• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
With only 20 Series / franchises currently confirmed, I'm ready for that number to hit 25 for a maximum goal! Good Mornight thread, I'm out.

Buzz Spendus

Smash Apprentice
Question, happy for you btw, but wouldn't it be better to get the New 3DS LL from Japan? Well unless you're just getting the 3DS just for smash then ignore me. lol XD
I wish the New 3DS was out when I was over there, but I was a quarter of a year too early.

All I wanted was one of their exclusive 3DSes, since they get so many better ones than we do. I'm very happy with the one I got (a black/gold Theatrhythym themed LL) and being able to DL Smash early is really just a perk.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
There was a new japanese trailer with akb48 in it (I think that's a japanese popgroup or something?) but here is the video:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's great that the alts will get the name change listed below. I never felt so much respect for Alternate costume swaps before until now. Blood Falcon I'm so ready to see your progress.:shades:
BLOOD FALCON
I know someone who played the demo and he said Blood Falcon color looks like the same as in Brawl, unfortunately.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
It's good to know that names will change w/ skin alts. It shows the dev team gave thought to the inconsistency of having actual clone chars and skin clones and the announcer. I also think they'll be even more aesthetic changes in the way attacks look/sound (such as w/ a character like Sonic/Metal Sonic). So this actually may not seem as bad as many of us initially thought. Not disappointed with Olimar/Alph since they literally play the same in their games. Only thing missing is their rock pikmin.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
It's good to know that names will change w/ skin alts. It shows the dev team gave thought to the inconsistency of having actual clone chars and skin clones and the announcer. I also think they'll be even more aesthetic changes in the way attacks look/sound (such as w/ a character like Sonic/Metal Sonic). So this actually may not seem as bad as many of us initially thought. Not disappointed with Olimar/Alph since they literally play the same in their games. Only thing missing is their rock pikmin.
Agreed, and I still think that they should have done it with more alts like peach's daisy alt and meta knight's galacta knight because they will probably still say 'peach' and 'meta knight'...

EDIT: and maybe, when dixie and wolf aren't in, fox's wolf alt and diddy kong's dixie alt...? But I don't care if those will still have the same name just because they don't totally look like them, they just have a colour pallet that resembles the other character...

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah I was actually against alt costumes that changed the character completely unless their names actually changed. Just a pet peeve of mine.
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club is this good news for you?

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
So has it been confirmed that Little Mac gets 16 alternates? I just can't see Olimar only getting eight if he has an Alph alternate if Little Mac gets eight for his regular costume and eight for his wire frame. That's just... wtf

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So has it been confirmed that Little Mac gets 16 alternates? I just can't see Olimar only getting eight if he has an Alph alternate if Little Mac gets eight for his regular costume and eight for his wire frame. That's just... wtf
Well to be fair if Olimar and Alph by chance got the same color then it'd be hard to differentiate them since they're so similar whereas Wireframe Mac compared to his normal model is a night and day difference.

Then again, Pit and Dark Pit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Well to be fair if Olimar and Alph by chance got the same color then it'd be hard to differentiate them since they're so similar whereas Wireframe Mac compared to his normal model is a night and day difference.

Then again, Pit and Dark Pit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree, wireframe mac looks completely different from little mac, while alph is just olimar but a bit fatter and a bit bigger eyes...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Don't forget guys, Pit also has 16 different colors :troll:
It was a bad joke.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Woowoot for the name changes with alts! And that Fierce Deity Link... my goodness. Do want.

As far as the roster size goes... I'll admit I have absolutely no clue what to think. I'm more than prepared for what I consider to be the two worst case scenarios (what we know from the leak is the complete roster period-end-of-story, or paid DLC characters), but I can't say I'm committed to either. I'm completely open to the possibility that there are more characters that weren't unlocked yet (as per the padlock on the All-star mode) or that we'll get more characters to coincide with the Wii U (though that one just feels... off to me). I'm glad we won't have to wait much longer to know, because it's driving me crazy. /rant

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget guys, Pit also has 16 different colors :troll:
It was a bad joke.
Und Mario has 8'032 alts

(120% true my uncle dad works at nontendo of mexico and got a retweet from sega about it...)

*EDIT*

file photo of my Uncle Dad

130% true

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, since it is redundant to post roster predictions at this point, I am just going to list my remaining character predictions.

- Some character choices were based on promotion value and Amiibos. For example, Dark Pit and Lucina were made their own characters in order to make Amiibos for them.

As for actual predictions:

- Dixie Kong is a Diddy Kong semi-clone.
- Duck Hunt Dog.
- Mewtwo.
- Dr. Mario as a Mario clone.
- Dark Pit as a Pit clone.
- Wolf back.
- Lucas as Ness alt (Lucas's Specials were made into customs for Ness)
- Ice Climbers hidden or DLC.
- Ridley as DLC.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Okay, since it is redundant to post roster predictions at this point, I am just going to list my remaining character predictions.

- Some character choices were based on promotion value and Amiibos. For example, Dark Pit and Lucina were made their own characters in order to make Amiibos for them.

- Duck Hunt Dog.
- Mewtwo.
- Wolf back.
- Ridley as DLC.
-Applauds- Dixie for life.

Morbi

Scavenger

- Duck Hunt Dog.
- Mewtwo.
- Wolf back.
- Ridley as DLC.
I tried to tell people that Dark Pit would be his own character for an Amiibo... people laughed at me. I always win. ;)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I tried to tell people that Dark Pit would be his own character for an Amiibo... people laughed at me. I always win. ;)
We'll just have to see how that win record of yours holds up after the game is released. ;)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Part of me hopes that Dark Pit was included partially to poke fun at Decapre.

"Alright, we've got one super secret character we'd like to announce! Its..."

*Dark Pit*.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe Dark Pit is not a clone....?
Perhaps he is not. Nothing has been officially confirmed, this includes his role in the game. It is certainly possible that he is not his own character slot, even. The leak is quite credible, but I am sure that some aspects are subject to change. He could always be relegated back to his role as a costume for instance.

Not that it is likely; however, people need something to latch onto. Something to keep them going. Something... to prevent the battle-rage from dispersing.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I would have even preferred a backwards cap Diddy alt over that palette swap. On a more positive note, Fierce Deity Link is legit and Robin sounds like he's going to be a pain in the neck. It's good to see his gimmick didn't flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom