts?. .
Her U-smash is a twirling ribbon as she reaches her arm up, & her U-air being the rainbow.

Seems like all her up moves, with her Parasol as the Up exception, got re-done & improved. Good for you gal:4peach:
Lol. I like the way Peach has turned out if that's the case. She's always been a character I really liked and I'm quite glad her excellent FS did not change.

Niala

Smash Ace

You definitely missed an opportunity to say "Upception."

But yeah, according to Zipzo she's changed quite a bit. I really liked her in Melee so hopefully she's regained some of her power.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Apparently someone on the twitch stream I'm watching said the US demo releases on the 19th. Have no idea if it's legit, but there you go.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Lol. I like the way Peach has turned out if that's the case. She's always been a character I really liked and I'm quite glad her excellent FS did not change.
Same. It also reminds me of that Game Theory about :4peach: being :rosalina:'s mother. What a twist right? Hooray hotnesses:4peach:.
You definitely missed an opportunity to say "Upception."

But yeah, according to Zipzo she's changed quite a bit. I really liked her in Melee so hopefully she's regained some of her power.
I did. Bummer May Horus.:4sonic:
Although, I will object & stop us all right here & say, "guys, lets face it, her D-smash is not going to be back to Melee or Project Melee power, that is ridiculous"

Tiny things like Jiggly Rest & Peach D-smash made me go A-WOL.

I literally yawned for a quick moment in a Project M friendlies match last week & I get D-smashed by Peach not DI'ing at all getting dealt a 59% stain on my fresh stock.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I love how there are so little characters to play as, why no kirby? you got Mario, Link and Pikachu as veterans but Kirby is locked after all those four are considered the main quartet of the series!

Niala

Smash Ace
Same. It also reminds me of that Game Theory about :4peach: being :rosalina:'s mother. What a twist right? Hooray hotnesses:4peach:.

I did. Bummer May Horus.:4sonic:
Although, I will object & stop us all right here & say, "guys, lets face it, her D-smash is not going to be back to Melee or Project Melee power, that is ridiculous"

Tiny things like Jiggly Rest & Peach D-smash made me go A-WOL.

I literally yawned for a quick moment in a Project M friendlies match last week & I get D-smashed by Peach not DI'ing at all getting dealt a 59% stain on my fresh stock.
I don't expect her DSmash to become that powerful ever again, as much as I wish it would :(. But maybe she could get some better knockback on her attacks. Basically everything of hers got much worse in Brawl than it was in Melee, although that's partly because knockback in general was weaker.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Welp! I'm all outta speculation juice for today! I take the conga (and the random pics with me.) But remember! I will always be with every one of you (like that uncle who mooches off your parents) as long as you have the magic inside to dream for a better future! You just gotta believe! I hate you all.

I MUST FLY!

For those of you interested here's the full thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E284IfUyssc

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I don't expect her DSmash to become that powerful ever again, as much as I wish it would :(. But maybe she could get some better knockback on her attacks. Basically everything of hers got much worse in Brawl than it was in Melee, although that's partly because knockback in general was weaker.
You forgot to mention Snake living 'till 200%. "It's no use!":4sonic:
I'll be very pleased that her D-smash may never be that cheesy forbidden again. Brawl Peach could definitely rack up % like nobody's business though.

Niala

Smash Ace
You forgot to mention Snake living 'till 200%. "It's no use!":4sonic:
I'll be very pleased that her D-smash may never be that cheesy forbidden again. Brawl Peach could definitely rack up % like nobody's business though.
Super true. She did so much damage so fast, just she couldn't turn it into a kill very easily. She didn't have many kills and even the ones she did have were hard to hit.

Apparently the Butt-Bomb is a lot stronger now, so I'm down for that.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Agumon. Agumon is the best addition to your post.:shades:

Yes omg yes. I've wanted that Matchup since forever. Agumon will single-handedly 1 v 6 the whole Pokemon series.:urg: Damnit Lucario I wanted to main you too. . .
Also, recently in January 2014, NamcoBandai renamed themselves BandaiNamco (big deal I know). My hype levels for a Digital Monster as a secret newcomer would be so
Yeah; I would love to see that play out, especially Agumon vs. Pikachu and the long-standing rivalry of Agumon ("Greymon"?) vs. Charizard! I would be pleasantly surprised if Agumon showed up, although it seems that we're reaching the limit for Super Smash Bros. 4 third-parties... If vying for third-party inclusion, I doubt Snake and Agumon would both make it in for SSB4 (although it would be awesome), though, and I feel like some Nintendo characters (Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Ridley, specifically) deserve priority due to their Nintendo-originating influence... So, I'm envisioning Agumon for Super Smash Bros. 5, because I refuse to think that Solid Snake (and the Metal Gear universe as a whole) will be removed just yet. :x

LOL; I remember reading an IGN article about the name change....I think it was more for company cohesiveness, but if Bandai's notoriety is somehow high enough to land them dibs on being first in the company name and snag us a newcomer, then I'm all for it! I'll still probably use "NamcoBandai", as that term order has been drilled into my head. :laugh: And you're the first person I've seen to support Machinedramon...!

I had a rough moveset for Agumon, although I wonder if I'll be able to post it somewhere prior to the final SSB4 roster reveal..

Bandai representation seems like a great idea! especially with that explanation it doesn't feel that farfetch'ed

anymore. I hope to see some representation of the series (maybe a trophy like Rayman) and I would be willing to play as a Digimon character.

As for Takamaru, I wanted him to be announced first-hand but he got pushed to assist trophy....

another day.....
Agreed; on one hand, I'm really bummed about Takamaru's non-playability (even moreso than Waluigi), but I'm really glad that he gets more exposure and hopefully paves the way for playable status in Super Smash Bros. 5 (never mind about the numbering from the developers >_>)!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Agreed; on one hand, I'm really bummed about Takamaru's non-playability (even moreso than Waluigi), but I'm really glad that he gets more exposure and hopefully paves the way for playable status in Super Smash Bros. 5 (never mind about the numbering from the developers >_>)!
We're already talking about Sma5h, probably should wait atleast two years to talk about that, don't want to get carried away.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
We're already talking about Sma5h, probably should wait atleast two years to talk about that, don't want to get carried away.
I quoted you just to inform you that 5mash is this Holiday 2014.
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390
Sakurai: No, actually, there was never any consideration to having him in previous games, and if you think about it, there hasn't been really a precedent for third-party characters joining other than very special cases like Sonic, during the last game. It's something that wasn't even possible. We're now going into versions four and five within the series—this is only something that's now possible.
Kotaku: When you say four and five, do you mean the 3DS and Wii U versions? Those are separate?
Sakurai: Yeah, exactly.
Kotaku: While we bring that up, how will those versions be different?
Sakurai: Essentially between the two versions the character structure is the same, and the moves shared between the characters are the same, but the stages are entirely different. On the 3DS, we've taken the motif of handheld games and then on the Wii U version, featured primarily stages based on games on console.
2 years came early this year.:shades:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom