• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only issue I have with the Chorus Kids is that I found them not feasible and that they were a confirmation of the Gematsu leak.
However, after seeing Bowser Jr., as well as getting many non-Gematsu characters, I'm willing to believe anything!

Bring on the Rhythm Heaven.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Any one get that feeling that something HUGE is going to be released about Smash Today or Tomorrow?...

*EDIT* I just realized I made a Ridley troll without knowing my apologies.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Any one get that feeling that something HUGE is going to be released about Smash Today or Tomorrow?...
Well a copy of the game should be out in the wild soon. Maybe not tomorrow, but very likely on Tuesday.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I have a feeling something glamorous is about to get announced next week. My unlikely prediction: Toon Zelda.
Source, don't let me down!

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Alph Olimar alt? I guess I'm okay with that. Also like the Fierce Deity Link even if I don't play as Link. fierce deity tink pls

Anyone get the feeling that people say this too much?

Unless somefin significant is occurring today or tomorrow that I am simply unaware of.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Alph Olimar alt? I guess I'm okay with that. Also like the Fierce Deity Link even if I don't play as Link. fierce deity tink pls

Unless somefin significant is occurring today or tomorrow that I am simply unaware of.
Once again, Terribly sorry, did NOT try to make a Ridley troll with that statement, my apologies.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Once again, Terribly sorry, did NOT try to make a Ridley troll with that statement, my apologies.
lulz I didn't even notice the "huge" joke, I just meant how people seem to constantly say things like "I bet somefin big will be revealed tomorrow" with no basis

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think we understand, dear. It's quite alright. ;3

I have a feeling something glamorous is about to get announced next week. My unlikely prediction: Toon Zelda.
Source, don't let me down!
Let's hope so!

About the glamourous announcement, not necessarily Toon Zelda. But I'd be okay with that too. <3

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

It's typical for a game to get leaked around this time because someone found an early copy. Mario Kart 8, and Pokemon X/Y got leaked around a week before its release. Though they were worldwide release and the early copies were mostly from Europe.

Brawl's roster leaked around..3 or 5 days before release?
But the duck hunt dog is okay?
His design is very reminiscent of a Looney Tunes character, and I'm sure his animations and such will be very cartoony. Nintendogs are portrayed very realistically.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sorry man, I was trying to change the subject (did NOT realize I just made a Ridley troll with that statement...)
I was being facetious, ha. Unlike some people, I could talk Ridley up and down, left and right, on Pyrosphere, not on Pyrosphere...

Well a copy of the game should be out in the wild soon. Maybe not tomorrow, but very likely on Tuesday.
For the sake of my sanity, I think I'll avoid being on Smashboards while info slowly gets leaked, and instead just check back on the actual release date.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's typical for a game to get leaked around this time because someone found an early copy. Mario Kart 8, and Pokemon X/Y got leaked around a week before its release. Though they were worldwide release and the early copies were mostly from Europe.

I'm honestly just curious as to how long it'll take people to unlock everything. That being said, there are always those dedicated techie fans who'll literally open up the game's coding to find everything.

And bless their intrepid little hearts indeed. Godsspeed, my hackish pals, godsspeed.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This is suffering. No visual differences??. . .. No spiked shoulders or skulls or. . .the hell hawk insignia?. .:urg:
Well I don't think he actually played him, just checked the colors on the CSS. Wouldn't get my hopes up though. :/

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice

True enough. My apologies, I keep forgetting how friggin' close the release d8 is. The realization has not yet sunk in, and I will probably have a hype breakdown when it does.

D

Deleted member

The Super Leaf is in this game. I think PETA will ignore the Duck Hunt Dog.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
True enough. My apologies, I keep forgetting how friggin' close the release d8 is. The realization has not yet sunk in, and I will probably have a hype breakdown when it does.
I feel the same way.
Sometimes I'll just be sitting around doing nothing and then suddenly I'll think "HOLY **** LUCINA MEGA MAN ROSALINA ARE IN SMASH WHICH COMES OUT IN SIX DAYS".

So yeah, my hype tends to change with the weather.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
And getting a bunch of dates wrong.
And missing Rosalina.
And missing both Lucina and Robin to add insult to the Chrom injury.
And the leaker basically disappearing from existence right after the Lucina and Robin reveal.
You do realize that the Gematsu Leak was likely early planning documents and not a crystal ball, right?

The "dates" given were "these characters will be shown at E3", which ended up true for Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager, as well as Miis and Pac-Man the following year. Little Mac could have been planned to appear at E3, but was simply shown on another date as a need for showing another character. A sudden need to reveal Little Mac would explain why his trailer is stylistically animated rather than three-dimensional like most other newcomers' trailers are. It certainly didn't feature the same quality as Palutena's trailer at the very least. Still, all of that is avoiding the point. There were plans of when to reveal characters, not set dates. Gematsu never gave us dates.

And how on earth would he miss Rosalina if she was never to be shown at E3? Between the characters shown at the first E3 and the Smash Direct, Gematsu had never even made a statement. The point of Rosalina is moot in that by the time he would have had said anything about her, she'd have already been revealed. There's nothing to state that Gematsu wouldn't have listed her had he actually said anything around that time. Rosalina is a strawman, in other words.

It's only been two months since Robin and Lucina. The leaker disappearing between the first E3 and Smash Direct, which was a lot friggin' longer than 2 months mind you, didn't make him any less accurate when he called Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja (who literally did not even exist at the time of Sakurai's decision to include him, hence only being called "Pokemon X&Y character"). As for the characters themselves, it was literally stated by Sakurai himself that Lucina wasn't even planned as a character in the first place and that Chrom was originally the chosen character before they realized just how bland he is compared to Robin. The documents planned for Chrom, but the reality was Robin and Lucina. Do you not follow?

Honestly, why people doubt Gematsu, I don't understand. The leak thus far is outdated, without a doubt, but that doesn't mean it's incorrect. The fact that it has predicted things revealed behind-the-scenes of what we've gotten should make that apparent, were Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, Greninja, Palutena, Mii Fighters (down to the name), Pac-Man, and Shulk not enough. This is not even mentioning the fact that various sources are stating that Chorus Kids will be a character (further cemented by the Sneaky Spirit's existence as an enemy in Smash Run). There's plenty more to say Gematsu is real than not.

Again, outdated does not mean false. Like it or not, Chorus Kids are planned at the very least the way Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda were, if not DLC or a hidden character outright.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

French journalist who has Smash 3DS just tweeted that Chorus Men was in the game, apparently. He's been deleting the tweets, but someone screencapped it.
****! Now that's three secret newcomers I dislike so far. I hope to god they're not the Ice Climbers on steroids. I've had enough chaingrabbing lunacy in Smash Bros.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way.
Sometimes I'll just be sitting around doing nothing and then suddenly I'll think "HOLY **** LUCINA MEGA MAN ROSALINA ARE IN SMASH WHICH COMES OUT IN SIX DAYS".

I know how that feels. One day I was busy with stuff and then it just hit me like a slap in the face. DEAR GOD MARIO PAC-MAN MEGA MAN AND SONIC, ALL TOGETHER!!! THIS IS AMAZING! and then went straight back to work without a thought of it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I feel the same way.

Sorry but i must keep our hype at bay:
GHIRAHIM IS NOT PLAYABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom