• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
So I heard Pikachu gets to wear Gold/Ethen's hat.

I wasn't going to main Pika this time, but now I might have to.
Honestly, it is great to mix things up. Pikachu emulating Gold rather than Red is really interesting and I suppose it plays into that, "Pichu from Melee is Pikachu in Brawl" theory further.

I would have even preferred a backwards cap Diddy alt over that palette swap. On a more positive note, Fierce Deity Link is legit and Robin sounds like he's going to be a pain in the neck. It's good to see his gimmick didn't flop.
I am just glad that there is a Link alternative that replaces his face.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it is great to mix things up. Pikachu emulating Gold rather than Red is really interesting and I suppose it plays into that, "Pichu from Melee is Pikachu in Brawl" theory further.
In this cas, I hope that Charizard has an alt. with Red's cap.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seeing these new alternates costumes is really exciting. Fierce Deity Link is great because not only do we get to play as a Majora's Mask character, but we also get to play Link without derp eyes.

Also, I think instead of disconfirming him, Fox's "Wolf costume" is more of a soft confirmation for him. By the same coin; Alph being an alt for Olimar makes me positive the same will happen for Ness/Lucas.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Part of me hopes that Dark Pit was included partially to poke fun at Decapre.

"Alright, we've got one super secret character we'd like to announce! Its..."

*Dark Pit*.
Wow now I'm mad at Sakurai for not hyping up Dark Pit the same way Ono did for Decapre.

Although to be fair Decapre ended up being extremely fun so...kudos to Ono lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

French journalist who has Smash 3DS just tweeted that Chorus Men was in the game, apparently. He's been deleting the tweets, but someone screencapped it.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I hope the villager gets 16 overall too.
That would seem fair since Animal Crossing really focuses on customization, but I think 8 is all we'll get sadly.
I'd support 16 colors: 8 male, 8 female.

Last edited:

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
eeeeh the person who took the screen should at least have scrapped the name. There's a confidenciality clause and all that stuff.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Roster. Ruined.
Even I of all people think that is a massive overreaction. One character of that nature cannot ruin a roster. I have more of an issue with the cuts than I do with the Chorus Men, though the whole "In your face, Gematsu deniers!" thing that will happen is undoubtedly going to be lame.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Even I of all people think that is a massive overreaction. One character of that nature cannot ruin a roster. I have more of an issue with the cuts than I do with the Chorus Men, though the whole "In your face, Gematsu deniers!" thing that will happen is undoubtedly going to be lame.
Pac Man and Mii were already terrible enough. Chorus Men without Ice Climbers makes this even worse.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still don't think this means anything for Gematsu at this point. It's been dead for a while now.

And I don't see why people have any pride complexes for believing in a leak that turns out to be correct.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So if this is legit, it means two things:

1) Gematsu leak was real after all, except for Chrom's mistake.
2) There's indeed more characters we have no knowledge of.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
...Seriously?
If the roster had Micaiah, Bowser Jr, Mewtwo, and every character everyone everywhere ever wanted, would it still be ruined?
Why is this such a big deal?
No it wouldn't be. But I really didn't want the Chorus Men. Having 12 people on the field at the same time will just look bad.

And Bowser Jr. plays just the way I hoped he wouldn't.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why?

Pac-man was a great choice, and the Miis were something that we knew were comming, IC were never a really popular characters and Chorus Men looks interesting (A character based on music? that sounds pretty cool)
By that argument, they certainly were more popular than the Chorus Men ever where. Barely anyone asked for them pre-Gematsu leak and even then, the Chorus Men aren't exactly characters one can remotely call popular.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
1) Gematsu leak was real after all, except for Chrom's mistake..
And getting a bunch of dates wrong.
And missing Rosalina.
And missing both Lucina and Robin to add insult to the Chrom injury.
And the leaker basically disappearing from existence right after the Lucina and Robin reveal.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And missing Rosalina.
And the leaker basically disappearing from existence right after the Lucina and Robin reveal.
So basically, whether the Gematsu got the Chorus Men right or not doesn't matter anymore. It certainly hasn't proven to be very reliable. Of course, all of this will be ignored by "it doesn't matter, it's still correct!"

Maxilian

Smash Ace
By that argument, they certainly were more popular than the Chorus Men ever where. Barely anyone asked for them pre-Gematsu leak and even then, the Chorus Men aren't exactly characters one can remotely call popular.
I never said that the Chorus Men were more popular than IC but i'm just saying that adding one over the other is not a big deal cause none of them are popular so... that won't ruin the roster in any way

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Who cares if Gematsu got stuff right? Good for them. We'll know everything in a matter of days so who really cares if it was a completely reliable leak?

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I just realized we don't know if this guys even telling the truth or not. I'll find out when I get the game this weekend.
True dat.

But I do not see any reason for people to look down on a unique franchise without explanation other then "it would look stupid when they are together"

once again though, Opinion is opinion

*EDIT*

and what is wrong with Pac-Man anyway? he is a good 3rd party rep with interesting moves. (besides he is a living manifestation of Namco in that matter...) :)

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I never said that the Chorus Men were more popular than IC but i'm just saying that adding one over the other is not a big deal cause none of them are popular so... that won't ruin the roster in any way
Well I'd much rather have a character who has been in Smash for 13 years over a character no one even really wanted at first.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Well I'd much rather have a character who has been in Smash for 13 years over a character no one even really wanted at first.
I like the Chorus Men, but I like the Ice Climbers more. However, I don't think CM's inclusion effected IC's chances at all. I mean, we technically don't know for SURE that either of them are in or out.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
And missing Rosalina.
Well then, not real but insanely accurate. I couldn't care less...

I hope someone says something about this soon, it could be very good news for all of us who are expecting more characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's more like a character from a series a lot of people wanted to have a playable character to represent it, no matter who it is.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I hope if Chorus Men get in, they work like a tank in which they all have one hitbox and move around together, instead of having 3 separate hitboxes. If they are 3 separate characters, cutting the Ice Climbers is an incredibly stupid move.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Please stop saying it like that. some people really enjoy the Rhythm Heaven series (I myself enjoy it to attest to this) and I enjoy the Ice Climbers too. But I don't see an issue with Chorus over IC (ONLY for the fact that there are too many NES reps in which I would remove one for IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom